• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
God damn, who hurt you?
💀💀deadass just saw I had that in my gallery from a while ago so I sent it😭
steven-he-today.gif

I'd hope not I'm already not liking it to begin with, so what? we're gonna say shang chi is what a inhuman or kree too because of the rings better yet a djinn from another dimension like kamala's family in the show
Well his mom does come from another dimension, and who knows what the effects of the rings have on him and his father. DNA Recombination? Dad lived for a long time.

Well his mom does come from another dimension, and who knows what the effects of the rings have on him and his father. DNA Recombination? Dad lived for a long time.
His mom comes from a Chinese realm though. I hope they won't say Djinns are basically coming ftom his dimension or this is just one name given to a larger species

Last edited:
And? Doesn't weaken Reed's stupidity by any mean,
Wow characters are written to be flawed and not perfect. No way. Big shock. Many of the smartest people in the MCU are arrogant. Even Shuri's written that way.
just because we don't or barely adress one problem doesn't mean we should do the same with something even more blatant
Nah you have to keep the same energy. Otherwise your a hypocrite.

Wow characters are written to be flawed and not perfect. No way. Big shock. Many of the smartest people in the MCU are arrogant. Even Shuri's written that way.
To wich I repeat my question: and? Doesn't we can't or shouldn't adress problems
Nah you have to keep the same energy. Otherwise your a hypocrite.
It's not hypocrisy if you consider a case is more blatant than the other, or more importantly, if the first problem has already been adressed

One is done out of emotional nigh-despair and acknowledged as stupid immediately after that scene by the guy who did it himself after he had time to calm down. The other is done out of arrogance and ignoring informations about how dangerous and murderous the person they're facing any literal genius, or really anyone with even two functionning brain cells would have at least taken in account to plan their strategy, and literally giving away their strength to said person without even thinking about it for a second while the person doing that isn't clouded by emotion or personal involvement and is described as a genius.
The second is EXPONENTIALLY more stupid than the first because at least, Tony had the excuse of being personally affected, wich can cloud even the most intelligent person's judgment and (again) acknowleged this was a stupid move himself, whereas Reed's mind was perfectly clear at the time, he wasn't personally affected or emotional and had numerous hints that this Wanda was something more dangerous than the one they knew and should have at least prepare something before attacking her, just in case they would need it, yet decided it would be a good idea to go "Look, I don't want to fight you, here's how you can beat the guy who is more dangerous to you than the others so you can have an easy win" without even a small backup plan just in case, something anyone a tiny bit cautious would have done.

In short, Tony's stupidity is understandable and Reed's not, Tony has a good excuse, Reed is just stupid, period, and literally nothing can change my mind about that, this is one of the dumbest moves I've seen in a while in any sort of fictional work in recent years
How is Reed's situation not understandable?

1. Wanda was possessing the body of her rather innocent variant, so Reed already had to be very reasonable and give warnings.

2. No matter how dangerous Wanda is, he had no idea how her powers worked.

Also, you're trying to make it seem like a moment of pure arrogance and overlooking the fact he gave her that warning due to not wanting to harm his world's Wanda

That and, no matter how much of an emotional state he was in, Stark still made a decision even worse practically than Reed's decision

you're trying to make it seem like a moment of pure arrogance and overlooking the fact he gave her that warning out of not wanting to harm his world's Wanda
I'm not trying to do anything, this IS a moment of pure stupidity, period
That and, no matter how much of an emotional state Stark was in, he still made a decision that normally would not be understandable
Understanding somethin doesn't mean it's not stupid or bad. Reed's decision was understandable but it's still spectaculary stupid. Again, he could have planned something, he could have gotten a weapon or a trap, or really anything, just in case his team wasn't enough, especially since, weaker body or not, Wanda was able to forcibly enter their base and utterly destroy their army, that should have been a GIGANTIC red flag about how powerful Wanda was, anyone with two brain cells would have deemed it necessary to prepare something ahead and acknowledge the danger, why a genius wouldn't do the same?
This is literally "Our supposedly unbreakable and absolutely safe fortress has been easily invaded by just one witch we believed wasn't that powerful who casually defeated our entire army. How about we do rpepare nothing for when we will fight her, have no backup plan in case we're not enough and casually tell her wich one of us is the most dangerous and instead just try to threaten her and tell her we d'ont want to kill her and try to appeal to her humanity even though she's literally on a multiversal rampage to hunt down a teenage girl"?

I'm not trying to do anything, this IS a moment of pure stupidity, period

Understanding somethin doesn't mean it's not stupid or bad. Reed's decision was understandable but it's still spectaculary stupid. Again, he could have planned something, he could have gotten a weapon or a trap, or really anything, just in case his team wasn't enough, especially since, weaker body or not, Wanda was able to forcibly enter their base and utterly destroy their army, that should have been a GIGANTIC red flag about how powerful Wanda was, anyone with two brain cells would have deemed it necessary to prepare something ahead and acknowledge the danger.
Obviously it's still stupid, but it is still not as practically bad as straight up telling a dangerous terrorist your address

The Illuminati outside of Mordo to a small extent was written only to die and nothing else.
They had a stand in Krasinski since he was never on location for filming . They also had stand-ins for characters like Balder, Wasp, and Ghost Rider(....Don't ******* ask me what Ghost Rider is doing on the team) though none of them made the final cut, Daniel Craig would have been Balder according to rumors, though it said that he wasn't available for filming due to COVID.

The Illuminati was interchangeable outside of Professor X that its kind of funny

Besides pretty much any Marvel Comic related stuff being changed apparently, I really like Ms Marvel so far, Iman is a great actress and the visuals do a good job of representing Kamala’s thoughts and I like all of the Muslim representation in the show. The whole Jinn or whatever it’s called stuff is a little confusing though

About the Reed stupidity debate, someone that is considered smarter than even Tony Stark would not have revealed Black Bolt’s abilities just like that like he thinks he’s making a grand entrance/introduction or something

Does someone know how to handle gif in profiles? I made two profiles for the Nasuverse but I can't add a working gif in their notable attack sections so if someone can tell me how to do it, would be greatly appreciated (here's one of the profiles)

Does someone know how to handle gif in profiles? I made two profiles for the Nasuverse but I can't add a working gif in their notable attack sections so if someone can tell me how to do it, would be greatly appreciated (here's one of the profiles)

Yeah I can help with that give me a sec, I've got plenty experience with that

Oh thx mate 🙏
do you have a link to the gifs you want to use, I could do the edit for you

you want something like this right?

ya want it gallery style or right on the notable attacks?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back