• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mewtwo Vs Tornado of Terror

Tornado could rip Mewtwo apart if she so wished, and she can deal with telekinetics, but she can't deal with telepaths. Mewtwo can mindwipe to win.

My money is on tatsu. She has specially developed anti esper techniques at her disposal which should keep mewtwo at bay long enough for her to kill him.

Standard battle assumptions are in character, and mewtwo doesn't go for 'lolmindwipe' as his first move or almost ever really. he'd go for a telekenesis contest just like when he fought mew as its a matter of pride for him.

Has she actually encountered mind manipulating Psychics in OPM? From what I've seen, it's only been telekinetics.

If that's the case, Mewtwo shouldn't have too much trouble, as it would be able to mind read and for the fact it literally can just Disable her telekinesis entirely.

And with the fact that this is Mega Mewtwo, I can assume that it would likely have access to TM moves, meaning it has access to Blizzard and Ice Beam, which has a chance of freezing Tatsumaki. There's also another thing, if this is Mewtwo X, Tatsumaki will have an hard time manipulating Mewtwo due to the fact that it has an extremely strong will with his ability steadfast which translates from Indomitable Heart.

I'd give it to Mewtwo because of precognition, versatility, ability to mind read, etc.

I give it to Tatsumaki for the reasons listed by A Sword Dancer and Cropfist. Mind Read falls into psychic powers, so Tatsumaki will be able to deflect it.

Spartan1204 said:
I give it to Tatsumaki for the reasons listed by A Sword Dancer and Cropfist. Mind Read falls into psychic powers, so Tatsumaki will be able to deflect it.
What makes you think Tatsumaki has the ability to counter all types of espers despite only encountering telekinetics? She has no knowledge of telepaths.

Sword Dancer's reasons are moot by the fact that Mewtwo wasn't battling Mew in telekinetic contest, he was throwing Shadow Balls at it. I also don't where he's getting the pride aspect from, as during his battle from Mew he was trying to prove himself to be above his predecessor. He'd have no reason to just use telekinesis when facing against a human that has no meaning to him.

Tatsumaki's Aura Manipulation falls short against those with strong wills, which Mewtwo already naturally has, even more so with his ability as Mewtwo X.

How does being able to Mega Evolve mean he has access to TM moves? Aside from that, Tornado's output of 952 gigatons dwarfs Mewtwo's 1.70.

Mega Evolution typically suggests trainer influence.

The AP advantage doesn't necessarily matter when Mewtwo can Disable Tatsumaki's abilities and has access to mind hax.

Mewtwo's been shown to Mega Evolve on his own though.

It does matter when Mewtwo would be one-shottted badly if Tatsumaki lands a single hit. Has he ever used mind wiping for offensive purposes?

Mewtwo has used mind wiping on a large group of people to make them forget the whole incident of the first movie, so it's not like it can't be used offensively.

Mewtwo has an extremely strong will that won't let Tatsumaki manipulate him as easily, he'll be able to mind read her to understand her tactics and Disable her abilities.

Talonmask said:
Spartan1204 said:
What makes you think Tatsumaki has the ability to counter all types of espers despite only encountering telekinetics? She has no knowledge of telepaths.
Sword Dancer's reasons are moot by the fact that Mewtwo wasn't battling Mew in telekinetic contest, he was throwing Shadow Balls at it. I also don't where he's getting the pride aspect from, as during his battle from Mew he was trying to prove himself to be above his predecessor. He'd have no reason to just use telekinesis when facing against a human that has no meaning to him.

Tatsumaki's Aura Manipulation falls short against those with strong wills, which Mewtwo already naturally has, even more so with his ability as Mewtwo X.
The series explicitly said the anti-esper ability by Tatsumaki and Fubuki is against psychics, not just telepaths. http://img.bato.to/comics/2013/08/03/o/read51fd2bd353279/img000004.jpg

Well, seeing how it can work on being way out of Mewtwo's power range in game canon, not really. Plus, that's kinda the use of hax. To ignore AP.

Just remembered that Mewtwo knows Shadow Ball naturally outside of the games, which would do extra damage to Tornado since type effectiveness is canon. Not that it would help much with that big a gap in AP.

A Sword Dancer said:
Disable as a move used to prevent an enemy with vastly greater ap from using their powers seems like a NLF.
Disable can only seal one skill at a time, and only for a short while. It doesn't sound like a game-breaking power to me.

And a level 1 Pokemon with Disable can still seal a move used by a level 100. I do not think Disable is limited by a mere raw power advantage.

@Spartan That in no way invalidates my point, the power the two are using is telekinesis, Tatsu designed a technique for countering telekinetics, not telepaths, as she has never encountered one in the series so she has no knowledge on how they work.

Cropfist said:
Just remembered that Mewtwo knows Shadow Ball naturally out of the games, which would do extra damage to Tornado since type effectiveness is canon. Not that it would help much with that big a gap in AP.
Mewtwo does not learn Shadow Ball naturally in the games. It only learns it via TM. You may be thinking of it's non-/secondary canon appearances in Super Smash Bros. and the anime.

We use composite versions for pokemon and since Mewtwo has it naturally in smash I think it counts but I could be wrong because smash is sorta it's own thing

It's because he used Shadow Ball in the anime, ironically before it became a move in the games, as it debuted before Gold and Silver. Then again, so did Marill, Snubbul, Lugia, Togepi, and most notably, Ho-Oh.

Talonmask said:
@Spartan That in no way invalidates my point, the power the two are using is telekinesis, Tatsu designed a technique for countering telekinetics, not telepaths, as she has never encountered one in the series so she has no knowledge on how they work.
She's deflecting the signal sent, it doesn't matter what kind of psychic it is.

TM's and HM's really shouldnt matter to anime Mewtwo they generally dont exist in the anime, especially when Mewtwo has used a TM move it learned naturally

also what about Tutor moves? Those are generally natural its just someone teaching or training you on how to unleash said techniques at will like in many anime verses

Also, Mewtwo didnt just mind wipe Ash and the others in the movie its implied by ppl he reversed time back to the point where everyone was at the pokemon center before they left for his island. If it was just mindwipe he wouldve only mindwiped the people on his island not at the pokemon center and they would have questioned where at least the missing nurse Joy was at the time

Im also giving this to Mewtwo

As TMs and HMs can only be used with a trainer who knows how to use them, and since tutor moves require another person to teach a Pokemon a move it couldn't learn otherwise, I believe they would qualify as outside help.

Unclechairman said:
As TMs and HMs can only be used with a trainer who knows how to use them, and since tutor moves require another person to teach a Pokemon a move it couldn't learn otherwise, I believe they would qualify as outside help.
good point on it being outside help but i dont see how it would be an issue

there are tons of characters who learn moves and techniques via outside help

for example

Naruto and Sasuke didnt learn the transformation, shadow clone, summoning, rasengan, rasenshuriiken, Chidori and so on jutsus on their own they were taught how to do it from their teachers

Ichigo didnt learn how to use Bankai, control his inner hollow, or fullbring on his own he was taught from Yoruichi, the Visoreds and the Fullbringers

Goku didnt learn how to use the Spirit Bomb or Kaioken on his own he was taught how to do it by King Kai

Avatar Aang didnt learn all 4 elements on his own he was taught how to do it by multiple bending masters, including the air nomads

All of these examples show how they learnt their techniques from being taught it to them despite being naturally capable of doing it on their own. Teaching a pokemon a move they have the capabability of having shouldnt be any different

She's deflecting the signal sent, it doesn't matter what kind of psychic it is.

It very well could matter, the only psychics seen within the OPM are telekinetics, so there is a chance that the technique could very well not work against something she has not experienced before.

Regardless, Mewtwo has the power to Disable her telekinesis, leaving her with effectively nothing to use against Mewtwo.

All those characters you mentioned are able to retain all the techniques they learned, while Pokemon can only know up to 4 moves. Unless you want to dismiss that as game mechanics of course (despite there being little reason to, as even the anime generally follows that rule).

Also, TM and tutor moves are only usable by trainer-owned Pokemon, and on here, I believe we generally assume the Pokemon are wild, which would limit them to level-up moves.

Unclechairman said:
All those characters you mentioned are able to retain all the techniques they learned, while Pokemon can only know up to 4 moves. Unless you want to dismiss that as game mechanics of course (despite there being little reason to, as even the anime generally follows that rule).

Also, TM and tutor moves are only usable by trainer-owned Pokemon, and on here, I believe we generally assume the Pokemon are wild, which would limit them to level-up moves.
Pokemon being able to only know 4 moves is 100% game mechanics, or else Arceus, the Pokemon god, would only be allowed access to 4 attacks, and I would have to call bullshit on the idea that Alakazam, a Pokemon with over 5000 IQ, could only learn 4 things.

Arceus may be a god, but it is still a Pokemon, yes? Did it ever use more than 4 attacks in the anime? Also, it's entirely possible for Alakazam to have 5000 IQ and still only be able to learn 4 moves, as he could simply be hyperintelligent in other areas.

There was a pokemon that used 5 moves in its debut episode (I think it was Steelix for some reason), and I'm pretty sure Pikachu has used more than 4 moves a season, along with Charizard. Mewtwo himself used 7 moves in his lifetime.

Well Ash's Snorlax in the anime knew like 6 moves.....

There was also a pokemon special where a Mewtwo used like 12 moves at the same time

It wouldnt be farfetched to say Arceus at least can learn more than 4, let alone any other pokemon

Unclechairman said:
Arceus may be a god, but it is still a Pokemon, yes? Did it ever use more than 4 attacks in the anime? Also, it's entirely possible for Alakazam to have 5000 IQ and still only be able to learn 4 moves, as he could simply be hyperintelligent in other areas.
My point is that it's simply an illogical concept and is incorporated into the game for the sake of strategy. I do not know if Arceus used more than 4 moves.

Baseless assumption. Alakazam's Pokedex suggests that he is quite adept in his abilities and it would be out of character for it to forget things.

Crystal: "Its brain cells multiply continually until it dies. As a result, it remembers everything."

Yellow: "A Pokémon that can memorize anything. It never forgets what it learns—that's why this Pokémon is smart."

Sapphire: "Alakazam's brain continually grows, infinitely multiplying brain cells. This amazing brain gives this Pokémon an astoundingly high IQ of 5,000. It has a thorough memory of everything that has occurred in the world."

Pearl: "Its highly developed brain is on par with a supercomputer. It can use all forms of psychic abilities."

Alakazam is a perfect example as to why 4 moves is simply a game mechanic.

Can you show me these instances? I assumed the anime had followed the 4 moves rule, considering Pikachu had to forget Volt Tackle to learn Electro Ball (a very stupid move, if you ask me).

The real cal howard said:
It was Dragonite. Not Steelix. My bad lol.
Np lol. Also yea ur right Pikachu at one point knew Volt Tackle, Thunderbolt, quick Attack, Iron Tail and Thunder. This was changed later on as the anime progressed

That post you linked to also states that the anime eventually started adhering more strictly to the 4 moves rule, hence the fact that Pikachu somewhat recently had to forget Volt Tackle for Electro Ball. This suggests instances of Pokemon knowing more than 4 moves were just blunders on the writers' part rather than the anime actually bending the rules of the games.

Back