• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megami Tensei General Discussion Thread

I heard it's the embodiment of the Collective Unconscious.

The P3 section from the clubbook was written by a Atlus staff member. There are also many concepts that are first mentioned in the clubbook that later gets established in the games.
The main issue I have with it is Nyx causing humanity to create the CU which conflicts with other pieces of info given. Also Nyx being an alien is a very weird way to differentiate her from everything else born from the mind

he literally went against him and check him out in SMT V (not even vengeance just base canon of creation) and do the math
Eh, the Demifiend we fight is not the Demifiend of our world. In the game, it's implied by Haunts he existed but that's about it.

All we know is that Lucifer was the one to beat YHVH and he's not mentioned or implied to have had help.

You aren't answering the question. The Fiends and Demi-Fiend can travel from III to V, why does that mean they’re different people? You keep saying they’re different and everything you say to substantiate it has no correlation.
The Lucifer from the demon haunts was the Lucifer of our world. The Demi-fiend is from another world. Ergo, the Lucifer who made the Demi-fiend would be from another world.

Therefore, there is two Lucifers. Our Lucifer also claims to have made a Demi-fiend. Thus, there is probably another one in this world.

The Lucifer from the demon haunts was the Lucifer of our world. The Demi-fiend is from another world. Ergo, the Lucifer who made the Demi-fiend would be from another world.
The very own evidence that you state is arguing against you. Lucifer verbatim states “two youths fate who I espied”. This just shuts down your argument entirely, never mind the fact that the Fiends outright reference fighting Demi-Fiend before in their world. Nothing suggests that it can’t still be the same Fiends from III, just traveled to V.

The very own evidence that you state is arguing against you. Lucifer verbatim states “two youths fate who I espied”. This just shuts down your argument entirely, never mind the fact that the Fiends outright reference fighting Demi-Fiend before in their world. Nothing suggests that it can’t still be the same Fiends from III, just traveled to V.
Wut? The latter half is what I am indeed saying. III is another world and they travelled to V's world.

Lucifer in this game is not from that world. He is from this world specifically (Samael talks about him as a relatively young demon compared to him for instance). Thus he cannot be the same Lucifer that made the Demi-fiend.

Of course he could alternatively be talking of the events of III from awareness of another manifesation of himself's actions in another world I suppose.

Lucifer in this game is not from that world. He is from this world specifically (Samael talks about him as a relatively young demon compared to him for instance). Thus he cannot be the same Lucifer that made the Demi-fiend.
Okay, that’s fine, that doesn’t mean that this is a different Demi-Fiend. It’s still the same one from III.

Wait, so what?

There's 2 Lucifers, but 1 Demi-Fiend, & which Lucifer made the Demi-Fiend? The one from "our" (SMTIII's world's?) or that of SMTV, the "other world"?

Apologies for my asking all of a sudden.

Oh, thought you said there were multiple Demi-Fiends. My apologies, then.

Though, do you mind showing where it’s stated Lucifer is young compared to Samael?
Ah, I miremembered the quotes. Samael didn't say Lucifer was younger, he said he began his own schemes with the Qadištu before Lucifer's own plot began.

Aogami_and_Protagonist.png

Rarest thing in SMT: a healthy relationship.

Back