• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Misaka wins via the OP hax power of flight (and stat advantage)

John can still amp his attack and speed with phase shift to dodge Mikasa's attack and he still has the homing lasers to which he can make 10 of the them at the same time. He has a guaranteed pressure point attack/vital due to hunter.

How often does Mikasa use her shield?

i think people really underestimate flight

i mean some ******* gooses beat the Australian army, u know guns and all + machine guns

If it only allows them to fly in a straight line, then he will be a really easy target in the air.

She can and will shield whenever necessary and can probably bend lasers away from herself.

Misaka can rapid fire stuff on his durability level, and attack with things that one shot him from all directions at once.

Honestly, seems pretty onesided to me.

He can use the lasors as a jet booster and he can manually control himself in the air

John is a superior user than Blyke (the red dude) in lasor since John's power is copying abilities. His copy abilities are always better/ample than the ones he copied due to aura shenanigans.

John can use lightning to attack (which I think will not work due to Mikoto resisting) but he can use them as a booster for his punch like comboing it with Hunter (stat amp and lock on mode) and laser (as a booster) and Phase Shift attack mode (stats boost and speed amp).

He can probably copy Misaka's railgun but he has a limit to how many abilities he can copy so he has to discard some of his stuffs

Misaka's body durability is still street level so he needs only a shot to which John can manage due to aura senses, hunter and trained in H2H (also has experience fighting mid-tiers who have powers while John isn't using any abilities). Her shield may be a problem tho

Looks decisive to me tho but you can vote Misaka if you think she wins

Anti Art Attachment, basically extra weapon that can be controlled by misaka via her mind. It include tactical drill, missiles, chainsaw, etc. It also has anti magic properties.

I think there is nothing that John can do that Mikoto hasn't seen before, she can avoid all his attacks (with or without the AAA) and while she doesn't kill IC, she can incap him or just beat him to death. Btw, if speed was unequal, i would say Mikoto stomp.

I think there are certainly arguments that can be made for John. IN particular since she only seems to oneshot with railgun. (And Iron sand if she has access to it). And Railgun only moves in a straight line if I recall correctly.

However, AAA seems to make it so that John has no chance at winning. Without it, I'd say he certainly has a solid chance. But with it, I can't see a plausible win condition for him.

The point isn't her AP, but the fact that EM Radar and the AAA will make Mikoto hard to land a good hit, and since John is only 9A, she can use the iron sand (which has tier 8 dura) to incap in a similar way to Gaara.

I think there's a typo somewhere in there.

But that's precisely why I think AAA should be restricted. It only serves to prevent John from having any win condition at all.

Without it, he can at least do something. Especially since he can copy her powers and make them stronger. AAA doesn't seem like something that can be copied. And seems to just make the battle overly difficult for John.

Though, if we're doing 9-A, I may have a good matchup for Mikoto.

I still think Mikoto will have the upper hand, because speed equal she has all the time of the world to sense the attack and think the best way of avoiding it and then attacking/incaping.

I agree.

After looking over Mikoto's abilities, it seems like she has the upper hand in terms of versatility, intelligence, and range. Her range is crucial here.

John is very adept at CQC. In the beginning of the series, he was consistently shown capable of battling powered foes with nothing more than martial ability and wit. Mikoto typically relies on her powers to attack from a distance, and as such would be embarrassed in CQC if John were allowed to get close.

Misaka being in one shot territory actually makes Hunter pointless, as she's one shot by anything regardless. And while John does improve upon the abilities he receives, it's NLF to assume that he could use the abilities to the extent that Misaka uses hers. John typically comes up with only one to two new applications of the ability Such as using Arlo's barrier to surround opponents to prevent them from attacking, or using Blyke's lasers as a form of danmaku by firing them from his fingers. Whereas Misaka has dozens of applications for her one ability to generate electricity.

It seems likely that Misaka will play the range game since John likes to get in close. Phase shift makes it so he'll gain a speed advantage each time he uses it, and Blyke's lasers give him more maneuverability. Additionally, he can actually cancel out her electric attacks with his own, such as what he did to Remi. Which will make it all the more difficult for Misaka to keep him out.

However, the main advantages that Misaka has in her favor are her superior range and intellect. As well as the fact that she has multiple attacks that can one shot him. Between her railgun, iron sand, and lightning strikes. Generally speaking, John's attacks don't tend to surpass more than perhaps two dozen or so meters. Whereas Iron Sand, lightning strikes, and railgun all have better range than that. Additionally, Misaka can slow him down with her iron sand, mitigating the speed advantage entirely. Lastly, her higher intelligence means she'll be coming up with more effective strategies to use against John than John will use against her.

I think the battle is rather close, since John has multiple tools to get in close in the form of phase shift, cancelling out her electric attacks, and energy beam. But Misaka's options are a bit more effective since she can block him with large walls of iron sand that are impossible for John to break through, take away his speed advantage, and one shot him with multiple techniques that have better range than any of his, barring energy beam. Once she gets out of the early phase of the fight, where John will likely attempt to close the distance with a burst of speed, she should be able to handle it from there with her superior intelligence. It won't be easy since John can cancel out her electric attacks, but since she has options besides just pure electricity, in particular her iron sand, she should be plenty able to hold out against John's onslaught enough to get one of her one shot worthy attacks in.

John baits Misaka into using her powers, then copies. He now has an AMPED electromaster ability, and can now do crap like homing iron sand tentacles.

John's magnetism will likely overpower Misaka due to the nature of his ability, and can bypass her EM sensory, as a Sister snuck up on Misaka in GT1 by emitting a counter-frequency. A Sister has 0.01% of Misaka's power. John's copied Electromaster will be stronger than Misaka's.

How will John make misaka's abilities stronger if they outclass him in tier? In the series he is stronger because he is level 10 and is fighting level 4-6 people. And mikoto's power requires really complex calculations so even if they are stronger than hers the most he would get is a headache trying to understand it.

Even if Johm able copies Misaka power, he cant reach Misaka scale. Also, Misaka already immune with electicity which makes John attack useless.

John isn't level ten. His last measured level was 7.0. And when he uses the powers of others, he tends to use them better than the intended user on top of making them stronger.

But Mikoto's intelligence, versatility, and resistance to electricity makes those points moot.

Didn't Isen saw a 10 when looking on his old school records? But thats not the point, it's no surprise that he uses them better than the original user since he is above their level. And as i said he will not be able to use mikoto's power if he copies it.

Back