• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MHS+ Seems Too Much: Marvel Comics

Try to calc the movement of the chain first, as a lowball do the movement needed to intercept 4 bullets in one spin

image.png

Thunderball Arm: 255.6 px | 0.9 m

Swing Radius: 374 px | 1.3169014084507 m

Swing Diameter: 2.63380282 m

Rotation Distance: 2.63380282 * 365 * pi/180 = 16.7785138 m

I'd have just got the distance between the bullets hitting the chain (so only a fraction of a rotation).
All 4 bullets seem to be deflected within a 110 degree rotation, give or take.

Issue would be figuring out the distance between the bullets themselves and thus how much time he had to move the chain from one bullet before the next one hit.

I'd have just got the distance between the bullets hitting the chain (so only a fraction of a rotation).
All 4 bullets seem to be deflected within a 110 degree rotation, give or take.

Issue would be figuring out the distance between the bullets themselves and thus how much time he had to move the chain from one bullet before the next one hit.
Chariot just suggested one tho

What I did was find the thickness of the chain and the length of the bullet, add them together, then using the muzzle velocity of the guns the police officers were using, get a timeframe.

........ I also don't understand how different keys is necessary for something he barely used in comics? Barely has any feats, it should be one big explanation for his speed, base speed, wich is scaling to the other keys, except the MFTL+ one (is this key REALLY necessary??)

I was taking a look at Spider-Man's profile and noticed the Relativistic calculation. It sucks dick, like, it's bad, really bad. We need to recalc it, find a new feat or remove it completely.

It really bothers me that the profile of one of the most popular fictional characters of all time is SO BAD. Broken links, awful renders, it really hurts. I'll see if I can find a feat for the web swing rating, because the link is broken.
That would be great. Thank you. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

........ I also don't understand how different keys is necessary for something he barely used in comics? Barely has any feats, it should be one big explanation for his speed, base speed, wich is scaling to the other keys, except the MFTL+ one (is this key REALLY necessary??)
I didn't want to barge in and I don't intend to add insult to injury or derailment if I come off that way. But that's just a common issue with Marvel/DC scaling or a lot of characters/verses inconsistent for the sake of being inconsistent. Street brawlers speed blitz entire armies containing assault rifles one day but get speed blitzed by a surprise handgun the next. And they sometimes struggle to keep peakhuman tiers and cosmic god tiers separate in scaling chains. Which makes it hard to properly midball them.

But we should stay on topic and I do agree that keys for specific power ups that only every appeared in a single comic might be inconsistent to keep for much of the same reasons characters who only appear in a single comic shouldn't have pages.

I didn't want to barge in and I don't intend to add insult to injury or derailment if I come off that way. But that's just a common issue with Marvel/DC scaling or a lot of characters/verses inconsistent for the sake of being inconsistent. Street brawlers speed blitz entire armies containing assault rifles one day but get speed blitzed by a surprise handgun the next. And they sometimes struggle to keep peakhuman tiers and cosmic god tiers separate in scaling chains. Which makes it hard to properly midball them.
That is correct, yes.

My point is not about inconsistency, it's about how Spider-Man's profile is flooded with unnecessary information, keys and lots of broken links. Like, come on, it's Spider-Man we're talking about. His profile should be one of the best here.

If we're staying on topic, most of his links are broken. Spider-Man's speed is always highlighted by the narrative, characters and himself. He is arguably the fastest street hero in Marvel. His speed section should reflect this.

But I'm already working on it, writing his justification and showing how fast he is compared to the others street level.

Thank you. It would be very appreciated if you update his page with references and functioning images, yes.

I'm currently writing the Speed section of Marvel Street Heroes. @Antvasima could you please make it easier for me to know who are the street level of Marvel? I don't know if they have a category for that. Even some stronger characters have their MHS+ rating from the street level, so we need to check them.

@Eficiente I think you'll take care of the Wrecking Crew, so I'll not bother with them right now. If you know any other character, please write their speed section.

I'm currently writing the Speed section of Marvel Street Heroes. @Antvasima could you please make it easier for me to know who are the street level of Marvel? I don't know if they have a category for that. Even some stronger characters have their MHS+ rating from the street level, so we need to check them.

@Eficiente I think you'll take care of the Wrecking Crew, so I'll not bother with them right now. If you know any other character, please write their speed section.

On this, I've got a decent handful of Moon Knight calcs picked out so hopefully they yield something good

I recall Qawsed mentioning that modern Electro has some consistent real lightning statements that Spider-Man deals with regularly.
Basically in Amazing Spider-Man #613 Electro got put into a machine that gave him a permanent in-universe amp (making him more like Ultimate/TASM Electro). That Electro has a bunch of direct lightning feats like turning into Lightning or Thor stating that he's now "made" of lightning.

Though this version of Electro still tags Spider-Man pretty consistently and you can debatably say only his energy form is MHS+ I guess.

Regardless of that, Spider-Man still has enough feats and statements to be faster than most, if not all street heroes in Marvel (with the exception of other Spider-People with the same powers), so he will be faster than them I just need to calculate some of it

I don't blame them, Marvel is awful with their cosmic characters' speed. This extends to the MCU as well.
That is correct, yes. They are slowed down tremendously when interacting with far less powerful characters in order to make the stories work more easily.

Back