• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor change to the MCU Cosmology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently the Multiverse contains countless unique timelines, not be confused with the branches of the Sacred Timeline, but actually those are just the ones that we know battled in the Multiversal War, while He Who Remains states that there are an infinite amount of variants of him, which is further confirmed by the Marvel Website:
‌He tells the duo they can kill him and destroy all that He has built, resulting in an infinite number of devils to contend with.

‌You either take over and my life’s work continues, or you plunge a blade into my chest and an infinite amount of me start another Multiversal War.
‌He Who Remains makes good on his threat. If they kill him, they’ll expose the Sacred Timeline and invite an infinite number of versions of himself who aren’t as keen on peace and harmony.
Those variants do not originate from the branches of the Sacred Timeline but exist on their own separate timelines, we know that since the reason why He Who Remains isolated the Sacred Timeline was to disconnect it from the other timelines and the Multiverse, thus hiding it from said variants:
‌The idea with He Who Remains is that he’s a variant of Kang the Conqueror. Basically, he tells them in his story that he managed to close himself off and isolate the timeline that we all know from the other timelines. It’s almost like they’re an island that’s completely hidden from everyone. He’s been doing that to protect himself because he’s afraid of the other variants of himself, which is Kang the Conqueror and many other variants of him as well, there’s so many different versions of that character. In our story, it’s He Who Remains, and he’s a variant of Kang.
After the death of He Who Remains, the Sacred Timeline not only branched, but also connected with the Multiverse and expanded to alternate realities, these being the infinite timelines where the variants of Kang from which He Who Remains was hiding are.
  • This also explains why we saw variants of Kang even before the events of Loki during Quantumania (when Janet was still trapped in the Quantum Realm and met Kang who had been exiled by the Council of Kangs)
This would make the Multiverse contain an infinite amount of timelines, each one of them having infinite branches, and each branch contains infinite universes, where a single choice can branch out into infinite realities (Infinite*Infinite*Infinite Ad Infinitum). To summarize, the only thing that would be changed from the Cosmology Page is this:
‌The Multiverse as a whole contains countless of those timelines
To this:
‌The Multiverse as a whole contains an infinite amount of those timelines, which is further confirmed by the Marvel Website
That's all

Sounds ok until kang dinasty this wont really affect anyone
For now it would just affect the range of portals, teleportation and warping of Infinity Ultron and the Watcher since they can travel outside the Multiverse, which is somewhat OP for the latter since his first move is BFR

For now it would just affect the range of portals, teleportation and warping of Infinity Ultron and the Watcher since they can travel outside the Multiverse, which is somewhat OP for the latter since his first move is BFR
Teleportation isnt affected it doesnt matter if the cosmology has 30 kinds of infinites they teleport from universe to universe. The size of the multiverse doesnt affect whats outside of it

Teleportation isnt affected it doesnt matter if the cosmology has 30 kinds of infinites they teleport from universe to universe. The size of the multiverse doesnt affect whats outside of it
? They can travel anywhere in the Multiverse and outside of it, that would scale to their range

Should we clarify/is it already acknowledged in the MCU cosmology page that the Sony Marvel Universe, Raimi Trilogy, and the Spider-Verse movies are a part of the MCU multiverse? Apart from that agree.

Tbh, I do think that the MCU cosmology have the potential to reach Low 1-C even without the Real World, since the simple existence of infinite Timelines makes it so that a single Timeline (a 2-A structure) would be infinitesimal to the totality of the Timelines in the cosmology. However, without further context and informations I doubt something like this will ever be accepted since what we have right now is too vague, so above baseline 2-A is far better overall.
Btw, I agree with the revision.

You can make an argument with the Quantum Realm as it spans across the entire Multiverse like a basement and the world between worlds, although it's weird because it can only be accessed by being subatomic and the size is diminished infinitely. There is also a scan that mentions inaccessible dimensions but it's very vague

Even if the general multiverse does not count as kewin, it is suitable for the low 1c structure, including the sacred timelines and the multiverse in general that includes it.
the only thing unaffected i guess will be the scales of individuals i was positive for the watcher but i guess it won't seem acceptable whatever i mean i agree

You can make an argument with the Quantum Realm as it spans across the entire Multiverse like a basement and the world between worlds, although it's weird because it can only be accessed by being subatomic and the size is diminished infinitely. There is also a scan that mentions inaccessible dimensions but it's very vague
What about the variants of quantum realmn shown in What if.

What about the variants of quantum realmn shown in What if.
The Quantum Realm is stated to be the basement of the Multiverse and the world between worlds, which would refer to the timelines since Janet met Kang even when the Sacred Timeline was isolated and hidden from the other timelines. So the Quantum Realm wouldn't have variants or branches since it is the same across the whole Multiverse

These are the statements and the source btw:
The Quantum Realm is just as big an idea as any of the things in any of the other worlds we’ve explored in the MCU to date. It’s a world unto itself not unlike Asgard or Wakanda or the world of the mystic arts in Doctor Strange.
We came up with [the idea] that basically it’s like the basement of the Multiverse. It’s this connected limbo outside of space and time.
When [director] Peyton Reed came to me we started talking about the Quantum Realm being this vast epic, world within worlds, he wanted it to feel like it was huge. [...] So that when we go down there with our protagonist we can feel it and touch it and smell it and that we want it to feel like it is this real place that’s hidden beneath the Multiverse.
But anyways, the Quantum Realm was already briefly discussed in the other thread and it isn't the purpose of this CRT

Agree, as Sacred Timeline and all of its branches combined alone are 5D now, it'll make cosmology Infinite 5D.

Looks fine as long as you reference the TV Show name and the Episode name. And upload the appropriate clips to imgur, since YouTube links have a nasty habit of being shitcanned by DA MAUS.
I can do that except the latter, cons of doing everything from my phone and not having a computer. Bump btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back