• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MHS+ Seems Too Much: Marvel Comics

The justifications wouldn't change at all, at least for 90% of them. Characters with MHS+ stuff, I'm working on them.

Anyway, here are the main pages that may need to be updated, although I think that somebody will need to check through our entire Marvel Comics category in order to make certain:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Antvasima/DPL#Marvel_Tier_9

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Antvasima/DPL#Marvel_Tier_8

@Shadowbokunohero @Crazylatin77 @Zaratthustra @Just_a_Random_Butler @ElixirBlue @Tllmbrg @Nehz_XZX @Dereck03 @Starter_Pack @Elizhaa @Colonel_Krukov @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000

Would any of you be willing to help out with applying this project after we decide what exactly that needs to be done here?

Okay. We will have to wait with applying this then though.

Anyway, here are the main pages that may need to be updated, although I think that somebody will need to check through our entire Marvel Comics category in order to make certain:

@Shadowbokunohero @Crazylatin77 @Zaratthustra @Just_a_Random_Butler @ElixirBlue @Tllmbrg @Nehz_XZX @Dereck03 @Starter_Pack @Elizhaa @Colonel_Krukov @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000

Would any of you be willing to help out with applying this project after we decide what exactly that needs to be done here?
Given my lack of knowledge about this, I want to make sure I don't cause any mistakes. I will proceed as long as the instructions are unambiguous and leave no room for confusion. I am ready to assist once a decision has been made.

Spider-Man can't be thousands of times faster than other street tiers, clearly he's faster but it doesn't make sense to say it's by that much. I think Hypersonic is fine. Electro is ultimately just one character.

Spider-Man can't be thousands of times faster than other street tiers, clearly he's faster but it doesn't make sense to say it's by that much. I think Hypersonic is fine. Electro is ultimately just one character.
Well, Electro has been fought a massive lot by Spider-Man, and Thor is not portrayed to be trillions of times swifter than Spider-Man either. This is just the extremely inconsistent way that western shared superhero settings work.

Given my lack of knowledge about this, I want to make sure I don't cause any mistakes. I will proceed as long as the instructions are unambiguous and leave no room for confusion. I am ready to assist once a decision has been made.
Thank you extremely much for helping out. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

I hope that we will be able to work out some crystal clear, unambiguous, easy to understand instructions for you relatively soon.

Depends on the time. I'm not online as much as I'd like to be, luckily I'm not as sick as I was throughout January so I might be able to help when I'm online so long as things are simple.

Thor is not portrayed to be trillions of times swifter than Spider-Man either.
Unless you want Spider-Man to be rated as MFTL+ (or want Thor downgraded in speed, which I would actually be willing to hear you out on) I don't see how this is relevant.
This is just the extremely inconsistent way that western shared superhero settings work.
Yep, so we should prioritize greater verse scaling over one guy who supposedly attacks real fast.

Unless you want Spider-Man to be rated as MFTL+ (or want Thor downgraded in speed, which I would actually be willing to hear you out on) I don't see how this is relevant.
The relevance is that despite that Spider-Man has much higher combat speed feats than Daredevil and Captain America, he is not portrayed as overwhelmingly swifter during confrontations.
Yep, so we should prioritize greater verse scaling over one guy who supposedly attacks real fast.
Well, Spider-Man has avoided multiple lasers from the mercenary Chance as well, for example, and I remember instances when Captain America has avoided lasers as well, although that may be outliers for Cap.

Last edited:
The relevance is that despite that Spider-Man has much higher combat speed feats than Daredevil and Captain America, he is not portrayed as overwhelmingly swifter during confrontations.
I disagree that it's PIS then, they (and their rogues) are clearly relative if not equal in speed.
Well, Spider-Man has avoided multiple lasers from the mercenary Chance as well, for example, and I remember instances when Captain America has avoided lasers as well, although that may be outliers for Cap.
And for Spider-Man as well, there's plenty of situations in which he's struggled with bullets, probably more than any other street level hero given his popularity.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't disagree that Spider-Man is faster than most if not all of them, but I do disagree that he is hundreds of times faster than them, considering that Daredevil and many others can keep up with him, despite his speed.

If Spider-Man isn't represented as faster than Daredevil or Captain America whenever they fight, then he simply shouldnt get a different treatment by us compared to the comic. Same works for Thor but that's a different debate.

Anyway, I don't agree with scaling Spider-Man based on Electro, it's a one character attacking fast compared to a verse when they mostly deal with bullets.

Spider-Man is faster and his scaling will show this, but the rating is defined by what we get during calcs.

Well, I agree with you (Armorchompy) about that we should try to scale from the most consistently displayed power levels for Marvel Comics and DC Comics characters, not outliers upwards or downwards.

I don't disagree that Spider-Man is faster than most if not all of them, but I do disagree that he is hundreds of times faster than them, considering that Daredevil and many others can keep up with him, despite his speed.

If Spider-Man isn't represented as faster than Daredevil or Captain America whenever they fight, then he simply shouldnt get a different treatment by us compared to the comic. Same works for Thor but that's a different debate.

Anyway, I don't agree with scaling Spider-Man based on Electro, it's a one character attacking fast compared to a verse when they mostly deal with bullets.

Spider-Man is faster and his scaling will show this, but the rating is defined by what we get during calcs.
Okay. I suppose that makes sense, but after this revision has been finished, I would greatly appreciate if you, Armorchompy, and others would be willing to help Eficiente to apply similar standards based on the greatest consistency to the verse as a whole, including all of the current tier 2 regular superheroes.

Thank you. Your help is greatly appreciated. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Please feel free to ask Eficiente regarding what he needs help with in this regard.

Okay. I suppose that makes sense, but after this revision has been finished, I would greatly appreciate if you, Armorchompy, and others would be willing to help Eficiente to apply similar standards based on the greatest consistency to the verse as a whole, including all of the current tier 2 regular superheroes.
I can help, but not with Tier 2 and above. It's really not my area. Though as we know, Marvel isn't just about Tier 2 and above, we have basically every Tier to work with. I can help with everything that I said above, yeah.

Okay. All that is needed is to investigate consistency though, rather than outliers upwards and downwards, so as long as you have a balanced and investigative attitude I think that you can handle helping out with the task if you wish.

Perhaps, I don't have infinite time but I don't mind checking a bit.
Thank you. Your help is greatly appreciated. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Please feel free to ask Eficiente regarding what he needs help with in this regard.
eh, if he needs me he can reach out
@Eficiente

Spider-Man is definitely a good deal stronger and faster than everyone else. With the degree he holds back, how he casually blitzed Daredevil, etc. Also, I wanna bring up Daredevil's FTL perception feat. It's clearly not just perception, considering he could throw his baton in that timeframe. So it's really either FTL Daredevil overall or we remove this stat

Reaction time feats mean little without distance to go with it. And taking a microsecond to react is MHS+ preception. Nanosecond is closer to FTL territory, but either way it does sound suspicious.
No, with the way the feat was done, it's blatant as hell. This guy put on some super high pitched sound that was ******* Daredevil up. Then Daredevil noticed that there was a nanosecond pause between where the sound stops and loops itself, so he calculated that moment, and in that nanosecond, he threw his baton at the device that was making the sound. So this is 100% an FTL feat though you're probably putting it as an outlier.

The feat is indeed FTL, and it was probably intended to be FTL, a nanosecond is a lot less likely to be misused compared to microsecond (Which is commonly confused with a millisecond, something far more realistic).

The issue is, even if it's FTL, and even if it was likely intended to be FTL, having one FTL feat but like 800 anti-feats involving things within the mach ranges is kinda the case definition of an outlier.

The feat is indeed FTL, and it was probably intended to be FTL, a nanosecond is a lot less likely to be misused compared to microsecond (Which is commonly confused with a millisecond, something far more realistic).

The issue is, even if it's FTL, and even if it was likely intended to be FTL, having one FTL feat but like 800 anti-feats involving things within the mach ranges is kinda the case definition of an outlier.
Basically like a CCP scenario.

No, with the way the feat was done, it's blatant as hell. This guy put on some super high pitched sound that was ******* Daredevil up. Then Daredevil noticed that there was a nanosecond pause between where the sound stops and loops itself, so he calculated that moment, and in that nanosecond, he threw his baton at the device that was making the sound. So this is 100% an FTL feat though you're probably putting it as an outlier.
More importantly, may I see the specific image where it happened? Was the laser fired before Daredevil moved?

There is no laser, Daredevil was being affected by a sound, and there is a nanosecond pause between the restart of said sound. He calculated when he could act to hit the box (where the sound was coming from) during the nanosecond pause.

Though I don't believe he act DURING the pause, I'd rather believe he acted before the nanosecond pause and hit the box by antecipating it. Feat is from Daredevil Vol 2 Issue 3, Vol 2 is the 1998 Volume.

i mean, i just read though the G1 death battle fan blogs and there were quite a few nanosecond statements and laser dodges mentioned but as far as i know there could be something wrong with all of them, i was just skimming (even if that sounds statistically improbable)

I finished what I wanted to do, so for now, here are the changes:

Change every single Massively Hypersonic+ rating from Marvel profiles and change them to Hypersonic.

For Spider-Man, Daredevil and Moon Knight, you can change their Speed rating with this. Note: Don't use Captain America and Shang-Chi.

To make it easier, here are the Marvel characters. Tier 8 and 9 Marvel characters. Some characters from higher Tiers also have the speed, but I don't know who they are besides The Thing.

Back