• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do y’all think about this?

I shared this video before, and these are my current thoughts on it:
  • Lightspeed repulsors seems iffy, but if someone can gather everything that qualifies AND disqualifies it, we can decide whether they are lightspeed.
  • Ultron's scan needs a source, but now that I'm looking again, it's weird that there is a spelling error.
  • KLOL tried recalcing Mjolnir's feat and still got Massively FTL results, so it's considered an outlier
  • Thor's feat with The Destroyer is okay, but I rewatched Sif's feat frame-by-frame and it was aim-dodging
  • Don't you only need FTL speed when inside the event horizon of a black hole? Thor and Loki were outside of it
  • Not sure about the Bifrost one, but the argument sounds compelling
  • Lightspeed photon blasts are rejected, but they have an Massively FTL feat which has accepted math
  • I don't think Doctor Strange's feat is a speed one. It's hax teleportation bs
  • I got different and way slower results for Ancient One's lightning feat. Not sure about her Multiverse feat thing
  • To quote KLOL: "Electricity does move at 90% the speed of light IRL in conductive-enough metals (In fact, we're talking about it in this CRT right now to add that fact in). Unfortunately however, this would not scale to Electro's normal combat capabilities, only when travelling through wires. But aye, this was supposed to be added to his profile in a future CRT."
  • Doesn't Ego's Expansion occur on individual planets, not travel across galactic distances? And this would be attack speed only
  • Makkari scaling above CM's flight speed in space was rejected, but scaling her above CM's other speed feats should be fine imo
  • Ikaris' FTL+ calc was rejected because there was a cut in the scene (personally, I find this reason to be a bit silly, but that's just me)
  • Not sure about his energy beams, but Thena blocking them is blatant aim blocking
  • Thanos scaling above CM's Massively FTL+ flight speed would most likely get rejected. Not sure about his arguments regarding light hardly slowing down on Earth than in space
  • Valkyrie's ship flew through a "collapsing neutron star inside of an Einstein-Rosen bridge" (Bruce Banner 2017), not a black hole. The calc for MCU spaceships seems to be fine, though, but I ain't a CGM
  • Khonshu's feat is accepted and on his profile, but it is only attack speed
  • I can't see where Party Thor is dodging photon blasts. Not sure about them being relative to the Bifrost
  • Infinity Ultron's feat is accepted and on his profile (which reminds me, he could scale to his attack speed via Energy Manipulation since he keeps up with The Watcher)

Last edited:
Actually, about that Rel+ speed calc, I do have questions regarding that, I mean the original calc was never evaluated by a CGM, so how do we actually know that she reconed that planet in the span of 2 minutes?

• Lightspeed repulsors seems iffy, but if someone can gather everything that qualifies AND disqualifes it, then it can be decided whether they are lightspeed.
  • Ultron's scan needs a source, but now that I'm looking again, it's weird that there is a spelling error.
  • KLOL tried recalcing Mjolnir's feat and still got Massively FTL results, so it's considered an outlier
  • Thor's feat with The Destroyer is okay, but I rewatched Sif's frame-by-frame and it was aim-dodging
  • Don't you only need FTL speed when inside the event horizon of a black hole? Thor and Loki were outside of it
  • Lightspeed photon blasts are rejected, but they have an Massively FTL feat which has accepted math
  • I got different and way slower results for Ancient One's lightning feat. Not sure about her Multiverse feat thing
  • To quote KLOL: "Electricity does move at 90% the speed of light IRL in conductive-enough metals (In fact, we're talking about it in this CRT right now to add that fact in). Unfortunately however, this would not scale to Electro's normal combat capabilities, only when travelling through wires. But aye, this was supposed to be added to his profile in a future CRT."
  • Doesn't Ego's Expansion occur on individual planets, not travel across galactic distances? And this would be attack speed only
  • Makkari scaling above CM's flight speed in space was rejected, but scaling her above CM's other speed feats should be fine imo
  • Ikaris' FTL+ calc was rejected because there was a cut in the scene
  • Not sure about his energy beams, but Thena blocking them is blatant aim blocking
  • Thanos scaling above CM's Massively FTL+ flight speed would most likely get rejected. Not sure about his arguments regarding light hardly slowing down on Earth than in space
  • Valkyrie's ship flew through a "collapsing neutron star inside of an Einstein-Rosen bridge" (Bruce Banner 2017), not a black hole
  • Khonshu's feat is only attack speed
  • I can't see where Party Thor is dodging photon blasts, and not sure
  • Infinity Ultron's feat is accepted on his profile (which reminds me that he could scale to his attack speed via Energy Manipulation since he keeps up with The Watcher)
Damn you really went neck deep into explaining each point. Nice work

Actually, about that Rel+ speed calc, I do have questions regarding that, I mean the original calc was never evaluated by a CGM, so how do we actually know that she reconed that planet in the span of 2 minutes?
2 minutes was used to low-ball the feat. But rewatching the movie, the actual timeframe was about 20 seconds. So technically both ends are a low-ball

Last edited:
  • Lightspeed repulsors seems iffy, but if someone can gather everything that qualifies AND disqualifies it, we can decide whether they are lightspeed.
  • Thor's feat with The Destroyer is okay, but I rewatched Sif's feat frame-by-frame and it was aim-dodging
  • Ikaris' FTL+ calc was rejected because there was a cut in the scene (personally, I find this reason to be a bit silly, but that's just me)
  • Valkyrie's ship flew through a "collapsing neutron star inside of an Einstein-Rosen bridge" (Bruce Banner 2017), not a black hole. The calc for MCU spaceships seems to be fine, though, but I ain't a CGM
  • Khonshu's feat is only attack speed
  • I can't see where Party Thor is dodging photon blasts, and not sure about them being relative to the Bifrost
  • Infinity Ultron's feat is accepted on his profile (which reminds me that he could scale to his attack speed via Energy Manipulation since he keeps up with The Watcher)
Wasn’t expecting a full on breakdown but damm. Thought for a couple points I’m pretty sure spidey(Andrew) scales to electro conducting threw stuff since he did outpace said electricity in his slow mo scene. Though I’m not sure about the black hole thing

While i would prefer to use a render from the special itself the current one does look a bit meh, the black and white asthetic probably makes rendering a little difficult
yeah the black and white did make it hard to render but at the same time the current render fits the aesthetic and feel of the film better than the concept art one imo

1. There is literally a Black and White Version of the render I linked
2. We're using final concept art for Mr. Knight, Starlord, Spider-Man (Final Suit), Captain Marvel (Endgame), all the Eternal Profiles, Black Panther's Original Suit, Winter Soldier, Mighty Thor, Wasp, literally most of Love and Thunder Thor's tab

Infinity Ultron is stated to have wiped out all life in the universe, which should include the Celestials, can he scale from some of their stats like speed or LS?
He doesn't need to necessarily take them out via his own speed. Pretty much nothing they could do would be able to harm him plus his AP would just one shot them all. He could've just AoE'd or grown larger to counter it or something else entirely.

1. There is literally a Black and White Version of the render I linked
2. We're using final concept art for Mr. Knight, Starlord, Spider-Man (Final Suit), Captain Marvel (Endgame), all the Eternal Profiles, Black Panther's Original Suit, Winter Soldier, Mighty Thor, Wasp, literally most of Love and Thunder Thor's tab
yeah that's not the problem I just like the current one more

What's he's only referring to Phase 3 Thor
referring to phase 3 thor for a phase 4 character ?
rock-one-eyebrow-raised-rock-staring.gif

It would make sense that Namor is around their strength level given how strong he is in the comics. Though we're most likely not getting to see that power level since he's going up against Black Panther (Then again country level vibranium claw exist
though its not like that's what beats him
)

Clearly this means Hulk got stronger for his trip to Sakaar
Although there's no actual evidence that he would scale to a L&T Thor yet.

It would make sense that Namor is around their strength level given how strong he is in the comics. Though we're most likely not getting to see that power level since he's going up against Black Panther (Then again country level vibranium claw exist
though its not like that's what beats him
)
If those 6-B claws are just going to weigh him down, then he'd just only scale to 6-B.

But meh, this statement is sort of sketchy, considering Thor is way stronger than Hulk at this point. I really doubt that's going get him to scale to 5-A, possibly 4-C other than at least 6-B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back