• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A guy with a bat fights a giant beetle (8/0/0)

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
Behold!​

Metal Bat, a Resident of S-City fighting an invader!​

Anub'arak, under orders to take over the city for the Scourge!​

OIP.NhXSMZFmrJ7SP5Un0g_vKgHaJd
2684767-000008.jpg

Speed is Equalized
Both are 6-A
They start 10 Meters away
and they Start in the center of S-City!​
Bad: 8
Anub'arak: 0
They beat Eachother to death: 0

Last edited:
You can't restrict Metal Bat from growing past 6-A, the fight cannot be added in this case.

"It is not fine to restrict abilities in a versus matchup, implicitly or expressly. Matches that are arranged this way should not be added to the character profiles, as they don't involve their full potential, and are only intended for casual entertainment.
  • An exception would be if the restricted ability/technique has a separate tier from the main one, and is one the character can consciously restrict themselves from using. In this case, the match can be added."
Metal Bat has no control over his growth, nor has he been shown to consciously restrict it. It's just something that happens as he fights. You should just say he starts at 6-A.

You can't restrict Metal Bat from growing past 6-A, the fight cannot be added in this case.

"It is not fine to restrict abilities in a versus matchup, implicitly or expressly. Matches that are arranged this way should not be added to the character profiles, as they don't involve their full potential, and are only intended for casual entertainment.
  • An exception would be if the restricted ability/technique has a separate tier from the main one, and is one the character can consciously restrict themselves from using. In this case, the match can be added."
Metal Bat has no control over his growth, nor has he been shown to consciously restrict it. It's just something that happens as he fights.
all right, would Metal Bat grow to AP stomp if fighting a 6-A?(or can we just say Sage was 6-A and call that his limit)

Woah

Is this a Bat-Beetle-Battle? That's a match-up I didn't see coming. I had no idea Anubarak was even tier 6 to begin with

Following

I can't 100% say how Metal Bat's growth will make him.

I feel like his growth depends on his opponent, since he didn't reach Tier 6 while fighting Garou or Elder Centipede. But that's just my personal opinion.

Woah

Is this a Bat-Beetle-Battle? That's a match-up I didn't see coming. I had no idea Anubarak was even tier 6 to begin with

Following
yeap, Anub'arak sits nice and pretty on being the only matchable 6-A Warcraft has lol

cause if you think I'm putting a guy with a 5-B sword against bloody anybody, or if you think I'm using Maiev in anything but an in-verse match, you are dead wrong.
I can't 100% say how Metal Bat's growth will make him.

I feel like his growth depends on his opponent, since he didn't reach Tier 6 while fighting Garou or Elder Centipede. But that's just my personal opinion.
makes sense, I already removed the stipulation and now the fun can begin

Anub'arak and Arthas together, killed Sapphiron, who downscales from 2.54 Petatons.

Metal Bat scales to 2.46 Petaton, though I say he's comparable but weaker since his higher scaling didn't happen until he was under resonance.

So Anub'arak while has a slightly higher AP/Dura start in the beginning, Metal Bat's growth can quickly close and surpass that gap. Although, he does have Life Manipulation/Absorption and stat reduction, which is a good way at helping against his stat increase. Along with Type 2 immortality, meaning Metal Bat can't permanently kill him. However, he doesn't have the regeneration necessary to put himself back together from being smashed to pieces so that'll still be a win con regardless.

I'm not familiar with this character to confidently state who would win based on this. I'll wait for more knowledge members of WoW before making any judgements here.

Anub'arak and Arthas together, killed Sapphiron, who downscales from 2.54 Petatons.

Metal Bat scales to 2.46 Petaton, though I say he's comparable but weaker since his higher scaling didn't happen until he was under resonance.

So Anub'arak while has a slightly higher AP/Dura start in the beginning, Metal Bat's growth can quickly close and surpass that gap. Although, he does have Life Manipulation/Absorption and stat reduction, which is a good way at helping against his stat increase. Along with Type 2 immortality, meaning Metal Bat can't permanently kill him. However, he doesn't have the regeneration necessary to put himself back together from being smashed to pieces so that'll still be a win con regardless.

I'm not familiar with this character to confidently state who would win based on this. I'll wait for more knowledge members of WoW before making any judgements here.
I mean I'm usually the only one both able and willing so I'll put down what Anub'arak can do

First of all: Anub'arak is a ******* tank, combining both his Immortality with Bat needing to stay the hell back from him once the Leeching Swarm is out, as that heals Anub'arak for about oh, I don't know... 30% of the way needed to kill him if not a little more then that. That's gonna lose Bat some valuable time against someone with infinite stamina

Second of all: Anub'arak has no problems with Summoning minions to aid him, while Bat can and probably will completely wreck any minion sent his way since they downscale from Anub'arak, they can still deal damage(including with teleporting attacks) and are distractions

Third of all: Bat preferably needs to dodge, especially when Anub'arak throws out Freezing Slash, I doubt Bat will be very healthy when he's repeatedly in a block of Ice for 3 seconds when Anub'arak is already throwing out borderline undodgeable heavy cold-aligned attacks his way.

Basically, Bat needs to beat down Anub'arak twice to put him down for good if he can't stay far enough away from Anub'arak during his Leeching Swarmyness

I feel like freezing anyone for 3 seconds regardless of who they feels like a NFL. Metal Bat's Lifting Strength is vastly higher than anything Anub'arak has. And the freezing can't be internal since that would also be instant death. Though being hit by repeated cold attacks will eventually stack up and could kill as he lacks resistance to cold. It's just that I don't think he can be always be restrained in block of ice, he should be able to break it once he gets stronger.

It also doesn't take long for Metal Bat to enter one shotting range, since after getting hit by Senior Centipede for a little bit he was able to one shot him. While Anub'arak can survive those attacks due to his immortality, Metal Bat can quickly reduce him to just pieces on the floor that cannot regenerate. Metal Bat can take lots of punishment as well, so I imagine he can tough it long enough for him to eventually become strong enough that he'll tears apart limbs with every attack.

30% health doesn't mean much since he can't technically kill him in the first place, but will blow apart chunks out of his body in one strike.

Anub'arak win cons here is outlasting Metal Bat with Infinite Stamina, freezing him to death, draining his life down to nothing, or melting with acid.

Metal Bat's win con is beating him until Anub'arak is nothing but chunks on the floor and cannot fight anymore.

I feel like this depends on how well you know both characters. Can Anub'arak take Metal Bat down before he can bring him down by growing strong enough? I know a good deal about Metal Bat, but I know nothing (Outside of the profile) about how Anub'arak more vastly varied abilities would effect him.

I want to say Metal Bat can tough it out long enough to pull out a win but that's just bias speaking since I know him better. Not okay with voting based on that.

I don't know how likely that is compared to Anub'arak taking him down with his abilities.

I feel like freezing anyone for 3 seconds regardless of who they feels like a NFL. Metal Bat's Lifting Strength is vastly higher than anything Anub'arak has. And the freezing can't be internal since that would also be instant death. Though being hit by repeated cold attacks will eventually stack up and could kill as he lacks resistance to cold. It's just that I don't think he can be always be restrained in block of ice, he should be able to break it once he gets stronger.

It also doesn't take long for Metal Bat to enter one shotting range, since after getting hit by Senior Centipede for a little bit he was able to one shot him. While Anub'arak can survive those attacks due to his immortality, Metal Bat can quickly reduce him to just pieces on the floor that cannot regenerate. Metal Bat can take lots of punishment as well, so I imagine he can tough it long enough for him to eventually become strong enough that he'll tears apart limbs with every attack.

30% health doesn't mean much since he can't technically kill him in the first place, but will blow apart chunks out of his body in one strike.

Anub'arak win cons here is outlasting Metal Bat with Infinite Stamina, freezing him to death, draining his life down to nothing, or melting with acid.

Metal Bat's win con is beating him until Anub'arak is nothing but chunks on the floor and cannot fight anymore.

I feel like this depends on how well you know both characters. Can Anub'arak take Metal Bat down before he can bring him down by growing strong enough? I know a good deal about Metal Bat, but I know nothing (Outside of the profile) about how Anub'arak more vastly varied abilities would effect him.

I want to say Metal Bat can tough it out long enough to pull out a win but that's just bias speaking since I know him better. Not okay with voting based on that.

I don't know how likely that is compared to Anub'arak taking him down with his abilities.
I mean Anub'arak would be healing said chunks lol

Regardless, considering Anub'arak's cold deals SOLID damage to those with already innate cold resistance, I don't doubt that he could freeze Bat to death fairly quickly

As for life drain, it's nothing really major unless Bat already can't take Anub'arak's attacks, but he can, so it'll just hurt a bit more which isn't a problem

As for the acid, it's not that strong, this ain't like poison where even something like Pufferfish poison can be survived very easily by literally anybody in the verse(that is to say, if it's from Warcraft and it does poison anything, it is VERY lethal), but Acid has no such scaling to my knowledge

(And the reason poison resistance isnt on any profile that doesnt have general resistances, it's not so much 'resist' as much as 'withstand')

I mean Anub'arak would be healing said chunks lo
He cannot, the highest regeneration I'm seeing on his profile is High-Low.

You'd have to make a CRT to give him a higher level of regeneration. If can do that then it really should be on his profile regardless.

He cannot, the highest regeneration I'm seeing on his profile is High-Low.

You'd have to make a CRT to give him a higher level of regeneration. If can do that then it really should be on his profile regardless.
You don't put regen levels on healing. It'd be coming from the Leeching Swarm.

Metal Bat also gets faster the more pumped up he is so at some point the bug isn't landing any hits and he has several AoE attacks to deal with the swarm so once the damage starts to pile up on the beetle there is little its High-Low regen can do.

His stamina isn't infinite but he can fight for extended periods of time like usual even if his bones are broken and he is losing gallons of blood.

I see this as either an incon or Sage Centipede 2: the return (low-High diff win for Metal Bat)

I think this because both have:
-incredible stamina and durability feats and tiers
-comparable starting AP (will get there in a bit)
-nice enough ways to regen (low regen vs those bugs) and tank each others' hits by whatever is on the other's kit.

The turning point (for me to see Metal taking, that is,) here is that...
Well, the main wincon for Anub'arak via damage is the ice, but seeing this "as would occur in the manga", seems to be just something that will be tanked/ignored by him who'll keep tackling any bugs in front or blitzing any swarm before tackling any bugs...
While the main wincon for Bat is to survive enough and eventually he'll insta-smash every summoned bug (probable) and survive enough once again so that he'll be ******* Anub'arak more than the bugs (who Bat would probably ignore eventually with his rage growing and growing) are sucking from Bat to heal the main bug, than if that's not enough (likely is, will get there right next) he gotta survive enough for his hits to Smash the main bug, and no more.
And I think it's likely that Bat will finish Anub'arak before needing to grow up to one-shot-AP-gap because that's... what he did against an impressive tank of this tier (the reason he's 6-A, btw)! Nobody could break into his exoskeleton? He grew AP up to its resistance (just by surviving) and tango'ed with him (who, I gotta add, had a better Regeneration than both Bat and Anub'arak) and kept going like this until he
won with Garou's help.

I think this last part of my arguments is kinda weak, but will leave it this way (if possible, voting for Bat, if not, voting incon) and go have dinner, as I wrote this as soon as I stepped home.
Hope I helped

All counted, I wonder if a match with some of the fuckier Warcraft 6-As would go well?

How haxxed is WOW, I know Lich King has some crazy stuff with his infection and soul manipulation
Haxless to Very High Hax, it's no haxlord verse, that's for sure.
I've just thought about him vs Phinks (hxh), who you have in mind, Archlich Kel'Thuzad? DK Arthas?
KT just mind controls or soul breaks or freezes or- you catch my drift.

DK Arthas is on the non-smurf 6-A list for a reason, and MB isn't jumping to 5-B any time soon

It's Tirion and Maiev I'm thinking about.

Ooooooooohh
I'd also love to know if he's not prepared, but Tirion seems a very nice match, Ashbringerless that is. Maiev seems like she'd stomp him (I haven't seen layered magic before, and her kit is actually amazing)
He just one-shots Illidan, that's why this wasn't a High 6-A match.

Tirion kinda needs the Ashbringer or he doesn't really function cause he exists and hasn't done much of anything.

Maiev is mostly just a skill magnet, and since a I don't think MB is comparable to Garou in skill that is an interesting match

Back