• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
277752807_491632745971488_3737486095827484098_n.jpg

Apparently the what if trailer got leaked

Things that caught my attention more than the others:

• Hela the queen is back, can't wait to see what will happen with her, maybe she will get the more mystical powers of her comics version
  • Another Variant of Peter who seems to join Ego...nope, definitely not problematic at all
  • Thanos fighting...visibly Captain and something happening with the Time Stone. Maybe Captain will actually get time powers?
  • Wanda
  • The end of the trailer...did I just see Odin with his two eyes? Meaning we might finally see Prime Odin?! And apparently, he will fight the Mandarin (I know the Rings give him powers but how the hell will Wenwu be able to fight ODIN? Unless Odin's seriously restraining himself)

Things that caught my attention more than the others:

• Hela the queen is back, can't wait to see what will happen with her, maybe she will get the more mystical powers of her comics version
  • Another Variant of Peter who seems to join Ego...nope, definitely not problematic at all
  • Thanos fighting...visibly Captain and something happening with the Time Stone. Maybe Captain will actually get time powers?
  • Wanda
  • The end of the trailer...did I just see Odin with his two eyes? Meaning we might finally see Prime Odin?! And apparently, he will fight the Mandarin (I know the Rings give him powers but how the hell will Wenwu be able to fight ODIN? Unless Odin's seriously restraining himself)
Plot armor

Just saw the What If Season 2 trailer. The Ten Rings can restrain Odin and block blasts from Gungnir. They should scale to him.
We should wait for the actual episode to come out or at least more scenes before making scaling, the scene shows the Rings blocking blasts but Odin seems almost casual and very quickly and easily overpowers them when they try to restrain him

The Giant's attack happened in 965 AD according to the MCU wiki and the Mandarin has been alive for 1000 years if not more so it's entirely possible for the two to have fought before the attack. Plus, it's an alternate timeline so there will be differences with the main MCU

I recently saw Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. Quite long after the rest of you, I'm betting. 2 questions:

1. This film claims its universe is Earth-616, the same as the comics. What is our stance regarding this?
2. What Versus Debating conclusions were made as a result of this work?

I recently saw Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. Quite long after the rest of you, I'm betting. 2 questions:

1. This film claims its universe is Earth-616, the same as the comics. What is our stance regarding this?
2. What Versus Debating conclusions were made as a result of this work?

It doesn't seem like any of the CRTs mention the matter about both Marvel comics & MCU claiming to be in Earth-616, which seems kinda contradictory.

Also, about America Chavez: Her profile has:
Acausality (Type 4; She's not bound by the typical rules of the multiverse and operates on a different system compared to even Scarlet Witch and Doctor Strange)
Limited Resistance to Dream Manipulation (America cannot dream as there are no other versions of her across the multiverse)

I am concerned about these justifications, because:

Her Acausality doesn't explain what the rules of the multiverse are that she's unbound from, nor does it clarify how Scarlet Witch & Doctor Strange are unbound by those rules in a different way.
If her being 1-of-a-kind across the multiverse & hence not dreaming because dreams are your alternate universe selves is all that's known to how she's exceptional to the rules, I think that her Acausality should explain that.

Horrifying as it is to revisit, do we consider what Scarlet Witch did to Mr. Fantastic Deconstruction?

Kinda hard to tell. It could be deconstruction but then you remember that wanda should have no difficulty tearing someone stretchy like Reed apart like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back