• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'am gonna go with luffy for scenario 1 although I would say meliodas does have better durability feats. Luffy still does have gear 4th in dressrosa and as stated superior range that which full/revenge counter would be useless. I do believe luffy will have a hard time injuring meliodas in his base form/gear 2nd and gear 3rd is too slow. I would say all in all meliodas has superior physical stats and good swordsmanship and the regen may prove a problem but luffy does have pre cog; so i guess it would be a stalemate( slightly towards meliodas). However I do believe a healthy luffy using gear 4th should be more than enough to take it.

For scenario 2 not much to say Meliodas takes it for reasons above gear 4th Luffy may have a chance due to him being a more intelligent fighter and Meliodas losing all train of thought in demon form. Although demon meliodas has better range, regen, and durability.

Burning Full Fingers said:
So if Luffy wins Round 1 and Meliodas wins Round 2, will it be added as inconclusive or what?
No i think we should re-do the thread on conditions for each combatant that we can accurataly conclude on.Any opinions?

Luffy should still be capable of winning both rounds now (several alterations of both profiles since then).

Full Counter from Meliodas is shown to be only capable of reflecting abilities, while Estarossa is the one capable of reflecting physical strikes.

Luffy holds the advantage in terms of abilities, since Meliodas has much lower range. Luffy also has a level of resistance to blunt and heat-based attacks. He also uses punches/kicks/headbutts in his fighting style, which Meliodas can not reflect. Also, while Luffy's rubbery body leaves him somewhat vulnerable to cutting attacks, his Armament haki was capable of stopping a piercing/cutting attack from Doflamingo.

While Doflamingo had a massive disadvantage against Meliodas due to his devil fruit power being nullified by Full Counter, Luffy does not have to worry about such a thing since he is kit for physical attacks alone. With his resistance to blunt force and heat supporting him, he can take this fight.

Luffy wins mid~high difficulty due to the nature of his powers, haki, and range.

CinCameron20 said:
Luffy should still be capable of winning both rounds now (several alterations of both profiles since then).
Full Counter from Meliodas is shown to be only capable of reflecting abilities, while Estarossa is the one capable of reflecting physical strikes.

Luffy holds the advantage in terms of abilities, since Meliodas has much lower range. Luffy also has a level of resistance to blunt and heat-based attacks. He also uses punches/kicks/headbutts in his fighting style, which Meliodas can not reflect. Also, while Luffy's rubbery body leaves him somewhat vulnerable to cutting attacks, his Armament haki was capable of stopping a piercing/cutting attack from Doflamingo.

While Doflamingo had a massive disadvantage against Meliodas due to his devil fruit power being nullified by Full Counter, Luffy does not have to worry about such a thing since he is kit for physical attacks alone. With his resistance to blunt force and heat supporting him, he can take this fight.

Luffy wins mid~high difficulty due to the nature of his powers, haki, and range.
Looks like we are coming at a compromise. Personally I do not know how G4 luffy would handle demon form meliodas in scenario 2 who has superior range and better stats all around? The only thing Luffy has that will help is maybe haki not too mention luffy's stats are powerscaled from cracker( in which he did received help to defeat) while Meliodas actually has apparent island level feats.

Luffy isn't powerscaled from Cracker, it is the other way around. Luffy powerscales from defeating Doflamingo and taking hits from Fujitora while in base.

What do you mean about Meliodas having superior range? the radius of his largest scale attack was only a couple kilometers. Luffy's haki and body can stretch much further than that.

I don't know where most of you are getting your "meliodas has superior stats than luffy" when that's clearly not the case.

Luffy has the physical advantage due to his fruit, and he has much more stamina as compared to Meliodas, who could only hold out in a serious fight for several minutes before losing his demonic powers. If there is no set battleground, we're to assume it takes place in central park. Luffy has the advantage in that sense as well due to CoO.

Meliodas can not use full counter, blunt hits are near-useless, and cutting attacks are mitigated by Luffy's haki, not to mention that flame-based attacks would do little good against Luffy, who can use his own arms to generate flames under water.

Meliodas destroy Luffy, his feats are far more impressive than Luffy.

Meliodas use " Purgatory flames " or hellfire, not regular flame, same flames which can scar an immortal such as Ban forever.

Luffy can't deal with that, he is weak against fire and sword attack, Meliodas's slash sword is too much when he combine that with his hell fire, deal with it.

Meliodas can still use revenge counter, the last version of his full counter which is his best attack, He can let Luffy damage him to the point that he store enough energy to one shot it.

Yes, Meliodas's stats are superior than Luffy currently, the dude is 60000 in base, in base, he is as powerfull as Estarossa, who is easily Island level character, Luffy need his strongest attack to be Island level, there is a huge difference here.

I like how people think that Escanor can beat Luffy but not Meliodas ? Lmao.

Prime Meliodas is far stronger than Escanor. He is the strongest of the NNT verse so far.

Meliodas should stomp Luffy pretty hard. His magic and fighting style both trump Luffy on top of having better physicals and support powers like flight and regen.

And darkness demonic attack which can erase a whole city with 30000 feet deep. Luffy can't do shit if Meliodas is bloodlusted.

I think Meliodas would win simply for his regen in this fight since everything else seems rather equal on both sides.

HalfAsianFan said:
@CinCameron20 Ad hominem isn't cool.
That being said, when did it say the pit was 30,000 feet deep?
http://mangalife.org/read-online/Nanatsu-No-Taizai-chapter-113-page-16.html http://mangalife.org/read-online/Nanatsu-No-Taizai-chapter-113-page-17.html that was that attack : http://*********.com/Manga/Nanatsu-...e-Vampires-of-Edinburgh-Part-003?id=224843#28 Keep in mind that all of that was casual for Meliodas, he made a 30000 feet deep with a casual attack without his full power, so imagine when he goes all out ?

WilliamShadow said:
I think Meliodas would win simply for his regen in this fight since everything else seems rather equal on both sides.
Regenerationn + revenge counter which can atomize Luffy with ease if he launch it.

All he need was to take enough damages to charge a powerful magical attack which will implose Luffy from the inside as he done that against Hendrickson, that is why the chance of survival against revenge counter is 0.2% according to Gowther ( who is like a computer lol ).

Meliodas is also a demon too, he can steal his soul if he wish too + can use purgatory flame which can't be pull out by conventional means, he will vaporize if he get caugh.

Luffy is a character i know would stand a chance against meliodas mostly because he don't have attacks meliodas can't reflect but thanks to the fact meliodas can't die and his demon powers.

Drethunder19 said:
Luffy is a character i know would stand a chance against meliodas mostly because he don't have attacks meliodas can't reflect but thanks to the fact meliodas can't die and his demon powers.
Luffy has no counter against Meliodas' hellblaze, which vaporized Danafor. If Luffy tries to get in range he will be roasted worse than he was roasted by Akainu

With current standings Luffy should win high diff His base form alone was already large island+ And seriously guys mel's hell blaze wont vaporize him. It sure have island level AP but Redhawk's flame ignited under 10k deep sea and successfully burned stomach of a Large island-Small country level character, yet it didnt burn Luffy's hand at all. Not mention one piece characters have very high resistance against explosion and flames. That's only basw luffy. g4 is way more durable Regenerationn have limit, and Luffy didnt have to kill to win. He can blast mel away with Tankman cannonball

Back