• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasuke Uchiha VS Minato Namikaze

• Fight Location: Konohagakure
  • Starting Distance: 100m
  • Equalized speed
  • Both in-character
  • Taka Sasuke and Alive Minato
Sasuke: 2 (@Shadowbokunohero, @Popted2)
Minato: 7 (@GokuSparkle, @RisingIons, @MonkeyOfLife, @Sonicflare9, @Razor, @Cauann2K, @NomsNoms)
Inconclusive:

kQFpTOe.png
4th_hokage_by_minato_namikadze-d5kqgxg.png

Last edited:
Likely Sasuke. Minato's greatest strength is his speed and ability to move around an area in quick burst for great crowd control but with speed Equalized inevitably he will get hit by Ama that spawns on him and then he's pretty much done for.

Likely Sasuke. Minato's greatest strength is his speed and ability to move around an area in quick burst for great crowd control but with speed Equalized inevitably he will get hit by Ama that spawns on him and then he's pretty much done for.
And if I take the equalized speed, would it be a stomp?

And if I take the equalized speed, would it be a stomp?
Technically, Minato is only considered Sub-Rel in terms of combat and movement speed, which MS Sasuke has shown being able to react to. And Sasuke has ways to catch opponents even when he can't tag them conventionally, like with an Enton shield.

Although tbh Minato wins even with equalized speed imo. As Kidkinsey said, spread kunais will make it hard for Sasuke to tag him, and Minato is a much more clear headed and smart fighter than FKS Sasuke. He'll know Amaterasu is trouble and not let it spread too much. It's likely when he spreads the kunai, some will get close to Sasuke (and likely some behind him), and when Sasuke tries to hit him with Amaterasu, Minato will pop up right behind Sasuke and slash his throat off. Since Sasuke has no knowledge of FTG, such a surprise maneuvour will be very effective. If Sasuke pulls up the Susanoo, Minato will enter SM and body it, even if it's the Humanoid version. Even Danzo could pop that open after all.
Naruto Chapter 479 Page 8

Naruto Chapter 479 Page 9

And if it's the Armored Susanoo, Sasuke won't be able to keep that active long enough to be relevant (although I'm pretty sure Minato could pierce that anyways). Speaking of, the MS strain will be very bad news for Sasuke. If the fight drags on long enough for this to be relevant, Minato will certainly take note of the drawbacks and aim to strike in a moment after Sasuke uses an MS ability and is disoriented.

Also, even in the unlikely event that Amaterasu hits him, couldn't Minato teleport that away? Maybe I'm overestimating FTG a little but I don't really see why he couldn't. It's something he's touching after all.

Naruto Chapter 639 Page 9

Even touching it for a split second will hurt a lot, sure, but it's been shown that it takes a while for Amaterasu to start doing serious damage. Karin withstood it for like half a minute after all.

So yeah, while it's possible he can put some pressure on Minato in an equalized speed scenario, I don't really see how he can pull off a win.

Consider Bee 1/10 difficulty destroyed Sasuke in their fight. Without help, Sasuke would've died in one chapter, before Bee even goes v1. Sasuke got bodied twice in a row. Even if you consider the Raikage fight, Minato scales well above him.

As far as Amaterasu goes, Raikage proved it can be dodged, and Minato shares none of his weaknesses. Enton manipulation is a non-factor, because if Minato ends up in a compromised position he can just teleport out. Susanoo is a non-factor either, if Sasuke tries spamming arrows (especially if he's already tagged), they're getting redirected. Then his chakra will be at rock bottom and Minato decapitates.

Could Genjutsu be viable here?
Minato will break out. In fact, Ay who's shown susceptibility to Basic Genjutsu from Madara wasn't able to be put under by Sasuke, as Ay himself states
Naruto Chapter 462 Page 3

So if anything Genjutsu might not work on him. You could say it's only something Ay has, but Ay is a much more brute force guy, not someone who would train in the finer arts nearly as much as Minato. MS Genjutsu is likely to work, but I doubt Minato will look in his eyes if he uses the MS. And again, if it does work, Minato is likely to be able to use the disrupting chakra strategy to a much greater extent than Naruto to break it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back