• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megami Tensei General Discussion Thread

The main issue I have with it is Nyx causing humanity to create the CU
If Nyx is the cause behind the CU, does that mean she predates the Axiom? I’m struggling to understand how Nyx can be part of the CU (as stated in her profile) while also being the very first cause. is it because the CU is above space-time and causality?

Playing more Dx2 lately.
Finally managed to summon Alilat.
For those who don't know, unlike most, that means multiple specific demons -4, to be exact- all of which have to be the infuriatingly misnamed "Common" Archetype (1 of 5 kinds any demon can be, but Common is excluded from most Gacha summons in return for being the kind recruited through Demon Talk. which only happens if you're lucky. So "Common" are decidedly not.
Furthermore, when Fusing demons in this you need to use at least 1 Common Demon -Unlike Multi-Fusion which requires all commons- & the Fused result inherits the NON-COMMON Archetype (If any) from its Fusion Materials. This is since different Archetypes can have different skills, but boy does it make things a pain in the rear end.
Alilat's materials are Sandalphon, Kushinada, Pele, & Azrael, the last of which is a pain.

Since all of them have to be Common, it's a pain.

But I did it anyway because I like the magic floating rock. It's 1 of my favorites, actually.

While checking its status tab in my demon listing -View stats, see if its model is different from any angles- I noticed that its dialogue in the status section (Which I'd call "Status talk") seems to be unique, whereas many demons have generic dialogue based on their Race.

I took screenshots if people want me to post them for clarity, but getting them from my phone to my PC is a pain.

Taking the screenshots in the first place is also tricky because my phone has 2 delays to taking screenshots: 1. I have to hold the button down for a second or two to open the menu. 2. After hitting the screenshot button, there's a delay of half a second or so before the photo is taken, giving time for the Status Tab Dialogue to automatically disappear.
Demons can also be clicked in the Status Page for them to do an animation. So that delay also makes what frame of any idle animation I take inconsistent, even those of idle animations.

So I'll just transcribe Alilat's quotes here (But again, I did already screenshot them & can post 'em if asked.):

Alilat: "This guise merely represents a fraction of my power. No one has seen my true form."
"I am the Moon and the goddess of fertility. Would you like to bask in my blessing?"
"Water, sap, mild and blood... The fluids witch bear life are born of the moon."
[sic]
"Do not neglect my power. My father and sisters... what would they think?"
"I am one of the most powerful of the gods, second only to my father."

I also took a screenshot of Alilat's on-summoning dialogue, if that's relevant.
"I am Alilat I shall assist you. If you wish." [sic]

I don't know if this is race specific dialogue... but Alilat also seems to be the ONLY Entity race Demon in Dx2. Does Alilat share some with another race??

Notably, I failed to find even ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF THIS FEATURE on the SMT Fandom Wiki as well as the Dx2Wiki, despite the former having sections for quotes from other games, & the latter being dedicated to Dx2 specifically.
Underdocumentation....

Anyway, thoughts, all?

IDK who Alilat's father, brothers or sisters could be. Alilat's lore in Dx2 is:
"The Arabian mother goddess. She was thought to reside in the Black Stone at Kaaba. She and her son, Dusura the god of stars and mountains, were worshipped there by desert nomads. She was also thought of as the deity of wine."

Dx2 has begun another crossover events!

This one is with Puella Magi Madoka Magica!

It was said earlier in the threat that Dx2 is canon, but how do we handle their crossovers?

If Nyx is the cause behind the CU, does that mean she predates the Axiom? I’m struggling to understand how Nyx can be part of the CU (as stated in her profile) while also being the very first cause. is it because the CU is above space-time and causality?
I could deligate a long post for this, but in essence death and life are one of the few things in megaten that the human mind doesnt condition. Monado Mandala(just Monad) in the original, are the most primitive impulses by which humanity classifies experience, and the Monad in the name merely references it being the smallest unit.

When humanity came into contact with Nyx, its not as though CU was magically created, but rather Monado was extended all the way down to Kadath by humanity evolving

Dx2 has begun another crossover events!

This one is with Puella Magi Madoka Magica!

It was said earlier in the threat that Dx2 is canon, but how do we handle their crossovers?
This crossover is funny because of a friend I have, of which we try and talk about 'if this character was in smt' and madoka was one of them

oddly enough months later, THAT happens

To my great disappointment, the event demons from it seem to be Madoka, Homura, & Walpurgisnacht.

LET US OBTAIN KYUBEY & SEND IT INTO BATTLE.
YOU'RE USING IT INSTEAD OF PIXIE TO INDICIATE THE EVENT HUB IN THE MENU ANYWAY.

To my great disappointment, the event demons from it seem to be Madoka, Homura, & Walpurgisnacht.

LET US OBTAIN KYUBEY & SEND IT INTO BATTLE.
YOU'RE USING IT INSTEAD OF PIXIE TO INDICIATE THE EVENT HUB IN THE MENU ANYWAY.
Can't just let us watch kyubey get hit without defense and perish.. the cat escapes our wrath again.

On another note about this, in my experience, most Demons -Although some have unique dialogues- have multiple things they can say when checking their status & a lot of what it is, if they're not being used as a party, amounts to:

A. Offering &/or boasting about its own power.
B. Complaining about boredom or being neglected.
C. Wanting to battle.

It's cute.
Reminds me of how Pokemon are. The anime from time to time shows Pokemon as being eager to battle or training.
But also Pokemon gain Friendship by Walking, for Levelling up in battle (Except in Sw/Sh. BD/SP excludes Rare Candies specifically, & S/V's modifiers are undocumented so far.), lose Friendship for fainting in battle, gain it for being fed vitamins, using battle items like the X Items, defeating important battles like Gym Leaders or Elite Four or Rivals, etc.

Point is, Pokemon are battle-hungry monsters & I love them for it, & I like that demons often seem to be so, too!

Which brings me back to the recent SMT crossover:
If most demon status dialogue is them expressing a hunger for battle, & Madoka is an obtainable unit/"Demon", then what will Madoka say...?

Minor detail but it seems like the SJ fragment of YHVH only temporarily assumed the power and form of Metatron. He mentions as such that it was a temporary state and returns to the form of a crewman. He gets one-shot by the Demiurge in this state, not as Metatron.

Demiurge would still scale above Metatron regardless so it's a minor detail.

During the Madoka Event, Rangda summoned Walpurgisnacht with the belief that it'd help her defeat Barong, suggesting Walpurgisnacht scales equal to or comparable to them.
IDK if that's notable.

Sorry if anyone minds me & my posting about Dx2 stuff.

During the Madoka Event, Rangda summoned Walpurgisnacht with the belief that it'd help her defeat Barong, suggesting Walpurgisnacht scales equal to or comparable to them.
IDK if that's notable.

I don't mind at all, I'd wanna hear how the event goes (plus, rather not fill up with other gachas right now-)

I don't mind at all, I'd wanna hear how the event goes (plus, rather not fill up with other gachas right now-)
I've cleared most of the event missions.
Rangda seems to end up destroyed in summoning Walpurgisnacht.
A lot of it focuses on Ririn & her adoration for Magical Girls & being in an adoring/protecting role towards Madoka & Homura.
Madoka & Homura are also interested in going home, & fade away when they do.

I've been taking screenshots of the dialogue, although I've missed a lot near the end of the cutscenes; I try to use the log to screenshot multiple messages at once, but since I don't know when the cutscene ends on my first viewing, I'll often end up clicking to advance a text box that I don't know is the final text box, causing the game to load into the battle.
So some of the dialogue needs to be viewed in Replay Story.

Kyubey does briefly appear. I don't think I recall exactly what was said but it was something about recreation from partial information or something about Walpurgisnacht. Would need to check again.
Kyubey is also confronted by Homura again, & shot, & then respawns.

It all takes place in The Aura Gate, as seems to often be the case for events -GITS characters were there in their event, as were Overlord characters- as it's apparently "a place that can grant wishes".
Kyubey later appears, & seems to evaluate what happened, calling it "outrageous" & too volatile or uncontrollable & that it'll stick with the usual method. Again, I don't recall the exact dialogue.
But the gist seems to be that Kyubey was considering the demons, Aura Gate, or demon Walpurgisnacht as potential energy sources. This is significant because in PMMM, the Kyubey want to reverse entropy in their universe.

The fact that Kyubey showed up, respawned -Suggesting there's a source of other Kyubey, such as a hivemind base- & that it's apparently concerned with using The Aura Gate or demons or such there for energy is significant.

This would suggest that at least one the Kyubey that appear are not recreations, & given they seem to have access to duplicates & were considering this is an energy source suggests The Aura Gate &/or demons are accessible to them. Not sure if the hivemind connection is present/
Possibly that their home universe is accessible from The Aura Gate & vice-versa.

Also, in theory, Kyubey COULD be a recreation if it's also simulating the hive mind & behaviours &/or making duplicates as would fit such perceived by Kyubey.

But yeah, IDK if it's on Youtube or anything, might be worth to check if anyone's played for it.

But if not, I can screenshot the dialogue.
If someone wants me to, please tell me so. Likewise for the Ouroboros event. (Which, IIRC, featured Ouroboros being summoned with like, 2 snakes, a bottle of fluid & a circle, being described as "alchemy" & note das such by Ouroboros, indicating that Alchemy-based demon summoning is present in the Dx2 setting, despite its use of a demon summoning Dx2 app & "decoherence fields".)

I've cleared most of the event missions.
Rangda seems to end up destroyed in summoning Walpurgisnacht.
A lot of it focuses on Ririn & her adoration for Magical Girls & being in an adoring/protecting role towards Madoka & Homura.
Madoka & Homura are also interested in going home, & fade away when they do.

I've been taking screenshots of the dialogue, although I've missed a lot near the end of the cutscenes; I try to use the log to screenshot multiple messages at once, but since I don't know when the cutscene ends on my first viewing, I'll often end up clicking to advance a text box that I don't know is the final text box, causing the game to load into the battle.
So some of the dialogue needs to be viewed in Replay Story.

Kyubey does briefly appear. I don't think I recall exactly what was said but it was something about recreation from partial information or something about Walpurgisnacht. Would need to check again.
Kyubey is also confronted by Homura again, & shot, & then respawns.

It all takes place in The Aura Gate, as seems to often be the case for events -GITS characters were there in their event, as were Overlord characters- as it's apparently "a place that can grant wishes".
Kyubey later appears, & seems to evaluate what happened, calling it "outrageous" & too volatile or uncontrollable & that it'll stick with the usual method. Again, I don't recall the exact dialogue.
But the gist seems to be that Kyubey was considering the demons, Aura Gate, or demon Walpurgisnacht as potential energy sources. This is significant because in PMMM, the Kyubey want to reverse entropy in their universe.

The fact that Kyubey showed up, respawned -Suggesting there's a source of other Kyubey, such as a hivemind base- & that it's apparently concerned with using The Aura Gate or demons or such there for energy is significant.

This would suggest that at least one the Kyubey that appear are not recreations, & given they seem to have access to duplicates & were considering this is an energy source suggests The Aura Gate &/or demons are accessible to them. Not sure if the hivemind connection is present/
Possibly that their home universe is accessible from The Aura Gate & vice-versa.

Also, in theory, Kyubey COULD be a recreation if it's also simulating the hive mind & behaviours &/or making duplicates as would fit such perceived by Kyubey.
I'm so glad I've watched PMMM so I can understand some of this.. I'm not familiar with DX2 (nor have I thought I could have played it until I saw it available in my app store) but Kyubey thinking to use demons as potential sources to halt entropy.. that definitely sounds like them.

I'm so glad I've watched PMMM so I can understand some of this.. I'm not familiar with DX2 (nor have I thought I could have played it until I saw it available in my app store) but Kyubey thinking to use demons as potential sources to halt entropy.. that definitely sounds like them.
It sounds like you just recently found the app, & if you've started using it, I'd like to recommend a fusion calculator.
There might be better lately, but what I've been using lately is:

"Jack+Frost" is just a placeholder in the url. Replace it with the demon of your choice.
Use Fusion to see what you can pair the named demon with to Fuse something.
Use Fission to see what pairs the named demon can be made from a Fusion of.

There's also a specialized Dx2 Wiki with lots of info.

Last edited:
IDK if that's notable.

Barong scales… like nowhere.

It sounds like you just recently found the app, & if you've started using it, I'd like to recommend a fusion calculator.
Recently yes but I also don't really think I'll be downloading or playing it anytime soon.. just finished watching the whole event from someone uploading it on YouTube.

Barong scales… like nowhere.
imagine struggling with barong 🔥
Well, that's apparently Rangda's whole life, lol.

IIRC, a lot of stuff suggests her & Barong are rivals.

So if Barong doesn't have any scaling, does Rangda scale anywhere? (Besides to Barong obviously.)

I've not played any SMT besides Dx2, though I have watched SMTV Demon Talks & researched that a bit, as well as tried Nocturne on Steam, but my toaster of a PC can't even handle booting up the game with its lack of RAM.

Is Barong typically a mediocre unit?
Recently yes but I also don't really think I'll be downloading or playing it anytime soon.. just finished watching the whole event from someone uploading it on YouTube.
Oh thank goodness, someone recording the cutscenes is very useful. Did they get all the event's cutscenes?
Link, please?
I'm curious if anyone has done the other events.

BTW, what did you personally think?

To me, the visual novel cutscene graphics are underwhelming, considering this is a Sega game with 3D animated models for the battles.
(Even if the attacks basically have no visual effects. Maybe because I'm playing on Low Graphics Settings?)

BTW, what did you personally think?

To me, the visual novel cutscene graphics are underwhelming, considering this is a Sega game with 3D animated models for the battles.
(Even if the attacks basically have no visual effects. Maybe because I'm playing on Low Graphics Settings?)
It really is just so unbearably mid..

Edit: Only really waiting for Part 2 to see how the rest goes due to the convos I had for how madoka would potentially interact with smt.

It really is just so unbearably mid..

Edit: Only really waiting for Part 2 to see how the rest goes due to the convos I had for how madoka would potentially interact with smt.
Yeah, I get that.

I don't care much for the Liberators themselves, they don't do much with PMMM other than the usual themes & them being stuck in The Aura Gate mistaking demons for familiars & fighting them, which is kind of what previous crossover characters do.

& while Madoka & Homura are obtainable units -I've yet to check their Details Tabs & Status Dialogue- like with other stories, the basically nonexistent cutscene budget is shameful for the presentation of a Sega-made game.

I assume your reasons are similar?

No "relevant scaling"?

What scaling do they have that's deemed irrelevant, & why is it irrelevant, then, if I may ask?
I do apologize for any bother, but I like diving into stuff like this.
Neither of them have any scaling feats or really any story-pertinent appearances.

Incidentally, something I recall from the Alter World storyline comes from the Flooded Shinagawa.

IIRC, the storyline features "Bigger equals more powerful" as fiction often does, & real life does, to an extent.

Hence, where I'm at in it -Not finished it- one of the Illuyanka attacking Shinagawa was described as "big enough to swallow buildings whole". Other attacking Illuyanka were described as being slowed down by the physical barriers the civillians made, & a stairway somehow, IIRC.

So the bigger demon = stronger demon could be dismissed as Plot-Induced Stupidity here, I'd say. But what do you all think?

In gameplay, boss demons are bigger, but there's an upper size limit for models, with most being not much bigger (Height-wise.) than the human Dx2 present in Alter World battles.
Demons like Pixie can be very small, but those that should be huge aren't that big.

Like Orcus, who resembles a building with a doorway & is described with "The god whose name was said to refer to the very underworld itself in Roman mythology. His huge and intimidating stature is often depicted in ancient Roman murals. However, he later was often associated with other Greek gods as time went on." in its details tab isn't very big in-game.
Bosses get to be larger regardless of if it makes sense.

In Ririn's Dx2 quest storyline, a Nekomata she asks for inspiration with something she's writing, ends up being a boss in gameplay for the ensueing battle, & is larger, & survives, fleeing the encounter, despite most demons being shown fading to nothingness when defeated. Notable? Said Nekomata didn't seem notable based on the cutscene unless being able to flee after defeat -Contrary to being shown fading away for defeat in gameplay- provides notability.

Anyway, Illuyanka can have Large Size big enough to swallow buildings, apparently.
Also, should we assume bigger demon = stronger, or just dismiss it as Real Life-esque PIS since more size = more mass = more force, but we scale them higher than how it would result?
Or do we use that as a basis for scaling low tiers, since they can survive its attacks & damage it, despite the power such a size should have?
Lol, this would now make the third character in Dx2 that’s now weaker than their canon counterpart.

Bayonetta, Sonic, now Madoka.
Is this only because of Madoka scaling higher than SMT does, or something else?

Also, should I take it you suddenly playing this means you've played it or watched the new cutscenes?

I don’t know where Medaka scales. I don’t think it’s 1-A, though, so.
Madoka "only" gets to 2-A.
But....
Lol, this would now make the third character in Dx2 that’s now weaker than their canon counterpart.

Bayonetta, Sonic, now Madoka.
Your wording was "weaker than their canon counterpart".
So if Madoka tops out at 2-A but SMT gets to 1-A, how is SMT Madoka weaker than canon Madoka?

Should I assume you have no opinions on the stuff about Illuyanka size & power?
Part of me wonders if such a thing is relevant because of Pixie's "Regular" key. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Pixie_(Shin_Megami_Tensei)
(Outdated as that may be considered. Also, I'm unsure I understand what the only other two keys, the SMTIII-specific Key (Demifiend world recreation reference?) & the "Archetype" Key?)

Also, I do apologize if I bother you, given how brief in responses & busy you seem, & a lot of the things I find, even to me, often seem unimportant.

Also, should we assume bigger demon = stronger, or just dismiss it as Real Life-esque PIS since more size = more mass = more force, but we scale them higher than how it would result?
Or do we use that as a basis for scaling low tiers, since they can survive its attacks & damage it, despite the power such a size should have?
Also, I really don’t think this is anything legitimately worth anything more than just a cursory glance. 90% of MegaTen protags are human, thus human sized, 95% of them are teenagers, and yet they beat up people literally beyond the conceptual idea of dimensions entirely. SMT V in particular goes out of its way to emphasize the size disparity between demons like Amon, Abaddon, Garlulu, Samael, and more against Nahobino, a third-year high schooler with no combat experience until the day he transformed.

So if Madoka tops out at 2-A but SMT gets to 1-A, how is SMT Madoka weaker than canon Madoka?
SMT can be 1-A, doesn’t mean that Madoka scales to any 1-A characters. If her only feat is fighting Barong, then she wouldn’t scale.

From what I've gathered, Madoka in this crossover isn't at her "Ultimate Madoka" stage, since she still has to fight Walpurgisnacht, so her canon counterpart here wouldn't be 2-A but 6-C instead. Perhaps she is indeed closer but since Rangda doesn't have many feats (Rangda is only stated to cause "natural disasters") then it's hard to say

Also, I really don’t think this is anything legitimately worth anything more than just a cursory glance. 90% of MegaTen protags are human, thus human sized, 95% of them are teenagers, and yet they beat up people literally beyond the conceptual idea of dimensions entirely. SMT V in particular goes out of its way to emphasize the size disparity between demons like Amon, Abaddon, Garlulu, Samael, and more against Nahobino, a third-year high schooler with no combat experience until the day he transformed.
Yeah, the Illuyanka being even slightly slowed down by physical obstructions felt like regular PIS to me.

But even so, demons like Pixie currently have 8-C "Regular" Keys, which the size of such a force seems relevant to, without knowing if the other keys apply to.
Big enough to swallow buildings would be big enough to be 8-C or more & thus could upgrade the lower keys for fodders, right?

& nonetheless, it provides a basis for a Large Size addition to P&A.

(& assuming we don't consider P&A stronger, it provides a basis to scale demons of the same species based on size, fallacious as I agree that may be.)
SMT can be 1-A, doesn’t mean that Madoka scales to any 1-A characters.
Agreed.
If her only feat is fighting Barong, then she wouldn’t scale.
Well, those are far from her only feats.
I brought up Barong & Rangda because I incorrectly assumed they might have notable scaling.

(Thank goodness this exists.)
A yellowish tinted area of the Aura Gate:
Madoka defeats a Slime & an Ooze.
"A young girl slays demons with her bow and arrows, but more loom close behind."
A Pisaca, a Black Ooze & a Legion appear.
Madoka: "How are the familiars this strong?!"
Madoka: "! Homura if you're here, answer me!"
None answer her fervent plea The resentful voices of twisted beings engulf her.
Madoka: "I'm all alone."
A Black Ooze & a Legion appear.
Madoka: "Here they come!"
A Pisaca appears/shouts.
>This is a story of how hope turns to despair.

Liberator HQ
[The Liberators are discussing magical girls, mostly as a genre. They don't even know of Madoka yet. The video has all the dialogue, but I'll omit some I consider sufficiently irrelevant to transcribe.]

Megakin: "! Sorry to kill the mood, but we gotta move! An Aura Gate just showed up."
Seiran: "I'm sorry to call everyone at the last minute." [Mistranslation? This suggests she waited until things already got dire or such before calling on them.)
Megakin: "Don't sweat it. We were just talkin' about magical girls."
Seiran: "Magical girls?"
[More yammering on that topic ensues. Omitting.]
Seiran: "Well, shall we set magical girls aside & begin our search? Remember, this is an Aura Gate. We must stay vigilant."
Megakin: "Gotcha. Right, let's get goin'!"
Fade to black transition.
Gakuto: "There are demons everywhere."
Megakin: "Stay on your toes... Hmm? Did anyone else see that light?"
Jeng Yun: "I did. Maybe we're not alone here?"
Seiran: If someone is lost, that is our top priority. Let's go!"
Slime: Groan
Madoka: Huff Huff "I can't outrun it. Is this... the end?"
>Exhausted, she stops.
Madoka: "..." "N-No, I don't want to... give up."
>The girl gathers her courage.
Madoka: "After all, I'm a magical girl who makes hopes and dreams come true!"
Held by her faint courage, she takes aim the demons.
Cutscene ends. (I forget if this is a pre or post battle cutscene, but I'm not sure Madoka is involved in the battles the player participates in by default unless the story says otherwise.)

New cutscene.
Madoka: Huff Huff* "...There's no end to them. Still, I have to keep going..."
A Legion appears/roars.
Madoka: "?!"
>A demon attacks from behind.
Madoka: "(No! I won't make it in-)"
Demon (Legion): "Gah!" A visual effect indicating it being cut is shown.
Megakin: "Are you OK?!"
Madoka: "Y-Yes. H-Huh? People...?"
Cutscene change. (Presumably this starts the post-battle cutscene in this segment, as this video seems to have omitted the battles.)
Madoka: "It's dangerous! Stay ba... What?"
>Madoka notices the demon allies fighting the demons.
Madoka: "(They can use familiars? I've never heard of that...)"
>Her bow wavers from its target.
Ririn: "Aww, what a li'l cutie! My heart can't take it!"
Seiran: "Don't act star-struck or you'll alarm her more."
Megakin: "You there! We're not your enemy! We'll prove it now! Just stand back and watch!"
Jeng Yun: "Let's fight to save that child. Just look at all these demons!"
Megakin: "Get fired up! It'd be humiliatin' if we lost here!"
>The Liberators fight demon horde. Madoka watches from behind.
Madoka: ("I... can't waver now.") "I-I'll... I'll fight too!"
Battle begins, next cutscene after
[Omitted some dialogue of gratitudes & stuff about how they save people & everyone.]
Madoka: ("These people... don't look like magical girls. Still, they did save me. In that case...") "My name is Madoka Kaname. I use magic to fight witches. I'm a magical girl."
Megakin: "A ma... magical girl?!"
Next cutscene:
>Madoka and the Liberators exchange information.
Madoka: "Not a labyrinth but another world?"
Megakin: "Yeah. And you were fightin' demons, not witches' familiars."
Madoka: "...I'm sorry, but I'm a but confused."
Megakin: "I don't blame ya. Your story surprised us too. I mean, witches who attack humans."
Seiran: "and magical girls who secretly fight them... That's a lot of pressure for a middle school student..."
Madoka: "Yes... I suppose so."
>Madoka's expression darkens.
Megakin: ("...She really doesn't fit the "magical girl" stereotype.")
[Omitting some dialogue amounting to characters reacting to Madoka.]
Megakin: "Showin' up mid-magical girl craze? Madoka's got the worst luck."
Ririn: "Don't worry, Madoka. I promise we'll get you back home. Like a big sister, you can count on me."
Madoka: "Hahaha... Thanks."
A demon (Pisaca) appears.
Megakin: "Oops, back to business."
Ririn: "Ugh, their timing SUCKS!"
Transition effect as a battle begins.
Next cutscene.
Megakin: "OK, I think we're done here-"
Madoka: "Watch out!"
A demon (Pisaca) appears with a cutting/hitting sound effect.
>Madoka blocks a sneak attack.
Ririn: Whistle "Nice shot!"
Megakin: "You've got real skill. How about comin' with us, Madoka?"
Madoka: "Um, but... I'm not sure I'll be any help..."
Megakin: "Hey, who saved me just now? Don't overthink it. We're happy to have ya."
Megakin: "R-Right! Thank you very much."
Gakuto: "Sure thing. And if you have any questions, I'd be glad to-"
Ririn: "You can always come to me! We girls gotta stick together! My heart's full of "moe"... I mean, passion!"
Gakuto: "...Uh, sure. It's cool. I'm just chopped liver."
Jeng Yun: "Anyhow, what a coincidence. We just talked about magical girls, and suddenly one showed up! Maybe it was Ririn who called Madoka here."
Ririn: "Who, me?"
Megakin: "Oh yeah, didn't you say you wanted to meet a magical girl?"
Ririn: "Well, sure, but..."
Madoka Kaname: "It was Ririn...?"
Ririn: "Wait! No, I didn't... At least, I don't THINK I did. Still, an Aura Gate is a space that grants wishes... Maybe..."
Megakin: "Huh? Yo, hold up. It's not like you really meant that-"
Madoka: "! Everyone, look over there!"
>A horde of demons approaches.
Gakuto: "Tch! There's a lot of 'em!"
Seiran: "They're behind us too. Let's split up."
Ririn: "...I'll take those guys!"
Megakin: "H-Hey!"
Seiran: "I didn't explain the plan yet!"
Battle begins.
Next cutscene:
Gakuto: "Phew, we managed somehow."
Megakin: "What about Ririn?"
Walking sound effect
Ririn: "...I took care of the rest."
Megakin: "Jeez, don't run off by yourself."
Seiran: "Ririn, Madoka. Listen carefully. A lot is still unclear, but an Aura Gate requires several conditions to manifest. First, it needs a strong wish."
Ririn: "A strong wish..."
Seiran: "Yes. I believe Madoka's arrival in this world is connected to that wish. A wish big enough to form an Aura Gate is hard to imagine..."
Megakin: "In other words, a casual request won't cut it. Still, it would've been better if Ririn WAS the Gate's master."
Ririn: "...Couldn't agree more."
Megakin: "Huh?"
Madoka: "Um, I can get back home if we beat this "master," right? I have to return to my own world no matter what. In order to defeat Walpurgisnacht."
Gakuto: "Walpurgisnacht"?
Madoka: "The strongest witch in my world. I'm not sure I'll win, but if I don't try, Mitakihara City... For everyone's sake, I must..."
>Resolve and anxiety swirl in Madoka's eyes.
Megakin: "..."
Ririn: "Hey, I hear a racket over there. Someone else might be fighting."
Madoka: "! Could it be Homura?!"
Jeng Yun: "Homura?"
Magoka: "She's a magical girl like me. If she's here too..."
Ririn: "Then we'd better hurry. Follow me."
Megakin: "Madoka, I swear we'll get you back to your world. Until then, let's do our best."
Madoka: "Yes! Thank you very much!"
A blue tinted area of the Aura Gate is shown, unlike the orange/yellow area they've been in so far.
>The heart of the Aura Gate.
Homura: "..."
>A young girl calmly walks forward but stops when she realizes she isn't alone.
Homura: "...Great, another one."
Demon (Black Ooze): "DIE..."
Homura: ("Are you here, Madoka...?")
Fade to black transition, likely due to post-battle & pre-battle cutscenes.
Gunshot/impact sound.
Homura: "You won't get away."
Demon (Slime): "Ugh..."
Demon (Black Ooze): Shout
Homura: "!"
>The demon who played dead launches a surprise attack, but Homura whips out her shield and stops time."
Homura: "It's over."
>She shoots her gun and moves back. Time starts again.
Demon (Black Ooze): Groan
Homura: "A familiar this powerful must belong to a troublesome witch. ...!"
>Homura feels eyes on her, but she looks over and sees nothing.
Homura: "...You show up everywhere. I don't have time for you right now."
???: "Homura Akemi, even I cannot predict what will happen in this strange other world you've both been called to. I'm extremely curious how you will respond."
Next cutscene
Megakin: "I don't see anyone."
Jeng Yun: "Ririn, did you say you heard noise around here?"
Ririn: ""Ririn"? Oh, you mean me?"
Megakin: "Huh?"
Ririn: "We should split up and search. Let's go, Madoka."
Madoka: "Ah, coming."
Megakin: "Hey, isn't Ririn actin' weird?"
The Dx2 Player Character can answer with "Definitely." or "You think so?". The one in that video answers with "You think so?"
Gakuto: "Yeah, she was hyperactive moments ago."
Seiran: "Perhaps she still believes she's the source of the Aura Gate?"
Megakin: "Hmm."
Madoka: "Everything here seems normal too."
Ririn: "...Hey, Madoka. Do you ever get tired of fighting?"
Madoka: "What?"
Ririn: "I'm sick of it. We fight battle after battle, yet it never ends. Our exhausted minds and bodies can never rest. Fate won't allow it. Don't you feel the same, Madoka? As a magical girl, you're constantly fighting..."
Madoka: "I..."
>Madoka stars at her Soul Gem.
Ririn: "That's not your average gem, right? You're just like me, Madoka. I can tell. You fight tooth and nail even as you harbor painful feelings and remain shackled by a destiny you can't escape."
Madoka: "Ririn..."
Ririn: "That's why... !"
>A group of demons appraoches.
Ririn: "Don't interfere."
Battle transition.
Next cutscene.
Madoka: "I think that's all of them. Are you all right, Ririn?"
Ririn: 'Yeah. Thanks, Madoka."
>Ririn comes closer and pats Madoka's head.
Madoka: "U-Um... Ririn?"
Ririn: "..."
Megakin: "Quit runnin' off, you two."
Gakuto: "Over here! I think I hear gunfire nearby!"
Madoka: "Gunfire?! Could it be Homura?!"
Footstep sounds.
Ririn: "...One down."
Loading, then new cutscene.
Green-ish Aura Gate area.
Homura: "Ngh, give up already!"
Demon (Dantalian): "You fought hard, but it's over. Now that I understand your tactics, you can't win."
Homura: "I'll make this quick."
>She stops time with her shield.
Gunshot sound.
>She shoots at the demon, and time unfreezes. However...
Homura: "...! It passed through?!"
Demon (Dantalian): "You are defenseless against my illusions and foresight! Come now, despair. This will be your grave."
Homura: "As if I'd lose! Keep trying, but I'll..."
Madoka: "Homura!"
Homura: "Madoka!"
Demon (Dantalian): "What's this?! New challengers?!"
Megakin: "Before your tearful reunion, let's deal with this chump."
Homura: "...Yes, we'll talk later. First, we must finish the foe before us."
Battle transition.
Gakuto: "All's well that ends well."
Jeng Yun: "I'm glad we could save this young lady."
Homura: "You have my thanks. Madoka, I'm glad you're not hurt."
>For the first time, her stern face softens into a smile.
Madoka: "I'm glad you're safe too, Homura! I was so worried. Oh, right. Everyone, let me introduce you. This is Homura Akemi. She's a magical girl like me."
[Some dialogue about the Liberators meeting Homura that I'm too lazy to transcribe. Starts at around 12:34 if you're interested.]
Seiran: "Oh? But she stuck to Madoka like glue?"
Ririn: "...That's true. How about this, then?"
>Ririn gently strokes Homura's hair.
Homura: "...What is the meaning of this?"
Gakuto: "Hey, Ririn."
Ririn: "Sorry. I'm going to clear my head."
Footstep sounds.
Megakin: "..."
Homura: "I heard you saved Madoka. Thank you. The sooner we leave, the better. This place feels strange. Something is better than usual..."
Madoka: "Ah, Homura. About that-"
Homura: "Madoka, such familiars indicate a witch of unfathomable power. I'll inspect the area. Just leave the rest to me."
Megakin: "For a girl her age, she's as cool as a cucumber."
Madoka: "I-I'm sorry. She's not a bad person. So, um-"
Megakin: "Nah, we ain't ditchin' anyone. Let's follow her."
Footstep sounds.
???: "Two magical girls... At last, it is complete. My wish will come true...!"
Fade to black.
Next cutscene.
>As they move through the Gate, a demon appears, and-
Megakin: "Get ready, y--"
Before Megakin can finish his sentence, Homura stops time.
Gunshot sound.
Demon (Pisaca): "Gah!"
Megakin: "-all! Huh, what? Where's the demon?"
Seiran: "My goodness. Is this your doing, Homura?"
Homura: "I'll shoot down any enemy."
Megakin: "Homura, like I said, this is not your own world. The demons attackin' us are way beyond human comprehension. We might look unreliable, but don't carry everything yourself. If you're in trouble, lean on us."
Madoka: "Yes, the Liberators are very good people!"
Homura: "...I'll keep that in mind. Let's go."
Megakin: "Let's go," huh? It's a start, but it'll be a long time before she considers us "pals.""
Madoka: ""Pals"...?"
Megakin: "What, am I the only one who thinks that? We've made it this far together and got each other's backs. That makes us friends, right?"
Madoka: "Friends..." ("That's strange. Even though I'm so uneasy, just hearing the word "friends" makes me feel so...")
Megakin: "That's a nice smile you've got. I feel better too."
Ririn: "Everyone, look here. I found something strange."
Megakin: "Somethin' strange...?"
A purple-like part of the Aura Gate.
Gakuto: "Looks like the inner sanctum."
Megakin: "The master ain't here though... What's this?"
There is a massive pattern on the ground ahead.
Gakuto: "Some kinda incantation?"
Seiran: "I've never seen anything like it. What about you two?"
Homura: "Me neither."
Megakin: "A mystery, eh? Still, it's gotta mean somethin'."
Ririn: "...It's a circle to call witches to this world."
Madoka: "Um, Ririn?"
Megakin: "Spill it, Ririn! How do you know that?!"
Ririn: "Because I drew it. The c-conditions a-are met. N-Now, at long last...!"
Demon (Rangda): "My dearest wish will come true!"
Gakuto: "What?! A demon?!"
Seiran: "A disguise?! Then where is Ririn?!"
Demon (Rangda): "Hoho! Who knows?"
Megakin: "Quit playin' dumb and tell us!"
Battle transition. Boss battle with Rangda occurs.
Next cutscene.
Demon (Rangda): "Ugh!"
Homura: "This foe isn't much of a threat."
Megakin: "Spit it out! Where's Ririn?!"
Demon (Rangda): "Hoho, take a guess. She's demon chow by now."
Madoka: "What?!"
Megakin: "Fat chance!"
Seiran: "Calm down. I'm sure Ririn is fine. More importantly, right now...!"
>The group stifles their fear and rage to glare at the demon.
Homura: "Are you the master of this place?"
Demon (Rangda): "Yes, it exists to fulfill my wish. Our little drama has been quite fun."
Megakin: "Damn you!"
Demon (Rangda): "However, it is the final curtain call. Hohoho..."
>The injured demon laughs eerily.
Demon (Rangda): "A circle to connect worlds and... Part of a magical girl."
>The demon holds two locks of hair.
Madoka: "It couldn't be..."
Homura: "You mean that time...!"
Demon (Rangda): "The stage is set! Walpurgisnacht will manifest in this woooorld!!"
Madoka: "!"
Jeng Yun: "Walpurgisnacht?! That's what Madoka-"
Homura: "I won't let you!"
>Hearing the witch's name, Homura tries to stop time.
But just beforehand, the demon holds a hand over the circle.
The screen goes white.
Rangda: "Come! Witch who will grant my wish!
The scenery returns.
>The circle lights up for a brief moment. However...
Demon (Rangda): "Wh-Why? Why didn't Walpurgisnacht appear?!"
Loading, then next cutscene.
Demon (Rangda): "Why?! It should've worked! I did everything right! Why isn't Walpurgisnacht here?!"
Gakuto: "Somethin' tells me that..."
Megakin: "Yep, the summoning failed."
Madoka: "Homura..."
Homura: "That scared me. If that nightmare really could be summoned, then..."
Seiran: "The Aura Gate can grant desires in distorted ways, so sometimes plans go awry like this."
Megakin: "Whatever, sucks to be her."
Demon (Rangda): "Why? I did as the voice said..."
Megakin: "Sorry to kick ya when you're down, but we gotta find Ririn."
Demon (Rangda): "W-Wait, I... Eeeeek!"
>Rangda runs away.
Megakin: "Everyone, after her!"
Madoka: "..."
Fade to black.
Demon (Rangda): "Ngh, why...? Why wasn't my wish granted...?"
Ririn: "Gotcha!"
Demon (Rangda): "What?! You're..."
Ririn: "Get ready to taste my wrath!"
Battle transition, another Rangda boss battle. After that....
Demon (Rangda): Groan While being shown, a cutting visual effect & sound effect are shown.
Ririn: "Not yet! There's more rage where that came from!"
Footstep sounds.
Jeng Yun: "Ririn! You're safe!"
Seiran: "Wait. It might be another demon."
Ririn: "Hey, I almost died in several traps on the way here, so... Oh?"
Homura: "..."
[Ririn fawning over Homura as the cute to Madoka's cool in the magical girl duo omitted because lazyness.]
Gakuto: "Yep, it's her."
Megakin: "Now, back to business..."
Demon (Rangda): Sniffle
Megakin: "It's over. Prepare yourself."
Madoka: ("...We can't return to our world unless we defeat her. But back then, this demon...")
Demon (Rangda): "I wanted... an unbeatable power. One that could change my eternal battle with Barong and crush that inescapable destiny... It was all I ever wanted. And yet..."
The screen goes black.
Demon: "Wh...y..."
>The light fades from her eyes, and darkness covers everything. Then...
The scenery returns.
Demon (Rangda): "!!"
>The demon suddenly flies up.
Gakuto: "You want some more?!"
Seiran: "Wait, something is off..."
Demon (Rangda): "I-I-I-have no w-wish... N-no h-h-hope..."
Homura: "...! Don't tell me...! Finish it off! Now!"
Demon (Rangda): Yell
The screen goes black
>The demon emits a dark shadow that expands to swallow all.
The scenery returns.
>A spot overlooking the scene.
Kyubey: "A witch not of this world is here as a false being created by partial information. I'm shocked it was able to materialize like this."
Loading, next cutscene.
Walpurgisnacht: "..."
Gakuto: "What is that?"
Homura: "It is Walpurgisnacht."
Madoka: "The one Madoka told us about?"
Homura: "It's a witch of immense power. To think we'd have to fight it like this..."
Madoka: "Against Walpurgisnacht..."
Megakin: "Well, it's here now. Besides, look on the bright side."
Homura: "What do you mean?"
Megakin: "You've got us. We may not be your top pick, but there's strength in numbers."
Homura: "..." ("Yes, we have firepower. Moreover...) "I suppose it's worth trying."
Megakin: "Sweet, a professional thumbs-up!"
Dx2 Player Character can answer with "We won't let you down!" or "Leave it to us!". The one in that video answers with "Leave it to us!".
Megakin: "Yeah, time to kick ass!"
Ririn: "Are you OK, Madoka?"
Madoka: "...Oh, yes...!"
Ririn: "...I understand how you feel. Being a magical girl must be scary and stressful."
Ririn: "Don't worry. That's why we're here! We're all in Giga-Focus Mode!"
Megakin: "Let's do this!"
Battle transition, Walpurgisnacht boss battle happens.
Next cutscene
>They quickly attack Walpurgisnacht before it can retaliate.
Gakuto: "Nice! Let's concentrate our next strike on one point!"
Ririn: "Understood!"
Homura: "...This odd feeling..." ("Could Walpurgisnacht be...?")
Megakin: "You OK, Homura?"
Homura: "Yes. It's time to end this. Let's go, Madoka."
Madoka: "Right, Homura!"
>Madoka, Homura, and the demon allies gather in one place.
Homura: "Come on!"
Madoka: "At last, we'll...!"
A flash of white & a big explosion-like burst sound with shattering sounds.
Megakin: "Did we win?!"
Gakuto: "A blow like that would finish off most..."
Madoka: "... What? No, that's impossible..."
Seiran: "How is it still alive?"
Megakin: "So, this is Walpurgisnacht."
Homura: "No, it isn't."
Gakuto: "What?!"
Homura: "They look the same, but it feels different. It's what you all call a "demon.""
Seiran: "That's a demon...?"
Megakin: "Either way, it's still a threat. The problem is how to beat it."
Gakuto: "It's near-suicidal, but if we risk a bigger attack- ! Crap, here it comes!"
>A violent windstorm showers the group with debris.
Seiran: "Really now! How much is there?!"
Gakuto: "Those will leave more than a scratch! Run for it!"
Madoka: "!"
Ririn: "Madoka!"
Wind & rumbling sounds.
>Ririn protects Madoka from a flying shard. Then, a huge piece of rubble falls and separates the group.
Megakin is audibly panting.
Megakin: "Are you guys OK?"
Jeng Yun: "I think Ririn is hurt! She needs medical attention!"
Gakuto: "We gotta get past this junk...!"
Demon (Phantom): Moan
Megakin: "Tch, talk about timin'! MOVE IT, ASSHOLE!"
Battle transition
Next cutscene.
>As Megakin's group fights, beyond the rubble, Madoka and Homura watch over the injured Ririn.
Ririn: "Oww..."
Homura: "You shouldn't move too much. The wound is deep."
Madoka: "I'm sorry, Ririn. This is all my fault."
Ririn: "Haha... No worries. I'm happy I could protect you."
Madoka: "But that's why you're..."
>Madoka's face darkens as she looks at Ririn's wound.
Homura: "Madoka..."
Ririn: "..." "I knew it. You're just like the magical girls I love."
Madoka: "What?"
Ririn: "More than invincible superheroes, I've always admired how magical girls think of others, worry, try their best, cry sometimes, and show kindness. Just as you are now."
Ririn: "Besides..."
>Ririn presses on the wound and stands up.
Homura: "Stop, the wound-"
Ririn: "It's all right. I'm no wimp! Besides, I made a promise to get you home no matter what."
Madoka: "A promise..."
A flashback to previous dialogue is shown.
Ririn: "Oh!"
>As Ririn loses her balance and stumbles, Madoka catches her.
Ririn: "Th-Thanks!"
Madoka: "N-No, I should thank you. As I watched you, I remembered something. Your steadfast attitude has given me courage. I want to help evertyone too. So, I have to stop Walpurgisnacht no matter what."
Ririn: "Madoka..."
Homura: "Let's go, Madoka. I know we'll win next time..."
Madoka: "Yes, and protect everyone!"
Megakin audibly pants for his voice line.
Megakin: Huff Huff "Is everyone OK?"
Seiran: "Yes, somehow. But the situation isn't looking good."
Gakuto: "I wanna stick it out 'til Ririn and the others get back, but..."
The Dx2 Player Character can answer with "Ririn...." or "Madoka...". The one in that video answers with "Madoka..."
Seiran: "! Watch out!"
Demon (Pisaca): Yell
Dx2 Player Character: "!"
A cutting sound effect is heard.
Demon (Pisaca): "Gah!"
Jeng Yun: !" That arrow..."
Megakin: "Madoka!"
Madoka: "I'm sorry we're late."
Gakuto: "You three sure took your sweet time."
Ririn: "Relax, we were busy firin' ourselves up! Besides, the star of the show is always late!"
Homura: "Listen, everyone. Next, we'll launch another all-out attack. Madoka and I will act as vanguard. After that, don't hold back! We'll take down this Walpurgisnacht here and now!"
Megakin: "Roger that! Leave it to us!"
Homura: ("If we can't defeat it this time, in all likelihood... But we have a chance... and hope. And so, I'll...!")
Madoka: "It'll be all right, Homura. We have the Liberators. And of course... You have me too. So I'm sure...!"
Homura: "Madoka..."
Homura: "Her it comes. Get ready. Today, Walpurgisnacht will...!"
Madoka: "Yeah, we'll put a stop to it! I'm a magical girl, after all!"
Battle transition. The 2nd Walpurgisnacht boss battle happens.
Next cutscene.
Walpurgisnacht: "!!"
>Struck by Madoka's arrow, Walpurgisnacht vanishes from the Aura Gate.
Madoka: ("I won't forget what has happened in this world. Or your curse and wish...")
Ririn: "We did it, Madoka!"
Megakin: "That last attack was fantastic. Demons are our forte, but you put us to shame."
Madoka: "No, it's thanks to everyone-" "Huh?"
>Madoka and Homura slowly become transparent.
Homura: "What's happening?"
Megakin: "Don't worry. It means you're returning to your own world."
Seiran: "That demon connected you to ours. Now that it's gone, the link has been broken."
Homura: "I see. Still, it takes a while to fully disappear. Please excuse me. I want to check something before I return."
Seiran: "Something you want to check?"
Homura: "Yes, I won't be long. Madoka, join me once you've said goodbye. And Liberators... You did a lot for us... Thank you."
>The corners of Homura's mouth lift slightly.
Jeng Yun: "That's a lovely smile."
Seiran: "Just seeing it makes all our effort worthwhile."
Megakin: "Later, Homura. Thanks."
Homura: "Likewise."
Megakin: "Well, I guess this is it, Madoka. We really owe ya one. You were a huge help."
Madoka: "It's I who should thank you. I think this incident has given me a bit more confidence."
Gakuto: "You can leave out "a bit."."
Seiran: "Yes, walk with confidence. The two of you will surely overcome the real Walpurgisnacht."
The Dx2 Player Character can answer with "Do your best!" or "Take care!". The one in that video answers with "Do your best!"
Madoka: "Everyone..."
Ririn: "Hey, Madoka. A demon was behind this and caused you both trouble, but my wish came true. I finally met two awesome magical girls."
Madoka: "Ririn... Yes, I'm so glad I met everyone, too! Well then... Goodbye!"
>Madoka follows after Homura and disappears.
Ririn: ("Do your best, my dear magical girls.")
Loading screen, next cutscene.
>Homura says goodbye to the Liberators and walks alone.
Homura: "..." "No one is here. Show yourself. Incubator."
>A small creature emerges from the shadows.
Kyubey: "So, you noticed me."
Homura: "Were you behind all this?"
Kyubey: "Of course not. Madoka vanished, and I simply followed. I was surprised to learn there's a world where "demons" run rampant."
Homura: "Will you switch targets, then? Go anywhere, as long as it's far from Madoka."
Kyubey: "...It seems that Walpurgisnacht came from your thoughts. But as far as I know, you've never even met it. How could you create such a clear image-"
Gunshot sound.
Homura shoots Kyubey's head.
Homura: "I have no obligation to explain. You are my sworn enemy. I swear I'll save Madoka from your grip."
Footsteps sounds.
Madoka: "There you are, Homura. What was it you wanted to check?"
Homura: "It's nothing to worry about."
>Homura glances at Kyubey's corpse in the shadows.
Homura: "More importantly, Madoka, the true battle starts now. Once we return to our world..."
Madoka: "Yes, we'll fight the real Walpurgisnacht... Let's do our best, Homura!"
Homura: "Yes." ("This was a key experience. It might be work... Regardless, no matter how many times it takes, I'll...!")
>Madoka and Homura vanish and return to their own world. Then, from the shadow...
Kyubey: "My, my. Getting shot is such a needless hassle. At any rate..."
>Kyubey stares into the void.
Kyubey: "That was outrageous. It's too unstable and doesn't seem viable. As I thought, it's wiser to keep our current process. Do us proud, Madoka.

This took an eternity to transcribe. But I did it for documentation's sake. Nice to be able to copy paste stuff in the future.
Having rewatched the story content, there is some stuff that may be relevant.
(Also, this is Part 1 of 2 in this story, so there may be more. Great....)

On the lower end, Madoka is shown fighting multiple demons at once early on. Mostly fodder like Slime, Blob, Black Ooze & Pisaca. The Dx2 game uses those a lot almost like placeholders in other places, IIRC, but there are various other demons used in cutscenes.

Homura fights a Dantalian, & sems to be on par of it, going by her telling it to "Just give up already!". IDK how notable that is. Might be a skill feat, given Dantalian's details, even in Dx2 saying:
"One of the 72 demons of the Goetia. He is a duke with many faces that change constantly. He holds a heavy book in his right hand which has the thoughts of all living beings, past, present, and future, written in a language only he can read."

Does Dantalian have any scaling? (I'm assuming no, but one can hope.)

The Liberators, Megakin mostly, often praise the capabilities of Madoka & less often (Less screentime.), Homura during the battles in the cutscenes.
Since Megakin is basically the leader of the Liberators, his word should be given some credit.
Notably, after Walpurgisnacht is struck down in the 2nd battle by Madoka's arrow, Megakin says:
Megakin: "That last attack was fantastic. Demons are our forte, but you put us to shame."
This arguably implies some comparability, if not superiority.

Considering the variety of Demons the Liberators have fought, his statements may hold some weight.

Interestingly, Rangda, while impersonating Ririn fights some demons. It's off-screen since the start of the fight is a transition into the battle the player plays, so we don't know how they do it, but it probably wasn't bare fisted. Did Rangda somehow fake having the Dx2 app?
Or did it steal Ririn's phone & use it before Ririn attacked her?

Also, this Rangda is strong enough to survive being fought by the Liberators for its boss battle, & get injured, & then run away, & is established to be the "Master" of this Aura Gate, having created it, as well as the circle that was meant to call forth Walpurgisnacht (Demon), but ultimately that didn't work, & it took Rangda going into despair to summon it.

About which, Kyubey says the following:
Kyubey: "A witch not of this world is here as a false being created by partial information. I'm shocked it was able to materialize like this."

Also, having rewatched with context, some of the dialogue presented as being from Ririn is interesting knowing it's Rangda.

Ririn (Rangda): "I'm sick of it. We fight battle after battle, yet it never ends. Our exhausted minds and bodies can never rest. Fate won't allow it. Don't you feel the same, Madoka? As a magical girl, you're constantly fighting..."
Ririn (Rangda): "That's not your average gem, right? You're just like me, Madoka. I can tell. You fight tooth and nail even as you harbor painful feelings and remain shackled by a destiny you can't escape."

Rangda also calls Walpurgisnacht "an unbeatable power", if that's worth anything, since it's somewhat like "infinite", & we do scale demons to infinities, no?

Demon (Rangda): "I wanted... an unbeatable power. One that could change my eternal battle with Barong and crush that inescapable destiny... It was all I ever wanted. And yet..."

There may also be some stuff to do with Fate Manipulation here.
Either way, I'd assume the stuff about exhausted minds & bodies never resting & constantly fighting might be notable for Stamina.
Even if you didn't index Rangda or Barong, you might be able to argue it scales to other demons via superiority....

Also, similarly to Rangda, this Walpurgisnacht survives its first battle with the Liberators.
Relevant dialogue includes:
Homura: "It's a witch of immense power. To think we'd have to fight it like this..."
Megakin: "You've got us. We may not be your top pick, but there's strength in numbers."
Homura: "..." ("Yes, we have firepower. Moreover...) "I suppose it's worth trying."
Ririn: "Don't worry. That's why we're here! We're all in Giga-Focus Mode!"
Megakin: "Let's do this!"
Battle transition, Walpurgisnacht boss battle happens.
Next cutscene
>They quickly attack Walpurgisnacht before it can retaliate.
Gakuto: "Nice! Let's concentrate our next strike on one point!"
>Madoka, Homura, and the demon allies gather in one place.
Homura: "Come on!"
Madoka: "At last, we'll...!"
A flash of white & a big explosion-like burst sound with shattering sounds.

Megakin: "Did we win?!"
Gakuto: "A blow like that would finish off most..."
Madoka: "... What? No, that's impossible..."
Seiran: "How is it still alive?"
Megakin: "So, this is Walpurgisnacht."
Homura: "No, it isn't."
Gakuto: "What?!"
Homura: "They look the same, but it feels different. It's what you all call a "demon.""
Seiran: "That's a demon...?"
Megakin: "Either way, it's still a threat. The problem is how to beat it."
Gakuto: "It's near-suicidal, but if we risk a bigger attack- ! Crap, here it comes!"

So, called "a witch of immense power", survives being "quickly attacked before it can retaliate" & a concentrated strike on one point from Madoka, Homura & the demon allies which Gakuto responded to with "A blow like that would finish off most..." & Madoka thought was impossible. Gakuto also suggested risking a "near-suicidal" bigger attack before Walpurgisnacht retaliated, with an attack Ririn had to intercept for Madoka, wounding Ririn to the point Jeng Yun thought Ririn needed medical attention, although she later was able to stand after laying down & being supervised by Madoka & Homura, thanks to her determination to keep her promise to protect them.

Not to mention anything that may be relevant if there's scaling for being an Aura Gate's Master/creator. (& connecting Madoka & Homura's world to Dx2's.)

Last edited:
Back