• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Medaka Box General Discussion

You know I'm kinda curious about what revisions are planned?
Mostly AP and formatting.
Though I did notice a Kinda impressive speed feat. Though it might be deemed an outlier with all the current stuff.
That being Medaka blitzing Aijmu's finger gun move that could blow up stars with it's speed. This is after it's "fired."

Ie She's pointing it, goes "Bang" to a white screen and next page Medaka diverted her finger gun.
Though again could be an outlier.
  1. We don't treat that feat as real due to all the weirdness with it; it's a recording within a dream world where she has capabilities she doesn't in reality (i.e. being unsealed when she was IRL) being played back after she died. That's why her tier's Unknown, possibly 3-A, instead of At least 4-C, possibly 3-A.
  2. It's a bit weird given the way it was all framed. The scan you're referring to is this one which is the last page of the chapter. I wouldn't necessarily assume that this means the bang went off before Medaka started moving, rather than assuming that this ending hid information (that Medaka stopped it) for dramatic effect until the next chapter (MB, and media as a whole, does this a lot). Meaning that it could've been similar to an aimdodge.
  3. She was said to stop it with Kurokami Phantom Original Version, which has other statements about its speed both before and after this, establishing it as at or not too far above lightspeed.
  4. Seems like a random audience member said that for this feat Medaka stopped Ajimu with sonic speed. I'd consider this a low-end outlier view, but it still works in contrast to your idea.
I am aware it'd be mftl+, I'm just not certain it specifically is an outlier considering how up in the air most of medaka boxes stats are and medaka already being considered "casually" near light speed (like 1-5% light speed?). Hence why i mentioned it here for other's to judge.
She's casually relativistic when playing instruments, but with effort and a special technique she gets modestly FTL. Like, I think at best, if you did some Calc Stacking, you'd be able to put KPOV at FTL+. MFTL+ to that extent would be far, far above what she does with exertion.
I have begun to read NisiOisiN's new manga, "Cipher Academy". Does anybody else have the impression that the "villain girl" in the early chapters is intended to be intended to be a mean version of Medaka? She looks similar and is also extremely competent in any case.
I didn't pick up on that myself. If I did I would've recommended it to you, but I personally didn't enjoy it too much, or see noteworthy parallels.

You know I'm kinda curious about what revisions are planned?
Key changes (for Medaka especially), as well as AP. Most of the characters are going to be 9-A or 8-C I'm guessing.
I am aware it'd be mftl+, I'm just not certain it specifically is an outlier considering how up in the air most of medaka boxes stats are and medaka already being considered "casually" near light speed (like 1-5% light speed?). Hence why i mentioned it here for other's to judge.
Ehhh. That probably wouldn't count because only the attack speed of it is that fast. Medaka stopped Ajimu before she even did anything so no, it wouldn't count for anything higher imo.
See here please:
snip
I can sort of see it.

Mostly AP and formatting.

1. We don't treat that feat as real due to all the weirdness with it; it's a recording within a dream world where she has capabilities she doesn't in reality (i.e. being unsealed when she was IRL) being played back after she died. That's why her tier's Unknown, possibly 3-A, instead of At least 4-C, possibly 3-A.
  2. It's a bit weird given the way it was all framed. The scan you're referring to is this one which is the last page of the chapter. I wouldn't necessarily assume that this means the bang went off before Medaka started moving, rather than assuming that this ending hid information (that Medaka stopped it) for dramatic effect until the next chapter (MB, and media as a whole, does this a lot). Meaning that it could've been similar to an aimdodge.
  3. She was said to stop it with Kurokami Phantom Original Version, which has other statements about its speed both before and after this, establishing it as at or not too far above lightspeed.
  4. Seems like a random audience member said that for this feat Medaka stopped Ajimu with sonic speed. I'd consider this a low-end outlier view, but it still works in contrast to your idea.
Fair, I was just wondering.
Though I personally disagree with point 1 myself. 2-4 are all fair points.

I've always been iffy on the dream stuff, because Ajimu in the dreams is described as her prime self. If she was just called a dream self or something similar, that would be the end of it.
I just think that's weird because, if that actually existed somewhere as some place real, couldn't she use Alibi Block to just take that unsealed prime self to the real world? Plus, she talks a lot about those places where she communicates with Kumagawa being a dream. Looking back, I found something even weirder; Ajimu says that when Kumagawa dies, he doesn't see her, he sees the version of her that comes from his heart.

I just think that's weird because, if that actually existed somewhere as some place real, couldn't she use Alibi Block to just take that unsealed prime self to the real world? Plus, she talks a lot about those places where she communicates with Kumagawa being a dream. Looking back, I found something even weirder; Ajimu says that when Kumagawa dies, he doesn't see her, he sees the version of her that comes from his heart.
Even with this, I still find it odd that this Ajimu which is described as her prime self would have some different powers/different feats when nothing states that they so vastly different from each other and some of the feats from the dreams are included on Ajimu's profile as NPI. But at the same time, I kinda understand why the feats from the dreams aren't used anyway.

But maybe it's just Kumagawa's Ajimu that's vastly different? I don't even know myself.

Even with this, I still find it odd that this Ajimu which is described as her prime self would have some different powers/different feats when nothing states that they so vastly different from each other
It's not so much that, but that the events of the dream wouldn't really be taken as possible in reality.
and some of the feats from the dreams are included on Ajimu's profile as NPI.
I had no clue what you were talking about; turns out that was added 3 months ago in a thread none of the knowledgeable staff members on MB participated in. I don't consider this legitimate at all, and can see many issues with the stuff added.

But you're right that including one and not the other is inconsistent.

@DontTalkDT @Antvasima Y'all got any thoughts on that?

EDIT: I've just gone ahead and created a CRT to undo that one.
But maybe it's just Kumagawa's Ajimu that's vastly different? I don't even know myself.
Even then, that's the one that took down the star.

Last edited:
Back