• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MHA AP and Durability Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we should, we can finish the discussion of his base form later.

The problem here is that even if they're made of the same material, which is unproven. The metal on the Zero Pointer is likely far thicker than what's on the One Pointer. I think scaling the One Pointer to the Zero Pointer in anyway isn't something we should do. It could be a different material or more reinforced, it's meant to be stronger.

But that can wait until after this. Who are all of the people that would be upgraded along with 5% Izuku?

Who are all of the people that would be upgraded along with 5% Izuku?

Deku performed this feat in the movie, which takes place before the Forest Training Camp Arc, so the characters that scale are at the very least Bakugo (At the start of the RoS Saga), Tiger, Muscular, and Magne.

Then there's the characters before this movie, who survived 5% attacks like Todoroki, Stain and Bakugo once again. Iida's Recipro Burst scales from Stain, and from Bakugo Kirishima can scale, alongside Sato and Tetsutetsu.

I'm mean the scaling is pretty straight forward so that should be fine to apply, right?

Shouldn’t Bakugou’s SS and dura be upgraded to Large Building level since that’s how strong 5% Midoriya is now? Same with Todoroki’s dura, Stain and Iida’s dura and AP with Recipro-Burst

Shouldn’t Bakugou’s SS and dura be upgraded to Large Building level since that’s how strong 5% Midoriya is now? Same with Todoroki’s dura, Stain and Iida’s dura and AP with Recipro-Burst
I think that’s going to be added to all those profiles as quite the handful scale to 5% it’s likely just gonna take a little bit

Before we continue with this revision, I noticed that Rikido Sato's base form is getting upgraded to Building level because he is 5 times weaker than his Sugar Rush mode.

So my question is: Can't other students scale from his base form as well?

I don't believe many of the students even have a reason to, but who do you have in mind?

Maybe Kirishima/Tetsutetsu? Since Kirishima was shown to be comparable to Sugar Rush Sato in his Harden form, or was that anime only?

I don't believe many of the students even have a reason to, but who do you have in mind?

Maybe Kirishima/Tetsutetsu? Since Kirishima was shown to be comparable to Sugar Rush Sato in his Hardening form, or was that anime only?
Yeah I was having at least those two characters in mind.

Hmm, I don't know.

I'm a little neutral on that, I'll agree with what everyone else agrees with.

I checked the chapters and it looks like that scene was anime only, which means Rikido can't scale from Kirishima's Hardening.

By the way, since the Tokoyami that survived the Small Building level+ explosion was considered to be physically weak, shouldn't we be able to upscale other students to Building level? His calc is very close to it.

I must of not mentioned it, but I don't think Tokoyami should scale to the explosion.

Even ignoring that Dark Shadow may have blocked some of the attack, I checked and using Angular Size Tokoyami is around 1 meter away from Bakugo. Which would lower the amount of energy he actually took from that explosion, using the inverse square law.

Last edited:
I don't have the time to make a 100 percent accurate calc right now, as I'm busy with some calcs for another verse.

The distance I got from Tokoyami from the screen is around 2 meters, but I didn't check Bakugo's distance. But around 1 meter seems fair, though it could be lower.

I'm not sure of the exact number, but even if he was only 0.5 m away it's drops to 0.06 Tons of TNT.

So it's completely useless for other students.

Why don't we just downscale Deku's durability from smashing himself into a wall with 5% and be done with it?

I don't have the time to make a 100 percent accurate calc right now, as I'm busy with some calcs for another verse.

The distance I got from Tokoyami from the screen is around 2 meters, but I didn't check Bakugo's distance. But around 1 meter seems fair, though it could be lower.

I'm not sure of the exact number, but even if he was only 0.5 m away it's drops to 0.06 Tons of TNT.
The more and more i see every student in UA get closer to being one shot by 5% Deku sneezing in their general direction, the less i feel we should scale them to Bakugo.

Unless we really think it is accurate that 5% Deku is almost 100x stronger than his base, or that base Deku can one shot Ochako

Can someone remind me of when this feat happened of Izuku slamming into a wall?

I believe it's chapter 48 or somewhere around there.

Izuku is trying to wall jump, and he uses 5% on his legs to jump. He tries to jump off the wall but he's too slow to add 5% into his limbs and just slams into the wall.

Scaling the students from Deku is better than assuming they got hundreds of times more durable within the span of a few months.

So this is what you're trying to scale base Deku off of...

I mean, Izuku does get hurt from this, but then again Izuku also gets hurt from someone who has worse results than him in the physical tests.

I also have to question whether Izuku splatting into the wall with his full frontal surface area would be quite the same as recieving a 5% punch or a 5% kick for example.

It just doesn't seem like something strong to use to say Deku, and everybody else at the beginning of the series is Building level.

Do the individual students really not have their own feats to use? I mean, Ochaco has her calc of being hit by Bakugo's explosion, right?

He has worst results but they never stated he can't hurt him, someone like Bruce Lee is far stronger than the average person. But the average person could still hurt him with a punch to the face. Being weaker than someone doesn't mean you can't be comparable to them.

Honestly a jump should carry similar force. A jump is just someone kicking off the ground with both of their legs. His jump shouldn't be many dozens of times weaker than his regular kick or punch, unless I'm missing something here. I mean we're talking about putting him a 8-C+, which is around 2.5x weaker than his 5% at the highest, or baseline 8-C+ which would put him over 4x weaker than 5%.

It's not just the jump, it's also Izuku stating 5% isn't a big increase. He isn't talking about his 100% like you said, he literally stated. "Given the level my body is at, even when I control it... it only gives a small increase in power"

I don't see how this statement means his 5% is only a small increase compared to his 100%.

Shinso didn't have worse results than Deku actually. Deku gained no villain points in the Entrance Exam, so we have no reason to suspect Shinso did any worse.

If we're talking the first day of class quirk exam, Deku did the worse in his class despite his ball throw. So Mineta and Toru would be physically better than Base Midoriya if we go by that

Shinso didn't have worse results than Deku actually. Deku gained no villain points in the Entrance Exam, so we have no reason to suspect Shinso did any worse.

If we're talking the first day of class quirk exam, Deku did the worse in his class despite his ball throw. So Mineta and Toru would be physically better than Base Midoriya if we go by that
Aizawa is talking about the strength tests, not the entrance exam. He says so in the panel I linked above.

I think I know what the source of my annoyance is with this. We're still primarily relying too much on the damn movie feats for this.

Because the movies have so much extra budget that they can get away with great feats that we'd never see in the manga.

I'm going to drop my objections, because I think we're just scaling the verse in the completely wrong way. Even if the events of the movie can be interpreted to slot into canon in some way or another, I think we're making a mistake by basing the majority of our powerscaling on them.

Izuku's 5% would still be High 8-C though, since Bakugo's explosion calc is 3 Tons, which scales to 5%, and his Gauntlent explosion is 6 Tons. So downscaling to 8-C+ would still be a thing, even with the manga feats of the U.A. Beginning saga.

The problem is that the movies are indeed canon, Horikoshi stated himself that movie's story is connected to the manga's story.

There's nothing else that we could do, we can't say they're not canon and the feats aren't outliers.

Then let's just not downscale from 5% at all. What's wrong with what we've got currently for the students?

What's wrong with what we've got currently for the students?
What we currently have for the students is hundreds of times lower than their later feats, creating many more contradictions than it solves.

What we currently have for the students is hundreds of times lower than their later feats, creating many more contradictions than it solves.
Aren't training arcs supposed to be the reason for characters getting stronger?

Izuku managed to train from somebody who could barely handle 5% of One For All's power to being able to use 30% without issues, in just a few months.

And perhaps some of their later feats may be outliers for their characters.

Aren't training arcs supposed to be the reason for characters getting stronger?
So the normal students get hundreds of times stronger with some training while the stronger students stagnate in the same tier despite putting more effort into it.

And perhaps some of their later feats may be outliers for their characters.
Or more accurately, the size of Bakugo's explosions are extremely inconsistent and can't be used to gauge the power of the students, because otherwise those same students you are trying to downgrade to 9-A can survive explosions as big or even bigger than the ones used against High 8-C characters.

The reason we're suggesting downscaling is Izuku's statement, and him jumping into a wall with a 5% jump. The students would scale to him since Aizawa stated his results in the strength test were rather poor. And he shouldn't even be in the hero course.

A jump is without a doubt comparable to a kick or maybe even more so. The average jump height is 40 cm or 0.4 m, using the average weight of a japanese man, the energy of their jump would be around 242 Joules. Which means an average jump has the energy comparable to that of a punch from an peak human.

So Izuku downscaling to 8-C+ from jumping into a wall should be fine, at least it seems fine to me.

If you disagree with this reasoning that's fine, but what's the problem with them?

I've already stated my objections are dropped. I just think we're going to wrong way about scaling the verse.

Instead of scaling most of the students on their own feats, we're going off of scaling them to Izuku jumping into a wall.

So the normal students get hundreds of times stronger with some training while the stronger students stagnate in the same tier despite putting more effort into it.

What's wrong with this exactly? Characters who demonstrate increases in strength have become stronger. Characters who don't demonstrate increases in strength don't become stronger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back