• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Meliodas
2568736-post timeskip luffy 339x600
Round 1: Unsealed Base Meliodas vs. Dressrosa Arc Luffy
Round 2: Unsealed Demon Meliodas vs. Whole Cake Island Arc Luffy, Gear 4th has no time limit

Speed Equalized

Who wins and why?

Meliodas eats luffy for breakfast, luffy is only match for him in G4, which he cannot maintain for enough time to take Meliodas down so... In the end, the captain of the Seven wins.

^plus meliodas has better healing and black flames are pretty nasty too, evenif he cant reflect luffys attacks it wont mean that he cant dodge, and even if we say that he cant dodge, there is still revenge counter after recieving enough injuries :)

I wanna go with Luffy here but he can only match Meliodas with Gear 4, which at the moment doesn't last that long. He also has regen so any attack Luffy can dish out, he can regen. I'd probably say this is kinda unfair for Luffy, but that's just me.

I just want to say, if we're using Base Meliodas, Base Luffy is also High 7-A and Small Island+ with Gear 4th.

Meliodas has Full Counter and Revenge counter, but i believe the Former might be useless on Luffy if Full Counter is going to reflect the blunt force of Luffy's strikes.

Meliodas will have to use his blade + enchantments if he is going to hurt Luffy since punches and kicks would be next to useless.

With Gear 4th, Luffy COULD win, but that's if Meliodas can't hold his own long enough for Luffy to start weakening.

I have to agree that Meliodas will win due to his endurance and potential to win via Revenge Counter should it come to that last resort, but this is a close fight due to Luffy's pre-cognition.

it would of been more fare to luffy if this was sealed Meliodas rather then unsealed, because of that I will give my vote to Meliodas because of already mentioned reasons. I will say that he does have potential but its slim depending on how much he can deal.

Dressrosa luffy or Gear fourth Luffy? Because it was gear fourth that destoryed a part of Dressrossa not normal luffy. Sealed Melodas can also destroy a city if he so desired. their both generally equals with only some differences in different states.

@JBennett - Luffy tanked a Small Island level attack in base while he was fighting against Fujitora and he was proving to be a challenge for the Admiral with Gear 3rd.

Luffy's Dressrosa stats are: "Small Island level, Probably Higher with Gear 4th"

Luffy wins round 1, Meliodas stomps round 2. Luffy has no counter to revenge counter, full counter or hellblaze. Also Meliodas can regenerate, while Luffy can't

Faisal Shourov said:
Luffy wins round 1, Meliodas stomps round 2. Luffy has no counter to revenge counter, full counter or hellblaze. Also Meliodas can regenerate, while Luffy can't
Luffy has no reason to counter full counter since his only attacks are just physical blows which full counter doesn't work on. Also why exactly is round 2 so different than round 1? The only difference is hellblaze, and it's not like Luffy is haxless he does have precog and and an immunity to basic physical attacks. The latter of which isn't gonna help but this is by no means a hax stomp.

I'm still keeping my vote for meliodas for both Rounds while round 2 would give Luffy the best chance for him, the amount of damage Meliodas can dish out in so liitle time would be too much for Luffy to handle in a long battle.

The only reason Meliodas lost to the 10 commandments is because of esterosa's commandment when he used Reveng Counter. Even if their speed is equilized theirs only so much Luffy can tank, even with his high resistance to blunt attacks it'll only be a matter of time beffore the sheer strength over take that defence and the fact that Meliodas is far more powerful with his sacred Blade gives Luffy an even larger dissavantage even his Haki would loose out in the long run with just how many attack Meliodas can send in just a couple seconds.

And thats without Meliodas's Hellblaze and darkness power with those included it would be a nightmare for Luffy If Meliodas was serious about killing him. Luffy can win if he went full out before Meliodas.

In terms of states their mostly equals in both Rounds so the only thing that would give them the edge would be durability which dispit the states I would give to Meliodas simply becuase of how much he was able to content with multiple apponents similar to his level. Even with Gear fourth in round one its not something that Meliodas hasn't delt with in his life so he can handle taking the damage long enough just to wait out till Luffy tires out.

@CinCameron20 Meliodas is capable of cutting a mountin in half with a stick and thats in his sealed form, he's far more powerful with a wepon then he is without which give Luffy a dissavantage during the fight.

^Fair enough

Current Votes with new conditions

Meliodas-1 vote in R1, 1 vote in R2

Luffy-0 vote in R1, 0 votes in R2

SuperKamiNappa said:
Luffy has no reason to counter full counter since his only attacks are just physical blows which full counter doesn't work on. Also why exactly is round 2 so different than round 1? The only difference is hellblaze, and it's not like Luffy is haxless he does have precog and and an immunity to basic physical attacks. The latter of which isn't gonna help but this is by no means a hax stomp.
Luffy doesn't have immunity to physical attacks, he's resistant. With immunity you're implying NLF such as Luffy can tank punches from Superman.

Luffy has no way to kill Meliodas, while Meliodas can kill Luffy

L011

Faisal Shourov said:
SuperKamiNappa said:
Luffy doesn't have immunity to physical attacks, he's resistant. With immunity you're implying NLF such as Luffy can tank punches from Superman.
Luffy has no way to kill Meliodas, while Meliodas can kill Luffy

L011
First of all, Meliodas can't be killed in the long run but he can still be "killed" for a decent time after all Estarossa put him under for a couple months. Even if Luffy couldn't kill Mel he doesn't nessesarily need too, he could theoretically BFR Mel or incapacitate him.

Also I fail to see what your picture is trying to prove.

^Luffy has Island level durability and it's not like Luffy doesn't also have island level attack potency so it really isn't anything special. Mel has been knocked out, and even temporarily killed by others his level so I don't see why Luffy couldn't do that. It's not like Luffy has no way to put Mel down.

SuperKamiNappa said:
^Luffy has Island level durability and it's not like Luffy doesn't also have island level attack potency so it really isn't anything special. Mel has been knocked out, and even temporarily killed by others his level so I don't see why Luffy couldn't do that. It's not like Luffy has no way to put Mel down.
No, Luffy has small island level durability. Meliodas is regular island level. Please read the profiles

Meliodas wins because he's faster, better AP, better durability and much superior hax. Meliodas stomps for that reason

Faisal Shourov said:
SuperKamiNappa said:
No, Luffy has small island level durability. Meliodas is regular island level. Please read the profiles
Meliodas wins because he's faster, better AP, better durability and much superior hax. Meliodas stomps for that reason
Small Island Level. Likely Island Level with Gear 4th (Incapacitated Cracker with a simple Kong Gu)

That's what it says on Luffy's page. Really the only hax Mel has that would be useful is Regenerationn and I'm not even sure if can use it in Round 1.

SuperKamiNappa said:
Small Island Level. Likely Island Level with Gear 4th (Incapacitated Cracker with a simple Kong Gu)
That's what it says on Luffy's page. Really the only hax Mel has that would be useful is Regenerationn and I'm not even sure if can use it in Round 1.

You're ignoring the fact that Meliodas is 2x faster than Luffy, and Luffy literally can't do anything about hellblaze. Melidoas is MHS+, while Luffy is at least MHS.

Faisal Shourov said:
SuperKamiNappa said:
You're ignoring the fact that Meliodas is 2x faster than Luffy, and Luffy literally can't do anything about hellblaze. Melidoas is MHS+, while Luffy is at least MHS.
Speed equalized, what does hellblaze give Meliodas beyond just range? I don't recall it having any property that ignores durability and Meliodas's profile doesn't say it does. If your trying to say Meliodas can win by staying at a distance than I concede but oterwise I fail to see what the big deal about hellblaze is? It nulifies regen but that won't help against Luffy because he doesn't have any to begin with.

I'm curious can someone show me Luffy tanking a hit that has been shown to destory an Island? And I do mean actually show me in the seires not just say that he can.

JBennett said:
I'm curious can someone show me Luffy tanking a hit that has been shown to destory an Island? And I do mean actually show me in the seires not just say that he can.
No, but from my understanding physical strength automatically scales to durability, and luffy has island level striking strength.

@Faisel - I'm not arguing against your vote - in fact i agree that Meliodas wins due to versatility and over-all more impressive stats... 14 GT vs Luffy's scaling stats from Base and Cracker.

We had this discussion about Base Luffy vs Gear 4th Luffy durability. The gap between Luffy's base and Gear 4th Durability has been shown to be very large in difference due to his harmonization between his Armament and his rubber body.

Doflamingo, while Injured, used Ham-string on base Luffy, who blocked with both arms clad in haki, but was sent flying, and would've continued flying for what seemed to be several kilometers before he could even try to stop himself. Doflamingo, against Gear 4th, used Ham-string on Luffy once more, who completely deflected the attack and was completely unaffected by it. Ham-string is similar to Doflamingo's Goshikito cutting ability (but for his kicks), but it got completely repelled. Also, Luffy's fist was not harmed by Doflamingo's 16 Holy Bullets, which were pointed and imbued with haki.

Luffy's defenses against blunt force increases due to the re-inforcement from haki in Gear 4th, and his overall defenses increase as a result due to the haki working in conjunction with his rubbery body.

But back onto the topic of the fight:

Meliodas has Regenerationn, Revenge Counter (should he be on the losing end), several enchantments, and a solid calc that puts him comfortably at Island level.

Luffy may have resistance to heat, electricity, and blunt force (the latter two being considerably higher than his resistance to heat), but he doesn't currently have anything to counter Meliodas' superior defensive and offensive versatility over him. And both have Psuedo flight.

Round 1: Luffy stomps... at least Small Island+ with Gear 4th vs a City level version of Meliodas... >_>

Round 2: Varies depending on if we're using current Meliodas stats vs his assumed full "blood-lusted" power. Current stats, he wins with fairly close to extreme difficulty.

CinCameron20 said:
@Faisel - I'm not arguing against your vote - in fact i agree that Meliodas wins due to versatility and over-all more impressive stats... 14 GT vs Luffy's scaling stats from Base and Cracker.
We had this discussion about Base Luffy vs Gear 4th Luffy durability. The gap between Luffy's base and Gear 4th Durability has been shown to be very large in difference due to his harmonization between his Armament and his rubber body.

Doflamingo, while Injured, used Ham-string on base Luffy, who blocked with both arms clad in haki, but was sent flying, and would've continued flying for what seemed to be several kilometers before he could even try to stop himself. Doflamingo, against Gear 4th, used Ham-string on Luffy once more, who completely deflected the attack and was completely unaffected by it. Ham-string is similar to Doflamingo's Goshikito cutting ability (but for his kicks), but it got completely repelled. Also, Luffy's fist was not harmed by Doflamingo's 16 Holy Bullets, which were pointed and imbued with haki.

Luffy's defenses against blunt force increases due to the re-inforcement from haki in Gear 4th, and his overall defenses increase as a result due to the haki working in conjunction with his rubbery body.

But back onto the topic of the fight:

Meliodas has Regenerationn, Revenge Counter (should he be on the losing end), several enchantments, and a solid calc that puts him comfortably at Island level.

Luffy may have resistance to heat, electricity, and blunt force (the latter two being considerably higher than his resistance to heat), but he doesn't currently have anything to counter Meliodas' superior defensive and offensive versatility over him. And both have Psuedo flight.

Round 1: Luffy stomps... at least Small Island+ with Gear 4th vs a City level version of Meliodas... >_>

Round 2: Varies depending on if we're using current Meliodas stats vs his assumed full "blood-lusted" power. Current stats, he wins with fairly close to extreme difficulty.
Unsealed Base Meliodas is Small island level not city level.

JBennett said:
Base Luffy scales to Fujitora's Ferocious Tiger, which resulted in over 1.4 GT of force if violent fragmentation is used (4+ using Pulverization... it's definitely not pulverization, though). He tanked the attack without receiving so much as a scratch - he was simply blown away several hundred meters and was perfectly fine. Luffy's AP scales to his Durability since he can hurt people like Fujitora.

calc

Cracker was deflecting Haki-imbued 3rd and 2nd gear strikes and was easily beating Base Luffy. He was practically stomping him. He scales to being "At least Small Island Level".

Luffy's Hawk attacks and Elephant gu were easily over-powered by Cracker, but Luffy ended up One-shotting him with a Kong Gun (even if he gets back up, Luffy still has KKG, which is several times stronger than Kong Gun, which is at least a few times stronger than his Elephant Gun, which sent Fujitora backwards).

@Super - oh, well you don't have to quote and make the message wall so much larger :D

I still vote for Luffy due to superior stats over Base Meliodas.

well can you show me him destroying an island then and not when he send Doflamingo into the underground of Dressrossa thats not really Island but rather city level ,even then the city they were at was already damage because of what happening to it so you can't say that Luffy along did that but I will consing to that. Even then it was something that Luffy had to evolv his KOng gun towards another level just to do so to say that his Base level of Gear fourth is at Island level would be a stretch. unless you can actually show me him actually destroying an Island not scaled from an attack.

For example it is shown that Meliodas can casually destroy Danafor when he lost to his wrath and base on what was shown he could destroy even bigger targets if he so desiered so to say that we have an idea what he can do would be incorecct.

okay while il'l admit that I'm okay with scaleing, sometime just seeing the character actually do the level of damage that they are said to be able to do has far more impact then scaling and calculateing. I am not saying that Luffy's weak by any means but that the amount of damage that Meliodas has shown to give and tank is something that will be a problem for Luffy in the long run since he's not as experience as meliodas. Meliodas is shown takeing easily city level attack and only comeing out of it with minor damage when compared to the sheer destruction that it shows. for a rough comparison Meliodas was able to take damage that was thirty times the size that he took during the first time he used Reveng Counter and this was something that the people in Liones was able to feel of miles away(Granted I don't know the exact details I'll admit to that)

@JBennett - Destroying an Island does not make someone have Island-level AP . Being able to harm an island level character makes them have Island level AP.

Luffy's KKG can not exactly be used to justify his AP for 2 main reasons:

1) His attack was mitigated by Doflamingo's attack and it wasn't the punch itself that made the hole in Dressrosa - Doflamingo's body being thrown downward created the hole, not Luffy's fist.

2) Calculating that feat is strange. there have been a few attempts resulting between MCB~City~Small Island~Higher levels (it got ridiculous on other wikis). The size of the up-lifted ground is pretty inconsistent in a few panels and we have not actually seen a direct view of the destroyed area. Don't get me started on the up-lift of the ground itself.

Both rounds to Meliodas thanks to Flying (he should be able to do it since fodder demons can fly with black matter), Regen, and Revenge Counter if things get desperate. The first scenario is pretty even, to be honest.

@PaChi2 - Luffy can use Pseudo-Flight in Gear 4th <_<. Revenge Counter seems fairly over-hyped especially since Estarossa stopped it with one hand, Derierie didn't seem concerned about it at all (same with Zeldris), and the only two people who looked absolutely terrified were: the burnt jerky (Merascylla) and Fraudrin... who are safe to be assumed as the weakest commandments.

Regen isn't a factor for Meliodas in Round 1 since he is restricted to base and Luffy has pre-cognition due to CoO.

Luffy wins Round 1 with superior stats and resistance to heat/blunt force.

Also, now that i remembered: does Full Counter and Revenge Counter only repel abilities? if so, i think that if Luffy is using punches and kicks, that practically nullifies Full Counter and Revenge Counter. Looking back, i've seen Meliodas only use his counters to repel enemy abilities and never against physical strikes.

CinCameron20 said:
Luffy wins Round 1 with superior stats and resistance to heat/blunt force.
Luffy in round one is only stronger in his gear fourth mode and even then its still a limit because he's still not use to it thats why he was. if you actaully read the states during the level that is stated for each round you notice that they are equals with the exception that luffy gear fourth is stronger then Meliodas in his unsealed base even then meliodas is able to take that level damage even without his demon powers. Blunt forece aside his heat resistance is only shown to be able to resiste somewhat from punk hazard while hellblaze is far hotter then normal flames and they doen't go out by normal means so if he gets hit by it sooner or later he will die.

When Meliodas used Revenger Counter during the whole encounter with the ten Commanments it is implied that without Esterrosa being there with his commandment they would of been in danger even MOnspet said "this is not good." Revend counter takes in all the damage he takes durign a battle including physical and repells it back so revenge counter is not out of the question full full counter is even then meliodas is a swordman so with his Sacrad tresure luffy is at a dissavantage because of the ranger meliodas has with it.

@JBennett - it was implied that all of the commandments would have suffered by Revenge Counter, but in no way was it implied that they would all be mortally wounded/killed by it.

Fraudrin and Mecasylla were the only ones shown completely terrified, Monspeit/Dolor/Gloxina were mildly~moderately worried about the attack, Graylord is an unknown, Zeldris and Estarossa were almost content. I'm certain that only 2 would have died, and most of the rest would have been at least temporarily incapacitated while Derierie/Zeldris/Estarossa would've been the ones remaining perfectly fine, but that's pure speculation from their reactions towards the attack.

About range: Luffy has vastly superior range. He can stretch for at least a few kilometers with his rubbery body, and his Haoshoku Haki has a range exceeding a few kilometers as shown during his fight against Doflamingo.

Luffy's only main concern would be avoiding Meliodas' blade since punches and kicks would be next to useless. He has pre-cognition, which will help him in avoiding surprise attacks from Meliodas like his hellblaze enchantment, which honestly has no real feats.

I stand by Base Meliodas being defeated by Dressrosa Luffy, but Demon Meliodas has more of a variety of capabilities and superior stats, so Whole-Cake Luffy wont be able to take the victory without some sort of handicap.

Back