• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor addition to Sniper (TF2)

this is actually a downgrade, as anyone who's into that would be immune to the debuff, dang

jokes aside, agreed

Anyway, being serious for a moment.

No this doesn't count as empath manip lol

It's literally just throwing a jar of piss at someone. Like yes of course they'll be upset. No approval from me.

It's literally just throwing a jar of piss at someone. Like yes of course they'll be upset. No approval from me.
Since when is "being upset" the same as losing the will to live to the point where you actively take more damage from an attack?

Since when is "being upset" the same as losing the will to live to the point where you actively take more damage from an attack?
I really quite think "losing the will to live" is a bit of an exaggeration. This is an in-universe advert after all.

It's not like this is some special piss that impacts your emotions lol

I really quite think "losing the will to live" is a bit of an exaggeration. This is an in-universe advert after all.

I think the morale effect it has on the victim is what causes them to take more damage. Why else would it cause them to take more damage? It never said anything magical happened other than causing them to lose their will to live if I remember correctly

I don't know where you got the idea that this was "in-universe", as people wouldn't be able to BUY it in-universe, cause....you know. It's just a Valve advertisement for the official Mann-Co store in the style of TF2; this should be obvious.
Proof? Because according to WOG, that is quite literally what it is.

I don't know where you got the idea that this was "in-universe", as people wouldn't be able to BUY it in-universe, cause....you know. It's just a Valve advertisement for the official Mann-Co store in the style of TF2; this should be obvious.
It is quite literally plastered on an in-universe advertisement. People in-universe aren't buying bottles of piss, they're buying the manual to learn how to fight with bottles of piss. And also the pills that enlarge your kidneys.
Proof? Because according to WOG, that is quite literally what it is.
This is the most ridiculous argument I've ever been part of.

Refer to my previous comment about the advertisement. It's just a jar of piss, man. The method of using it and how many jars Sniper can piss out is what's superhuman here, not the substance itself.

It is quite literally plastered on an in-universe advertisement. People in-universe aren't buying bottles of piss, they're buying the manual to learn how to fight with bottles of piss.
That's fair, actually. Still, it should be valid, as it is the only explanation we are given as to why the Jarate has the effects it has. Nothing contradicts this idea, and it still at the very least counts supplementary canon.
This is the most ridiculous argument I've ever been part of.
True; it is quite ridiculous how you can't accept something so simple that the actual page literally says "IT IS NOT COMPLICATED!"
Refer to my previous comment about the advertisement.
Released and written by Valve.
It's just a jar of piss, man. The method of using it and how many jars Sniper can piss out is what's superhuman here, not the substance itself.
According to the official article about the weapon, you're wrong, plain and simple. Unless of course, you have an alternative source that contradicts it; in which case, I will gladly secede.

Back