• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minato Namikaze vs Jellal Fernandez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voting Minato too. Jellal’s kit is decent but Minato low key counters all of it or makes it not matter much at all tbh.

With Mystogan’s staves, he has access to attack reflection to bounce back magic/chakra (which Minato doesn’t really use much beyond Rasengan), gets illusions (Minato can break out of it like genjutsu), and is able to turn into mist to avoid attacks (doesn’t stop him from getting sealed). Jellal is smart enough to cop on to the fact that Minato blinks to the kunai so destroying them would be one of his goals. This is something he actually can do as he just rains Grand Chariot on the field as a bunch of smaller blasts so that Minato can’t simply port all of it away like if Jellal used Sema. Issue is that even if he limits Minato’s overall movement, so long as Minato has a single kunai (he always does) he can weave Jellal’s attacks, even with Meteor.

Something that would actually net Jellal the dub is landing Bind Snake as it would restrict Minato’s body and stop him from moving (teleporting would still be possible until Jellal breaks all the kunai). Problem with that is actually landing it as Minato’s keep away game is mega strong. The one thing Jellal can land is his telekinesis to rag doll Minato a bit but some teleportation just gets him out of it.

Minato has shown the eight signed seal, which was able to seal away half of the NINE TAILS, letalone Jelly boy.
Right. I forgot that he used a different seal for Naruto. Which makes me wonder why the **** he didn't just use that for himself instead of sacrificing himself with the Reaper Seal. Or better yet, why he didn't at least save Kushina by resealing Kurama inside her instead. Minato and Kushina's deaths are emotional and I like it as much as the next guy, but it was really avoidable and stupid when one really thinks about it lol.
Also Minato's Shunshin is far better than Ay's, but I suppose that's a bit irrelevant.
Y'know, this is something Minato fans always say for some reason, but I never quite understand it.
But hey, don't spoil the suspense now, I'll wait to find out during the speed revisions I suppose.
Everything else I agree with.
Noice.

Anddd now we're in grace~

Glad this wasn't just a fra train. Everyone, for the most part, was able to make an argument as to why they voted for who they voted. Kudos for Anon and Sparkle for including arguments for Jellal too!!

Worst case scenario Minato reaper death seals and it’s a draw. I don’t see how Jellal wins, like it’s either Minato cops the dub or he double suicides.

Right. I forgot that he used a different seal for Naruto. Which makes me wonder why the **** he didn't just use that for himself instead of sacrificing himself with the Reaper Seal. Or better yet, why he didn't at least save Kushina by resealing Kurama inside her instead. Minato and Kushina's deaths are emotional and I like it as much as the next guy, but it was really avoidable and stupid when one really thinks about it lol.

Y'know, this is something Minato fans always say for some reason, but I never quite understand it.
But hey, don't spoil the suspense now, I'll wait to find out during the speed revisions I suppose.

Noice.
He needed the RDS to split the Nine Tails into two halves. That's some SOSP level jutsu, not something u can do with a regular sealing jutsu. Also pretty sure he couldn't just seal the whole Kyuubi into Naruto cause he couldn't handle it and he didn't have a sealing jutsu good enough for that.

I mean...I sorta already spoiled it in my 2-4 Hokages and Juubito speed revision thread that got paused. I get a sinking suspicion in my stomach that in that thread I'm gonna spend the majority of it arguing he scales to the new equivalent of Relativistic and in the end he gets an "At least equivalent of Sub-Relativistic, possibly equivalent of Relativistic." Just like AP 😭 (as a side note: any idea when the Kisame calc replacement will be incoming so I can make that MinObiKonan thread?)

Indeed noice. At least u don't downplay his skill and intelligence.
Anddd now we're in grace~

Glad this wasn't just a fra train. Everyone, for the most part, was able to make an argument as to why they voted for who they voted. Kudos for Anon and Sparkle for including arguments for Jellal too!!
Wait did I? 😂 I guess I said if Meteor is 20x faster than base but I was just saying that to show the ridiculousness of Meteor blitzing.

He needed the RDS to split the Nine Tails into two halves. That's some SOSP level jutsu, not something u can do with a regular sealing jutsu. Also pretty sure he couldn't just seal the whole Kyuubi into Naruto cause he couldn't handle it and he didn't have a sealing jutsu good enough for that.
Okay, but like, he could've just resealed him into Kushina though.......
I mean, obviously I understand that Kishimoto had already written himself into a corner by that point, but still it's kinda funny I guess.

I mean...I sorta already spoiled it in my 2-4 Hokages and Juubito speed revision thread that got paused. I get a sinking suspicion in my stomach that in that thread I'm gonna spend the majority of it arguing he scales to the new equivalent of Relativistic and in the end he gets an "At least equivalent of Sub-Relativistic, possibly equivalent of Relativistic." Just like AP 😭
You highly overestimate my memory, mate. I barely remember my own threads and arguments, ain't no way in hell am I gonna remember yours lmao.
Though this works nicely for me in a way, I suppose it'll make the arguments seem more fresh and interesting.
(as a side note: any idea when the Kisame calc replacement will be incoming so I can make that MinObiKonan thread?)
It'll be after the Part I revisions, because the calcs and scaling implemented there will be the basis for everything. We're currently working on it, but the calcs themselves still need to get evaluated, which is entirely out of my hand. I've asked multiple calc group members, but nobody properly evaluated them yet, so we'll have to wait a bit longer it seems.
Indeed noice. At least u don't downplay his skill and intelligence.
That's because unlike his AP, he has actual straightforward stuff for intelligence and skill, making it impossible for just about anyone to downplay those aspects. The most "disrespect" anyone can dish out when it comes to Minato's intelligence is maaaaaaaaaybe claiming that Itachi is smarter, but obviously that's just subjective anyway.

Okay, but like, he could've just resealed him into Kushina though.......
I mean, obviously I understand that Kishimoto had already written himself into a corner by that point, but still it's kinda funny I guess.

You highly overestimate my memory, mate. I barely remember my own threads and arguments, ain't no way in hell am I gonna remember yours lmao.
Though this works nicely for me in a way, I suppose it'll make the arguments seem more fresh and interesting.

It'll be after the Part I revisions, because the calcs and scaling implemented there will be the basis for everything. We're currently working on it, but the calcs themselves still need to get evaluated, which is entirely out of my hand. I've asked multiple calc group members, but nobody properly evaluated them yet, so we'll have to wait a bit longer it seems.

That's because unlike his AP, he has actual straightforward stuff for intelligence and skill, making it impossible for just about anyone to downplay those aspects. The most "disrespect" anyone can dish out when it comes to Minato's intelligence is maaaaaaaaaybe claiming that Itachi is smarter, but obviously that's just subjective anyway.
Don't think Bijuu being reinserted into the Jin reviving them was thought of at that time.

Lmao yeah the awesome arguments catching you offguard will make them impossible to argue against and you'll have to accept it immediately 😎

Kk

Bold of u to assume his AP scaling isn't straightforward

Don't think Bijuu being reinserted into the Jin reviving them was thought of at that time.
Hmm, could be. Though it's weird because Kushina wasn't even dead yet, but yeah, let's stop derailing this thread lol.
Lmao yeah the awesome arguments catching you offguard will make them impossible to argue against and you'll have to accept it immediately 😎
Of course of course, I'm sure that's exactly how it's going to play out. :)
Bold of u to assume his AP scaling isn't straightforward
Hehehehehe
Well, I'll give you that it's plausible. Maybe even highly plausible, depending on who you ask. Buuuuuut straightforward isn't the word I'd use to describe it.

Hmm, could be. Though it's weird because Kushina wasn't even dead yet, but yeah, let's stop derailing this thread lol.

Of course of course, I'm sure that's exactly how it's going to play out. :)

Hehehehehe
Well, I'll give you that it's plausible. Maybe even highly plausible, depending on who you ask. Buuuuuut straightforward isn't the word I'd use to describe it.
I meant allow her to live but ya

Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

1 decent statement lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back