• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MHA AP and Durability Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's technically not a downgrade since he has dura neg but I asked like twice and no one said they disagreed. Plus like 3 other people in this thread agreed.
Why are his explosions weaker than his own punches, that makes no sense. It is a downgrade you've gotten rid of his 8-C+ rating, also what dura negation? What is happening here, I feel like I'm missing something here.

Shouldn't his physical AP stay though?

Why are his explosions weaker than his own punches, that makes no sense. It is a downgrade you've gotten rid of his 8-C+ rating, also what dura negation? What is happening here, I feel like I'm missing something here.

Shouldn't his physical AP stay though?
His Physical AP is in his striking strength (we agreed on that a while ago in the main discussion thread). Bakugo can harm 5% with punches and kicks and 5% can take his explosions with less visible damage. I have no clue why his punches being stronger than his explosions is a problem when he can A. alter their strength and B. His explosions and punches literally rival each other in power at one point in the story.

His dura negation comes from his 9A explosions burning 8C+ 5% Deku (or High 8C whatever) and making a suppressed AM actually say ow.

I'd also like to note that Bakugo was holding back against Deku in the beginning of their fight, along with the fact Deku had to resort to tricks to even stand a chance against him.

His Physical AP is in his striking strength (we agreed on that a while ago in the main discussion thread). Bakugo can harm 5% with punches and kicks and 5% can take his explosions with less visible damage. I have no clue why his punches being stronger than his explosions is a problem when he can A. alter their strength and B. His explosions and punches literally rival each other in power at one point in the story.
No I thought we agreed on that for UNKNOWN ratings, he should have the rating if it's something we can actually list. I never agreed to anything like that.

By that logic we should lower Endeavor's rating as well, since he can lower the strength of his flames against normal people. Why not go all the damn way and lower Bakugo's rating to 9-B or 9-C in this case? What's the point of rating his weaker explosions, we should just rate his normal blast which should equal his physical AP.

No I thought we agreed on that for UNKNOWN ratings, he should have the rating if it's something we can actually list. I never agreed to anything like that.

By that logic we should lower Endeavor's rating as well, since he can lower the strength of his flames against normal people. Why not go all the damn way and lower Bakugo's rating to 9-B or 9-C in this case? What's the point of rating his weaker explosions, we should just rate his normal blast which should equal his physical AP.
Well it wasn't there when I got to it. His AP justifications were just explosion.

You completely missed my point. I'm not saying Bakugou's explosions are 9A because he can adjust the power but the size of his normal explosions are literally that strong. My point of him being able to adjust the power so his physical strength exceeding it was to illustrate that yeah his physical strength could hypothetically exceed explosion. Which isn't my main point as my main point is why the heck does it matter?

If we can calc the size of his blasts to determine his maximum power and say he's High 8C or 8C why can't we do the same for his normal attacks? The argument that he harms 8C characters with normal attacks so they scale to his full strength is flawed in that it directly contradicts the series and how his power functions. However durability negation due to heat not only explains how he's doing it but makes sense as we've seen him burn Deku, Bondo and Kirishima.

The hell are you talking about, what dura negation please explain.

Please give me ever single instant of dura negation, also tell me how hot his explosions are. I want you to tell me, please.

0008-021.png

I can see him Bakugo's spit in that panel as well, and why you ignored Deku blocking Bakugo's right hook?

Last edited:
The hell are you talking about, what dura negation please explain.

Please give me ever single instant of dura negation, also tell me how hot his explosions are. I want you to tell me, please.
Dura negation due to heat. How else would you explain causing AM pain or harming characters with explosions too small for their tier. We literally see him harm characters by burning and several times it's characters he shouldn't. This is literally the logic we have for Shouto and Endeavor as they harm character's above them by temperature.

Nitroglycerin explosions give off 5000 degrees celsius when they explode

Dura negation due to heat. How else would you explain causing AM pain or harming characters with explosions too small for their tier. We literally see him harm characters by burning and several times it's characters he shouldn't. This is literally the logic we have for Shouto and Endeavor as they harm character's above them by temperature.

Nitroglycerin explosions give off 5000 degrees celsius when they explode
Now then, please tell me how long the heat from Nitroglycerin last. How long does the heat stay there and how fast does the heat transfer from air to skin?

Unless your imply the majority of the verse has heat resistant that's close to the surface of the sun?

Why does spit matter here?

What rating do people suggest Base Izuku to have, I don't really care so I'm neutral about any rating. I'd like to see everyone's opinion and reasoning.

0008-021.png

I can see him Bakugo's spit in that panel as well, and why you ignored Deku blocking Bakugo's right hook?
That wasn't his spit, that was the stuff that was kicked up as a result of the throw. Even if it was? That doesn't mean he damaged him. It just means that the speed was great enough for spittle to fly out of his mouth.

Now then, please tell me how long the heat from Nitroglycerin last. How long does the heat stay there and how fast does the heat transfer from air to skin?

Unless your imply the majority of the verse has heat resistant that's close to the surface of the sun?
I guess the only other logical argument is that since it’s stated Bakugo’s blasts are Like Nitroglycerin not exactly they possibly could not be as hot But that can’t be proven that could also make dura neg via heat kinda weird
Although you are right to say the heat doesn’t last long At all

What rating do people suggest Base Izuku to have, I don't really care so I'm neutral about any rating. I'd like to see everyone's opinion and reasoning.
Therefir is suggesting 8-C+ because of Deku's statement (Even tho it's really vague.)

Yes but what do you think, what's rating do you think he should have.

Or to be more accurate, what should base Izuku scale to?

We currently rate base Deku at the beginning of the manga as 9-A+.

What's wrong with that?

The heat is quite obviously sufficient to burn characters and objects. I'd be happy to get you scans of that.

Btw here's a list of Bakugo's normal attacks

My arguments are:
He can slam Bakugo into the ground hard enough to make him complain about the pain, if he is saying "Urk...!" That clearly should be more than stunning him.
He can block Bakugo's right hook.
He considers his 5% only a small increase in power compared to his body's level.
He can survive slamming himself into a wall with a 5% jump. 5% Deku's jumps are strong enough to hurt Bakugo in the Final Exams Arc.

Last edited:
wouldnt blocking his arm more so be lifting strength? bakugo wasnt punching, just swinging. Deku grabs his arm and lifts him over

I'm going to drop the Bakugo thing for now, because it's just a distraction at this point.

1: Izuku states that 5% is a small increase from his base. "Given the level my body's at, even when I control it... it only gives a small increase in power"

Arguments against this say the statement is somehow vague, if this is vague then that means there are multiple interpretations. Can someone tell what those are?

I don't think the Bakugo stuff is evidence, Bakugo was holding back that entire fight so the match wouldn't get stopped. He was caught off guard by Izuku's attack, and didn't visible show any signs of actual damage.

So he can take hits from Bakugo physically, which are High 8-C, yet gets hurt by small explosions. Something is off here.
Well, I'm 90% sure Bakugo doesn't have High 8-C striking strength at the time of their fight there. That would make him physically as good or better than his largest, building-destroying explosions.

I'm going to drop the Bakugo thing for now, because it's just a distraction at this point.

1: Izuku states that 5% is a small increase from his base. "Given the level my body's at, even when I control it... it only gives a small increase in power"

Arguments against this say the statement is somehow vague, if this is vague then that means there are multiple interpretations. Can someone tell what those are?

I don't think the Bakugo stuff is evidence, Bakugo was holding back that entire fight so the match wouldn't get stopped. He was caught off guard by Izuku's attack, and didn't visible show any signs of actual damage.
The multiple interpretations of Deku's statement would be:

What does Deku consider a small increase? Several times, six times, ten times? Twenty times? It's not clear here. And he already considers the gap between 5 and 8% to be small, despite 8% being way faster than 5%, to the point where he's Supersonic+ and Bakugo can't even dodge.

There's arguably more but I think this says it all.

Also it is me or the normal explosions that Bakugo used against Uraraka were bigger than the ones he used against 5% Deku.

Do the size of his explosions even matter?
That's genuinely debatable because the blasts used against Deku either didn't visibly harm him, burned him and in a few cases were clipped so we don't know the full size.

They clearly do since his maximum are considered far more powerful and also are consistently larger than his normal moves.

Also it is me or the normal explosions that Bakugo used against Uraraka were bigger than the ones he used against 5% Deku.

Do the size of his explosions even matter?
The size of his explosions probably does matter. The only reason his smaller explosions do damage is because of the temperature.

And he already considers the gap between 5 and 8% to be small, despite 8% being way faster than 5%, to the point where he's Supersonic+ and Bakugo can't even dodge.
But the gap is indeed small, 5% Deku is Mach 2 while 8% is baseline Supersonic+ (Mach 2.5).

It's not that much faster, Bakugo couldn't dodge it but he could block it. It's not a massive difference, just a dramatic statement in the heat of the moment. If it was Way faster he wouldn't be able to block it.

Bakugo also took a kick from 8% and a punch from 5%, so the difference between them isn't actually that big. So we do actually have a reference, 5% and 8% aren't that different in terms of power and Bakugo taking hits from both proves it.

The size of his explosions probably does matter. The only reason his smaller explosions do damage is because of the temperature.
Bakugo couldn't hurt Kirishima with his explosions until his hardening started to wear off, the temperature had nothing to do with that. Kirishima just couldn't keep himself that durable for long. Him making his skin harder wouldn't change his resistant to heat, since it's apparent dura negation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back