• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't trust them on any of those so

After all, it's often the case that Writers Cannot Do Math. Unless nailing the numbers is a direct factor in the enjoyment of the intended audience, they're perfectly justified in not really giving much of a damn about them. Just pick a number that seems big and call it a day
I mean yeah they don't but if we're using some proportions given to us by the writers it makes no sense to pick and choose what bits we call "writers don't do math" or "Totally valid"

I mean yeah they don't but if we're using some proportions given to us by the writers it makes no sense to pick and choose what bits we call "writers don't do math" or "Totally valid"
I pick and choose based on what bits actually somewhat line up with more realistic values, and/or are actually consistent with other bits of in-verse information, so basically I hold writers' stats to the same level of criticism as a fan calc.

I pick and choose based on what bits actually somewhat line up with more realistic values, and/or are actually consistent with other bits of in-verse information, so basically I hold writers' stats to the same level of criticism as a fan calc.
I mean how is the temperature more realistic in the old calc vs the new? Nidavellir is an ancient star and we're using the estimate of one in it's prime while also using other proportions given by the writers and creators

Last edited:
I mean how is the temperature more realistic in the old calc vs the new? Nidavellir is an ancient star and we're using the estimate of one in it's prime while also using other proportions given by the writers and creators
At least the brochure stops the god-tiers from reaching close to 6-B where Surtur effectively dies so...

Here's @MARVEL_Future_Fight_Gamer 's blog for the Jotunheim feat for anyone who hasn't seen it yet

If we're doing away with Thor scaling to his storms then I feel like this scaling would be a good substitute if it's not taken as outlierish and could possibly cover Thor being able to only crack Vibranium in AOU. Idk there's ways to make this work unless we just downscale from Thanos and he's just island level

That's if the Mid-Ends are accepted
Were any of these accepted?

Here's @MARVEL_Future_Fight_Gamer 's blog for the Jotunheim feat for anyone who hasn't seen it yet

If we're doing away with Thor scaling to his storms then I feel like this scaling would be a good substitute if it's not taken as outlierish and could possibly cover Thor being able to only crack Vibranium in AOU. Idk there's ways to make this work unless we just downscale from Thanos and he's just island level

That's if the Mid-Ends are accepted
What's left for this thread btw?

Since High 7-A is out the window, I'll make the CRT for the High 7-As being At most 6-C after this
This calc is still waiting to be reviewed

Also only the grand canyon end is High 7-A. The on screen depiction 8s Tier 8 and the x100 statement is a massive outlier.

I think I get what the displacement value in the moment magnitude means now.

It means the deviation in the crack-lines, to see just how far they deviate from being a crack in a straight line, guess it's not really dependant on depth.

I think I get what the displacement value in the moment magnitude means now.

It means the deviation in the crack-lines, to see just how far they deviate from being a crack in a straight line, guess it's not really dependant on depth.

Cool.
Which end do you think is best, btw?

Well for the most part the crack seems to be going straight ahead until we get to Fandral where the crack takes hard turn to the left side of the screen (Right side of the crack) so, at best, 2 m as a high end.

What's left for this thread btw?

Since High 7-A is out the window, I'll make the CRT for the High 7-As being At most 6-C after this
dont-give-me-hope-meme-3-768x409.jpg

On the topic of MCU calcs, @Fastestthingalive50 sent me these. I'm pretty sure the last one isn't used, but the second one can be a supporting feat.

No expert but I’ve got issues
[URL
This is assuming Thanos is destroying every single moleculer bond with the snap and treating that as AP when we treat it as hax on the wiki and is not only assuming the galaxy is populated by exclusively humanoid life but also that they have the exact same population as Earth per planet
This doesn’t seem bad ngl
Odin’s thing is already on the page as Creation that doesn’t apply to anything else he does

Also don’t we have a calc for Mjolnir already at MHS

A little thing people forget is that the Earth is moving through space, and moving fast! In order for the Kree ship to remain within orbit with the Earth, it would have to be moving at the same speed as the planet, or it will be left behind.
That... doesn't work. Gravity is a thing.a being close enough to the Earth would be enough to ancor yourself in its gravity well.

So can someone tell me what feats are we trying to find right now when Thor can just downscale from Thanos?
KLOL calced Thor's neutron star feat again, that's either 7-B or at best Low 6-B. There's Thor's Jotunheim feat, which I've tried to calc (prob 7-A). There's the storm feats in the OP, which range from Low 7-B to 6-C
Only the first applies to Awakened Thor. The other two are Base Thor.

What's the issue with 6-C then?
No issue, just that we're planning to revise Thor to straight up "At most 6-C" via downscaling from Thanos because the High 7-A KE storm feat in Endgame apparently can't be scaled to Thor without universal energy sources.

Neutron Star feat is 7-B for 50000 kelvin based on Uru melting point in guidebooks and Low 6-B for 1 million kelvin depending on IRL neutron star temperature.

6-C is straight-up an outlier for Pre-Awakening Thor.

KLOL calced Thor's neutron star feat again, that's either 7-B or at best Low 6-B. There's Thor's Jotunheim feat, which I've tried to calc (prob 7-A)
I don't think it can be 7-A. It has to be either 8-A or Tier 6, because the statement used explicitly said grand canyon x100. You can't take the base figure

I don't think it can be 7-A. It has to be either 8-A or Tier 6, because the statement used explicitly said grand canyon x100. You can't take the base figure
Using moment magnitude and assuming the cracks move left and right by 2 meters (Which would be our displacement value), it doesn't even reach Tier 6. Tier 7 at best, especially with the Grand Canyon x100 statement.

I'd also argue it's an earthquake because Jotunheim's underground shakes violently too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back