• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minecraft - Abilities Addition

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
Here are a few abilities that I believe Minecraft profiles are either currently lacking or would have due to the 1.17 update.

Disease Resistance: Zombies turn villagers into Zombie Villagers upon killing them via infection, which is already accepted. However despite being able to be killed, Steve never turns into a zombified version of himself by zombies. This could also apply to other mobs that Zombies could kill, like Wolves, but this may be due to a difference in physiology.

Heat Resistance: Using the Nether heat for durability has been debunked for a long time, but it should be fine for heat resistance. Water immediately evaporates in the Nether, Snow Golems (made from two cubic metres of snow) die almost instantly, etc. This would apply to the Player and any native Nether mob at least (notably Piglins, Skeletons, Endermen and Hoglins, who don't already resist fire).

Explosion Manipulation: The Player has access to explosives like TNT and Fireworks, already on his profile but the ability isn't.

Statistics Reduction: The Player can reduce opponents' statistics with weakness and slowness potions.

Preparation: Self-explanatory, The Player can create powerful tools, armour, weapons, etc in short spans of time.

Damage Reduction: Beacons, Notch Apples and Turtle Master potions provide resistance which reduce the damage that Steve takes.

Protection Resistances: The protection enchantment provides somewhat of a resistance to the following means of attack:
Fire Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Magic (potions), Explosion Manipulation, Death Manipulation (wither effect), Electricity Manipulation (lightning), Acid Manipulation (dragon breath), Ice Manipulation (freezing)
It can also be noted that Blast Protection and Fire Protection provide superior resistances to explosion and fire manipulation respectively, but these cannot be stacked with protection. Dunno how to cover projectile protection without it being game mechanics-y.

Ice Resistance: Snow Golems, Strays, Polar Bears and Withers are immune to the freezing effect from Powder Snow. Same applies to any mob + The Player wearing Leather Armour (could be notable for Horses, Zombies + Skeletons)

Immortality Type 7: This pretty much covers the typical perks of being undead, and should replace stuff like self-sustenance. Consistent with stuff like undead mobs being able to breathe underwater.

Summoning: Zombies can spawn other zombies in hard mode. Hard to prove outright, but you can read about it here.

Enhanced Senses: Brightness is a fairly major mechanic in Minecraft, yet several mobs can track and attack you even in pitch black darkness. I believe any mobs native to caves should get Enhanced Senses (includes Zombies, Skeletons, Slimes, Cave/Spiders, Endermen, Witches, Creepers, Silverfish)

Sense Manipulation: The Player has Sense Manipulation via blindness and nausea potions. Yet I'm pretty sure neither of these things actually exist, and the minecraft wiki seems to think so too. So this + the mention of "luck potions" should be removed (as while this is a thing, it has been removed from survival mode).

Construction: The Player is the poster boy for the newly added construction ability, I think this is self-explanatory.

Last edited:
It is said, granted I don't know where, that steve is just a different thing from the Villagers, His species just might not be susceptible to the virus in the same why the villagers are

Last edited:
This might be a stretch but the standard zombies look nothing like the zombie villagers. They look more like a green Steve with empty eye sockets.

We should also edit in the new Construction power since Steve is listed as one of the users of it lol

Underwater Breathing: All undead mobs can breathe underwater. The self-sustenance on Zombies' profiles needs to be replaced with Underwater Breathing (Type 2).
Doesn't being undead already cover that?
As far as ik we don't add the ability to breath underwater for beings like that, plus it wouldn't really be breathing in their case but moreso self sustance
Disease Resistance: Zombies turn villagers into Zombie Villagers upon killing them via infection, which is already accepted. However despite being able to be killed, Steve never turns into a zombified version of himself by zombies. This could also apply to other mobs that Zombies could kill, like Wolves, but this may be due to a difference in physiology.
So yah, seems like a physiolgy thing or not true since regular zombies look more like Steve rather then villagers would imply other beings like Steve got effected by the disease

The rest of the CRT seems fine rn

It is said, granted I don't know where, that steve is just a different thing from the Villagers, His species just might not be susceptible to the virus in the same why the villagers are
I've heard something like that before from other people, though without a source for that I think it's safe to assume that both Steve and Villagers are humans.

Doesn't being undead already cover that?
As far as ik we don't add the ability to breath underwater for beings like that, plus it wouldn't really be breathing in their case but moreso self sustance
The abilities that being undead grants you varies from verse to verse, so unless we get an undead physiology page I think it's better to list it as underwater breathing. Self-Sustenance could also make sense from a logical perspective (e.g. we can visibly see that Skeletons don't have lungs) but there's no other breathing mechanics that would support that in-game.

Construction has been added to the OP.

The abilities that being undead grants you varies from verse to verse, so unless we get an undead physiology page I think it's better to list it as underwater breathing. Self-Sustenance could also make sense from a logical perspective (e.g. we can visibly see that Skeletons don't have lungs) but there's no other breathing mechanics that would support that in-game.
Okay but this should really apply to any undead since they're well dead so there's no reason to assume a zombie's lungs suddenly work
I think self sustance if you're set on giving an additional ability works much better here

I've heard something like that before from other people, though without a source for that I think it's safe to assume that both Steve and Villagers are humans.
I mean, i feel like were just setting it up to be removed later, I know the feedback sight lists "your not there type" under reasons villagers won't do ~~do stuff~~ with you, but I doubt that's enough, there considered a "humaniod" mob there not a human mob, But I think there's an actual statement that's rather direct about this

Edit: to clarify, there the only mob in that category and it's still called 'humanoid'

I mean, i feel like were just setting it up to be removed later, I know the feedback sight lists "your not there type" under reasons villagers won't do ~~do stuff~~ with you, but I doubt that's enough, there considered a "humaniod" mob there not a human mob, But I think there's an actual statement that's rather direct about this
"You're not their type" sounds to me like the villagers simply don't find Steve attractive. Where does the "humanoid" mob thing come from?

Where does the "humanoid" mob thing come from?
Well the feedback website but they've sense restructured so my prior point had kinda become mute, I'm now searching the videos on mojang and the offical minecraft YouTube channel for anything to provide clarity

Last edited:
bump

So far everything except disease resistance and underwater breathing has been accepted. For the latter, I've made a couple of adjustments to the initial proposal:

Immortality Type 7: This pretty much covers the typical perks of being undead, and should replace stuff like self-sustenance.

Summoning: Zombies can spawn other zombies in hard mode. Hard to prove outright, but you can read about it here.

I'm talking about the second paragraph, where "zombies can spawn additional zombies to "help" when damaged."

Oki.

I mean they both look fine to me. I'm unsure how they can really be argued lol, seem pretty clear cut.

There's also another ability not listed coming in 1.18, Vibration Manipulation. The player can place cubic meters of wool to prevent any vibrations be detected from the other side, the player can place down sculk sensors to detect vibrations, possibly to track down invisible foes, and the player themselves can make themselves unable to emit any vibrations when walking or jumping by sneaking.

Well, I'd rather not add abilities for an update that isn't officially released yet. Though I think the player lessens the vibrations they emit by sneaking to the point where sculk sensors can't detect them, rather than nullifying them altogether.

Aside from that, is everything else alright to be added?

Well, I'd rather not add abilities for an update that isn't officially released yet. Though I think the player lessens the vibrations they emit by sneaking to the point where sculk sensors can't detect them, rather than nullifying them altogether.

Aside from that, is everything else alright to
Even though I partially disagree since, 1. There's a caves and cliffs feature on bedrock that doesn't enable cheats, and 2. Even though there's a small possibility that the vibration mechanics aren't gonna come out, they most likely won't scrap it. But there's still the fact that the possibility is there, so said ability should be added once in the game.

Now, I personally think that the player's sneaking does nullify the affect, since nothing really proves that it doesn't, and because jumping, even while sneaking should still emit a good amount of vibrations, regardless if you're crouching or not. Although there is a possibility since there's a range to sculk sensors, implying that they aren't completely op as vibration-detectors.

Even though I partially disagree since, 1. There's a caves and cliffs feature on bedrock that doesn't enable cheats
That's part of Experimental Gameplay, which is basically the equivalent of snapshots in the java version.

Now, I personally think that the player's sneaking does nullify the affect, since nothing really proves that it doesn't, and because jumping, even while sneaking should still emit a good amount of vibrations, regardless if you're crouching or not. Although there is a possibility since there's a range to sculk sensors, implying that they aren't completely op as vibration-detectors.
It just seems more logical to me that you're reducing the vibrations to the point where it can't detect them rather than nullifying them completely. Not sure if significantly dampening vibrations is worth putting on a profile or combat-applicable, but I suppose we can cross that bridge when we get to it.

Back