• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid V: To Infinity and Beyond

I heard there is a possibility it might chronologically be the latest thus far, but speculation. But definitely would be after Federation Force at bare minimum.
I think that'd be a bit of a weird spot to put Mercurysteam in, essentially forcing them to make the Fusion saga a contained thing rather than the status quo of the series. Also I just realized, this is the first time every part of the franchise is in western hands, which is notable.

All fair on the dates, I didn't think about the obvious possibility of the X having different meaning between years. I think there's WoG that Samus has been working for decades too. Bit weird to think this is a woman at least approaching her 40s but I guess that's what bird genes will do to you.
See, the thing is, they don't appear to be Metroid Metroids. They look more like Mochtroids.
UuTbeGA.png

Notice these only have a single nucleus, rather than the four we normally see on Metroids.
This is very interesting, they also seem to have longer, sharper fangs compared to the MPR Metroid model, so you're absolutely right. Maybe they tried to clone them off the one egg Sylux stole?

Also very interesting is that they don't seem to be attacking him, mind-controlling adult Metroids is something not even the Chozo could do so however Sylux is achieving it (Or whoever he's working for if he is, which I would say is very possible) that's fairly notable- maybe they're engineered to be more tame?

Samus's ship in Prime 4 seems to be the same one from Prime 3 though. If Prime 4 took place after Super Metroid, Samus would still have her normal Gunship from Metroid 2 and Super, which she kept until the intro of Fusion. So Prime 4 being in 20X9 while Super Metroid takes place in 20X7 may be a continuity error.
I did some more research and and it seems like the gunship from Metroid 2 and Super Metroid also appeares in Prime 2, making Echoes the first chronological appearance of that gunship. This means that Samus just owns two ships at the once during Prime 3 and we can't use which ship she uses as a way to order the games. This makes a post-Super placement for Prime 4 more likely.
(This is what my ass gets for not having played Prime 2 and 3 yet)

Last edited:
They're very worth playing, especially 1/2. They don't take any getting used to, they aged really well since they're sort of a mini genre of their own.

Actually, what's y'all's ranking of the Metroid games?

Mine is Super > Fusion > Prime > Echoes > Dread > Metroid (It's less fun than most of the ones under it but I respect it more) > Samus Returns > Zero Mission > Corruption > Hunters

Was hoping for them to be ported to the Switch given I never had a Gamecube and my Wii broke down as I was playing Prime 3. Though my wish was partly granted with Prime 1 HD. I'm gonna go for it as soon as I get some free time.
What I used was Primehack, it lets you play the trilogy with PC FPS controls. Dunno what the odds of Prime 2/3 getting remastered is so worth looking into

Actually, what's y'all's ranking of the Metroid games?
1) Dread (Best controls and combat combined with smoothly flowing world design make this my most replayed metroid game, 5 times iirc)
2) Super (No need to explain)
3) Fusion (Would probably go down if I replayed it, fortunately that first playthrough was🔥)
4) Zero Mission (The mixture of Fusion's snappy controls and Super's world design philosophy would put this game in the goldilocks zone for other people,
but for me it makes this this game fail to reach the heights of the other two)
5) Prime Remastered (The artifact hunt after the omega pirate was so ass, why didn't they sprinkle in the artifacts throught the game)
6) Samus Returns (The controls are half baked and clunky, the last area takes way too long and ruins the pacing, the presence of enemies after the Queen is competely unnecessary and makes Ridley's appearance way too obvious)
7) Hunters (Horrid controls, repetitive game design and 192p resolution 3D graphics drag down what could otherwise be a great game)
8) Nestroid (A Janky mess. The constantly reused rooms make it impossible to keep track of where you are)

Haven't played yet: Return of Samus, Prime 2, Prime 3, Other M, Federation Force.

Honestly, I like going through Dread randomizers more than I do Super randomizers; you're always experiencing something new each time with Dread randos in my experience

Super randomizers are fairly fun as well, no doubt about that, but there's something about Dread that takes the cake for me. Maybe it's the controls and powers, or maybe I just like Dread that much

My ranking list
1. Prime
2. Super
3. Prime 2
4. Dread
5. Fusion
6. Zero Mission
7. Prime 3
8. AM2R (I consider it an honorary Metroid game due to how good it is; being released during the series' drought also helps)
9. Samus Returns
10. Metroid 1
11. Return of Samus
12. Prime Hunters
13. Other M

My Metroid games ranked was.
1) Super Metroid (Obvious reasons)
2) Dread (Really up'd everything so far)
3) Fusion (Also so much nostalgia for that game)
4) Prime
5) Samus Returns
6) Zero Mission
7) Prime 2: Echoes
8) Prime 3: Corruption
9) Prime Hunters (An underrated gem, but not quite good enough to be higher
10) The OG Metroid (While it's a revolutionary classic; it has some struggles in the aging department)
11) Metroid II: Return of Samus (Similar to the 1st but portable)
12) Prime Pinball (Should have just been a minigame for Prime Hunters, but a fun Pinball spinoff)
13) Other M (Horrendous story that never existed story wise; but has some decent boss battles + Japanese version was no where near as bad, but still bad story)
14) Federation Force (NO!)

Here's my tier list that categorizes them too.

LnAyitk2iP6AAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

Super by obligation > Prime 2 > Prime (& Super fr this time) > Dread >? AM2R > Fusion > ZM/Prime 3 i dont dislike prime 3 > Returns (id like it more if my hands didnt ******* hurt playing it tho) > Hunt it's fine it's just aged > Metroid > Metroid 2 > FedForce tbh it's probably better than 1/2 but it coming out 20y later and being better than a messy nes game aint a fuckng accomplishment > Other M

number 1 is actually prime trilogy

Should we even count Federation Force tbh? It literally was so generic that it wasn't even marketed as a Metroid game initially

Other M legitimately has less reason to exist than that, and ya'll count that so....

Better to be aggressively average than actual dogshit.

FedForce is a Metroid game dog
also it always was, it was just a space ball minigame that wasnt, which was tacked in as a side option, the actual game was always Metroid

FedForce is a Metroid game dog
also it always was, it was just a space ball minigame that wasnt, which was tacked in as a side option, the actual game was always Metroid
The space ball minigame is what was advertised first. Imagine being a Metroid fan being shown a generic FPS and then later being told it's a Metroid game. That's just saying this game is so generic that it could've been anything rather than definitively being Metroid

On an individual game quality level, I would absolutely get behind FedForce > Other M for sure, but the marketing made FedForce such a slap in the face imo

The space ball minigame is what was advertised first. Imagine being a Metroid fan being shown a generic FPS and then later being told it's a Metroid game. That's just saying this game is so generic that it could've been anything rather than definitively being Metroid
but that isnt what happened tho
the minigame was advertised first, and then later fedforce was shown and advertised as a metroid game, and said minigame was tacked in as well, a minigame.
But at no point was it ever a mystery if the FPS game part featuring Fed dudes was Metroid because it was revealed as such when they showed it.

On an individual game quality level, I would absolutely get behind FedForce > Other M for sure, but the marketing made FedForce such a slap in the face imo
I mean it was a slap in the face because the game sucked and nobody asked for it. Kinda ****** up the best metroid content from that time, was a minigame on a wii u launch title

Either way, FedForce IS a metroid game, and is now intricately linked to canon given Prime 4's plot hinges on it.
and other m's marketing was even worse because they made it look not dogshit, id prefer whatever ff was over false advertising grrr.

For all we know, Sylux might not actually be the main villain and mostly an early/mid antagonist who later becomes an ally. Plot twists could always surprise us. There have also been fan theories about Sylux actually being Samus' long lost younger brother Solomon. I know he only appeared in a Nintendo Power comic that is likely not canon, but it would be interesting.

The final boss is a Ridley-Metroid Fusion called Fission Ridley, who divides every time he gets hit and it ends with Samus vs a Ridley Army.

As a huge Metroid fan, I have never felt the need to play Federation Farce. The tone-deafness of its release worked against it. The prospect of playing as GF soldiers is cool, but a lazy chibi art style is not the way to go about it...

I know he only appeared in a Nintendo Power comic that is likely not canon, but it would be interesting.
It's 100% not canon, her parent's names, their jobs, what the Chozo were, even the general events all have been changed.
also youd think she'd mention having had one in the 20+ times she's listed off her family

Back