• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minato Namikaze vs Jellal Fernandez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minato Namikaze vs Jellal Fernandes

• Speed Equalized
  • In character
  • Minato's AP: 33.1 Megatons
  • Jellal's AP: 30.91 Megatons
  • Jellal x791 is being used
  • Jellal has access to his Magic Staves

dczrof1-370a51a9-d60f-4bda-ae90-7a384864debc.png
hfV9nhTkYZl7gAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

Fourth Hokage of Konoha: @UchihaSlayer96, @TheForgottenKing, @Shadowbokunohero, @Pain_to12, @Popted2, @AnonymousBlank @GokuSparkle, @Theendzero13, @Arc7Kuroi, @StrawHatArslan
Master of Crime Sorcière:
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Doesn't Minato take this via sealing and teleportation? Being able to outmaneuver Jellal and then just sealing.

Doesn't Minato take this via sealing and teleportation? Being able to outmaneuver Jellal and then just sealing.
Well Jellal has meteor which gives him the speed advantage. Also Minato doesn't start with sealing either iirc

when did minato use sealing? i don't recall him sealing human opponents.

Jellal starts with meteor(a constant speed amp) which near blitzs most opponents accompanied with cqc or range heavenly body magic.
Fairy Tail - Caster Magic | Wiki | Anime Amino

Minato's supposedly a Sealing Jutsu extraordinaire, but the only Sealing Jutsu of his that we see on screen is the Reaper Death Seal iirc, which results in a draw situation because it results in both of their souls getting sealed away. That is to say, I wouldn't consider it a "win con". Not to mention, it's an absolute last resort anyway because he dies in the process.
He probably has other less extreme sealing Jutsu, but we simply don't know how they function.

With that out of the way, Minato does have a lot of other advantages and tricks up his sleeve. He can create shadow clones clones to aid him in battle or act as distractions. He can amplify his speed with Shuunshin, and his proficiency with this is quite high as he's supposedly every bit as good with the technique as the Fourth Raikage.
He can also amp his AP with his Rasengan.
In case he needs to locate his opponent, he can utilize his sensory power to sense their location, or alternatively he can attempt to enter Sage Mode which offers a massive reaction speed, sensory, and stats buff. (Though it is completely out of character for Alive Minato).

Now obviously his biggest advantage by far is Flying Thunder God. This allows him to instantly teleport to the location of his marked Kunai, which he expertly spreads across the battlefield as needed. He can also teleport to the location of Kunai that he threw while they're still in motion mid-air, adding a lot of versatility to the technique.
By far the most disgusting application though is his ability to mark opponents through direct contact with them. Once he touches them, even for a split second, he can place a marker on them, which allows him to freely teleport to their location as he pleases, essentially ensuring that all of his attacks from that point on would land successfully.

He can also create a spatial barrier to BFR incoming attacks to one of his marked locations, which he spreads all over.

Additionally, Minato is a bona fide genius and extremely skilled combatant. He has insanely acute analytical skills which allow him to analyze enemy abilities and discern their weaknesses nigh instantly.

I think I'll go with Minato for now.

Minato's supposedly a Sealing Jutsu extraordinaire, but the only Sealing Jutsu of his that we see on screen is the Reaper Death Seal iirc, which results in a draw situation because it results in both of their souls getting sealed away. That is to say, I wouldn't consider it a "win con". Not to mention, it's an absolute last resort anyway because he dies in the process.
He probably has other less extreme sealing Jutsu, but we simply don't know how they function.

With that out of the way, Minato does have a lot of other advantages and tricks up his sleeve. He can create shadow clones clones to aid him in battle or act as distractions. He can amplify his speed with Shuunshin, and his proficiency with this is quite high as he's supposedly every bit as good with the technique as the Fourth Raikage.
In case he needs to locate his opponent, he can utilize his sensory power to sense their location, or alternatively he can attempt to enter Sage Mode which offers a massive reaction speed, sensory, and stats buff. (Though it is completely out of character for Alive Minato).

Now obviously his biggest advantage by far is Flying Thunder God. This allows him to instantly teleport to the location of his marked Kunai, which he expertly spreads across the battlefield as needed. He can also teleport to the location of Kunai that he threw while they're still in motion mid-air, adding a lot of versatility to the technique.
By far the most disgusting application though is his ability to mark opponents through direct contact with them. Once he touches them, even for a split second, he can place a marker on them, which allows him to freely teleport to their location as he pleases, essentially ensuring that all of his attacks from that point on would land successfully.

He can also create a spatial barrier to BFR incoming attacks to one of his marked locations, which he spreads all over.

Additionally, Minato is a bona fide genius and extremely skilled combatant. He has insanely acute analytical skills which allow him to analyze enemy abilities and discern their weaknesses nigh instantly.

wow..

I was just gonna message you on your wall to give your input and here you are lol

Anyways counted

Before a FRA train starts I'll just state some points for Jellal:
  • He has an attack called Meteor where he amps his speed by insane amounts. His speed was so impressive that it shocked and amazed a Mage that specializes on speed enhancing Magic. So I wonder how his FTG would work against this, though if Minato manages to mark him by tagging him then that won't matter.
  • Jellal isn't a close range fighter. He always spams long range and Meteor to keep his distance. Then again it wouldn't really matter once Minato teleports right next to him via FTG, but with Meteor it will be VERY hard for Minato to actually catch him. And by seeing FTG in action, Jellal should EASILY be able to deduce what Minato's ability can do. And he can either A) avoid where the kunais are placed, or B) destroy them with his own abilities.
  • Jellal also has a few Darkness Magics including: Darkness Cage, which binds them in a Cage of Magic and Dark Vanish which makes the target implode from the inside.
  • He also has his Magic Staves, one ability in particular allows him to reflect Magic Spells back at the user, though I'm not quite sure if this'll even be helpful against Minato.

Sounds like wank to me.

Alrighty changed to x791.

Also is it fair to assume that Jellal might use his darkness magic if he needs to? I know he used in x784, but he still has access to the abilities, no? Or would that be too out of character for him-
He never uses it after 84, just Heavenly Body so I don’t think he would if he has the staves.

My boy, if you think this is Minato wank, just wait till @GokuSparkle gets here hehehehehe
I feel a disturbance in the force
was expecting @GokuSparkle , kinda disappointed he isn't here.

that being said, I was going to write a chunky post but Uchihaslayer covered nearly everything I wanted to say; as for Meteor, I don't think it's enough to be a decisive factor as Minato has done respectfully well against characters that are also much faster than him.
I hath arrived, will comment later tho cause I'm busy

Meteor won't really help, considering Minato's reactions are still 8th Gate Guy level in speed equalized. Unless Meteor is more than a 20x speed boost, it's not gonna tag Minato. Plus, Shunshin is also a massive speed boost. I could see Meteor and Shunshin duking it out at relative speeds all over the place like the start of the Sasuke vs Kinshiki fight.

If Jellal tries destroying the kunais, Minato will teleport to one nearby and stop him, or he can just mark areas on the ground.

Minato has shown the eight signed seal, which was able to seal away half of the NINE TAILS, letalone Jelly boy.

Also Minato's Shunshin is far better than Ay's, but I suppose that's a bit irrelevant. Everything else I agree with.

I'd also like to add that if he marks Jellal, he can use Guiding Thunder to make his own volleys of magic hit him.

Meteor won't really help, considering Minato's reactions are still 8th Gate Guy level in speed equalized. Unless Meteor is more than a 20x speed boost, it's not gonna tag Minato. Plus, Shunshin is also a massive speed boost. I could see Meteor and Shunshin duking it out at relative speeds all over the place like the start of the Sasuke vs Kinshiki fight.

If Jellal tries destroying the kunais, Minato will teleport to one nearby and stop him, or he can just mark areas on the ground.

Minato has shown the eight signed seal, which was able to seal away half of the NINE TAILS, letalone Jelly boy.

Also Minato's Shunshin is far better than Ay's, but I suppose that's a bit irrelevant. Everything else I agree with.

I'd also like to add that if he marks Jellal, he can use Guiding Thunder to make his own volleys of magic hit him.
I assume you're voting for Minato yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back