• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metal Gear Solid Speed Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lina Shields said:
Then the Mach 8.92 feat that he did should be considered an outlier then (as well as the Ocelot feat), as it heavily contradicts Snake's best speed feat, which caps out at Mach 3. Show me another calc (or two) from Snake that is able to reach those levels of speeds, and I will consider accepting the two calculations I have mentioned above.
That is my final answer for the topic regarding Snake's speed.
Snake has plenty of feats above Mach 8.92

Gray Fox, Vamp, Raiden, Olga are all meant to be superior to them and Snake has bested all of them in CQC. Just because calculations from those characters and confrontations don't wield Mach 8.92 doesn't mean we shouldn't use them. Also, Raiden too can block bullets at point-blank in MGS2.

Your people reasoning for these being outliers are frankly quite bad. We generally scale characters from their best feats in here, and in MGS2 Fodders performed the Mach 8.92 feat, and plenty of Super-fast characters in that game are canonically faster. Just cause those characters' feats of Super-Speed were calced at lower results, doesn't mean we shouldn't ignore the Tengu feat, as it's a consistent happening in gameplay. Rather, we should scale the characters upwards from it.

I fail to see it being an outlier. It is literally a game mechanic. Tengu Units block bullets at point-blank, and you have to defeat them to go through the game. And you do. Raiden faces off against hordes of Tengu Units and wins every single time, while both Vamp and Snake are portrayed as superior to him. Here is Raiden slicing through Tengu units who in-gameplay block your bullets.

Finally, during Raiden's fight with Fortune, he dodges legit beams of Lightning, as Forturne's Railgun is, per described in the game, "An electromagnetic Gun that fires bullets with magnetism. As a moveable conductor it uses plasma electrons to boost acceleration capabilities. (...) Evaluations exist that criticize it as unacceptable as a field weapon, Because of the hig risk of accidental discharge."

Here is Raiden dodging it , or at least moving at comparable speeds.

"An electromagnetic Gun that fires bullets with magnetism. As a moveable conductor it uses plasma electrons to boost acceleration capabilities. (...) Evaluations exist that criticize it as unacceptable as a field weapon, Because of the hig risk of accidental discharge."

I don't think that's lightning I'm pretty sure that's just how normal railguns work. I'll calc the Raiden feat later.

... Well, even if that is just a railgun, it's still a highly-advanced Sci-Fi Railgun, and certain railguns in real life reach speeds ofMach 16.943207. So for Raiden to dodge it is a big feat.

Matthew Schroeder said:
... Well, even if that is just a railgun, it's still a highly-advanced Sci-Fi Railgun, and certain railguns in real life reach speeds ofMach 16.943207. So for Raiden to dodge it is a big feat.
Well, considering that bullet dodging can be Superhuman+....

Yeah, Raiden when blocking with the sword will deflect the first two shots thrown at him, regardless of the distance. For the sake of gameplay, his deflecting breaks afterwards.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Dat Cat.

Well, someone calc how fast ripper mode is based on that video and apply it.
I did a quick comparison and it looks like Ripper Mode enhanced Blade mode is about 7.7 times faster than regular Blade Mode. With LordXcano's new calculations, this gives Raiden the highest speed he can react at Mach 693.8, making him Massively Hypersonic. This probably scales to Monsoon since Raiden fought him all the way in Ripper Mode and he could still dodge his Blade Mode attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back