• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mega Man 11 Additions & More

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the release of Mega Man 11, we have the Double Gear System which greatly increases the power and speed of robots and Mega Man has this installed within his own systems. So there are a few addtions I believe should be added. I'll also discuss some more addtions from my own findings.

- Mega Man 11 Addtions:

The Power Gear increases his overall power, overcharging the Mega Buster to fire two Charge Shots and his Robot Master weapons for greater firepower. Additionally, the Speed Gear increases Mega Man's already amazing speed to the point where time seems slowed down to him (kinda like the Flash). It's unknown by how much Mega Man's power and speed is increased, but to me it seems Higher in his Speed and Attack Potency would do it justice. Perhaps Mega Man's Durability could be Higher as well since some of the Mega Man 11 Robot Masters had access to Power Gears and could damage Mega Man. I believe Mega Man should also have Resistance to Acid Manipulation / Corrosion Inducement (as others mentioned in a previous thread) since he tanked Acid Man's acid attacks and kept fighting on. Also, the acid pools within the Robot Master's stage outright melted lesser robots while Mega Man only takes very little damage from them if he falls in (it only deals two units of damage really). While on the topic, Mega Man should have Acid Manipulation too. That's pretty much it for Mega Man 11 it seems as I can't think of any other notable feats from the game, but I can be wrong.

- Other Additions:

Intangibility / Invulnerability: With a weapon called Time Switch, Mega Man can stop time for a couple of seconds multiple times and can walk right through enemies and their attacks without suffering damage. Also, with a weapon called Doppel Crash, Mega Man charges forward with a blade to slash at his foes and is invulnerable while doing so. This is similar to Bass's Doppler Attack, which makes also makes him completely invincible. So, while both Mega Man and Bass use their respective weapons differently, they still share the same effects since those weapons were copied from the same robot. Break Dash also shares the same properties as Doppel Crash.

Light Manipulation: With Flash Stopper, Mega Man emits a light of 10,000,000 watts to blind or stun foes (in addition to the whole time-stopping thing but that's kinda debatable).

From Strength Augmentation to Statistics Amplification: Due to the Double Gear System, Mega Man can enhance his power and speed along with his physical strength with Super Arm.

From Meteor Summoning to Summoning: Along with Astro Crush (which summons meteor storms), Hornet Chaser, Mega Man summons three robotic hornets to retrieve items and attack foes. Additionally, he can instantly summon his companions Rush and Eddie to drop off life energy and weapon energy for Mega Man (to heal him and refill his ammo respectively).

Healing / Energy Absorption: With Energy Tanks (with the maximum that can be held being 9) and Mystery and Super Tanks (one each). Also, with Grab Buster, Mega Man steals energy from foes and heals himself with it in return.

Durability Negation: According to the Durability Negation page, manipulators of space-time "can easily bypass physical durability." With this in mind, wouldn't weapons like Black Hole Bomb, Black Hole, and Centaur Flash apply to this? The Black Hole Creation page states that black holes also bypass durability due to the tidal forces within them approaching infinity and Mega Man has two weapons that can create them. Before anyone questions the legitimacy of these black holes here's a response from ClassicGameGuys who goes into full detail why these black holes are real. I would try to explain it myself, but I feel he explains it much better than I possibly can. Also, Centaur Flash is described as a weapon that "warps space" according to Centaur Man's profile, which the page also states that manipulating space grants this ability. Additionally, Mega Man has several absolute zero weapons to work with and the Absolute Zero page states it can be considered a form of durability negation. With all of this considered, I believe this should be added.

Resistance to Transmutation and Hacking: Concrete Man's Concrete Shot which can turn anything into concrete. Now it's description on its wiki page may say otherwise, but it was able to turn Galaxy Man's black holes into concrete and leaves no trace of an enemy target. However, Mega Man tanked this attack and continued to fight Concrete Man, defeating him. Additionally, Mega Man was highly resistant to the effects of Roboenza (a highly contagious robot virus that made any infected robot go berserk) and only started to get infected after days of fighting hordes of infected robots. Mega Man was never affected again even after going through Wily's massive fortress (in which he fought even more robots and bosses) and stopping him once again. There's also Evil Energy which was stated by Duo to be potent enough to take over the Earth in a matter of days (Mega Man 8 Script). Mega Man fought hordes of robots and Bass infected by Evil Energy and outright broke out of a direct assault from the Energy itself before battling Dr. Wily. Only towards the very end of the game after he was knocked unconcious by Wily Castle 8's self-destruction did Mega Man succumb to Evil Energy, which was removed from his body by Duo.

Lifting and Striking Strength: Super Arm increases Mega Man's physical strength and while it's not known by how much, it still augments his strength so Higher could be added to show this.

EDIT:

Mega Man's Teleportation Speed:
Mega Man's profile states his teleportation speed is the same as Proto Man's teleporter, where he was able to teleport from Earth to Pluto nearly instantly, making his teleportation 14,276.5433c. The same person who calc'd this debunked this feat in the comment section of the link, stating it's too vague, but they do discover that Mega Man's teleportation is actually much higher since Mega Man 3's planets (the stages of the Robot Masters) were colonized in other solar systems, meaning Mega Man and Proto Man teleported over 4 light years in about a minute at most, making their teleportation speed 2,218,032c, which is more consistent with Mega Man X's X7 teleportation feat.

I agree with these additions, but I would emphasize the meaning the Power Gear has for Megaman overall durability and power. The Double Gear system is stated to overheat and permanently damage robotic systems if used recklessly, but Megaman is able to use an admittedly flawed version made on the fly by Dr Light, and when it overheats, only reduces him to 1 HP, takes away the charged buster and the 1-buster-per-screen limitation, not life-threatening for Megaman. All these Robot Masters with the Power Gear also seem to have much greater power, but Megaman can still handle their hits so it stands to reason that by Megaman 11 he must have greater durability.

After all, most of the Robot Masters already have Planet level + durability and attack potency, so something that threatens to permanently damage their systems being handled all fine by Megaman must mean something.

The parts would also be a nice addition for this page. We have the Power Shield that decreases damage for Megaman, and the fixed Double Gear that allows him to spam both without repercussions.

@Drayco

I mentioned the Mirror Buster in a previous thread (along with Jewel Satellite which also reflects projectiles) and it's acknowledged by Attack Reflection being added to his Powers and Abilities.

@EdgarDom

The parts that remove energy costs for special weapons and the cool down for the Double Gear System are really post-game stuff. For example, to get a fixed Double Gear System, you need to get a game over about a dozen times iirc (kinda like how Mario gets the White Tanooki suit only after dying a certain amount of times). Mega Man doesn't canonically get them and they're very cryptic to unlock, so they can't be really added sadly.

They are not present at the moment, also Yellow Devil and Wily should receive new informations since they are the last MG11 bosses.

The Mega Man 11 additions sound fine.

I'm wishy-washy about invulnerability. Mainly because it's discussing contact damage, which is more of a game mechanic than an actual form of damage. That said, it also lets you walk through attacks, so if someone else approves this I won't mind approving it.

Given Flash Man and Bright Man, Light Manipulation should be fine.

Statistics Amplification sounds fine given the Double Gear system.

Summoning sounds okay as well.

Transmutation is okay, but I'm not 100% sure about hacking, mainly because Mega Man was going to succumb to Roboenza in Mega Man 10.

Lifting and Striking Strength upgrades should be fine too.

@Reppuzan

It's true that Mega Man was going to succumb to Roboenza, but the fact that it took that long for the virus to affect him is impressive. The virus already had infected the entire world's robots in less than a month or so, showing that it's highly contagious. Considering that Wily developed the virus himself, it's very likely Roboenza started breaking out in the city Mega Man resides in, which makes sense since Roll seemed to be the first robot ever infected. However, Mega Man was just fine for a month and when he had to go out find Wily's parts for his medicine machine, he fought through hordes of infected robots and Robot Masters in those contaminated areas and was okay. It was only after he defeated all of the eight Robot Masters (which probably took an additional week) did he finally become infected himself. But, after he was cured by Roll, he continued to go through Wily's fortress (in which he fought even more infected robots) and was never infected again. Same thing for Evil Energy, but Mega Man was only infected because he was caught off guard and knocked out by Wily Castle 8's self-destruction.

So while Mega Man isn't immune to these viruses, it took a very long time for them to actually infect him when they were potent enough to infect the entire planet in a matter of days and weeks, showing he must have resistance to them.

Well while we are at it, yeah, Flash Stopper should not be added as a "time manipulation" weapon, since the whole canon schtick of the weapon is that it blinds the enemies and so stuns them.

As for how it stops platforms and engines... well leave it as a game inconsistency. Wouldn't really matter much since Megaman already has a far superior Time Stop weapon with the Flash Stopper (that according to Super Adventure now allows him to use a special buster and change weapons).

@EdgarDom The schtick of blinding people is in name alone alone considering it stops time in game. So it is indeed time manipulation.

Flashman.EXE on the other hand is another story. But this isn't about him.

I'm actually confused about whether Flash Stopper is time manipulation or not. I don't know if I should believe the gameplay (since enemies and projectiles and such can be frozen even in midair) or the Mega Man & Bass CD data which states that the weapon just blinds opponents.

Actually, maybe gameplay > statements in this case since Capcom released schematics for Mega Man a while back which stated he was only 1,500 horsepower or some crap like that IIRC when he's clearly way above that. Perhaps Flash Stopper is just another example of such nonsense.

@X Squared

Capcom seems to have forgotten about that, since Time Man explicitly controls Time and the Flash Stopper is an improvement on Time Man's Time Slow.

Reppuzan said:
@X Squared
Capcom seems to have forgotten about that, since Time Man explicitly controls Time and the Flash Stopper is an improvement on Time Man's Time Slow.
It's Flash Man's Time Stopper that is an improvement of Time Man's Time Slow. It's confuses because Flash Man uses Time Stopper and not a Flash Stopper like Bright Man 0v0

@Executor

I'm writing a midterm paper right now, so I'm sorry for getting them confused.

@Reppuzan

Yeah, I'm now completely on board with Flash Stopper being time manipulation since some descriptions written by the devs are contradicted by gameplay and feats such as the whole 1,500 horsepower Mega Man thing.

That being said, may these be added sometime later or is further approval needed?

What Reppuzan accepted should probably be fine.

So are all of the points addressed in this thread approved or are there some that are a bit uncertain? Just trying to make sure.

Reppuzan said:
The Mega Man 11 additions sound fine.

I'm wishy-washy about invulnerability. Mainly because it's discussing contact damage, which is more of a game mechanic than an actual form of damage. That said, it also lets you walk through attacks, so if someone else approves this I won't mind approving it.

Given Flash Man and Bright Man, Light Manipulation should be fine.

Statistics Amplification sounds fine given the Double Gear system.

Summoning sounds okay as well.

Transmutation is okay, but I'm not 100% sure about hacking, mainly because Mega Man was going to succumb to Roboenza in Mega Man 10.

Lifting and Striking Strength upgrades should be fine too.
Here is what Reppuzan accepted.

I think manuals should only be taken into account if they do not contradict in-game feats. For this reason, flash stopper should be considered a temporal manipulation skill as it also for platforms and engines.

I understand. I asked that because there are other points that weren't exactly addressed such as durability negation, healing/energy absorption, and the newly added teleportation speed upgrade.

I'm also wondering if intangibility (since invulnerability seems to be up in the air) and resistance to hacking are 100% approved now.

I'm not trying to be pushy, but I'd like to see some thoughts on those aforementioned points as opposed to them never being noticed or spoken about.

Well, if Reppuzan does not reply, you can place a polite request on his message wall.

@X Squared

Well, logically, weapons like the Black Hole Bomb would as per physics, but I usually only throw Durability Negation on a page if an ability explicitly bypasses it as a matter of course. For example, Almighty attacks in the Shin Megami Tensei series automatically bypass all elemental resistances. I normally don't put Durability Negation as a separate ability for things like black holes and absolute zero.

Healing and energy absorption seem fine as well.

I'm also fine with the teleportation speed upgrade.

So, I suppose that the accepted changes can be carried out?

If you'd like, I can add them myself.

Buuuut, one more thing: resistance to hacking is a-okay right? :v

I do not know. You have to wait for a confirmation from Reppuzan about the hacking.

I think so, yes. Which, if any, pages do you need unlocked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back