• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MHA AP and Durability Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that much faster, Bakugo couldn't dodge it but he could block it. It's not a massive difference, just a dramatic statement in the heat of the moment. If it was Way faster he wouldn't be able to block it.
Not necessarily disagreeing but he did attribute his ability to react to Deku telegraphing his kicks.

It's not that much faster, Bakugo couldn't dodge it but he could block it. It's not a massive difference, just a dramatic statement in the heat of the moment. If it was Way faster he wouldn't be able to block it.

Bakugo also took a kick from 8% and a punch from 5%, so the difference between them isn't actually that big. So we do actually have a reference, 5% and 8% aren't that different in terms of power and Bakugo taking hits from both proves it.
That's a good point, but Deku's statement is still vague, and is contradicted by other things.

Base Deku was getting his ass handed to him by his smaller explosions. Unless you wanna argue his smaller explosions are High 8-C now (Which would mean basically everyone scales to 5% quite easily) we can't really downscale from this.

Bakugo couldn't hurt Kirishima with his explosions until his hardening started to wear off, the temperature had nothing to do with that. Kirishima just couldn't keep himself that durable for long. Him making his skin harder wouldn't change his resistant to heat, since it's apparent dura negation.
Yeah but every time Kirishima got hit he was smoking and his clothes were burning.

Bakugo couldn't hurt Kirishima with his explosions until his hardening started to wear off, the temperature had nothing to do with that. Kirishima just couldn't keep himself that durable for long. Him making his skin harder wouldn't change his resistant to heat, since it's apparent dura negation.
He could only hurt Kirishima because of the heat of his attacks. You can clearly see smoke coming off of him.

He couldn't hurt him before that though, his explosions didn't injure him in the slightest until his hardening started wearing off.

What's your point here.
The point is, his smaller explosions only affect people because of how hot they are. They shouldn't be High 8-C.

All I'm getting from this discussion is that Uraraka is not only resistant to the temperature of the Sun's surface, but she is also more durable than Base Deku, Hardened Kirishima, Dark Shadow, Todoroki's ice, and even Deku's 5%.

And that this somehow discredits 8-C+ Deku.

Kirishima was practically getting fried. There's stuff in canon confirming that Bakugo's bigger blasts>smaller explosions as well.

And once again your not making sense, what does that have to do with my original statement that Bakugo couldn't originally hurt Kirishima, he had to wait until his Quirk started to weaken. I never brought up the size of his explosions. I don't understand what's happening in this thread right now.

I don't understand this discussion too, Damage is using a Wall level sized explosion to discredit 8-C+ Deku, even though those same Wall level sized explosions can hurt High 8-C characters as well.

If we want to continue with this discussion, then stop using Bakugo's explosions as an argument because they are not consistent in the slightest.

I don't understand this discussion too, Damage is using a Wall level sized explosion to discredit 8-C+ Deku, even though those same Wall level sized explosions can hurt High 8-C characters as well.

If we want to continue with this discussion, then stop using Bakugo's explosions as an argument because they are not consistent in the slightest.
The only reason they hurt 8-C level characters is because of the heat mainly. But I'm fine with moving on from this.

The only reason they hurt 8-C level characters is because of the heat mainly.
Also wait Kirishima is Tier 8 via scaling to Bakugo, doesn't that mean he's downgraded to 9-A+ as well?

Also are we saying Bakugo was going all out against Uraraka?

Back on track.

I don't believe this calc should scale to the 1 Pointers, since this sheet of metal came from a Zero Pointer. Also I think the calc is slightly inflated, the explosion's radius doesn't appear to extend that far. Since we can see the explosion above Todoroki's head and it doesn't go that far, and there's a small gap next to his head and the blast doesn't appear to reach all the way to the end of the screen.

Back on track.

I don't believe this calc should scale to the 1 Pointers, since this sheet of metal came from a Zero Pointer. Also I think the calc is slightly inflated, the explosion's radius doesn't appear to extend that far. Since we can see the explosion above Todoroki's head and it doesn't go that far, and there's a small gap next to his head and the blast doesn't appear to reach all the way to the end of the screen.
I agree.

I can edit the calc to take into that into account, I just thought it would be weird if the explosion suddenly ended where Todoroki is placed.

Shouldn't all the Villain Bots be made of the same material?

I can edit the calc to take into that into account, I just thought it would be weird if the explosion suddenly ended where Todoroki is placed.

Shouldn't all the Villain Bots be made of the same material?
No I think Rusty has a point. The zero point bot has shown High 8C+ levels of power iirc and the one point bot's best showing is casual wall level iirc. We also know they have varying durability based on how Kirishima dealt with them (he one shots the one pointers but it seems to take him at least two to deal with the 3 pointer)

This might not be the thread for it, but I think part of the issue from this is is how we scale Bakugo's durability fully from his most powerful explosions, so that anyone who causes even a bit of damage to Bakugo has striking strength equal to his most powerful explosions. I am almost positive that without that bit of scaling chain, the striking strength for a lot of characters would be a lot lower.

Also, and I may be misinterpreting this, but this calc is getting the width of the explosion to be 70 meters across, yeah? The same explosion that appears to be as wide as the street is.

Is the width of the street really 70 meters across? That seems rather high.

This might not be the thread for it, but I think part of the issue from this is is how we scale Bakugo's durability fully from his most powerful explosions, so that anyone who causes even a bit of damage to Bakugo has striking strength equal to his most powerful explosions. I am almost positive that without that bit of scaling chain, the striking strength for a lot of characters would be a lot lower.
It is kind of weird that we scale characters to his full power blasts but 5% Deku has a High 8C durability calc and from my understanding he is taking the full power of his blasts on himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back