• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Medaka Box - Aki Jakago AP downgrade and other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
From recently translated chapter 3 Kumagawa novel. We get info about Aero Biker - link . Range should be upgrade.That and next chapter probably have more things to change but I don't fell to competent about this site and want somebody else look that.

edit.

"City Block level (Showed effects of being brought down by Book Maker, and should thus be physically superior to Kumagawa in raw stats"

That justification seems wrong because Kumagawa don't have Book Maker at that point.

So, a few measurements based on the sports facilities there:

There's a soccer field and a track around it visible, tracks are 100m long, soccer fields tend to be 90m minimum, and 50m wide minimum, so with the added width of the track on either side of the field it'd be about 60m wide. So that's be 116m using Pythagorean theorem.

There's a gym, pool, and archery range all lined up, so the width of a school gym is usually over 60 ft to accommodate stuff like volleyball and basketball courts, then there's additional space beyond that for the sidelines, so 20m should be a low end. For the pool, pool's have inconsistent widths, but the facility seems to be similar in width to the gym. A Japanese archery range would need to be 60m + the building length and the space to stand/watch, since that's the length of long distance shots in kyudo, so 70m would be reasonable. That would make this all ~110m. Doing Pythagorean theorem with the width of the soccer field gets ~125m

Adding in the school building, it looks to be roughly 6 classrooms long in each dimension, and regular classrooms (so homeroom) seem to be 6-9m from what I've read, so using the low end and assuming the student council is in the larger area, that'd add another 18m to length and 30m to width, which gets it to around 155m to the far corner as a safe low estimate (some of the sizes are a bit low ended and I'm not taking into account the space between buildings).

If the distance to the soccer field can be pixel scaled by taking what we've seen of classrooms in the Kumagawa Gaiden manga chapters and anime, and then scaling that to the building, it'd be more reliable. Though with the shot we have of the building, pixel scaling may not be reliable.

Considering Blah's estimates, I think "Hundreds of meters" for range should work.

idk why this clarification for Aki's range wasn't applied earlier - I noticed it and told a few people but I guess no-one got around to making the CRT.

I think not many people care about Medaka recently. I'm little salty that after novels get translated.

I think some other CRT have been done like:

Change resurection description for Kumagawa (he can resurect other people like Tenpou Uchii)

Ajimu implied Kumagawa can erased Saki power after he get mindhax (but i have problem with understant that statement).

Profile for Saki, but I with small info about her, I dunno this can work.

And that besides novels.

Change tier for many characters

Change Kamone Tsurobami Spinining Angler tier.

But I tell in first post I felt don't conpetent about this site ( and my english) and I'd like more people to input.

I am planning a large Medaka Box CRT, for the things you mentioned...

• idk if that Resurrection change is needed? But I'll look into it.
  • We already know that Kumagawa can erase powers with All Fiction - he tried it once and it only failed because he tried using it on a minus. If this isn't already covered in the profile, I'll add it later.
  • I believe some people are looking into making a Saki profile. I know that I'm looking into making a lot more MB profiles than we currently have.
  • I agree that a lot of tiers need to be changed, most characters will probably go to 9-B or 9-A as the current 8-B calc's invalid.
  • I agree that the Spinning Angler tier's invalid.

Sorry for derail but with no no threads for medaka box or any fight i don't know anybody read the last chapter novels. I don't blame anybody I read like month after translation.

-Ok

- I have problem with understand that statement It like he could in theory erased mindhax by erased other person power,but I could understand that wrong

-Ok

-Ok

-Ok

One more thing Kumagawa don't really erase laws on sword and can't use it properly ( accidentaly hurt himself) but that things about sword is more like Katanagatari than MB

Thanks for response.

Over derail i agreed with hundrend of meters for Aki and believe that can change some of her fight.

Kumagawa can erase the event itself, that's what Ajimu reference.

But since Saki is a minus, it's more a supposition of Ajimu.

YuriAkuto said:
Ok, I'm gonna leave that for a while.

Back to the topic. I assume everybody agreed about hundred of meters with aero biker.

YuriAkuto said:

I believe you missed his point. Apparently kumagawa can erase the mind hax (ability or event) even after he's been mind haxed

1. That scan actually has Ajimu saying that Kumagawa can't just erase the plate's effects, and that it's a weakpoint of All Fiction.

2. Kumagawa did erase laws on the sword, he got injured by a different sword (The Fool's Katana) which he didn't erase the laws for.

3. The current 8-B calc is "Medaka pulled the entire school in her fight against Unzen", when really it only says that she pulled a single wing, and even then she didn't pull the entire thing at once, she simply started breaking apart parts of the wall over time. Iihiko hospital destroy will be the only remaining 8-B feat in all likelihood.

Oh my bad, I forgot about that. You're right.

But didn't he still erase the law that prevented him from drawing it in the first place, even if he didn't erase the qualifications for wielding it?

@Earl Here's the quote

Even if you try to make the plate's effect as if it "never happened" with "All Fiction", it's the type of Skill where, when it takes effect once, it stays in effect semipermanently, so there's no point in doing that -- would you say that's another weak point of "All Fiction"?
It blatantly says that even if he tried to erase it, it would remain in effect semipermanently so there's no point in erasing it, and explains that it's a weak point of All Fiction.

How are you reading this otherwise?

Large Building+ is only for Iihiko possessing Shiranui's body, which I don't think scales to anyone.

I'd like to ask Spino some stuff about that "destroying the school" calc. He doesn't provide the picture he used for scaling and that seems like an insanely high value for just destroying a single wing and he said there were three sections destroyed (shouldn't one wing only have one section??)

EDIT: I also think the "destroying the school" calc may be due to a certain translation, reading this one I'm not sure if he thought it would have blown off the entire wing if all the bombs went off. Maybe it'd be better to use his statement of "one of them can easily break through an old wall" and multiply this with the number that there should have been?

Back to the topic nobody have issue with hundred of meters with Aero Biker right ? And after look on profile machine gun shouldn't be optional equipment rather than standart ?

Agnaa said:
@Earl Here's the quote
Even if you try to make the plate's effect as if it "never happened" with "All Fiction", it's the type of Skill where, when it takes effect once, it stays in effect semipermanently, so there's no point in doing that -- would you say that's another weak point of "All Fiction"?
It blatantly says that even if he tried to erase it, it would remain in effect semipermanently so there's no point in erasing it, and explains that it's a weak point of All Fiction.

How are you reading this otherwise?
Yes but it's saying he still can erase the ability. Seems like it's just implying that erasing wouldn't solve the issue, rather than he is unable to erase while in the mind hax.

@Guardspace Optional makes sense.

@Earl Ahh, I get you now. Then that just leaves the question of whether Kumagawa being able to do that is a weakness in the mindhax, or an ability Kumagawa/All Fiction has. I'd like to have Kumagawa resisting it as a "Possibly".

Resisting it? It's not resistance though. Unless you meant something like this:

Possibly Pseudo-Resistance to Mind Manipulation (Stated to be capable of erasing the effects of Saki's mind manipulation while still being in its effect)

Yeah, that's what I mean. Being able to do things despite being ordered to do nothing is mindhax resistance.

Zenkichi/Medaka should have mindhax resistance on the order of a couple dozen people for resisting Oudo's Weighted Words.

I know that thread was rather pseudo-discusion board for Medaka than CRT, but topic looks concluded.

Change for profile:

Range: Hundred of Meters with firearms, Hundred of Meters with Aero Biker

Optional Equipment: A Machine Gun

That can be changed at this point or more people should look that ?

edit

One more think

"City Block level (Showed effects of being brought down by Book Maker, and should thus be physically superior to Kumagawa in raw stats"

Kumagawa don't have Book Maker at that time, right ? That must be change somehow.

After looks manga how looks Kumagawa attacks. I think this was wrong because that attack looked like Book Maker but we dont see what symbol was on screw (+ or -). Kumagawa have 3 posible attack from
- Screwspawn with + symbol
- All Fiction with + symbol
- Book Maker with - symbol

On Aki profile was stated it was Bookmaker but fact that Aki have hurt and go to hospital for the month was against Bookmaker description where was stated the damage body was nearly zero. I assumption it was single screw frow Screwspawn.

Addictionaly I find screen when Kumagawa used 4 diferent types of screw from screwspawn.
https://imgur.com/a/jDPnFYr

I think this should change profile like this (what add changes mentioned earlier in this thread).

Attack Potency: At Least Human level, likely Street level (Although she is not portrayed as being much of a physical fighter, even the weakest Abnormal should still be superior to all but the strongest Specials), higher with firearms (The weapons supplied to those controlled by Saki are capable of harming and even killing Kumagawa). Aero Biker bypasses conventional durability

Striking Strength: At Least Human Class, likely Street Class,

Range: Hundred of Meters with firearms, Hundred of Meters with Aero Biker

Optional Equipment: A Machine Gun

Everyone agread at this ?

From screenshot when Book Maker was used we usually seen screw with minus symbol in situation like use on Medaka, Kurugi, and when Medaka have to destroy moon. But in this case we only have shot from front. Otherwise with her power her AP is small meannig. We should delete some fight of her because of range upgrade ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back