• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what about Khonshu? We keep the two keys, the 4-B thing or we go back to something like "At least 5-A, 4-B/4-A"?
What about "Varies. At Least 5-A (Casually moved the moon to cause a solar eclipse, as a signal to the other Egyptian Gods, by himself) up to 4-B/4-A (Manipulated the positions of stars in the present night sky to resemble those back in ancient Egypt, although with some help from his Avatar)"?

Last edited:
I don't see it
Obviously they both catch Thanos off-guard, however Thanos' durability at the very start of IW should be higher based off of him wearing his battle armor. When Thor hits him with his lightning, he has no damage or doesn't make any sounds to indicate he was damaged/in pain. Where as when Hulk is striking Thanos he's audibly grunting, implying he can feel the strikes through the armor.
It should be worth noting that Thanos only dispels of his armor after getting two infinity stones/solidifying himself as the strongest being in the universe and that's despite the fact that he had the power stone first, which allows for higher durability when used.

Is it necessary to put a Varies? The eclipse feat was extremely casual, and we know that his limit is a 4-A feat since he needs someone else's help to do it, so just divide the baseline feat by 2 and Khonshu would just have a 4-B+ Tier
4A is his peak? That would assume he was really stressed while doing it....Again his full power could easily exceed that considering the power moon knight contributed was bestowed upon by Khonshu himself, the help part was due to him not having full power without an avatar.

Obviously they both catch Thanos off-guard, however Thanos' durability at the very start of IW should be higher based off of him wearing his battle armor. When Thor hits him with his lightning, he has no damage or doesn't make any sounds to indicate he was damaged/in pain. Where as when Hulk is striking Thanos he's audibly grunting, implying he can feel the strikes through the armor.
Yeah Hulk's attack did more damage comparatively. Thor's strike was energy based so majority of it must've been absorbed by the armour, hulk's attacks was more brute force that naturally would move thanos back some distance, it doesnt mean Hulk's attack was more powerful, the physics allowed his attack cause more damage.
It should be worth noting that Thanos only dispels of his armor after getting two infinity stones/solidifying himself as the strongest being in the universe and that's despite the fact that he had the power stone first, which allows for higher durability when used.
He didnt use the power stone at first so his durability remained the same.

Yeah Hulk's attack did more damage comparatively. Thor's strike was energy based so majority of it must've been absorbed by the armour, hulk's attacks was more brute force that naturally would move thanos back some distance, it doesnt mean Hulk's attack was more powerful, the physics allowed his attack cause more damage.

He didnt use the power stone at first so his durability remained the same.
How much of the energy was absorbed by the armor then?

The power stone was working passively. This is not only implied by the fact that Ronan's eyes were purple and a guide stating he was "empowered" by the stone but also the GOTG novelization states that his cosmic rod channels his power and did so to the stones own power once he slammed it into him.

Even better when he has statements of being able to tussle with Hulk when using the rings.
Also on re-watching Infinity War, Hulk's strikes seemingly do more to Thanos than Thor's lightning when he uses it against Thanos later on. This is despite Thanos wearing his battle armor in the former scene and being in his casual clothing in the latter.
I mean if you want to be objective in a visual medium Iron Man did more than either Thor (pre-Stormbreaker) and Hulk, since he actually made Thanos bleed (it was a single drop of blood tho) after Thanos had obtained four stones and already defeated multiple opponents.

The power stone was working passively. This is not only implied by the fact that Ronan's eyes were purple and a guide stating he was "empowered" by the stone but also the GOTG novelization states that his cosmic rod channels his power and did so to the stones own power once he slammed it into him.
Nothing suggests this is the same case for Thanos

I mean if you want to be objective in a visual medium Iron Man did more than either Thor (pre-Stormbreaker) and Hulk, since he actually made Thanos bleed (it was a single drop of blood tho) after Thanos had obtained four stones and already defeated multiple opponents.
Yeah I agree completely, though Thanos was wearing his armor against the first two.
In-fact Tony was one of the few people in the movie that Thanos was trying to intentionally kill after he'd dispelled of his armor because he was one of the few that became an obstacle to his overall goal.

How much of the energy was absorbed by the armor then?
Enough to cause less damage than Hulk's attacks
Ronan's axe is constantly drawing from the power stone unlike the infinity guantlet which anytime time the stones are being used it glows and it wasnt the case for thanos.
We saw this also when Thanos used the stone to block wanda's attack

Last edited:
Enough to cause less damage than Hulk's attacks

Ronan's ask is constantly drawing from the power stone unlike the infinity guantlet which anytime time the stones are being used it glows and it wasnt the case for thanos.
We saw this also when Thanos used the stone to block wanda's atta
Not a quantification so idc but you do you lmao.

Mhm I agree. Not only is it obviously implied that Thanos has to activate the stones (pretty basic but smart way to nerf him from his comic counterpart) but the guide also outright states he does so. Though I'm not too sure what this has to do with my point about Ronan lmao.
Yeah thanos could do that but nothing suggests he did.
I never said that he DID do it but the fact that he could, yet he chose to keep the armor speaks on how impressive it is imo.

Not a quantification so idc but you do you lmao.
Lol 😏
Mhm I agree. Not only is it obviously implied that Thanos has to activate the stones (pretty basic but smart way to nerf him from his comic counterpart) but the guide also outright states he does so. Though I'm not too sure what this has to do with my point about Ronan lmao.
U the one saying Ronan's constantly powered by the stones so he doesnt need to get it activated or something.
I never said that he DID do it but the fact that he could, yet he chose to keep the armor speaks on how impressive it is imo.
Yeah damn impressive...Captain Marvel could've destroyed that armour alone 😤

Lol 😏

U the one saying Ronan's constantly powered by the stones so he doesnt need to get it activated or something.

Yeah damn impressive...Captain Marvel could've destroyed that armour alone 😤
Oh wow, I went back and read your response and completely misinterpreted your response lmaoo, my bad.

Yeah I agree. Carol gets downplayed because people don't like her but she should be the physically strongest hero rn, which I personally don't like (Hulk FTW :'c) but it is what it is

42b46b203caa7debcadc59f099845f5f.png

Just got her in the gacha bot. I know someone is gonna be jelly 👀

Yeah I agree. Carol gets downplayed because people don't like her but she should be the physically strongest hero rn, which I personally don't like (Hulk FTW :'c) but it is what it is
Speaking of the goddess that won my heart 😍😍 Carol is indeed physically the strongest.....i can never understand the reason why people hate or dislike her....but then Wanda is seriously dragging for the first spot ever since I saw WandaVision which is the same for 90% of the love people have for Wanda today.

Is it necessary to put a Varies? The eclipse feat was extremely casual, and we know that his limit is a 4-A feat since he needs someone else's help to do it, so just divide the baseline feat by 2 and Khonshu would just have a 4-B+ Tier
Why divide it at all? The only power that was affecting the sky was khonshu’s, the only reason why he probably needed help was because he seems to have sone limits on affecting the real world or something.

Speaking of the goddess that won my heart 😍😍 Carol is indeed physically the strongest.....i can never understand the reason why people hate or dislike her....but then Wanda is seriously dragging for the first spot ever since I saw WandaVision which is the same for 90% of the love people have for Wanda today.
Reasons for why Carol isn't liked:

1) Some people are just misogynistic jerks who don't like it when a woman is strong
2) The actress isn't great at all
3) We didn't really have time to bond with her character, she has one movie (wich is ok), 10 minutes in Endgame and a cameo in Shang Chi
4) The character is way too overhyped, especially in Endgame where she acts like she's gonna solve everything by herself, with the promo saying she's the strongest Avenger, she's a key component of Endgame and will be essential in the fight against Thanos. The result? She acts arrogant and even a bit condescending, she's a living Macguffin who only appears for 10 minutes and her only contribution is to casually tank a headbutt from Thanos before being taken out of the fight. And even then, she clearly struggles at least a bit against Thanos, whereas all Wanda had to do to submit him was raising her hand and the only reason he wasn't killed is because she decided she wanted to have some fun before killing him, wich she would have done without the rain fire order (not could, WOULD). Take note that at this point, Carol has been developping her powers for 30 years so she's already at her peak, while Wanda has had her powers for what, four, five years, and didn't even know about Magic or the real nature of her powers at the time so she's barely tapping into her potential yet she did much better than Carol on vritually every level.

And honestly, her movie is (for me) okay at best, the character herself is good but that's it and the powers aren't really exceptional (she's basically Superman but brighter). Wanda is much better in terms of character and design, Olsen is a much better actress, her great moment in Endgame is much more memorable and above all satisfying, her powers are much more impressive, versatile, unique and spectacular and her costume as the Scarlet Witch much better.

It's funny how Carol is so heavily promoted for Endgame yet is barely in it, and the most important thing she ever did was save Tony and Nebula.

You'd think that her having a movie before Endgame would mean she's a vital character but no. She's literally Deus ex Machina and if you remove her from the story, barely anything would change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back