• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mewtwo vs. Kirito (8 - 7 - 1)

Mewtwo leads with either TK or elemental attacks. Meaning Kirito's word based "Freeze" comes out first

How good is his resistance? All I know is he can survive in space.

Mewtwo doesn't really have ice resistance. Technically Shadow Mewtwo can survive Suicune's Sheer Cold but that's prolly game mechanics. That said his barriers can reliably block absolute zero due to working on Sheer Cold.

How does Kirito's freeze work btw? I thought it was danmaku Beam tendrils from his sword that freeze gg on contact. But Schnee's wording makes me think I'm wrong there.

Earlier keys it's sword based, but in this version he's grown to master the use of ice by himself and can freeze by speaking

Lel 😂

Aight so the only way Mewtwo would survive freeze gg is if he either a) killed Kirito first or b) got off Safeguard or other similar barriers in time, which prevents freezing and non-vectored attacks.

The real cal howard said:
How does Kirito's freeze work btw? I thought it was danmaku Beam tendrils from his sword that freeze gg on contact. But Schnee's wording makes me think I'm wrong there.
War of the Underworld arc Kirito describes it as a mixture of AoE and Danmaku vines/tendrils, yes.

The freeze is damn fast seeing as how it froze at least 20,000 people in the "blink of an eye", and the range was calculated to be at least 34 km^2 IIRC. I forgot if it was me or DMUA who calculated that.

SBA says central park/new york, meaning they're on a planet.

Post-War Kirito can freeze enemies by freezing the surrounding air itself, so it's like an omnidirectional flash-freeze. And yeah, in earlier keys, it's sword-based, but eventually he learns to eventually do it word-based, then, during his time as ruler, he learns to do it thought-based.

TL;DR: Volumes 18-20, it's pretty much an omnidirectional, thought-based flash-freeze attack from all directions trying to freeze mewtwo at once.

Dayum. Eat your heart out Dio lol.

So yeah, my sentiment remains the same. Mewtwo would need to put up barriers like...immediately to survive or get the f*** out of dodge. Because freeze gg is a serious threat.

Mewtwo's first move is to teleport to its own pocket dimension and nuke from space in this state. Granted, it should still have its passives from base, like passive fear manipulation. The fear manipulation isn't anything broken as it just makes Kirito incredibly nervous and occasionally makes it so Kirito is too scared to move. Precog can help here.

mewtwo has a lot of abilities he can use. he has ice manip which could nerf down the way he takes the freezing. mewtwo has precognition (i think) which would warn him of the freeze and he would dodge it. To take down kirito has other abilities like petrfication, mindhax ect.

i would vote for mewtwo, but i would like to hear arguments.

He can't dodge the freezing, it's word based

He can't avoid the freezing, his freezing is weaker

As established by the first two posts of the thread.

Schnee One said:
He can't dodge the freezing, it's word based
He can't avoid the freezing, his freezing is weaker

As established by the first two posts of the thread.
mewtwo still has precognition which would warn him of the attack

if the attack is word based and mewtwo knows about it then all he needs to do is mindhax which is instant

And then what? He freezes because it isn't dodgeable?

Mewtwo' Precog isn't passive either as I found out.

Schnee One said:
And then what? He freezes because it isn't dodgeable?
Mewtwo' Precog isn't passive either as I found out.
mindhax means he pretty much could control kirito, by knowing what he is going to do he could pretty much instantly stop him from using the ability.

also, i have trouble with understanding what passive precog is, i cant find any info

Schnee One said:
Oh I know, he just won't
Passive means active. Basically
you are unreasonable. give me any proof that he can't stop kirito with mindhax

there is also nothing that says it is not passive. if there is a place that says it is not then i will agree

Schnee One said:
Don't need to, Mewtwo won't use it off the bat because he has exactly once, unless you can give me proof that he has.
"Nothing says it isn't"

Burden of proof Fallacy you give me reason it is.
im seriously having a hard time communicating with you.

"mewtwo wont use it right off the bat because he has exactly once"

what the flip is that even supposed to mean?

also i dont even have the source from where the recogntion comes from so i could inspect it.

another argument that probably does not work is that mewtwo can resist petrification. ik it probably cannot do much but still im gonna leave the fact here.

@Arceus

Kirito essentially freezes with a word. Passive usually means someone doesn't need to 'activate it', because that character just by being there means it's active

Nothing suggests Mewtwo has passive precog and therefore he gets frozen

TheArsenal1212 said:
@Arceus
Kirito essentially freezes with a word. Passive usually means someone doesn't need to 'activate it', because that character just by being there means it's active

Nothing suggests Mewtwo has passive precog and therefore he gets frozen
1 id like more people to come that know more about mewtwo

2 if he does get frozen then can't he unfreeze himself?

Back