• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mereoleona Vermillion vs Portgas D. Ace

I don't know how Mereoleona "burning fire" would interact with Ace

But sadly, Ace stamina stomps, Mereoleona eventually would burn herself

On the contrary, after Mereoleona gets his 5-C key, then she would be completely intangible to Ace so choose your poison, stomp for Ace or Stomp for Mereo

Edit: Also Mereoleona can reach between 600 petatons-1.2 exatons of AP and durability in her high 6-A Key while Ace is 4.5 petatons, but Mereoleona can't keep up the form forever and unless she is able to destroy Ace full body without leaving anything (extremely hard) she eventually burns herself

Last edited:
Not only Mereoleona is about 150 times stronger than Ace, she's also under revisions to become 5-C with Mana Intangibility (though she technically already has it), this match isn't needed

Pretty sure he got burned by Akainu the exact same way. If he could resist that via Haki, I doubt he would have been burnt in the first place

All that means is that Sakazuki is capable of neutralizing fire-based intangibility without needing to use Haki because on how the two powers interact.
Idk...the profile pretty much implies, heck, verbatim says he burned Ace because his magma is superior to his flames, no mention of stronger haki whatsoever.

Idk...the profile pretty much implies, heck, verbatim says he burned Ace because his magma is superior to his flames, no mention of stronger haki whatsoever.
I'm telling you that Sakazuki's Haki is better than Ace's. It's accepted.

The point is that normally, if they clashed and Sakazuki had weaker Haki than Ace or didn't use Haki at all while Ace did, he would not have been burned.

I'm telling you that Sakazuki's Haki is better than Ace's. It's accepted.

The point is that normally, if they clashed and Sakazuki had weaker Haki than Ace or didn't use Haki at all while Ace did, he would not have been burned.
I know haki hax has been accepted and that Akainu's > Ace's, but I frankly don't really care because that's not my point

The profile says he didn't use it against Ace and just burned him because of sheer superiority. I don't even remember Akainu using Haki against Ace back then either

The profile says he didn't use it against Ace and just burned him because of sheer superiority
No it did not. Read it again.

"Due to his magma being on a higher order than fire, he can consume and even burn up opposing flames, as well as neutralizes fire-based intangibility without the use of Haki"

Literally all this states is that Sakazuki's magma can interact with Ace's elemental intangibility without needing to use Haki, since normal attacks that don't use Haki can't hurt Ace.

All you have to do is click the link and you'll see that:

Since he has no physical form and instantly sets everything he touches on fire, it is impossible to damage him except with the ""magmag fruit" ability, which can burn even flames!

The reason "without the use of Haki" was included in Sakazuki's page was because of the quote above. It states that his attacks can flame-based negate elemental intangibility outside of Haki.

Supported by again, another one of the links in his profile that doesn't seem to been read.

No it did not. Read it again.

", as well as neutralizes fire-based intangibility without the use of Haki"
Due to his magma being on a higher order than fire, he can consume and even burn up opposing flames

literally says that's the reason why he burned him.

Due to his magma being on a higher order than fire, he can consume and even burn up opposing flames

literally says that's the reason why he burned him.
Yes. He burned Ace with his magma. He would not have been able to do so without Haki however due to Ace's layered resistance to the ability.

Yes. He burned Ace with his magma. He would not have been able to do so without Haki however due to Ace's layered resistance to the ability.
And that's the issue here, the profile clearly doesn't say anything about him only being able to do so thanks to Haki.

And once again, we're not even sure he used Haki against him.

Akainu himself brags about his DF being that much superior that it could burn even Ace, again, no mention of Haki being a factor, or even being used

And that's the issue here, the profile clearly doesn't say anything about him only being able to do so thanks to Haki.

And once again, we're not even sure he used Haki against him.

Akainu himself brags about his DF being that much superior that it could burn even Ace, again, no mention of Haki being a factor, or even being used
Epsilon, I don't think you're understanding my point.

Haki can resists and negate devil fruit abilities. Sakazuki's fire-based intangibility negation is an ability of his devil fruit, meaning Haki can resist it.

Black Clover vs One Piece battles

bruh…
You’re gonna find out the hard way why these matches are typically avoided.

The same way pre-time skip Mereoleona’s Fire can burn Fire. Is the same way Akainu’s magma can burn Fire.

Voting Mereoleona FRA.

Sakazuki has stronger Haki than Ace.

Irrelevant.

Akainu directly states Magma > Fire.

has nothing to do with Haki whatsoever. His devil fruit is simply superior.

The same way pre-time skip Mereoleona’s Fire can burn Fire. Is the same way Akainu’s magma can burn Fire.

Voting Mereoleona FRA.
Just saying that she has to burn every single part of his body akin to how Goku destroyed every part of Kid Buu to win

And she just punches, with equal speed, with Ace having observation Haki to predict her and being able to accelerate himself to be faster

So that is the main problem of why Ace can just stall and Mereoleona just burns herself in my opinion

Just saying that she has to burn every single part of his body akin to how Goku destroyed every part of Kid Buu to win

And she just punches, with equal speed, with Ace having observation Haki to predict her and being able to accelerate himself to be faster

So that is the main problem of why Ace can just stall and Mereoleona just burns herself in my opinion

Easy.
Mana Zone.
Nukes battlefield.
She also isn’t going to burn herself… what? By her own flames?

Irrelevant,

Not in character to spam attacks from tens of kilometers away.
He technically did fight on a range against blackbeard until he force a direct confrontation with his powers

Not in the kilometers because he was not a that range but the point is he would start with range attacks, if he wants to go physical would depend if he sees he is doing damage and he is not, with Haki he would also be extremely alert because he is sensing massive danger from her

Against Jinbe, Jinbe with water would counter any range attack, Akainu was irrelevant and he pissed of Ace, Kuzan it was a clash of powers at range and whitebeard all fights were on a ship and he is not gonna burn that or everyone dies in the sea

And I don't know his novel fights

You spent a lot of time discussing on range when you started with Ace not spamming attacks from kilometers away. Mereoleona also fights from range. There. Happy?

Ace won’t know he’d be burned anyways. Being on alert won’t save him. He faces threats head on.

Anyways, mana zone, AOE, nuke.

Back