• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minamoto no Yorimitsu vs Twenty-Fifth Baam (Legendary Monsters Exterminator hunt yet another Legendary Monster) (THE REMATCH!!)

Alright, since now there's so much change that happened on Fate, most of the servants (universally) got an upgrade on their Magic Resistance including Paralysis, which mean now Raikoi can have an round 2 against Baam, so lets get started!

The Legendary Heian-Kyo Youkai/Monsters Exterminator, now in modern era stumbled upon an unknown man who is classified as Irregular and thus feared as a monster who bring the calamity, the Daughter of Indra reminded with the youkai/monsters that bring the calamities who she has been slayed in the past, with that she challenged the Irregular Monsters in a fight, to determine that he would not bring the calamity upon the land, will she win and successfully exterminating another calamity monster, or will monster prevail and killing Minamoto no Yorimitsu?

Kill or be Killed, Hero or Monster, It doesn't Matter
-
Carnage Duel
-
Let's Dance!

• Base Yorimitsu/Raikou and Post Soul Burning Baam are used
  • Thryssa transformation are restricted
  • Speed are equalized
  • Both in character
  • Ox-King Storm Call are unrestricted (only Low 6-B Strike that are restricted)
  • Place located in Kansai International Airport
  • Starting Range: 10 Meter
  • Win via anything!!!
  • The Irregular, Calamity Monster: 0
  • The Legendary Heian Greatest Monster Exterminator: 0
  • Inconclusive: 0

thumb-350-1071074.webp

VS
thumb-350-939366.webp

Last edited:
I'm currently busy with the revisions of Arifureta so I'm not gonna take much with this, the last thread had a long discussion and based on that the conclusion was that they are basically equal in skill, this time however Raikou have the 4D resistance against anything supernatural so Baam would be unable to affect her with most of his haxs, at least the paralysis which was the thing that mainly ****** Raikou in the last fight, this time Raikou also have the option of use the haxs like spiritual attacks if the fight prolong to much or Baam make her acknowlege him as a danger.
Wait where are the resistances on her page?
Also, what type of paralysis? Because Baam uses molecular immobilization rather than paralysis, it is very different
Servant Physiology, basically now she have a 4D resistance against supernatural haxs, in which there is included matter manip.

Honestly this seems like a stomp now, as Baam has practically nothing to do but abuse his far superior LS because of the 4D Resistance, plus this match is going to have to be eventually removed or it's going to be invalid anyway if added, as I am planning a CRT that will make Red Thryssa Transformations Baam become "High 6-C, likely Low 6-B", and his Base form will scale to 10.5 Gigatons, with 1st Thorn he will scale to 36.1 Gigatons, and with 2nd he's stronger (The only problem we have is that no one wants to waste time on looking at calcs of an unfamous verse and accept it)

As for Red Thryssa transformation upgrade, well Raikou can buff her AP to High 6-C as well albeit being a glass cannon
Gonna wait on what Arceus think about it

Honestly this seems like a stomp now, as Baam has practically nothing to do but abuse his far superior LS because of the 4D Resistance, plus this match is going to have to be eventually removed or it's going to be invalid anyway if added, as I am planning a CRT that will make Red Thryssa Transformations Baam become "High 6-C, likely Low 6-B", and his Base form will scale to 10.5 Gigatons, with 1st Thorn he will scale to 36.1 Gigatons, and with 2nd he's stronger (The only problem we have is that no one wants to waste time on looking at calcs of an unfamous verse and accept it)
I mean, AP wise Raikou already scale above 26.6 Gigatons in base and with the passive buff of mystery slayer + mana burst she is near the High 6-C territory, directly entering in it with the clones, so Raikou would have the AP advantage.

Yeah i feel like this is a stomp now. Fate has a load of bs smurf stuff so i ain't surprised really, it was gonna happen eventually.
Baam has really no option here now

Okay, I'll try to argue then, but I'll ask you a few things first. Why are the 1st and 2nd Thorns restricted? They don't give a drastic jump tier anymore (Baam's profile has received a considerably update) and that would only be restricting other Baam ways of enhancing his speed and power while Raikou is allowed to use multiple boosts of power that put her near the High 6-C tier, which seems very unfair to me, and second, are we using Pre-Souls Burning Baam or Post-Souls Burning Baam? There is a considerable difference in power between his two versions

Okay, I'll try to argue then, but I'll ask you a few things first. Why are the 1st and 2nd Thorns restricted?
Thats because it would jump him to new tiers from what i remember, i can unrestrict it now
And second, are we using Pre-Souls Burning Baam or Post-Souls Burning Baam? There is a considerable difference in power between his two versions
Whats the difference?

Yes, it would be good to let the Thorns unrestricted, as now they don't give a jump tier anymore, just a considerably boost of power and speed

The difference is that Post-Souls Burning Red Thryssa Transformations Baam is far stronger than his Pre-Souls Burning self, who currently scales to 15.8 Gigatons and now can create a bow and arrows out of shinsoo without his Power of Souls Form

Baam has a LS and Range advantage, while Raikou has superior in terms of AP and CQC. while all of Baam's Hax will be negated by Raikou's Magic Resistance, but Raikou almost never used Hax when fighting. it will be an interesting match.

Sorry for the delay, but I will respond.

Considering many factors, my vote goes to Baam, as despite the AP difference, he should be able to close the gap via the Reactive Power Level, as Baam demonstrated a quick RPL, as he had moments where he went from completely overpowered or blitzed by an opponent to stomp/defeat or outsped the same opponent in a matter of minutes, and also as incredible as the Servants' long list of Resistances may seem, the Vibration Manipulation is not included, which happens to be one of the powers that Baam most during Season 3, Baam can use his far better mobility and dodge all of Raikou's attacks without getting hit once, which seems like a bold statement, but isn't, as Baam before his two years intensive training and other two important revolutions who had a worse mobility was able to dodge dozens of invisible weapons at the same time without getting hit once while suffering from a non-stop bleeding, and that was before he grew even stronger to the point where he can eventually see these invisible weapons and find it easier to dodge.

Which would allow him to get close to Raikou, use his superior LS to let her unable to escape from his grip and thus be able to immobilize Raikou without his Fast Skip, and then land a very powerful Piercing Technique to destroy her insides, and I know that Servants had Low-Mid regeneration, but it is over time and doesn't seem applicable in combat, thus allowing Baam to win.

Characters the level of Raikou are able to fight against people who see several seconds in the future (both because precognition and analytical prediction), thanks to one of the skilled fightes that she scale above (Red Hare) the chaldeans were able to defeat a machine soldier with the calculation ability to win wars and even see a parallel world with the tiny bits of informations from a conversation, she also fought and stomped someone like Suzuka who have a high calculation power do to one of her NP Blessing of Wisdom, she stomped her to the point that Suzuka was only able to scratch the cheek of Raikou after a long fight and after that Raikou decided to use her NP Ox-King, Suzuka was only able to win in the end to be forced by her master to use her third NP which give a lot of haxs like the ability to see infinite parallel world, a calculation power comparable to the Moon Cell and divine authority in general. So while Baam is indeed skilled he isn't gonna dodge all or even most of her attacks.

And while it's true that a piercing technique it's dangerous if she feel danger do to be immobilized by the difference in LS or the danger in general of a piercing technique she can use her Mana Burst to get away from him or use her NP to summon her clonnes and attack Baam and launch the lightning part of the NP.

Again I think this is a case of Fate having too much Smurf Resistances for anyone 3-D to actually do anything Haxwise and also would Mystery Killer kick in here or not????
Baam can use his far better mobility and dodge all of Raikou's attacks without getting hit once, which seems like a bold statement, but isn't, as Baam before his two years intensive training and other two important revolutions who had a worse mobility was able to dodge dozens of invisible weapons at the same time without getting hit once while suffering from a non-stop bleeding, and that was before he grew even stronger to the point where he can eventually see these invisible weapons and find it easier to dodge
I think I may disagree with this take because Raikou is at the level of Swordsmanship where she can clash with individuals that can view an Infinite Number of possible parallel worlds and block Musashis Heavenly Eyes and they literally allow her to "Cut Fate" or in other words, limit possibilities into a single outcome she desires so when it comes to her Sword Skills she isn't a slouch by any means I don't think hes gonna be able to dodge all of her attacks and assuming she doesn't use the Attack your Soul GG attack that all Servants have this is how I think it would play out

It starts out with Raikou having an overwhelming advantage because of the immense skill gap Baam's RPL kicks in and closes the gap and senses that she's in serious danger and at that point I could see Raikou popping her Mana burst and (Assuming Mystery Killer applies here) that would also Amp her AP and then Using her NP which I think would end the fight but I don't know who has the AP advantage so that may not be the case

Again I think this is a case of Fate having too much Smurf Resistances for anyone 3-D to actually do anything Haxwise and also would Mystery Killer kick in here or not????
At least for Baam he still had that massive stats amp and higher LS

As for MK will be useful or not, considering that Baam is pretty much an Irregular (and by that mean it fall to an supernatural race), i think it would work

Mistery Killer would active, be it because he fall under the Sky (divine natured things) attribute (which I honestly feel like he would fall) or because of fall under the Earth (fantastical/supernatural things) attribute, the only way it wouldn't activate is if he fall under the Man attribute which are the normal humans, humans born without any type of special trait.

AT LAST, I GOT A HAND ON A PC!!

Eh... If Bam can use Red Tryssa which he does in character against sword users, he is physically small country(1 Teraton) AP wise with Red tryssa... a x4.6 AP advantage?
Durability: Island level, higher against mystical beings with Mystery Killer, higher with Mana Burst, Large Island level with the clones of Ox-King Storm Call - The Inescapable Net of Heaven
I'm assuming that's her durability, and not the Island level coz if it is... RIP
(26.6 Gigatons)
Which is a x37 AP GAP

So only Minamoto strongest attack which is a bow and requires distance is actually lethal (3 teratons)... and it is not even close to oneshot either, Bam RPL literally covered a x16 gap in 10 minutes(this is after that RPL btw), so uhh yeah. He also has the speed advantage and the RPL also increase his speed

Superior range too:
Bam:
Extended melee range. Tens of Meters with Transformations. At least Kilometers with shinsoo techniques
Minamoto No Raikou:
Extended melee range with her sword, several hundreds of meters with her bow and Mana Burst

Last edited:
AT LAST, I GOT A HAND ON A PC!!

Eh... If Bam can use Red Tryssa which he does in character against sword users, he is physically small country(1 Teraton) AP wise with Red tryssa... a x4.6 AP advantage?

I'm assuming that's her durability, and not the Island level coz if it is... RIP

Which is a x37 AP GAP

So only Minamoto strongest attack which is a bow and requires distance is actually lethal (3 teratons)... and it is not even close to oneshot either, Bam RPL literally covered a x16 gap in 10 minutes(this is after that RPL btw), so uhh yeah. He also has the speed advantage and the RPL also increase his speed

Superior range too:
Bam:

Minamoto No Raikou:
Actually, the strongest attack of Raikou it's a big lightning which should have kilometers of range scaling to the NP of Artoria since in the NP of Raikou have a higher range stat, the reason of why still have that range it's just because everyone forget of making the crt. The range of the Mana Burst and bow is probably correct though.

And if she use the lightning blow of her NP it's one-shot, not because of the AP part but because the attack have all the haxs of Raikou. It's because of that that I think the Low 6-B things of both should be restricted.

About the speed part, her it's also passively buffed do to Mistery Killer and Mana Burst also buff it, so she isn't at disvantage, on top that even if she was it would affect much because she is accustomed to face enemies significantly faster than herself, like Kotaro or Ushiwakamaru which have Rank A+ Agility while Raikou have Rank D.

The RPL point is fair point, though it would still take time to catch her and if Raikou feel danger before he reach her level do to him getting stronger she can decide to use spiritual attacks, the last time she fought against someone that become better at time passed she got serious and did her strongest thing, which in this case (if the Low 6-B things are restricted) would be her spiritual attacks.

Back