• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megami Tensei - The Expansive, Collective CRT Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's litterally arguing from incredubility

the story is about fighting litteral reality warping demons and gods, so your intenpretation of intent has no basis

furthermore, the time travel argument makes no sense, as to time travelyou just need to go faster than light, so your logic make no character able to be rated as FTL
That's not the argument, the argument is being able to go anywhere and anywhen. Time travel is just being used as a laymans example.

then WHAT EVEN is your argument here ?

because the time travel thing seems like one of the main things you are using

Yeah, I don't think this back and forth about the exact quality of the arguments made has too much point to it, so, I formally ask you all to cut that shit out.

Regardless, Accelerate evidently has issues with the P3-5 ratings outside of Immeasurable and Irrelevant Speed alone (Those seeming to be themselves just extensions of bigger disagreements), since he's expressed disagreeing with parts of the cosmology revisions as well, so efficiently discussing every aspect of this would lead to an argument about the changes accepted in the first thread, which is obviously not optimal at all and better off reserved for a proper CRT addressing all of the alleged issues, speed-related or not.

That’s fine. I won’t stop you from thinking that. I’ll return later, since I’m not the only one who agrees these arguments are rooted in bad faith.
not what bad faith means
that's litterally arguing from incredubility

the story is about fighting litteral reality warping demons and gods, so your intenpretation of intent has no basis

furthermore, the time travel argument makes no sense, as to time travelyou just need to go faster than light, so your logic make no character able to be rated as FTL
there is wanting to do a high scale verse
and there is making a story that does not work with the supposed 'immeasurable speed' everyone has after a certain point

and also ftl =/= time travel in most verses while Immeasurable speed logically is

That's it, I'm done here, let's follow Antvasima and make a seperate thread where we can duke this out.

Yeah, I don't think this back and forth about the exact quality of the arguments made has too much point to it, so, I formally ask you all to cut that shit out.

Regardless, Accelerate evidently has issues with the P3-5 ratings outside of Immeasurable and Irrelevant Speed alone (Those seeming to be themselves just extensions of bigger disagreements), since he's expressed disagreeing with parts of the cosmology revisions as well, so efficiently discussing every aspect of this would lead to an argument about the changes accepted in the first thread, which is obviously not optimal at all and better off reserved for a proper CRT addressing all of the alleged issues, speed-related or not.
Agreed. Let's drop this argument, and focus on properly applying what has been accepted instead.

then WHAT EVEN is your argument here ?

because the time travel thing seems like one of the main things you are using
It's not that hard to get, is it? I'm pretty sure I made it clear that my argument is no Persona characters have been implied nor shown or stated to cover speeds of that length and the time travel is just a ways of giving examples for their limitations. I don't think it's rocket science to understand I'm going off of what the wiki states to be immeasurable speed and why it makes no sense for them to have it within the canon of the series. Like, I've stated several Anti-feats already and there's a lot more I could get but I don't have the time right now.

At this point if you think my argument is on time travel you've missed the point, it's just me dumbing it down for the people reading.

But yeah I'm fine with this being closed and the revisions being added, I didn't expect this to blow up like this, so like, it's not like I'm trying to prevent the revision. Go ahead and close it and this'll be brought up at a later point maybe.

We probably need this thread in order to keep track of and organise the progress of the revisions, but the arguments need to stop now.

How many anti-feats in comparison to actual feats? If there are more anti-feats, then that's a problem.
Going by visuals all adaptations of Persona into Anime are walking anti-feats. There's a reason basically everyone on the internet besides us thinks Persona is like Jojo level.

Going by visuals all adaptations of Persona into Anime are walking anti-feats. There's a reason basically everyone on the internet besides us thinks Persona is like Jojo level.
Shin Megami Tensei is literally no different. Accept the small anti-feats or take the logical conclusions from fighting extra dimensional gods and demons.

Most of the internet also hasn’t done a sliver of the conorehensive research across MT, so not sure this means much given how little casuals actually know about examining feats in fictions.

Shin Megami Tensei is literally no different. Accept the small anti-feats or take the logical conclusions from fighting extra dimensional gods and demons.
I don't deny that? I know a lot of people who think YHVH is a surface-wiper.

Weird that you went so defensive over a comment. At no point I objected to this upgrade.

visual anti feats are null and void, because you can't do tier 2/1 fights on screen anyway.

story based anti feats are a different thing and that's what i'm planning to tackle in an upcoming crt. I'll message you when I get it up. In a week or so.

Did we not say we were going to stop this? There’s nothing that’s going to change either side’s mind.
just responding to matthew, i have no intention of letting this go on in this thread.

cease derailing, both of us. now if you want to continue, do it on my message wall

I wasn't trying to change anyone's mind I was just explaining why such a conclusion is natural and understandable and doesn't make the person dumb.

I think we should finish this thread first and close it, after that a new thread for a downgrade or whatever it is without any mess can be made and people have a break to calm down, cuz to be honest Mill at this point debate mostly on emotional rather than rational.

SMT V is finally out tomorrow in Asian territories, could we get information from there?
We will have the North American version out on Friday. Plus it’s easier to go through the English version first, then see if anything was left out or translated a bit differently later on. Not every single piece of dialogue is about power scaling in the first place.

How do you have that much money?
I know just the right shopkeep...
egd5004qeof51.jpg

ok im gonna go away now

I dont believe in "spoilers" no matter what or the place, but Sophia introduction have some interesting stuff
Just because you can’t comprehend other people not wanting to be spoiled, doesn’t mean that gives you liberty to post it here. The game isn’t out in NA, nor is this a SMT V thread, so either respect that or get out. What I asked was fairly reasonable, from human being to human being.

Last edited:
The game has been out for a couple days. If anyone wants to know a bit of where the top dogs sit in power
The lore page for Lucifer in his transcendent State says “After defeating the creator during Armageddon, he ended up not assuming the throne of creation, and instead transcended to a higher plane of existence
. That is kinda huge cause it begs to wonder where they fit in the top god tier list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back