• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megami Tensei General Discussion Thread

Never said it was, what I'm saying is he can't be an Archetype of the self/Humanities infinite potential.
Only problem is he can be, and is stated to be.
You quite literally misinterpret everything lol. I'm saying he can't be humanities infinite potential if he, you know, lost to people who aren't even close to that level.
Clearly they are close to that level if they beat him in the first place 🤦‍♂️. He can still lose, as with all archetypes of self in-verse.
No it's is the full potential of humanity.
That can still lose.
Ya and this makes it even more obvious that you haven't read a lick of Jung, or even attempted to. Both Buddha and Sakya are an archetype of the self. And I'm not saying that you need to be an Archetype of the self to summon "enlightened" Personas, I'm saying that It doesn't make you enlightened.
Cool, I never once said it did make you enlightened. So you can go as crazy as you want. I merely said Maruki doesn’t need to be enlightened for A”K (and A”Ks feats) to apply.
Yes, but it doesn't give you enlightenment, that's what the proof above is meant to be. He is not an enlighten figure simply because he absorbed A.K. Neither is Junpei, any of the P2 cast, nor makoto before the universe arcana. All of these people are humans with flaws, thus can't be Philemons perfect human.
Uh huh, but Adam Kadmon is. Again, never said A”K made Maruki enlightened.

Please show how it isn't symbolic in any way shape or form. He quite literally never uses it a single time. If Makoto got the universe arcana, never used it once, then ******* died, You wouldn't exactly say he actually scales to the universe arcana, now would you? Of course this is an exaggerated example but you get the point.
It’s YOUR claim that it’s purely symbolic, not mine. I don’t have to prove anything. The only evidence you have is the fact that he didn’t use it 🤦‍♂️.
Firstly they are only half. They are the "Light" and the "Dark" within every human. I quite literally don't know how people can't understand such a simple concept. And if both of them were Humanities infinite potential, then ya, I would say it's illogical for them to lose to HUMANS. But they aren't.
They are the collective unconscious tho, they scale to it and beyond the archetypal world. Yet they are beaten by characters using these same archetypes. I’m saying embodying something doesn’t automatically mean you cannot be beaten by that thing. YHVH is existence itself, he lost to beings in existence.

Adam Kadmon is no different, he’s enlightened, embodies human potential, but still lost because PT had greater will than even human potential. It’s paradoxical, but it’s not an anti feat for A”K. It just means PT are that OP. Let’s not forget Nanashi fought Stephen who is transcendent in the same way A”K is. I don’t hear ya calling Stephen a fraud.

Only problem is he can be, and is stated to be.

Let us go over the proof, shall we?

Firstly the point they use to prove he is the archetype of self is quite contradictory.

Do we really have to go over this again?

All of this is to ascertain if man’s souls, riddled with contradictions as they are, can evolve into something whole. You all showed that potential. If there were more like you, man could someday reach a perfect state than understood its purpose” - Philemon, Innocent Sin
and

Thy reflection on the water’s surface: that is thy Brahman, the truth of the universe, which is in turn thine Atman. Thou thyself art the universe, and thine self is itself the light that illuminates the soul” - Virochana, Eternal.

and yet...
  • So… This is it… Rumi… I’m sorry… I couldn’t…
  • If it’s for everyone’s happiness, I don’t care what happens to me! Don’t resist… Accept it. With my power- No… With mine and Adam Kadmon’s together, our reality is nigh!
  • I’m sorry. I said I didn’t care what’d happen to me… But I guess… I wasn’t committed to my words…
  • I gave up everything else… I dedicated all that I have to this… But I still… Why?
  • It’s true that I turned my back on the original reality… But where’s the harm in that!? When it grows too much, too painful… Every person deserves to escape that!
  • I’ve been holding this all in for so long, just hiding it from myself… So, please… Help me kill every last one of my regrets"
"I must have always been... afraid... afraid you and I wouldn't wish for the same reality..."

In becoming the archetype of self, you become one with the cosmos.

Hmm... I see nothing in you... It seems you no longer need your fortune told... All potentials are within you... You can go
anywhere, become anything... The universe is within you... And
you are within the universe... You and the universe are one and

the same... That is my belief... - Fortune-Teller

However, he ran from his reality, unable to attain unity with the cosmos. He is a flawed human, thus, not an archetype of the self.

Clearly they are close to that level if they beat him in the first place 🤦‍♂️. He can still lose, as with all archetypes of self in-verse.

That is circular reasoning at its finest. You are ASSUMING he's the archetype of self.

That can still lose.

Point being? I know, he couldn't beat Nyx. I never said he was boundless.

Cool, I never once said it did make you enlightened. So you can go as crazy as you want. I merely said Maruki doesn’t need to be enlightened for A”K (and A”Ks feats) to apply.

Expect the persona is one's true self, if Maruki isn't enlightened, then A.K obviously does not give him the power of an enlightened figure.

It’s YOUR claim that it’s purely symbolic, not mine. I don’t have to prove anything. The only evidence you have is the fact that he didn’t use it 🤦‍♂️.

Expect I did. I said he never used it once in any installments nor has he shown the ability to even us it, and if it wasn't for symbolic reason, what else could it be for? he already won. Now it's time for you to show YOUR proof that it isn't purely symbolic.

They are the collective unconscious tho, they scale to it and beyond the archetypal world. Yet they are beaten by characters using these same archetypes. I’m saying embodying something doesn’t automatically mean you cannot be beaten by that thing. YHVH is existence itself, he lost to beings in existence.

No they aren't, let us go over the proof shall we?

That's a mistranslation. The original quote uses "元型" or "archetype", in the sense it's the archetypal creativity within all life. And Nyar is identified as the self destructive nature of humanity, thus being the dark said of humanity. They are very obviously a metaphor for the bull and the serpent.

"The archetype of the self has, functionally, the significance of a ruler of the inner world, i.e., of the collective unconscious. The self, as a symbol of WHOLENESS, is a coincidentia oppositorum, and therefore contains light and darkness simultaneously" - Symbols of Transformation

They are each half's of the collective, not the entirety.

Which is evident when Philemon is identified as the old wise man archetype, not an archetype of the self. And since Phil=Nyar (In terms of power), it stands true for both.

This also ignores the fact that Nyar was able to be favored more by humanity, meaning they aren't the whole.

YHVH is existence itself, he lost to beings in existence.

There's a difference between making existence and being omnipresent, If he made all beings with all of them being sub sets(I.e the Axiom), then it would paradoxical.

Adam Kadmon is no different, he’s enlightened, embodies human potential, but still lost because PT had greater will than even human potential. It’s paradoxical, but it’s not an anti feat for A”K. It just means PT are that OP. Let’s not forget Nanashi fought Stephen who is transcendent in the same way A”K is. I don’t hear ya calling Stephen a fraud.

Yet again, circular reasoning. And given the fact Joker obtained the world arcana, which you know, represents the obtainment of the infinite potential within one-self AFTER A.K, shows that he didn't surpass it.

Last edited:
Let us go over the proof, shall we?

Firstly the point they use to prove he is the archetype of self is quite contradictory.

Do we really have to go over this again?

and

and yet...
  • So… This is it… Rumi… I’m sorry… I couldn’t…
  • If it’s for everyone’s happiness, I don’t care what happens to me! Don’t resist… Accept it. With my power- No… With mine and Adam Kadmon’s together, our reality is nigh!
  • I’m sorry. I said I didn’t care what’d happen to me… But I guess… I wasn’t committed to my words…
  • I gave up everything else… I dedicated all that I have to this… But I still… Why?
  • It’s true that I turned my back on the original reality… But where’s the harm in that!? When it grows too much, too painful… Every person deserves to escape that!
  • I’ve been holding this all in for so long, just hiding it from myself… So, please… Help me kill every last one of my regrets"
My brother in Christ. You are using dialogue from MARUKI to prove Adam Kadmon isn’t enlightened. Adam Kadmons does not need Maruki to be enlightened, Adam Kadmon existed before Maruki came into existence. He is already enlightened. I am not saying Maruki is enlightened, I’m saying Adam Kadmon is. Can you find me a scan saying Adam Kadmon is not enlightened?

In becoming the archetype of self, you become one with the cosmos.
Which Adam Kadmon is. Not Maruki
However, he ran from his reality, unable to attain unity with the cosmos. He is a flawed human, thus, not an archetype of the self.
Maruki ran, Adam Kadmon did not.
That is circular reasoning at its finest. You are ASSUMING he's the archetype of self.
Because there is nothing to go against Adam Kadmon being an archetype of self. Especially when he’s called the archetype of human potential, do you see the problem with using Maruki?
Point being? I know, he couldn't beat Nyx. I never said he was boundless.
So how does anyone losing constitute an anti-feat!? You used the point of Adam Kadmon losing to claim he isn’t an archetype of self. Yet you ADMITTED that Makoto couldn’t overpower Nyx. I’m low key about to get spooky.
Expect the persona is one's true self, if Maruki isn't enlightened, then A.K obviously does not give him the power of an enlightened figure.
If Joker isn’t a fallen Gnostic angel, it then serve reasoning to assume Sataneal wouldn’t give him the power of one. If I’m not a fire giant, it serves reasoning to assume Surt doesn’t give me the power of one.

Do you see how inherently flawed and contradictory that statement is? Stop comparing feats for A”K and Maruki. Adam Kadmon existed before Maruki as an archetypal being. Maruki accepted that archetype into his shadow and gained its power. It does not matter how ass the human was before getting a persona. That’s like saying in order to get a death god, you have to die. Or saying in order to get a god of fire you have to previously been a fire bender, was Yosuke a ninja before he got Jiraiya?

Expect I did. I said he never used it once in any installments nor has he shown the ability to even us it, and if it wasn't for symbolic reason, what else could it be for? he already won. Now it's time for you to show YOUR proof that it isn't purely symbolic.
If I gave you a gun and you never used it. Did I symbolically give you the gun? If I gave you a credit card, and you never used it, does that mean I only gave it to you symbolically? That argument doesn’t hold. Like, at all. You need more proof to prove Joker getting the world arcana was symbolic than just “well, he didn’t use it.” It’s your claim that it’s symbolic, it’s on you to prove it. More proof than him not using it. 🤦‍♂️

No they aren't, let us go over the proof shall we?

That's a mistranslation. The original quote uses "元型" or "archetype", in the sense it's the archetypal creativity within all life. And Nyar is identified as the self destructive nature of humanity, thus being the dark said of humanity. They are very obviously a metaphor for the bull and the serpent.

They are each half's of the collective, not the entirety.

Which is evident when Philemon is identified as the old wise man archetype, not an archetype of the self. And since Phil=Nyar (In terms of power), it stands true for both.

This also ignores the fact that Nyar was able to be favored more by humanity, meaning they aren't the whole.
Cool? Never said he wan an archetype of self, but again, you can go as crazy as you want.

There's a difference between making existence and being omnipresent, If he made all beings with all of them being sub sets(I.e the Axiom), then it would paradoxical.
……Outerverse level (Stands in immense superiority over all mythological Gods and Demons in the setting of Shin Megami Tensei,having overthrown all of them in ancient times and established himself as the highest of all deities through the collective Observation of humanity, and with His own power being used to summon and control the numerous supernatural entities found throughout the series, as they are all ultimately subservient to Him and originate from His figure.
Yet again, circular reasoning. And given the fact Joker obtained the world arcana, which you know, represents the obtainment of the infinite potential within one-self AFTER A.K, shows that he didn't surpass it.
No….it just means even before joker gained enlightenment he was just really strong….bro?

I just summoned a Demon in real life. We are so back. See y'all after the apocalypse starts.
d18501e660e4d1f66e5a7638c45cca86.jpg

Worth it.

My brother in Christ. You are using dialogue from MARUKI to prove Adam Kadmon isn’t enlightened. Adam Kadmons does not need Maruki to be enlightened, Adam Kadmon existed before Maruki came into existence. He is already enlightened. I am not saying Maruki is enlightened, I’m saying Adam Kadmon is. Can you find me a scan saying Adam Kadmon is not enlightened?

Which Adam Kadmon is. Not Maruki

Maruki ran, Adam Kadmon did not.

Because there is nothing to go against Adam Kadmon being an archetype of self. Especially when he’s called the archetype of human potential, do you see the problem with using Maruki?

Yet again you look away from the evidence, there is a reason I said this.

and there's is a reason why I said this.

He is not an enlighten figure simply because he absorbed A.K. Neither is Junpei, any of the P2 cast, nor makoto before the universe arcana. All of these people are humans with flaws, thus can't be Philemons perfect human.

Jesus Christ, Trismegistus, and Sakya are all enlightened figures that should be archetypes of the self. But they aren't, nor did It make any of their users enlightened. Unless you want to say Junepi=Adam Kadmon, go head, do so. And you get something Majorly wrong, a Personas powers come from its user, not the other way around. After all, Shadows=Personas.

If Joker isn’t a fallen Gnostic angel, it then serve reasoning to assume Sataneal wouldn’t give him the power of one. If I’m not a fire giant, it serves reasoning to assume Surt doesn’t give me the power of one.

Expect that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying how becoming the Archetype of self requires a prerequisite, not all Personas require a perquisite and to get its powers. You are simply twisting my words. Even world arcana's within the series weren't archetypes of the self, because they haven't met the prerequisite.

Cool? Never said he wan an archetype of self, but again, you can go as crazy as you want.

You keep on saying "Archetype of self" yet you don't even know what It means lol. What your describing for Philemon is the ARCHTYPE OF THE SELF (Well mostly).

Outerverse level (Stands in immense superiority over all mythological Gods and Demons in the setting of Shin Megami Tensei,having overthrown all of them in ancient times and established himself as the highest of all deities through the collective Observation of humanity, and with His own power being used to summon and control the numerous supernatural entities found throughout the series, as they are all ultimately subservient to Him and originate from His figure.

Yes, but he is still a subset of humanity. I don't know shit about SMT nor do I plan to play the games any time soon.

No….it just means even before joker gained enlightenment he was just really strong….bro?

There's no way, do I really have to explain something that simple to you? HE DIDN'T SURPASS IT.

If I gave you a gun and you never used it. Did I symbolically give you the gun? If I gave you a credit card, and you never used it, does that mean I only gave it to you symbolically? That argument doesn’t hold. Like, at all. You need more proof to prove Joker getting the world arcana was symbolic than just “well, he didn’t use it.” It’s your claim that it’s symbolic, it’s on you to prove it. More proof than him not using it. 🤦‍♂️

There's is a pretty minor difference between what I'm saying and what you said. One is state, while the others are a physical object. I do not become "gun".

And let us go through the proof, shall we?

For every instance we have seen the world arcana, it has required a persona to be used. It's a state that one loses after using the Persona (Which is evident by how Yu isn't using Ino all the time). Okay so Joker gained the world arcana and never used it, then became the fool arcana once again in strikers. If Joker actually had access to the world arcana, It would have been useful to us against the other deities he fought, don't ya think? Even Yu has used It against the other Deities.

So how does anyone losing constitute an anti-feat!? You used the point of Adam Kadmon losing to claim he isn’t an archetype of self. Yet you ADMITTED that Makoto couldn’t overpower Nyx. I’m low key about to get spooky.

Ya I'm saying A.K LOST TO HUMANS, MAKOTO LOST TO MOTHER OF BOTH THE COLLECTIVE AND THE UNCOUNCIOUSS (Even If Nyx was still sleeping). Is it really that hard to understand something so simple?

And you know, A.K LOST TO HUMANS, HUMANS WHO HAVEN'T EVEN COME CLOSE TO FINDING THE ANSWER TO LIFE, HUMANS WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND THE MEANING BEHIND EVERY PERSON AND SOUL, HUMANS WHO HAVEN'T REACHED ANYWHERE NEAR THERE FULL POTENTAL. HE CAN'T BE THE INFINITE POTENTIAL OF ALL HUMANS, IT IS SOMETHING THAT IS DIRECTLY CONTRADICTED BY THE GAME ITSELF. Not to mention even if Maruki was what your describing, he isn't even close to the true strongest in Persona (I'm not saying you think he is, but the wiki certainty seem to think so).

Last edited:
Yet again you look away from the evidence, there is a reason I said this.

and there's is a reason why I said this.

Jesus Christ, Trismegistus, and Sakya are all enlightened figures that should be archetypes of the self. But they aren't, nor did It make any of their users enlightened. Unless you want to say Junepi=Adam Kadmon, go head, do so. And you get something Majorly wrong, a Personas powers come from its user, not the other way around. After all, Shadows=Personas.
personas can definitely be amped by their users. However at their core personas and their powers come from demons and their archetypes. As such they have existed far before the creation of their users and have had their power before them as well. Such as Zeus in persona Q who had already existed prior to being fused. This also explains why you need to be a higher enough level to summon a persona, or else you get possessed in a process referred to as “demonization” which turns the user into a demon by becoming a physical manifestation of an archetype from the collective unconscious. The power of a persona comes from their demonic archetypes, so yes. A users power comes from their persona (as tatsuya stated) and
Adam Kadmon is no different, what he was before becoming a persona has nothing to do with Maruki. A”K came into existence first as his own being and concept. Maruki summoning him has nothing to do with him gaining enlightenment. Also not all enlightened beings are equal in power. Especially not when considering A”K, who is the embodiment of this enlightenment and not just a participant of it. So Trismegistus and Sakya are nowhere near the power of A”K.

Personas = Shadows yes, however Personas also = the Demons and Gods that existed before humanity.

Expect that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying how becoming the Archetype of self requires a prerequisite, not all Personas require a perquisite and to get its powers. You are simply twisting my words. Even world arcana's within the series weren't archetypes of the self, because they haven't met the prerequisite.
Summoning A”K doesn’t make you enlightened, however A”K is enlightened, so you get his power. The power of THE enlightened being. This is why Maruki had to take a backseat and let A”K carry him. Maruki is ass. The only prerequisite summoning a persona is to be on the same level as it. EVEN THEN Maruki probably was NOT at the same level as A”K considering how much autonomy the latter had.

You keep on saying "Archetype of self" yet you don't even know what It means lol. What you’re describing for Philemon is the ARCHTYPE OF THE SELF (Well mostly).
Whoa, I never called Philemon an archetype of self. I just said embodying an abstractions doesn’t always mean you are immune to getting folded by characters using said abstraction.

Yes, but he is still a subset of humanity. I don't know shit about SMT nor do I plan to play the games any time soon.
YHVH made humanity, the 4 worlds, and gods/demons, he also embodies existence. Yet he can lose to beings that match all of the above in description, does that make him a fraud? Yeah, but my point still stands that he can lose to the things he embodies.
There's no way, do I really have to explain something that simple to you? HE DIDN'T SURPASS IT.
He put paws on Kadmon. Absolutely ran his shit.
There's is a pretty minor difference between what I'm saying and what you said. One is state, while the others are a physical object. I do not become "gun".

And let us go through the proof, shall we?

For every instance we have seen the world arcana, it has required a persona to be used.
We have seen the world arcana the vast number of two times. Ren and Yu, one used a persona the other did not. We do not have enough information to draw this conclusion that a persona is required.
It's a state that one loses after using the Persona (Which is evident by how Yu isn't using Ino all the time). Okay so Joker gained the world arcana and never used it, then became the fool arcana once again in strikers. If Joker actually had access to the world arcana, It would have been useful to us against the other deities he fought, don't ya think? Even Yu has used It against the other Deities.
Again, not enough information to conclude a persona being necessary to use the world arcana.

Ya I'm saying A.K LOST TO HUMANS, MAKOTO LOST TO MOTHER OF BOTH THE COLLECTIVE AND THE UNCOUNCIOUSS (Even If Nyx was still sleeping). Is it really that hard to understand something so simple?
MegaTen humans can simply put, fight gods they have no business fighting. We shouldn’t use the point of “they lost to humanity.” Especially is the God in question isn’t tier 0. Let’s not forget PT at the time were vastly stronger then when they stole Yaldabaoth’s role of administrator. Effectively giving them the power of the masses. That’s how Sataneal was summoned in the first place, Sataneal is of the same ilk as Yaldabaoth, an administrator.

And you know, A.K LOST TO HUMANS, HUMANS WHO HAVEN'T EVEN COME CLOSE TO FINDING THE ANSWER TO LIFE, HUMANS WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND THE MEANING BEHIND EVERY PERSON AND SOUL, HUMANS WHO HAVEN'T REACHED ANYWHERE NEAR THERE FULL POTENTAL. HE CAN'T BE THE INFINITE POTENTIAL OF ALL HUMANS, IT IS SOMETHING THAT IS DIRECTLY CONTRADICTED BY THE GAME ITSELF.
Joker was just better. Adam Kadmon is a legitimate deity. The game said he embodies human potential, so he does. Him losing to joker is just a W for PT. The will of the universe loses in SMT4A and Last bible, who is a multiversal constant/law. It doesn’t matter what you are or what you embody in MegaTen, you can still lose.

Not to mention even if Maruki was what your describing, he isn't even the strongest in Persona (I'm saying you think he is, but the wiki certainty seem to think so).
And I stand by the wiki in glazing the absolute shit out of A”K

Last edited:
personas can definitely be amped by their users. However at their core personas and their powers come from demons and their archetypes. As such they have existed far before the creation of their users and have had their power before them as well. Such as Zeus in persona Q who had already existed prior to being fused. This also explains why you need to be a higher enough level to summon a persona, or else you get possessed in a process referred to as “demonization” which turns the user into a demon by becoming a physical manifestation of an archetype from the collective unconscious. The power of a persona comes from their demonic archetypes, so yes. A users power comes from their persona (as tatsuya stated) and
Adam Kadmon is no different, what he was before becoming a persona has nothing to do with Maruki. A”K came into existence first as his own being and concept. Maruki summoning him has nothing to do with him gaining enlightenment. Also not all enlightened beings are equal in power. Especially not when considering A”K, who is the embodiment of this enlightenment and not just a participant of it. So Trismegistus and Sakya are nowhere near the power of A”K. Personas = Shadows yes, however Personas also = the Demons and Gods that existed before humanity.

Yet again you misconstrued what I'm saying, If Maruki isn't enlightened, A.K will not be an enlightened power, thus will not give him the power of an enlighten figure. Which is already proven by Trismegistus, Messiah, and Sakya. And this proven in your post, they aren't the actual thing.

who is the embodiment of this enlightenment and not just a participant of it.

Which does not matter at all for entities who are considered archetypes of the self (Which at this point is extremely obvious you don't know what it is). Even the moon is an archetype of the self.

The moon with her antithetical nature is, in a sense, a prototype of individuation, a prefiguration of the self: she is the “mother and spouse of the sun, who carries in the wind and the air the spagyric embryo conceived by the sun in her womb and belly.” This image corresponds to the psychologem of the pregnant anima, whose child is the self, or is marked by the attributes of the hero.” - Mysterium Coniunctionis.

Personas = Shadows yes, however Personas also = the Demons and Gods that existed before humanity.

Expect they were created by humanity...

"Memory occasionally brings about much distress and suffering, but it is absolutely necessary to distinguish oneself from others and manufacture one’s own psyche. Ever since it began, life’s memory has accumulated unbroken, passing through individual experiences and spanning several generations. And so it has given shape to Kadath and the Collective Unconsciousness, thereby becoming a foundation for the next generation." - Nodens, Tatsuya's Scenario.

and this is something that is even true in Carl Jung.

"These archetypes, whose innermost nature is inaccessible to experience, are the precipitate of the psychic functioning of the whole ancestral line; the accumulated experiences of organic life in general, a million times repeated, and condensed into types. In these archetypes, therefore, all experiences are represented which have happened on this planet since primeval times" - Psychological Types.

Which is something even noted in the Club book.

"To make it simple, this is what gave birth to mythology and religion. Certainly, you know many stories of malevolent deities or demons being defeated by benevolent deities of virtues, which protect our world? These existences we call “gods” protect the balance in the suppressed, unconscious parts of our psyche. Their providence plays an important role in strengthening the seal against Nyx." -Fake Jesus, Club book.

And as for why People say that these mythologies and the CU predate Nyx crashing into earth, It's just a translation error, through and through.

"いま目の前に広がっているのは、その中でも最も深淵なる場所だ" "What’s spreading before my eyes now is the most abyssal place among them all."

First error of the English localization was to say that the Great Seal's realm is in one of the furthest depths of the Sea.

In reality, the Great Seal is located in the deepest and oldest realm of the collective unconscious. And what does characterize such a realm?

"命が意味やイメージといった概念を手に入れるよりも以前からある領域" "A particular domain from before life could obtain notions such as meaning or impressions."
Second mistake of the translation: it said that such a realm existed before sentience or the "form" of living beings, when in reality only precedes meaning (意味) and () impressions/mental images (イメージ). I've also seen other translation being circulated, but it makes a similar mistake of misinterpreting "イメージ" as "shape, even as concept" or something along those lines. Naturally, there's no such thing in the description:

1. "命が" - indicates that life (命) is the subject (が)
  2. "意味やイメージ" - I already explained it
  3. "といった概念を" - means that the previous ("といった" means "such as") concepts or notions (概念) are the object (を).
Thus "意味やイメージといった概念を" means "concepts such as meaning and impressions". The rest of quote is:

• "手に入れる" is the potential version of "to obtain" (can obtain).
  • "よりも" tries to communicate a bigger distance or quantity in the following adjective. I didn't translate it, since it wasn't needed, but it'd mean something like "more/even".
  • "以前から" is "from (から) before (以前)"
  • "ある領域" is a "particular/certain (ある) domain/area (領域)"

At most, such realm could precede the existence of archetypes, but the presence of Erebus makes me doubt that. And It's funny how you proved that A.K isn't the actual A.K, just a manifestation. And as for him being humanities goal to strive for, I've already debunked that 1 million times. It's is just expressing his mythology, unless you want to believe Izanami created all humans, is the mother of all eldritch things, and death do so. But we know A.k being the goal for one to strive for and Izanami creating all humans and death are just false, It's is expressing's it mythology, it isn't something factual.

Summoning A”K doesn’t make you enlightened, however A”K is enlightened, so you get his power. The power of THE enlightened being.

First off a Persona does not Make you an enlightened figure if you aren't already enlightened. Which is already proven by Trismegistus, Messiah, and Sakya (And there's likely more but I'm not going to look for them).

Whoa, I never called Philemon an archetype of self. I just said embodying an abstractions doesn’t always mean you are immune to getting folded by characters using said abstraction.

Expect what you said for Philemon is almost 1 to 1 for the archetype of the self, which is already stated he isn't that.

MegaTen humans can simply put, fight gods they have no business fighting. We shouldn’t use the point of “they lost to humanity.” Especially is the God in question isn’t tier 0. Let’s not forget PT at the time were vastly stronger then when they stole Yaldabaoth’s role of administrator. Effectively giving them the power of the masses. That’s how Sataneal was summoned in the first place, Sataneal is of the same ilk as Yaldabaoth, an administrator.

The reason Humans can face gods (At least in Persona) is because they created them, do you even know why Joker won against Yaldy? Also WTF is going in SMT, if the Axiom is truly just the CU, and its avatar created Humanity... You know what, what is the point in trying to understand at this point.

Joker was just better. Adam Kadmon is a legitimate deity. The game said he embodies human potential, so he does. Him losing to joker is just a W for PT. The will of the universe loses in SMT4A and Last bible, who is a multiversal constant/law. It doesn’t matter what you are or what you embody in MegaTen, you can still lose.

expect what you said earlier contradicts that, as for the universe losing, that is because humans have almost complete control over reality. There's is a reason why Nyx was considered unbeatable by everyone while the others were not. He's a true constant not bound by humanity. He's is an Alien after all, or "Something completely foreign to humanity" in other words.

And I stand by the wiki in glazing the absolute shit out of A”K

The wiki is just straight up wrong. They say he's the strongest in Persona and second to only the axiom, when we have seen someone exactly like this fake Maruki (Makoto), who couldn't beat Nyx while she was sleeping, let alone given the fact A.K would just straight up not work on Nyx.

We have seen the world arcana the vast number of two times. Ren and Yu, one used a persona the other did not. We do not have enough information to draw this conclusion that a persona is required.

Expect Ren never used the world arcana, brining credence to what I once said before.

Again, not enough information to conclude a persona being necessary to use the world arcana.

Ren still lost access to the world arcana lol. He became the fool.

Last edited:
the presence of Erebus makes me doubt that. And It's funny how you proved that A.K isn't the actual A.K, just a manifestation. And as for him being humanities goal to strive for, I've already debunked that 1 million times. It's is just expressing his mythology, unless you want to believe Izanami created all humans, is the mother of all eldritch things, and death do so. But we know A.k being the goal for one to strive for and Izanami creating all humans and death are just false, It's is expressing's it mythology, it isn't something factual.
New flash: the mythological descriptions of demons are facts.
image0.jpg

The intelligent life that exists in the Schwarzwelt are demons from the legends and myths transmitted among humanity and a cause and effect situation: the strong negative feelings of humans turned into demons.
Source
Literally in P2 tatsuya attributes his mastery over the sword and his resistance to terror (madness induced by Byakhee) to his Persona

News flash: the mythological descriptions of demons are facts.

Expect they aren't, Izanami did not create death nor did she create life. They are Myths after all, not facts. If you think about It for more than 10 seconds, you would realize half of these mythologies and religions would directly go against everything stated in Persona and SMT, with the most obvious one being Izanami.

Yes, because Archetypes/Symbols are imbued on Personas to represent one's self, there's is reason why it's is called your "true feelings".

A persona's powers comes from its archetypes/the real deal. Personas are most definitely not the real deal.

The reason Maruki is A.K is because he wanted to guide humanity, not because he is actually enlightened.

I'm already making a post but It's taking a long time. Even if A.K was the actual archetype within Kadath, he still wouldn't be "humanities potential" like some claim.

I think Kadmon is a wanked mess of a character, but it’s already accepted these are the mythological characters, in reference to the actual verse. So your assertion of it not being the actual Adam Kadmon would require a downgrade thread to assert Personas =/= Mythological Gods.
It honestly makes more sense for them to be the collectives interpretation of these deities, rather than the actual deities (there is a difference)

It honestly makes more sense for them to be the collectives interpretation of these deities, rather than the actual deities (there is a difference)
I think the entire series would suggest otherwise.

I'm already making a post but It's taking a long time. Even if A.K was the actual archetype within Kadath, he still wouldn't be "humanities potential" like some claim.
Anyways, happy downgrading, been looking for a good thread for a while now.

Expect they aren't, Izanami did not create death nor did she create life. They are Myths after all, not facts.
They are, indeed, facts.
Through the power of observation, humans have the power to assign an answer to phenomena without an answer, to change the answer they have found into faith, and eventually into truth.

would realize half of these mythologies and religions would directly go against everything stated in Persona and SMT, with the most obvious one being Izanami.
Daaamn, I hope you don't mind sending all these contradictions.
Yes, because Archetypes/Symbols are imbued on Personas to represent one's self, there's is reason why it's is called your "true feelings".

A persona's powers comes from its archetypes/the real deal. Personas are most definitely not the real deal.
I don't see how this goes against my point. Those archetypes are also described as mythological, fyi.

Daaamn, I hope you don't mind sending all these contradictions.

God (Yahweh/Allah), Brahma, Prajapati, Ahura Mazda, Pangu, Atum, The Great Spirit, Izanagi and Izanami, Io, Ananke. All of these gods are said to have made the universe/are apart of making the universe. Yet we know in Persona that they were made by humans, humans who don't predate the universe. Meaning they couldn't have made the universe, It's is illogical. Basically every Religion with a creator of the universe.

I don't see how this goes against my point. Those archetypes are also described as mythological, fyi.

They come from its archetype but they aren't 1=1 with there archetype
To explain it simply, personas acquire a section/segment of their powers, with the individual being/human able to hone such skills to the point they may able to overcome the archetype itself in terms of raw power, as seen in Tatsuya's Scenario. So they obviously aren't 1=1

Expect that's is contradicted in Persona. We know Izanami did not create death nor did she create life, Nyx did (Or the Axiom in SMT).

And there's something that you don't understand.

A google result will show that only 15.7 million or 0.2% of the worlds current population believes in Judaism, with Christianity being the dominant religion with 31.1% of the world believing Christianity is the true religion. Meaning that A.K isn't what people have most of their "Faith" in.

Of course what I wrote above me is a Joke, but the meaning stays the same.

Not everything is "fact", because humanity doesn't have their "faith" in everything.

And humanity has shown an obvious limit on what they can make "fact", because you know, Nyx exists.

Honestly, at this point, you might as well just focus on making the thread, instead of wasting your time arguing here. I think nearly everyone who is active on the thread disagrees with the basis of your argument (if not the argument against AK scaling itself), so you're just writing yourself into oblivion with each subsequent post.

Honestly, at this point, you might as well just focus on making the thread, instead of wasting your time arguing here. I think nearly everyone who is active on the thread disagrees with the basis of your argument (if not the argument against AK scaling itself), so you're just writing yourself into oblivion with each subsequent post.
Ya I think you're right.

Expect they aren't, Izanami did not create death nor did she create life. They are Myths after all, not facts. If you think about It for more than 10 seconds, you would realize half of these mythologies and religions would directly go against everything stated in Persona and SMT, with the most obvious one being Izanami.
Also didn’t you just say you never played SMT? Not to commit an ATA fallacy but I’d like to see cases where this is contradicted

Back