• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minato Namikaze VS Itachi Uchiha

• Fight Location: Lvneel Kingdom
  • Starting Distance: 100 Meters
  • Both in-character
  • Alive Minato and Alive (Healthy) Itachi was used
Minato: 8 (@GokuSparkle, @Crayons, @RisingIons, @Sonicflare9, @Armerish, @Popted2, @Pokemonfan807, @Theendzero13)
Itachi:
Inconclusive:

latest
latest

Last edited:
Minato takes it in Base with high difficulty, add in SM and it becomes low-mid diff. Minato obviously has the speed advantage. I would argue against your point about Minato only being rel in reactions since his shunshin is faster than Tobirama who could run up to an exploding TSO, but that's irrelevant as he only needs reactions and FTG to win. His strength (other than with Susanoo which I'll get to in a minute), skill, and versatility is also greater, even though they're pretty close in these categories. Intelligence wise Itachi might have the slight edge, although it can really be argued either way.

As for the Susanoo, Minato isn't gonna be hit by that, let's get that out of the way. Even his shunshin would be enough to avoid the massive unsubtle attacks from that. And since Itachi won't activate that right away Minato will likely either kill him first (in which case he doesn't get the chance) or marks him so that the Susanoo isn't a factor. Even assuming that doesn't happen, Minato can simply outlast by escaping until Itachi runs out of juice, but Itachi is smart so he'll see it isn't working and stop using it, then Minato will attack, and with all those FTG kunai he'll have scattered around, Itachi's gonna have a field day trying to keep up with them and figuring out where he'll appear. Minato likes being unpredictable, so he'll do something that would catch Itachi offguard, like teleporting directly to him or somewhere far away so he can quickly gather SM energy, or he'll just simply teleport to a kunai near him and use his superior speed to attack Itachi before he can react.

Minato takes it in Base with high difficulty, add in SM and it becomes low-mid diff. Minato obviously has the speed advantage. I would argue against your point about Minato only being rel in reactions since his shunshin is faster than Tobirama who could run up to an exploding TSO, but that's irrelevant as he only needs reactions and FTG to win. His strength (other than with Susanoo which I'll get to in a minute), skill, and versatility is also greater, even though they're pretty close in these categories. Intelligence wise Itachi might have the slight edge, although it can really be argued either way.

As for the Susanoo, Minato isn't gonna be hit by that, let's get that out of the way. Even his shunshin would be enough to avoid the massive unsubtle attacks from that. And since Itachi won't activate that right away Minato will likely either kill him first (in which case he doesn't get the chance) or marks him so that the Susanoo isn't a factor. Even assuming that doesn't happen, Minato can simply outlast by escaping until Itachi runs out of juice, but Itachi is smart so he'll see it isn't working and stop using it, then Minato will attack, and with all those FTG kunai he'll have scattered around, Itachi's gonna have a field day trying to keep up with them and figuring out where he'll appear. Minato likes being unpredictable, so he'll do something that would catch Itachi offguard, like teleporting directly to him or somewhere far away so he can quickly gather SM energy, or he'll just simply teleport to a kunai near him and use his superior speed to attack Itachi before he can react.
One question, would Itachi have a chance to get Minato into genjutsu?

One question, would Itachi have a chance to get Minato into genjutsu?
It's possible, but if Minato sees Itachi activating the MS, he'd probably look away before Itachi has the chance to activate Tsukuyomi (after all his reaction speed>Itachi's jutsu speed), and a regular sharingan genjutsu isn't gonna work considering Obito couldn't use genjutsu on Minato even when they were staring directly at each other. It's kinda like how Hashirama has a weird unexplained genjutsu resistance against Madara. If you assume Itachi can get him with something like ephemeral, and Minato doesn't notice he's under genjutsu, maybe that moment Itachi can capitalize on to stab him with the totsuka blade, but Minato is an unparalleled genius and talent, he should be able to sense something wrong with his chakra nigh instantly given he's a sensory shinobi, and get out of that real quick. It could work, but it's very unlikely just ephemeral+totsuka blade is enough to deal with someone of Minato's calliber. If that was really some godlike combo that could work on anyone, Itachi would beat people like Isshiki and Hashirama with no difficulty even while sick. I'm pretty sure ephemeral isn't that good and Naruto just couldn't break out because he's trash at all things genjutsu.

Minato managed to not get into genjutsu while fighting Obito, it would make sense that Minato could avoid it. Though looking at the ring could catch him off guard

Umm... Minato's Profile states that his 7-A+ in Base and Higher with Sage Mode.

This Itachi is High 7-A, and Higher with Susanoo.

Is Minato's profile up-to-date or is it still based on the previous scaling?

yeah that's an extremely vague statement. It could mean BM Naruto>Minato and Kushina. It could mean Naruto's skill at chakra transferring and/or chakra control is higher. It could mean KCM Naruto>Minato and Kushina. There's just too many ways to interpret that, so def shouldn't be used to scale Base Naruto.
Isn't that also the same statement people use to say Kushina Scales to Minato?
wait wut

I've heard people argue that Kushina is stronger than Minato because she can **** up Kurama or something like that. I think it had something to do with her never getting effected by him at any point or whatever, I honestly don't know.

I've heard people argue that Kushina is stronger than Minato because she can **** up Kurama or something like that. I think it had something to do with her never getting effected by him at any point or whatever, I honestly don't know.
Well her chains might be Low 6-B, but that doesn't make her bijuu level in general. Even Karin became high kage level with chains.

quite likely, although Kurama's statement seems to imply general superiority
Bro, literally read the sentence right after the "he surpassed you" line. Everything before and after that statement is referring to his newly mastered ability to transform and transfer Kurama's chakra, so we have absolutely no reason to assume that the statement is referring to anything else.
And seriously, why are you complicating things smh? I was trying to help you by debunking the whole base Naruto > Minato thing. Smh smh

Bro, literally read the sentence right after the "he surpassed you" line. Everything before and after that statement is referring to his newly mastered ability to transform and transfer Kurama's chakra, so we have absolutely no reason to assume that the statement is referring to anything else.
And seriously, why are you complicating things smh? I was trying to help you by debunking the whole base Naruto > Minato thing. Smh smh
It just seems weird for Kurama to say they pale in comparison to him if the only aspect Naruto was better in was that.

Sorry XD
Naruto already surpassed him earlier anyways with his First Rasenshuriken.
Um............no, not really. Actually, not at all. Kakashi only said Naruto surpassed him, and that was probably referring to just that jutsu, not as an overall fighter. Kakashi could go toe to toe with the two strongest Pains. Base Naruto couldn't do that.

Why can't he do that? During the fight he swapped hands with the Deva Path and held his own until he went Sage Mode and knocked him flat on his ass.

Nothing indicates he can't.

Minato would win. SM Minato would not be affected by Genjutsu unless its Izanami Genjutsu..
SM Kabuto couldn't be Genjutsu earlier, until EDO Itachi use Izanami to put him under Genjutsu and then use Tsukoyomi to control him.

Now the problem with Izanami is it take a preparation to use it and I Doubt that Itachi even if he is Healthy can pull of Izanami right off the start. He isn't EDO so his body would not be able to survive if he even use it 1 time. Otherwise He would have use it against Sasuke when he was still alive.

There would be also no "Healthy Itachi". As It said that people who awakened Mangekyou would be in great pain, until they manage to awaken EMS. Obito doesnt have to worry about it as Half of his body contain Hashirama Cells.

Remember Itachi died because of overused of his Mangekyou and run out of chakra. Like similar to what happened to Kakashi that time who run out of chakra. It would be blitz for Minato.

Back