• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meteor downgrade

Many characters in the verse have a High Hypersonic speed for being able to react to a meteorite. But what if the meteor is slow? When the meteorite is already visible in the stratosphere, the news says that there are 21 minutes left before the fall. When the meteor loomed over the city and the Metal Knight's attack failed, there was just over a kilometer between the meteorite and the ground. Genos said that the collision was 33 seconds away at that time.
At the time of Saitama's arrival, there were 9 seconds left before the fall, and the position of the meteorite hardly changed. So should we rely on the speed of meteorites from the real world?

it's very rare that meteors travel at the correct speed in fiction, they're often much slower so we assume that they travel at correct speeds.

This only works when it doesn't contradict the manga. Here we have some evidence that the meteorite is not nearly as fast.

I thought just Metal Knight have that speed. Most of S Class scaling above Iaian, who have MHS speed for his own feat.

Yes, after raising Sonic to MHS, all the other characters also became MHS, but the verse can still refer to the meteor. I find this feat to be invalid.

And should the likes of Tanktop Master, Pri-Pri-Prisoner, Pig God and Drive Knight scale up to Iaian? That is, Iaian is a student of AS and its main feature is its incredible speed. It is because of her and skills that he claims to be in S class.
On the other hand, we have two brute-force fighters, one fat man who can eat anything, and a shape-shifting robot whose merchandise is probably well at odds with.
They don't need to be as fast to be in S class. By the same logic, we do not scale Tatsumaki to Flash, just because It is declared as the currently strongest member of the S class.

I think TTM's speed scale from Garou by surprising him with his speed and it is very likely that TTM is stronger than Garou physically, so it is safe to say that he should be somewhat comparable to Garou in speed as well, and for 3P, I'm not sure about his First key, but for the Second key the author has stated/implied that 3P now is far stronger than when he was before, to the point where he can defeat the monster as strong as DSK (He says "the monster as strong as DSK", but it is safe to say that the monster's speed should be scaled from DSK, too). So he should scale from DSK' speed. His First key should somewhat also scale from the second, though

And for Pig God? No idea, There's nothing connecting him to be MHS rather than just "Should be comparable to Genos and 3P". What do you think?

What did Garou show at the beginning of the story? Received damage from a class heroes (Golden Ball, Spring Mustachio) and fought only with a mountain of criminals and heroes up to A class. Then I fought TT and MB, which were not brought up as super fast monsters and scaled up to Garou.
I'm not even sure if Metal Bat has MHS in its base state. He managed to get hits from weaker opponents. Although with a fighting spirit, I think it is growing rapidly and can already scale to the desired level.
And as for the Pig God, I don't understand why it was awarded such speed at all. On good, it should be written in the profile "unknown". He loses to the Jaws,which could not do anything against Bang.

MB considered 3P as a slower one when the prisoner ran before him with turtle's speed that annoyed him, so I guess it is safe to say that his base speed should scale from 3P, He implied that he was faster than 3P. Garou could keep up with Genos in their fight, right? So why Garou's speed shouldn't scale from Genos? Garou was in his human form at the moment, though

And for Pig God again, I'm not sure. LOL

Pig God could somewhat keep up with Gums, who ripped off Genos'arm before he could react, So It is safe to say that PG's speed should be MHS? I guess?

I spoke not for the entire profile of Garou, but for His first key at the beginning of development.
I think 3P, TT and PG should not be as fast as indicated.
And in what circumstances did Genos lose his hand? Maybe a banal carelessness.
But I don't remember PG keeping up with Jaws in any way.

No. Garou at his beginning should still scale to himself when he fought Genos. Not to mention, he was in his weakened state, but still managed to keep up with a bloodlusted Genos, who intended to kill Garou without hesitation, not capture him. I can't say that Garou was really far stronger than when he first appeared. He could be stronger, but not outclasses he first appeared state. There is no evidence for that. What do you think again?

I mean If Garou had fought Post G4 Genos at his beginning, like when he fought TT. I can assure you that he could've given a better struggling against Genos. All we know is he was in his weakened state while fighting Genos.

Dunno why a weakened Garou with no significant power boosts at this point would be slower than a healthy Garou i.e. the one that fought TTM and MB.

Perhaps because his strength grows right in the middle of the battle, which has been noticed by many heroes. Wasn't it obvious when the injured Garou tore the Ripper apart, and before that, in a healthy state, he hadn't been able to overcome It so easily?

That was when he began his monsterization process. Human Garou hardly has AP-based reactive evolution feats.

Yeah, Sure. If Garou had to fight Genos at his peak condition (No sick, No fever, No serious injuries caused by Watchdogman, other heroes, and Saitama before, No poisoned, No Poor Vision, No Poor legs, etc), just like at the time he fought TTM and MB. I'm quite sure that Garou would stomp Genos. I mean I'm not sure whos gonna win in the fight if that happens, but like I said he should've given a much better capable while fighting Genos imo.

> No. Garou at his beginning should still scale to himself when he fought Genos.

Garou has had many battles since his introduction, and gets stronger with each battle. Even if he was weakened it would be a mistake to assume that Garou at the beginning of his arc is at least as strong as he was much, much later.

You're saying a 100% healthy Human Garou will be get stomped by an extremely weakened Human Garou?

LOL, I admitted that he must be stronger, but the gap between his Human's key shouldn't be that far.

Why does it make no sense when I said "Beginning Human Garou should also scale to himself (weakened state), who could keep up with a bloodlusted Genos at least"?

It really does make sense when I said " Beginning Human Garou (Hero Hunter Arc) should scale to a weakened Human Garou (Hero Association Arc, at the time he fought Genos).

BTW, Didn't Garou comment that if he is in healthy state, he would've stomped that bunch of A class heroes with zero effort, just like he did to some of them before? And We seen he was struggling against that bunch of A class heroes, Ridiculous. It is just because he has weakened at that time. Death Gatling also stated that he was really severely weakened and he was in bad condition.

Back