• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minecraft Key Dividers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
This is for The Player (Minecraft). His abilities should be seperated to better reflect what he can realistically get in the early game, mid game and the late game. I suggest that stuff like leather armour + wood tools + snow golems be in key 1 along with Steve's natural abilities (i.e. Regenerationn), iron armour + tools, basic mob drops (i.e. ender pearls), bows, TnT be in key 2 and everything else (enchantments, potions, elytra) be in key 3.

Thoughts?

I honestly don't know how it would have to be sorted. If you want to consider "The End" and end game then stuff like the elytra would count. The nether could be mid game and things found in the nether would be in that key. The rest found in the overworld would work for early game.

That's just a weak suggestion that came to my mind though.

I still think anything nether and beyond, + woodland mansion, should be late-game.

You generally have diamonds by the time you go into the nether

Honestly what defines Mid Game and End Game? Minecraft's playstyle is very versatile in terms of how you play and approach things. Heck, you could easily face an Enderman before you take on a Silverfish.

Lonkitt said:
Honestly what defines Mid Game and End Game? Minecraft's playstyle is very versatile in terms of how you play and approach things. Heck, you could easily face an Enderman before you take on a Silverfish.
Early-Game is pretty much base Steve who'd struggle at best to take on normal mobs like Skeletons

Mid-Game is Steve who can somewhat reliably take down normal mobs + Endermen.

Late-Game is Steve with his best gear, able to defeat the Wither/Ender Dragon without cheese strats.

It's less about what you have a chance of doing, and more about what players are expected to do. You wouldn't expect a player to take down an enderman with their fists, but a player taking down a silverfish with their fists isn't farfetched. Just like how in some RPGs you can face the final boss at an early game level and still sometimes get away with it.

@GyroNutz right but all that most dependent on your armor and sword. A lot of players don't even need all of the other items in the game in general.

I always thought Diamonds were actually mid-game and fully enchanted Diamonds were late game.

"Late Game Steve" is more synonymous will "Full Power has everything Steve"

I dunno if it's because I suck at the game but taking on the dragon without enchants suck.

Hmm. Should we say at least that stuff like the Elytra and Totems of Undying are definitely late game due to needing to beat 7-Cs to get them, and enchantments are also 7-C due to being, well, quite obviously late-game.

Other stuff like potions, if we allow them, should be in limited stock i.e. 1 or 2 of each type of potion at most.

Steve can equip tons of things so there shouldn't be a potion limit. I agree with the elytra but you don't need to beat any 7-C's for the Totems or Undying, and enchantments...eh you can enchant iron gear for example.

Again, it's not what he theoretically can do, but what is most realistic. By gameplay, yes he can beat Evokers to get totems of undying, and yes he can carry numerous potions at once, but in the mid-game that's all unlikely at best.

But if he's capable of doing it then suggesting he can't would be downplay. That's how I see it anyway.

This. The only thing that's actually been agreed on is that Elytras and other stuff from end cities are late-game exclusive.

Okay. If you need more input, you can use the Minecraft verse page to find more members to ask to comment here.

I think Early Game should just be base Steve without any equipment. Why?

Cause everything one can acquire 2 seconds after spawning would put one at 8-C due to easily being able to slay Zombies, Skeletons and even survive Creepers, albeit not at point-blank range.

Fair enough. The difference between mid-game and late-game is the main problem here tho

Yeah, literally even Wood Sword+full or even partial Leather Armor would be enough for 8-C.

Early and Mid Game can honestly be lumped together into one tier, since they wield basically the same results (maybe name it With Equipment and Late Game With Best Equipment or something).

Perhaps also add a / to also actually point those out.

Example: Base | Early-Mid Game/With Equipment | Late Game/With Best Equipment

I suppose that Crabwhale seems to make sense.

It still doesn't answer the main question though. What abilties are considered 'early-mid game' rather than 'late game/best equipment'?

I think the Nether and anything that comes after that should be Late Game. As previously mentioned, by this point you'd have some Diamond stuff at the absolute least.

So is somebody experienced willing to handle the updates?

Since we're already doing this shouldn't Steve have a power for Thorns? Don't know what it would be called but it's when someone hits you that person takes damage as well.

If someone can unlock Steve's profile, I can carry out the changes?

Also Nether shouldn't be late game

You're fighting 8-C mobs and stuff like that when you're in the nether

I personally think enchanted diamond = late game

basic diamond = mid-game

You can fight the Ender Dragon with basic Diamond stuff.

Diamond stuff is definitely end game.

Diamond stuff is the most powerful gear in the entire game, and finding diamonds on its own, let alone enough for diamond gear, is hard to do. It's end-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back