• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Having finished researching the Metroid Prime Trilogy (emphasis on Trilogy- I haven't finished Hunters yet, though that is what I'm currently working on), I think this is a good time to update the profiles' P&A sections. I will not be revising Samus, Metroids, Space Pirates and Ridley, because they've got many more appearances and I want to be 100% done, and Dark Samus, because I think the revisions to her profile will probably warrant their own thread. I will also not be revising the Luminoth, because to be frank that is a lot of work and extrapolation for a profile I don't have interest in working on. Sandbox is here, I will be quickly describing some of the notable changes, both additions and removals, but I do recommend looking for yourself.

The Corruption Hunters​

Rundas, Ghor and Gandrayda, putting them together because there isn't really much to them.
  1. Tiers don't change besides an addition of "far higher with Hypermode".
  2. Everyone gets resistances to Samus' stuff, Ghor and Rundas only get some as "likely", because the only time you see it is when fighting a transformed Gandrayda, and we don't know her mechanics 100%
  3. All of them gain NPI for Hypermode because Samus' is the only thing in her arsenal that can hurt a specific energy enemy. They lose Invulnerability listed because Invul has much stricter standards than it did in 2017, and they don't qualify for them (It's just a very good defense amp).
  4. Rundas loses Regeneration (Which has no sources or reasoning), Resistance to Phazon (The reason he doesn't get corrupted by Phazon is because he's already been corrupted by it) and Mind Manipulation (There's an argument that Rundas is briefly regaining control when beaten, to take his own life, but I think it's also possible he's just losing control of his powers- notably, he seems more confused than anything. Either way it's too ambiguous for a power, IMO. Rundas also gains Platform Creation and Pseudo-Flight (Via the Frozone thing he does), Bodily Weaponry because he attacks with the weird hand things he has, Flight and Teleportation (Has a gunship, and ships in metroid have warp/hyperspace tech), Weapon Creation for his ability to create his armor, Danmaku and Homing Attack for his attacks.
  5. Ghor gains a bunch of P&A based on attacks he didn't have listed, loses nothing
  6. Gandrayda loses High-Mid regeneration because again, I just don't know what that could even be from, gains a bunch of P&A off her transformations.

Phazon​

Kind of a mess- it's almost a hybrid between a power page and a character profile, and also lacks scans. The revised version only lists abilities that Phazon actually affects people with, rather than what it can gift them, since that is very case by case. I don't mind also indexing what it can do in only certain occasions, like the Phazon virus or its ability to create stuff like Thardus when modified by Space Pirates, but as the profile is it doesn't really work. Here's a few other things.
  1. "Somehow, prior to the events of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Dark Samus' strain of Phazon managed to digitize itself" - This isn't an inherent property of Phazon but just a specific version of it (possibly created by the space pirates), listing it as it is implies anyone with Hypermode and such can hack things with it- (It's listed as Data Manipulation right now, but it would just be Hacking)
  2. Phazite is not a forcefield but just a solid version of Phazon.
  3. Portal Creation/Reality Warping/Intangibility are all caused by a unique reaction between Aether's ecosystem and Phazon- it's not something Phazon can do on its own. It'd be like giving Explosion and Fire Manipulation to anyone with water manip because this is what happens when it gets mixed with sodium hydride.
  4. "Negation of Psychic and Precognitive abilities" has no justification but I think it comes from the Chozo's precog no longer working after the Leviathan's impact. This, however, is from the US version of Metroid Prime's lore, which has been replaced by the NTSC/Trilogy scripts that make no mention of it.
Phazon also gains Poison Manipulation and Corrosion, it's stated to be highly poisonous multiple times and to also make up Dark Aether's atmosphere/water, which is both toxic and corrosive.

Ing, Emperor Ing, Quadraxis (and also Luminoth technically)​

So I touched on the fact that I don't want to revise the Luminoth but the Ing scale off them so this has to be addressed anyways: their 5-B rating ("The Luminoth survived the impact on the temple grounds from the Leviathan") is very flawed. First off, Even if it did directly make contact with the Luminoth, there'd be surface area to take into account which would lower the rating a lot, but that doesn't matter because nothing says the Leviathan actually made contact with the Temple Grounds- it just struck the planet in some undisclosed location and then vanished, that's all we know. Even if it did, we know they went into hiding and shielded their dwellings as much as they could. Even if they were unlucky enough for those homes to be hit dead-on, the shield would probably have taken more of the impact than they did. So, Luminoth lose their ratings, and the Ing lose their scaling to them. I think higher tier Ings, as well as obviously Guardians can scale to Samus, we can see them hurting at least Varia Samus in a cutscene. So the 5-B rating stays, just not for every single one, only Warrior Ings and up. Besides that, the profiles are big enough that it'd be redundant to list every P&A change, they're mostly self-evident, I think, but feel free to ask.

Last edited:
Disagreed with your third point under phazon. Leviathans are born of Phaaze and they can naturally create portals before they target a planet to infect.

Disagreed with your third point. Leviathans are born of Phaaze and they can naturally create portals before they target a planet to infect.
Perhaps, but, that's a completely different method, mechanically speaking.
And we'd need to confirm if that's a universal property.

It is true, Leviathans do make wormholes, however generic Phazon cannot, it's just a specific ability of the Leviathans

Don’t really have much to say on the Prime 3 hunters section other than I agree with everything.

Phazon should keep its technology manip for corrupting Ghor and for having the capacity to corrupt the Aurora network if they weren’t shut down, though.

Agree with phazite but, it should still be noted in durability sections as “far higher” than normal durability, given its use in boss fights like Omega Ridley.

Even if it was a unique reaction, Phazon was still ultimately capable of splitting a planet’s energy in two and trapping half of it in the other dimension, so it should probably be noted somewhere.

The negation of psychic abilities I agree with removing, but does make me think maybe there could be a separate page or key for this North American lore (like the Toeiverse Dragon Ball profiles), since it also leads to potential things like infinite speed and 5-D range for Phazon.

Agree with normal Luminoth not being 5-B but the Keybearers and above should keep their rating, since they regularly fight Ing on their home turf in lore.

Phazon should keep its technology manip for corrupting Ghor and for having the capacity to corrupt the Aurora network if they weren’t shut down, though.
Ghor still has biological organs, could be that's what they corrupted. As for the Aurora network that's true but it's a specifically modified off-shoot of Phazon, not the original thing.
Agree with phazite but, it should still be noted in durability sections as “far higher” than normal durability, given its use in boss fights like Omega Ridley.
I think that's fair.
Even if it was a unique reaction, Phazon was still ultimately capable of splitting a planet’s energy in two and trapping half of it in the other dimension, so it should probably be noted somewhere.
I dunno it's like, it did do that but it's not really an inherent thing it can do on its own.
The negation of psychic abilities I agree with removing, but does make me think maybe there could be a separate page or key for this North American lore (like the Toeiverse Dragon Ball profiles), since it also leads to potential things like infinite speed and 5-D range for Phazon.
That'd be kinda cool, sure. I don't personally have interest in making it though.
Agree with normal Luminoth not being 5-B but the Keybearers and above should keep their rating, since they regularly fight Ing on their home turf in lore.
Yeah that's fair.

Last edited:
By the way I was linking to the wrong sandbox in the OP, my bad, that has been fixed, oops

Ghor still has biological organs, could be that's what they corrupted. As for the Aurora network that's true but it's a specifically modified off-shoot of Phazon, not the original thing.
In his boss fight the Hypermode expands throughout Ghor’s entire suit so, I think it’s fair to say it can expand into technology. Phazon also corrupted Helios, who is entirely mechanical.
I dunno it's like, it did do that but it's not really an inherent thing it can do on its own.
Some aspects of it apply to Prime 3, like how Phazon can terraform planets into Phaaze copies akin to how it created Dark Aether with a poisonous atmosphere (likely Phazon-originated). But I get what you mean, maybe it could be noted as working in scenarios akin to the Aether incident.
That'd be kinda cool, sure. I don't personally have interest in it though.
I guess I’ll think about it; then.

In his boss fight the Hypermode expands throughout Ghor’s entire suit so, I think it’s fair to say it can expand into technology. Phazon also corrupted Helios, who is entirely mechanical.
I think the Hypermode stuff is because it was modified by the Federation to, PED suit and all, but fair on Helios (and the rest of the SkyTown people), I'll add it in.
Some aspects of it apply to Prime 3, like how Phazon can terraform planets into Phaaze copies akin to how it created Dark Aether with a poisonous atmosphere (likely Phazon-originated). But I get what you mean, maybe it could be noted as working in scenarios akin to the Aether incident.
I think the terraforming is just Phazon growing over everything, not reality warping.

Skimming thru the Phazon sandbox and there doesn’t seem to be elements like the Phazon-induced muscle spasms/hallucinations the pirates in the Phazon mines from Metroid Prime 1 had.

I think those are just byproducts of radiation poisoning tbh.

I agree with the Corruption Hunter stuff, but what did Metroid Prime Remaster say about Chozo lore? I think that's the most recent version that would take priority over Prime Trilogy version. But I'd like to see what SomebodyData might say regarding that and basically the rest.

I agree with the Corruption Hunter stuff, but what did Metroid Prime Remaster say about Chozo lore? I think that's the most recent version that would take priority over Prime Trilogy version. But I'd like to see what SomebodyData might say regarding that and basically the rest.
The NA version hasn't be used or referenced since the initial release. Post NTSC, to Switch, have used the same translation.

Trilogy actually changes a bit of the NTSC stuff itself, but then yeah they just use Trilogy in Remastered (which I think makes no changes).

Alright, I'm done, I made a few other changes and fixes (Biggest one is adding a pre-phazon key for Ghor and Gandrayda. Rundas had one so no clue why they didn't), should hopefully all be good

Back