• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mega Man X Ability Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
X is a missing a quite a few abilities and I'm going to try and fix that.

X should have:

Rage Power: In the Day Of Sigma OVA after he witnessed Sigma bomb the city he got angered and gained a notable boost of power

Healing: He can heal himself with subtanks (those should be added to his standard equipment). He was also able to heal himself without them in his rematch with Vile.

Power Mimicry and Weapon Creation: I am honestly surprised these abilities aren't on his profile already. Like his predecessor, X can copy the abilities of defeated opponents and recreate the materials needed to use those abilities with his Variable Weapon system.

Teleportation: This is another ability I'm surprised he didn't already have. X can teleport long distances in a beam of light(non-combat applicable). This ability is how X enters and leaves every stage in the X games.

Homing Attack: He can launch homing missiles that track enemies with Homing Torpedo. Aiming Laser also gives him this ability.

Explosion Manipulation: X has multiple bombs and missiles.

Air Manipulation: X has multiple air based weapons.

Magnetism Manipulation: X is able to pull scraps of Metal toward himself with a charged Silk Shot.

Acid Manipulation: He can launch small blobs of acid with the Acid Burst.

Vibration Manipulation: X is able to create small tremors that harm opponents with a charged Triad Thunder.

Summoning: He can summon three dragonfly shaped mechanloids that attack opponents with the Yammar Option

Danmaku: A lot of charged weapons give him this ability. For example, Magma Blade, Ray Arrow, and Metal Anchor just to name a few.

Crystal Manipulation: Crystal Wall allows X to create crystals and use them as shields.

Forcefield Negation: His fully charged shots are capable of negating Forcefields. (the player is mashing through the text to it's kind of hard to read. It's easier to read if the video is slowed down)

Resistance to Paralysis Inducement: He broke out of Vile's paralysis.

Resistance to Corrosion Inducement: He was able to survive in Acid Rain for a significant amount of time. He even says that he's only a bit damaged by it. More support for this is the fact that he can tank multiple acid attacks from Toxic Seahorse and still be in one piece.

That's it.

Last edited:
It's canonicity is kind of questionable. Even though it's supposed to be setup for the story of Mega Man X it does contradict some parts of the X games though. For example, Dr. Cain is killed by Sigma's bombing in the Day of Sigma despite the fact that he appears later in games like Mega Man X2. There's also the fact that in the Day Of Sigma it shows that X is the one who gave Sigma the scars on his eyes despite the fact that Zero does it in X4. It should probably not be used and I will remove Rage Power from the OP. Sigma's Pressure Points should also be removed considering the fact the ability comes from the ova.

Last edited:
Agree
Also, a reminder that if these abilities get accepted and used in the profiles, OVER-1 would also have to receive them as he possesses X powers

Yosh! Got a small window to check this out!

Examines all the proposed changes

This all checks out at a glance.

It's canonicity is kind of questionable. Even though it's supposed to be setup for the story of Mega Man X it does contradict some parts of the X games though. For example, Dr. Cain is killed by Sigma's bombing in the Day of Sigma despite the fact that he appears later in games like Mega Man X2. There's also the fact that in the Day Of Sigma it shows that X is the one who gave Sigma the scars on his eyes despite the fact that Zero does it in X4. It should probably not be used and I will remove Rage Power from the OP. Sigma's Pressure Points should also be removed considering the fact the ability comes from the ova.
You see, the recent guide confirmed it's canon. It mentioned Cain getting nuked and surviving it.

Agreed, though I wouldn't say "Limited Teleportation" since it's limited in terms of how X uses it rather than the ability itself being limited. It's still teleportation. Rock used his teleportation to escape dire situations instead of solely using it for travel so X's shouldn't be different if that makes sense.

Also, X didn't have obvious abilities like Power Mimicry and Teleportation? I had no idea. What a travesty.

Agreed, basic shit, only one of these is questionable but it's already covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back