• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my personal thoughts, it doesn't need an entire reboot, just continue making good movies and that's all

But then again, if I remember correctly, the Snyderverse was originally wasn't going to be a whole extended universe which I've been hearing

I heard Snyderverse was just supposed to be the Man of Steel movie, BvS, the Justice League movie, then Justice League sequel to tie it all up. Then WB added more movies cuz they wanted it to be an extended universe iirc. Maybe there were more planned movies that I'm forgetting but I heard Snyder just wanted to keep it mostly contained to his own thing

I heard Snyderverse was just supposed to be the Man of Steel movie, BvS, the Justice League movie, then Justice League sequel to tie it all up. Then WB added more movies cuz they wanted it to be an extended universe iirc. Maybe there were more planned movies that I'm forgetting but I heard Snyder just wanted to keep it mostly contained to his own thing
Makes sense tbh, considering how different everything else is.

Honestly DC in general is a mess, but for the past few years individually their movies have kinda been more interesting, almost because how they can have uniquely styled movies thanks to how much of a mess they are lmao.
As someone who's seen all of Young Justice except the tail end of S4 (& I'll see that later.), I feel somewhat incredulous/defiant/annoyed about the "DC in general is a mess" part.

Nah they deadass need to reboot I'd hate for them to try and tie new shit into the shitshow the dceu is and it's prime time we replaced superman, wonderwoman, batman, and flash and started fresh with people who care to make heartfelt and decent content that actually captures those core characters (MoS and WW the first one were good, Aquaman was cool but as far the main cast goes that's it)

A bit foolish of Snyder to think he could keep things that self contained
Nah it's not really foolish just WB and their ambitions (bigotry, racism, and abuse towards their actors as well) that ruined that, The Batman ans joker are self contained and it's no problem there even among connected stuff The Suicide Squad and peacemaker are still loosely connected to the DCEU since those character actual interactions with wider DCEU is minimal and is given through statements and a small scene at the end of the peacemaker

3 Justice League movies I believe. It was supposed to be a pentalogy.

As someone who's seen all of Young Justice except the tail end of S4 (& I'll see that later.), I feel somewhat incredulous/defiant/annoyed about the "DC in general is a mess" part.
Yeah I can't say in general either other than the heavy favoritism of batman and the batman cast DC has with all forms of media they're involved in(that completely ruined the injustice movie i.e
joker killed the flash,
or batman and catwoman beating barry and wally before they could react in the comics...)

But Harley Quinn is still good if not decent, Superman and Lois's season 2 was pretty good, The Sandman is good I'm hearing so they've got properties that are doing good but say take Superman and Lois for examplw DC will never trust of believe in stories like that enough to put something like a genuinely good and heartfelt superman story on the big screen, recall they outright said they didn't know what to do with superman that would engage audiences like geez idk maybe make him who he's supposed to be instead of a jesus metaphor and a constant evil superman stereotype of himself

Yeah I can't say in general either other than the heavy favoritism of batman and the batman cast DC has with all forms of media they're involved in(that completely ruined the injustice movie i.e
joker killed the flash,
or batman and catwoman beating barry and wally before they could react in the comics...)

But Harley Quinn is still good if not decent, Superman and Lois's season 2 was pretty good, The Sandman is good I'm hearing so they've got properties that are doing good but say take Superman and Lois for examplw DC will never trust of believe in stories like that enough to put something like a genuinely good and heartfelt superman story on the big screen, recall they outright said they didn't know what to do with superman that would engage audiences like geez idk maybe make him who he's supposed to be instead of a jesus metaphor and a constant evil superman stereotype of himself
Somedays I wonder if they even REMEMBER what Superman's supposed to be...

69264928_1037599943280632_5068048992529547264_n.jpg

is this where thanos likes to go on vacation when he's on free time

Just finished watching She-Hulk: Attorney at Law episode 3.

The Wrecking Crew gets no notable feats beyond getting easily overpowered by She-Hulk, and I'm not sure whether or not we should assume that the Asgardian construction gear empowering them is meant to make them at least comparable to actual Asgardians.
The real question should be how they hell those chuckle nuts were able to rob an Asgardian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back