• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metro Man Upgrade - Death Ray Edition.

Tally ho, ladies and gents.

You've read the title, so I won't waste your time.

Instead, I'll start by prefacing that Metro Man 100% scales to and above Megamind's Death Ray. An important part of this scale actually comes from the short sequel Megamind: the Button of Doom.
In this film, Megamind has completely cemented himself in Metro Man's role; Metro Cities own personal blue-headed hero. In this film, however, he accidentally triggers one of his more powerful mechanical monstrosities; Mega Megamind.

To try and counter this threat, not-so-mega Megamind dons a suit designed to replicate Metro Man's powers. Charging head-first, Megamind is actually completely confident that he should be able to stomp Mega Megamind -- and even flips the giant robot a dozen feet into the air. Mega Megamind comes back down and stomps on Megamind; whose able to withstand it with his new suit. The fight doesn't go that well, and Megamind runs away with his tail between his legs.

What's important here is that Megamind was, again, confident that with Metro Man's powers, he should have no problem beating down this titanic version of his previous evil self. I remind you all that Metro Man was holding back significantly in every one of their encounters, going as far to call it a "silly charade". Megamind was actually surprised when the Death Ray supposedly 'killed' Metro Man; clearly not thinking the "full, concentrated power of the sun" would be able to stop his life-long rival.

So, Megamind believed that a suit designed to replicate his rivals (one who was holding back substantially for decades) powers would stop the Mega Megamind -- and even takes a blow from the robot. Okay, but where does the Death Ray come in? If you've seen the Button of Doom, you know that at the end, Mega Megamind was actually destroyed when Minion again powers the Death Ray. But a piece of the head actually survives, as shown in the credits.

tl;dr, in-case some people are in a rush or lazy -
Metro Man would scale to the Death Ray via superiority to the Mega Megamind; a piece of which was able to survive the Death Ray explosion, and Megamind himself believing that technology designed to replicate a holding-back Metro Man would be able to easy stomp. Megamind even briefly overpowered the Mega Megamind and withstood a stomp from him using this suit.

Thank you all for reading, let's discuss.

Mega Megamind wouldn't scale to the Death Ray, it was shattered into pieces. If you took an explosion and only your head was left, how exactly do you scale to the explosion? There is no logic here, Mega Megamind isn't even in the same dimension of the Death Ray since it one shotted him.

This just means Metro Man is superior to both Mega Megamind and the Super Suit, it doesn't make him comparable to the Death Ray. Nothing here suggest he could inflict the same level of destruction the Death Ray did. I don't understand how this would even imply that Metro Man is superior to the Death Ray.

Obviously, Metro Man could scale to the Death Ray if some logic is found since none of the above limits him at all. Also Megamind didn't think Metro Man could withstand the Death Ray, he thought he'd break out and take him down. He was shocked that he was "weakened" by the copper, couldn't escape, and died from it.

It's not possible to say his disbelief in this scene only comes from him dying from the Death Ray, when there are multiple factors behind why he was so baffled.

To make it clear, I'm not implying that Metro Man is meant to be weaker than the Death Ray. I'm saying is that the OP hasn't provided proper evidence to show why he should actual scale to it at all. In fact, there might be enough reason for a possibly rating on top of his current rating.

Although, it would only apply to his durability and not his attack potency. We don't scale AP to Dura without justification.

Metro Man had to fake being weakened by copper in order to sell the fact the Death Ray would kill him. Which implies that if he wasn't drained by copper he'd be able to withstand the Death Ray. Now that above I mentioned does still apply, since he could've just avoided it and not tanked it had he not been "weakened".

So it's not fully certain he could tank the Death Ray, just that it could never hit him due to how slow it was in comparison to him and how long it took to charge. Once again, not saying it could kill Metro Man or anything like that. Just that there is nothing concrete in terms of scaling for a solid rating, that I'm aware of.

Mega Megamind wouldn't scale to the Death Ray, it was shattered into pieces. If you took an explosion and only your head was left, how exactly do you scale to the explosion? There is no logic here, Mega Megamind isn't even in the same dimension of the Death Ray since it one shotted him.

This just means Metro Man is superior to both Mega Megamind and the Super Suit, it doesn't make him comparable to the Death Ray. Nothing here suggest he could inflict the same level of destruction the Death Ray did. I don't understand how this would even imply that Metro Man is superior to the Death Ray.

Obviously, Metro Man could scale to the Death Ray if some logic is found since none of the above limits him at all. Also Megamind didn't think Metro Man could withstand the Death Ray, he thought he'd break out and take him down. He was shocked that he was "weakened" by the copper, couldn't escape, and died from it.

It's not possible to say his disbelief in this scene only comes from him dying from the Death Ray, when there are multiple factors behind why he was so baffled.

To make it clear, I'm not implying that Metro Man is meant to be weaker than the Death Ray. I'm saying is that the OP hasn't provided proper evidence to show why he should actual scale to it at all. In fact, there might be enough reason for a possibly rating on top of his current rating.

Although, it would only apply to his durability and not his attack potency. We don't scale AP to Dura without justification.

Metro Man had to fake being weakened by copper in order to sell the fact the Death Ray would kill him. Which implies that if he wasn't drained by copper he'd be able to withstand the Death Ray. Now that above I mentioned does still apply, since he could've just avoided it and not tanked it had he not been "weakened".

So it's not fully certain he could tank the Death Ray, just that it could never hit him due to how slow it was in comparison to him and how long it took to charge. Once again, not saying it could kill Metro Man or anything like that. Just that there is nothing concrete in terms of scaling for a solid rating, that I'm aware of.
I agree with Rusty here.

I agree with this

Back