• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Medaka content revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I want to make some clarification to Medaka and her abilities.

1) Due to "The End" (i'll call it TE in this thread) Bookmaker makes her opponent weaker than a minus (as shown with forsaken god mode, she said she fused god mode with bookmaker, so there is no reason for her to become "weaker" than her opponent unless her Bookmaker makes you weaker).

1.1) Some clarification on Bookmaker while im at it. Bookmaker doesn't make the opponent equal to the user in every way. The easiest way to think of Bookmaker is "sealing what makes you special", so literally everything. And you become a "minus" in every way, though throughout the manga they say equal to Kumagawa but that's due to the fact that Kumagawa is the literal definition of a minus.

2) Scar Dead and Encounter. Idk if it's due to All Fiction or TE but they seem to have an off switch (medaka seems to be able to hold their effects back) on Medaka. I mean she would be going around killing everyone with scar dead and she wouldn't have been dmg-ed like...ever if Encounter rly were passive on her.

3) Medaka should have "infinite" (or possibly infinite if you find it's more appropriate like that) on her speed and strength profile when all he strongest abilities are used (for her unknown tier). Ajimu's magic allows her to govern speed and strength. (and another ability makes her have "instant movements" the ability is called Route Selection)

4) Unknown Hero also appears to have an off switch on Medaka, due to her never having been hard to notice.

5) There should be a link to the abilities she copied from Ajimu on her profile.

6) Medaka is missing power creation and power bestowal on her profile (as well as the possible powers Hanten said he could make along with life creation). She saw Hanten use it.

7) She is also missing "power mutability" (superpower manipulation) or whatever it's called. The power Shiranui had (which can also be used as an explanation to why Medaka can hold back the "passive" abilities).

8) The end can't copy stuff that exceed medaka's physical limit. That's what it says on her profile and it's wrong. She can't copy someone's physical capabilities. So if she sees goku punch the sun away she won't be able to replicate that, though if Goku uses a "skill" to blow the sun away she can replicate that. She wouldn't have been able to copy Hinokage's "Theme Song" if that were the case, Medaka said Hinokage was stronger than herself.

9) The end is not bound by dimensions. 1. Just copying ajimu's abilities proves it's not bound by medaka's existence since Ajimu said she is in a higher state of being, everyone is just ink on paper for her etc etc, all her other claims. 2. She copied "dimension" related abilities from Ajimu which she wouldn't have been able to. 3. Medaka has a skill called "Damage dealt doesn't heal" (check her abilities) and the author of the manga said she copied this ability from fighting Iihiko, and Iihiko was stated to be of another dimension.

10) The End can copy even abilities that give authority or even divine powers. Check Ajimu's skills. Abilities like "power over life and death" "make all of creation sit down" (gives her control authority over all of creation) or even stuff like "pass divine punishment" and "divine protection from evil" and ofc the infamous "become god skill". The end seems to not have any limits on the authority and divine copying.

11) She is also missing "devil style". Zenkichi's abnormality, the power to prevent fate, plot, probability and narrative causality from interfering. Practically nullifying Fate, Plot and Narration.

I think I had some more things to say, can't remember them doe.

You are literally wanking Medaka to "Immunity to anything and the power to copy everything in existence and use all existence"

Firephoenixearl said:
So I want to make some clarification to Medaka and her abilities.
1) Due to "The End" (i'll call it TE in this thread) Bookmaker makes her opponent weaker than a minus (as shown with forsaken god mode, she said she fused god mode with bookmaker, so there is no reason for her to become "weaker" than her opponent unless her Bookmaker makes you weaker).
I'll leave this to someone who better knows the series

1.1) Some clarification on Bookmaker while im at it. Bookmaker doesn't make the opponent equal to the user in every way. The easiest way to think of Bookmaker is "sealing what makes you special", so literally everything. And you become a "minus" in every way, though throughout the manga they say equal to Kumagawa but that's due to the fact that Kumagawa is the literal definition of a minus.

Scans that it makes them a minus rather than equal?

2) Scar Dead and Encounter. Idk if it's due to All Fiction or TE but they seem to have an off switch (medaka seems to be able to hold their effects back) on Medaka. I mean she would be going around killing everyone with scar dead and she wouldn't have been dmg-ed like...ever if Encounter rly were passive on her.

I didn't realise they were passive, but seems fine to assume she can turn them off if she isn't damaging everything around her after she gets scar dead

3) Medaka should have "infinite" on her speed and strength profile when all he strongest abilities are used (for her unknown tier). Ajimu's magic allows her to govern speed and strength. (and another ability makes her have "instant movements")

To begin with, you'll need to provide proof that Medaka copied the speed governing skill. And that's just the start, but it's the easiest place.

4) Unknown Hero also appears to have an off switch on Medaka, due to her never having been hard to notice.

Again, didn't realise it was passive all the time, but if a note gets added to its description I'm fine with that

5) There should be a link to the abilities she copied from Ajimu on her profile.

Considering most of them are just names without descriptions, I don't see how that would be useful. While it is true they should be indexed, I suspect it would lead to further wank (cough "Fate Invalid = above the concept of fate on a High 1-B level"). So I am neutral, but leaning towards disfavour.

6) Medaka is missing power creation on her profile. She saw Hanten use it.

7) She is also missing "power mutability" or whatever it's called. The power Shiranui had (which can also be used as an explanation to why Medaka can hold back the "passive" abilities).

8) The end can't copy stuff that exceed medaka's physical limit. That's what it says on her profile and it's wrong. She can't copy someone's physical capabilities. So if she sees goku punch the sun away she won't be able to replicate that, though if Goku uses a "skill" to blow the sun away she can replicate that. She wouldn't have been able to copy Hinokage's "Theme Song" if that were the case, Medaka said Hinokage was stronger than herself.

9) The end is not bound by dimensions. 1. Just copying ajimu's abilities proves it's not bound by medaka's existence since Ajimu said she is in a higher state of being, everyone is just ink on paper for her etc etc, all her other claims. 2. She copied "dimension" related abilities from Ajimu which she wouldn't have been able to and even then crossing dimensions to copy an ability of a higher dimension is a viable option for her. 3. Medaka has a skill called "Damage dealt doesn't heal" (check her abilities) and the author of the manga said she copied this ability from fighting Iihiko, and Iihiko was stated to be of another dimension.

No, but I'm too tired to explain why not.

10) The End can copy even abilities that give authority or even divine powers. Check Ajimu's skills. Abilities like "power over life and death" "make all of creation sit down" (gives her control authority over all of creation) or even stuff like "pass divine punishment" and "divine protection from evil" and ofc the infamous "become god skill". The end seems to not have any limits on the authority and divine copying.

Show proof Medaka copied it to start.

SchroKatze said:
You are literally wanking Medaka to "Immunity to anything and the power to copy everything in existence and use all existence"
Ok cool im wanking, prove that i AM actually wanking. You said "wanking" even about All Fiction being above universal even though the mods approved that and added it to his profile.

I was against the conceptual nature of AF and the "immunity to any kind and level of erasure", not its range or AP.

You need to prove that Medaka can do that all, burden of proof.

SchroKatze said:
I was against the conceptual nature of AF and the "immunity to any kind and level of erasure", not its range or AP.
You need to prove that Medaka can do that all, burden of proof.
That's what the thread is for. It's stuff i think should be changed with proof.

Ok,so... @Monarch Laciel the numbers are my answers to the points.

1.1) Hmm... here. https://pm1.narvii.com/6035/619de3f8042d2d17de6cfd5fe5c111ab18edbae3_hq.jpg Kumagawa says it bluntly "bookmaker turns a plus into a minus". And it wouldn't make sense for Bookmaker to make the opponent equal to the user cus that would mean that if Medaka used it the person would get a HUGE buff to his capabilities even though Bookmaker is a "minus" so an ability with negative effects, buffing ppl would go against that.

2) Yes they are passive. Though only at their cores apparently. So encounter pushes away all dmg as a passive (he would have been trashed by Hinokage if that weren't the case and he didn't get dmg when the scar dead user hit him in the back of the head while he was just sitting there playing with his PSP, he wouldn't have been able to react to that since he didn't see it coming), but he can choose whether he wants the hit to connect or not (when he didn't let the screw hit him). Same for Scar Dead she was opening the wounds of her classmates just by being near them though she "chose" to open mental wounds on the Ice-Fire user (unless it's more like she chose to open them all at once).

3. Medaka said she copied the skills she could catch a glimpse of from Ajimu. She saw ajimu use the magic , boss and all the other skills when she fought the suitors. Check ajimu's abilities from her profile (the images) and see the speed and strength governing stuff in the magic category.

4. Unknown Hero is passive since it doesn't even put the blame on the person but medaka said "he is so strong ppl WANT to look away from him". Which means he has no control, and he never was recognized by other students for saving them.

10. Same as the ones for speed and strength governing, she did them right in front of Medaka and Medaka said she copied all. Check Boss category.

You can check under Medaka Box in the Knowledgeable Members List for people to ask to comment here, but I do not think that we can consider Medaka to be able to create any ability she wants, to view all of existence as ink on a paper, or to have infinite strength and speed without concrete proof. It seems safer to classify most MB characters with unknown ratings.

I am somewhat knowledgeable myself, but do not remember it very well anymore.

Antvasima said:
You can check under Medaka Box in the Knowledgeable Members List for people to ask to comment here, but I do not think that we can consider Medaka to be able to create any ability she wants, to view all of existence as ink on a paper, or to have infinite strength and speed without concrete proof. It seems safer to classify most MB characters with unknown ratings.
Ofc she should still have her unknown tier but im talking about a rating like this: Speed: l Unknow possibly infinite

And about the creating any ability, while i don't really doubt she can create even REALLY powerful abilities, Hanten was on the same level of existence as Ajimu and created some of her abilities which means he is also around her level of power (when creating powers) and Medaka has that power at 120% strength. I just wanted a mention to "power creation" and "power bestowal" on her Powers and Abilities , since it's missing.

Also i apear to have forgotten sth lemme add it now.

Oh Boi. there's alot here to address. But let's start with this

show scans of Medaka copying Hanten or Shiranui's skills of skill creation and skill manipulation respectively

Walking Strawman said:
Oh Boi. there's alot here to address. But let's start with this
show scans of Medaka copying Hanten or Shiranui's skills of skill creation and skill manipulation respectively
Hmm let me actually show sth much easier. This is ripped right off of her profile.

However, The End does have its limits; Medaka cannot learn skills that exceed her physical limits, and she is unable to stop herself from learning an Abnormality when she experiences it.

Once she learns about an abnormality she copies it by default. And she knows about both Hanten and Shiranui.

And even if you don't believe that, https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11123/111234294/4828931-0056681922-36333.jpg

Medaka said she copied every skill she COULD copy. And since she knows about the abilities she CAN copy them.

also, she didn't copy Devil Style. having that skill makes her Hero status useless, so it may have been intentional that they didn't tell her about it. if they did tell her about it, then show me a scan of when

Hmm 1. you forget that via Ajimu's abilities she becomes Omniscient (if she activates the damned abilities). Therefore there is no way she doesn't know about the abilities. Though im not gonna tell u to count that as proof.

2. http://fanfox.net/manga/medaka_box/v19/c166/4.html The moment she copied Hanten's ability.

3.Medaka can read minds. Shiranui, Zenkichi and even Kumagawa know about real eater.

4. Here is proof Medaka knows about Zenkichi's abilities (he fought right in front of her) http://fanfox.net/manga/medaka_box/v19/c161/4.html

and here she fought him http://a.fanfox.net/store/manga/585...e39bad7928bd8e48d2578a3bf2e4a0&ttl=1524589200

5.And in the Boquet Toss arc when she fight the whole school she also fights Shiranui.

Has somebody asked KamiYasha and the knowledgeable members yet?

1) Unlike many of Ajimu's other abilities, it was never stated what skill (or summation of skills) gave her Omniscience. She also usually kept her Omniscience off during the series. Medaka, even when she unloaded her full arsenal at Iihiko, did not figure out Iihiko's weakness was styles, nor did she gain the knowledge that Doctor Tsurubami was alive. Therefore, occum's razor dictates that she did not copy omniscience

2) that link isnt working for me, can you send the scans in another format?

3) Why would she use it on her friends? Kumagawa is resistent to Mind hax, and Medaka didn't read Shiranui's mind during the entire Unknow Shiranui arc so I don't know when she would have or why she would have. What would have driven her over the edge in character? She trusts and respects Zenkichi too much to read his mind

4) this link doesn't work either. also, it may be a plot hole, but since she still has The Hero working she can't have Devil Style working at the same time. I hope you realise you are going to be making Medaka much weaker by giving her Devil Style

5) Shiranui doens't use Real Eater in combat usually, I doubt she would there

1) True though still Ajimu is stated to be omniscient with "that" much abilities. And there is no proof Medaka would use "know every answer" skill to "kill" Iihiko since it has no attack potency as a skill. Though still as i said don't take it as proof.

2) Ok i will try, though it's just Hanten talking to Medaka and mentioning his Skill that makes skills. Shall i resend scan?

3) I used that as a possiblility. If that were my proof i wouldn't bother with the other points.

4) It's just Medaka fighting Zenkichi's clone. And zenkichi fighting his clone in the shiranui village, since the clones have an exact copy of the abilities. Medaka saw both fight and therefore has no trouble using the skill. Now what i really want to adress here is The Hero. Medaka can just turn off Devil Style (same thing she did with scar dead or encounter and all the other stuff that should be passive) / didn't use it at all. Though there are a lot of ways to make Devil Style not affect The Hero (make an exception skill, to alter the skill)

5) Well that fight represented Medaka fighting everything. And i doubt Shiranui would hold back a skill as powerful as that against Medaka.

I don't have a lot of time to answer verify every number, so I'll need to go back to the manga in order to verify Fire's claims with evidence. Possibly by beginning of May when school is about to be over for Summer.

However at the moment what I know for sure is true will be.

2. Scar Dead and Encoutner are indeed passive, but they do contain an Off Switch. This is why Shibuki Shibushi and Medaka Kurokami aren't always damaging people in their vicinty throught the contains of the series.

3. The same is with Unknown Hero.

5. The link of abilities besides Trample Skills, she got from Ajimu is already on her profile. However, in regard to the rest its pretty wet ground due to the fact Medaka "got a glimpse of" Ajimu's quadrillion skills, she only saw the 600 Ajimu used during the Jet Black Bride Wedding arc plus any she may have used during the Not Equal Arc and the first half of the Unknown Shiranui arc. So, in all there can be a list of all the skills Medaka has mentioned of having, but never used on screen after viewing Ajimu.

8. This is the End's viable weakness. It is seen throughout the series that Medaka cannot copy pure physical strength. So, @Firephoenixearl example is spot on. Goku using pure strength to punch the Moon, Medaka won't be able to copy it. Goku enchancing his muscles with ki in order to punch the moon, Medaka will be able to copy the ki before performing the same feat better than Goku.

Every number I didn't hit. I'll need to go back and reference the manga for evidence. I do believe Iapitus the Impaler

is currently blocked on Fandom. So, he may have some input upon his return after the band if lifted.

I personally think that much of this seems like exaggerated speculation. We cannot list abilities that Medaka has never demonstrated or mentioned having, especially not a power that allows her to create any power that she wishes.

Antvasima said:
I personally think that much of this seems like exaggerated speculation. We cannot list abilities that Medaka has never demonstrated or mentioned having, especially not a power that allows her to create any power that she wishes.
Well she said she tried everything so there was no need for her to mention powers without clear attack power such as Devil Style, Power Creation, Superpower Mutation and all the other abilities in Medaka box that don't have a "clear" way to damage someone. Medaka mentioned those skills to prove that they didn't work on Iihiko. Ofc Power Creation would work since it has nothing to do with Iihiko but it doesn't have a clear way to dmg Iihiko on it's own.

Besides she has heard about them (or has seen them in action) so there is no way she hasn't copied that stuff due to The End being a passive.

Completely free power creation is such an extreme ability that I am not sure if she can use it without explicit proof.

Antvasima said:
Completely free power creation is such an extreme ability that I am not sure if she can use it without explicit proof.
Yeah but she copied Ajimu's abilities from "you know how much description" and the "five forks" case too. It was made clear that medaka can learn an ability just by hearing it (which makes me wonder what would happen if someone were to lie to her, so be like "hey there is this ability called "Broke" and it "summons someone low on money" and she just copies a power that doesn't exist xD). Since hanten did talk about it with Medaka (just it's name explains the ability, the skill that makes skills).

Maybe, maybe not. It is probably best if you ask KamiYasha and Matthew Schroeder to comment here.

SchroKatze said:
I agree 100% with this sentiment. K agree with basically nothing.

I disagree with everything except the infinite speed thing. Kumagawa has been shown to erase time to move instantly, and I think it should at least be noted on their profiles. Maybe something like 'possibly Infinite with All-fiction (All-Fiction can erase one's time, allowing them to move instantly)'

But everything else basically abuses NLF to the max. Regarding the Ajimu stuff, we must remember that Medaka Box is a metafictional parody manga. Something that must be drilled into someone's head before they can make CRTs on the verse. Ajimu is only alluded to be all powerful because that's the role she plays in the story. And Medaka's role is to always win because she's the main character. That's the only reason why she was able to even touch Ajimu. The author knew full well of this clearly, because it's a parody of other shounen manga. So as much as I'd love Universal+ Medaka and higher dimensional abilities, Unknow is probably the best we can do right now because we can't discern for certain if something needs to be taken at face value or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back