• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
1. Medaka's Moon Level durability

Medaka currently has 8-B Durability even in her 5-C key, and that is let's say...weird. Considering how she has tanked several of her ow attacks that were reflected by Iihiko. Further more given how she was "the only one who could have destroyed the moon" that feat was done physically (otherwise Kumagawa would have done just fine too), so that just means more Newton's 3rd law. And to top it all off, she even stated she could survive the moon crashing down on earth (a low 5-B feat of durability btw) and she said "I alone" which obviously means skills are excluded otherwise as we said above Kumagawa or Gagamaru could have done the same. There is really no reason behind Medaka being 8-B in durability besides that one vague statement from hanten saying "i went to save her", but that doesn't even imply it was due to damage, it can mean virtually anything, like saving her from the vacuum (lack of oxygen), bring her back to earth so that she wouldn't be stuck in space etc. The statement is too vague to disprove the several attacks Medaka has took on and her statements too.

2. Iihiko passing the legend
I will go into absolute depths here so that we can get as close to the answer as we can. So, Iihiko is a legendary hero whose legend has been preserved by the Shiranui village due to their desire to preserve unusual things. They preserve the historical figure and pass down his legend for 5'000 years by creating doubles who can inherit his name or in other words take the place of "Iihiko the hero". However it's not exactly a "double" like the ones we're used to seeing in Medaka Box, it goes FAR beyond that copying everything about a character including the appareance, personality, physique etc (which is why even after "Iihiko the legend died" the body who was inheriting Iihiko's name looked exactly like the real Iihiko including appearance and even strength, due to the double tracing everything),furthermore it is not as simple as "possession", because instead the next Iihiko will appear whereas the previous "person" will cease to exist as proven by several statements. However Shiranui's way of creating perfect doubles to inherit the legend is not the only way to preserve the legend, it is just the easiest way. The same thing happens if you defeat Iihiko, the legend of Iihiko will go to the person who defeated him and basically turn him into the next Iihiko. Why this happens is because, by defeating Iihiko you become a more unusual existence, which makes you a target for his legend.

Now we know this is a thing, the problem is, what type of Possession is this? I am not sure myself, this is everything there is to know about Iihiko's legend. It is as i said described as being "inheriting the name" and "becoming the legend". And it basically rewrites someone into Iihiko.

3. Oudo's Death Manipulation
First let's explain Oudo's abnormality. His words are absolute, he can control others' actions just by speaking. This works by controling the electric signals the mind sends. It doesn't directly affect the mind but rather the body. When Zenkichi tried to stop his "romance", he was about to kill zenkichi, before the lil midget stepped in and talked some sense into Oudo, even stating that Oudo was about to say "die" before he was stopped. And no he did not mean physically as not long from that scene Zenkichi kicks Oudo off a building. Science approves. The mind sends signals to the body making the body go unconscious or even killing the body if it experiences extremem pain for example, which is 1 of the reasons why extreme torture leads to death that is not physically induced (because the amount of pain ends up killing the person rather than the physical damage). Oudo is capable of sending fake electrical signals to the body, it would scientifically be possible for Oudo to produce the same effect and is likely what he was going to kill Zenkichi with.

So a "Possibly Death Manip" should be fine.

Furthermore as proven, Oudo's abnormality is not word based, but thought based. He could control Zenkichi's body making him choke his own friend without anyone realizing without saying a single word. That should likely be indexed too.

Also he should have Body Puppetry for obvious reasons.

4. Intimidatio for Medaka and Oudo
This is fairly straight forward. Both have a form of intense presence that causes people to be scared of them (not mind manip, just intense presence which intimidates people).

Oudo

Medaka (only in war god mode)

5. All Fictio can be used on Space
Although not directly applicable in matches, given that this site is primarely an indexing site I believe it should be mentioned that Kumagawa can use all fiction to mess around with the space around him.

6. The thirteen party's Stealth Mastery
This is pretty minor, but on several occasions the thirteen party has been shown to be good at hiding/stealth.

7. Empathic Manipulation for Minus'
Misogi Kumagawa already has this, however this is a thing for all minus. This is due to their negativity, so while it's not on the level of Kumagawa, it still should be indexed.

I do not have the energy to deal with this right now. Sorry.

You can ask some other staff members for help though.

Anyway, regarding the moon level durability, I disagree. We have no idea how she destroyed the moon, so even it as AP is sketchy, she could have used All Fiction, for example.

Kumagawa being unable to do it shouldn't matter much, since she can use skills better than even their owners, she could have done something that he couldn't. Same goes for surviving the moon, she has AF to let her survive, and possibly other skills from Ajimu that'd let her exist in a destroyed world while others couldn't.

Moon level physicals would also be a huge outlier. Seriously, Iihiko was suprised by his own power after destroying the building they were. Her just vaporizing the moon with pure strength doesn't make sense to me.

She can use skills better in an unknown way usually. Example Weighted Words was just made to that she can use it on herself. We cannot assume she did it through all fiction. Nor any other ability, it'd be breaking too many things as if All Fiction was into play they could have undone Fukurou's death (since after Iihiko's defeat they could do that). With abilities things become TOO easy.

Depends, Kumagawa's all fiction would be enough to bring him back from moon destruction on its own. And you are just basing everything on the end and "what if she could do sth more" when she has never stated to do so, and the whole scene is never mentioned with hax. Not to mention the fact that Medaka herself does not use hax in character.

Yes, that punch wasn't exactly with all his might and considering what kind of character Iihiko is, I would let that slide if i were you (the guy who negates durability, crushed ajimu, reflects attacks and more). Iihiko is too weird to take into account.

She still uses them better, so Kumagawa being unable to do it doesn't really disprove AF being used. Why couldn't she be using an ability? AF is the only skill I can think of that could have done it. And, yes, they didn't resurrect the guy, who knows if that'd even stop the moon, since it was already falling. He's also a super powerful creepy mofo, so just bringing him back in general is not that great of an idea.

It'd prob be enough to bring him back, but not to let him survive. Even if he waited a bit until the collision ended, he still wouldn't be able to survive on what's left of the Earth. Medaka might due to many, many, many different skills that she can stack together, she herself said that it was only a possibility. And, yes, she doesn't use hax normally, but the moon is falling and literally everyone is gonna die, that seems like the kind of situation where she'd use her powers seriously.

He's still probably the strongest character on pure physical grounds, and even a feat that impresses him only destroyed a large building. Moon level is also inconsistent with any other physical feat in the series.

Just here to make sure that The Hero is again a thing.

Whoops, wrong thread.

I agree with the OP. But I dont know if what Oudo does really counts as death manip, it's just a really specific application of his control of electrical signals.

I still disagree with the legend passing to anyone who beats Iihiko though

Paul Frank said:
I agree with the OP. But I dont know if what Oudo does really counts as death manip, it's just a really specific application of his control of electrical signals.
I still disagree with the legend passing to anyone who beats Iihiko though
Yeah but a really specifc type of electrical signals that causes spontaneous death. Like a REALLY advanced version of body puppetry let's say. Inducing spontaneous death is what Death manip usually is.

InfiniteSped said:
He's still probably the strongest character on pure physical grounds, and even a feat that impresses him only destroyed a large building. Moon level is also inconsistent with any other physical feat in the series.
That's why the tier is a "possibly 5-C". It really depends on what you want to think of the feat. There are arguments on both sides, but again "powers were not used".

Kumagawa erased the concept of colors from the entire universe, if AF were legal, he could have snapped the moon in comparison.

Also Super Creepy Mofo vs Sure death for everyone.

Im tempted to say the former is a lot better.

Tbh Im glad you and Iapetus are here because it means Medaka Box gets some love.

Firephoenixearl said:
InfiniteSped said:
That's why the tier is a "possibly 5-C". It really depends on what you want to think of the feat. There are arguments on both sides, but again "powers were not used".
Kumagawa erased the concept of colors from the entire universe, if AF were legal, he could have snapped the moon in comparison.

Also Super Creepy Mofo vs Sure death for everyone.

Im tempted to say the former is a lot better.
I don't see why "possibly" when we have no idea what even happened, it being done with physicals seems the least likely thing. There didn't seem to be anything stopping anyone from using skills either, so idk why you're pushing that so much.

Wasn't that color thing agreed to be non-canon in another thread?

Who knows if that'd even stop the moon at that point, it was already falling. And you act like there was anything stopping them from resurrecting him.

Im pushing the point that, no one seemed to be resulting to powers. For whatever reason (the moon fall was special cus it was from "testament"?) powers were never used or mentioned to be a thing. If Kumagawa didn't even try to use AF to fix stuff why would Medaka who doesn't even use it like ever use it?

Nah it's gonna get back up. We found proof that Nisio Isin was part of the creation.

It would. It's not "resurrecting him", it's "he never died" so "the moon never begin to fall". And you got the gist of it, nothing is stopping them, but they still aren't using abilities for such small scale stuff that would fix the story, why would they go like "Meh whatever why would we resurrect Medaka's other father and stop everything, it's a lot better if we risk the future of the whole world and just try to see if our powers can actually take on the moon as it is, if they don't welp sucks to be us haha".

Why would they go out of their way to mention powers? Maybe they just couldn't erase the moon from that far. Really, anything is more reasonable than "she punched the thing into nothingness".

And that's not how the AF works. Kuma made it so that Zenkichi "never existed", and nothing about their surroundings or timeline changed, which definitely should have considering how important Zenkichi was to all those events. You said it yourself that the author doesn't include the time paradoxes.

Why did she go to the moon if the plan was to af it?

Depends if kumagawa wishes he can change surroundings too. Like he did to the principal making it so that the reality that he was hit by screws turned into the screws missed. Not time paradox but rather changing the past via your own will.

I agree with the OP. Although I think we should illustrate better how serious the Minus's empathic manip is. Medaka was almost going to pass out just from talking with them, and she was some of the best will power in the series

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Although I think we should illustrate better how serious the Minus's empathic manip is. Medaka was almost going to pass out just from talking with them, and she was some of the best will power in the series
That would just go in the feats section or in the justification.

Empathetic Manip (have very negative mentality can do this this this, etc, eve Medaka was going to pass out).

Since Iihiko's legend passing thing is pretty complicated, I can write out a description of it like I did for his other abilities. I think that would be a good idea

After reading through the first post, I suppose that this should probably be fine.

I will unlock the pages, but an in-depth description for Iihiko may be too long for our regular profile format.

Back