• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
since the movie isn't released we're using hypothetical sizes to get AP value for the feat

Pluto for a extreme lowball if it's stated to be a really small planet

Our moon if it's stated to be moon sized or the size of a moon or ours which is the mid-end

Earth if it's stated to just be the size of a regular planet or earth which is the high-end

and the calc's are made accordingly
Ah, so the calculation is based on generating that much electricity over a planet?

Hela destroys Mjolnir, which Jane Foster uses
Doesn't Mjolnir scale to the Thor that wields it, and so would the other worthy wielders?

Hence why Cap had the same level of power as Endgame Thor instead of Dark World Thor?

If Mjolnir's enchantment is still in effect in L&T wouldn't Jane just scale to L&T Thor, same as Cap scaling to Endgame Thor? But that's if the enchantment is still in effect.

Doesn't Mjolnir scale to the Thor that wields it, and so would the other worthy wielders?

Hence why Cap had the same level of power as Endgame Thor instead of Dark World Thor?

If Mjolnir's enchantment is still in effect in L&T wouldn't Jane just scale to L&T Thor, same as Cap scaling to Endgame Thor? But that's if the enchantment is still in effect.
Unless I'm mistaken or it was changed, this applied to its AP, but not its durability

No he literally shatters the planet/moon I sent the Gif and frame by frame of him fragmenting it's surface so you can see it bit by bit
Ah. I hadn't realized that was the assumption that was happening.

I can definitely believe it's part of a planetoid-destruction scene. Although, I could believe if it wasn't, but I'm not sure what other purpose such a scene would have.
That's not Thor in that GIF, right?
Without the full context of the scene, & the resolution of the GIF being as small as it is, I didn't see things clearly, if y'all will forgive me blaming other things for my error.
Inb4 it ends up not being a planetoid destruction scene. (But like I said, it's tough to imagine why it would not be one. Although it'd be a jerk move for Thor to just destroy any planetoid. A planet is a terrible thing to waste, especially if terraforming could be a thing.)
Sorry for my stupidity.

Ah. I hadn't realized that was the assumption that was happening.

I can definitely believe it's part of a planetoid-destruction scene. Although, I could believe if it wasn't, but I'm not sure what other purpose such a scene would have.
That's not Thor in that GIF, right?
Without the full context of the scene, & the resolution of the GIF being as small as it is, I didn't see things clearly, if y'all will forgive me blaming other things for my error.
Inb4 it ends up not being a planetoid destruction scene. (But like I said, it's tough to imagine why it would not be one. Although it'd be a jerk move for Thor to just destroy any planetoid. A planet is a terrible thing to waste, especially if terraforming could be a thing.)
Sorry for my stupidity.
Very clearly Thor since there's a burst of lightning and also Taika and Hemsworth say that Thor is gonna be at his strongest ever in this movie so no assuming it's Jane either

It's a pretty clearly dead celestial body so destroying it wouldn't have any collateral damage

But like I said, it's tough to imagine why it would not be one. Although it'd be a jerk move for Thor to just destroy any planetoid. A planet is a terrible thing to waste, especially if terraforming could be a thing.)
Sorry for my stupidity.
You're all good and it's definitely thor as we see him fighting afterwards too on the destroyed planet with all the rubble and debris everywhere

Ah, good point about the lightning. & yeah, I guess it won't have any collateral damage since it's not like the planetoid's gonna be exploding & sending continent-size shrapnel radiating out through space to hit nearby bodies.
I wonder why it's in grayscale. Flashback?
Weird touch to give the lightning colour but not the scenery. I guess to highlight the lightning, to emphasize its new power?

Or is that area & Thor's garb there really just that colourless?

Ah, good point about the lightning. & yeah, I guess it won't have any collateral damage since it's not like the planetoid's gonna be exploding & sending continent-size shrapnel radiating out through space to hit nearby bodies.
Weird touch to give the lightning colour but not the scenery. I guess to highlight the lightning, to emphasize its new power?

Or is that area & Thor's garb there really just that colourless?
Gorr

Seems like everything on his planet is grey-scale
Interesting. Do we have any idea why everything has no colour on his planet? & if that's Thor in the grayscale GIF, if I understand things right, then that'd mean Gorr had Thor under his influence, right?
Also, if it's Gorr's planet, & Thor is grayscale in the destruction scene, is Thor destroying Gorr's planet?
I guess at the very least, it's Light Manipulation, IIRC, since that's what changing the colour of stuff is, unless it's purely a symbolic/abstracting visual effect by the movie rather than an in-universe thing.

Interesting. Do we have any idea why everything has no colour on his planet? & if that's Thor in the grayscale GIF, if I understand things right, then that'd mean Gorr had Thor under his influence, right?
Also, if it's Gorr's planet, & Thor is grayscale in the destruction scene, is Thor destroying Gorr's planet?
I guess at the very least, it's Light Manipulation, IIRC, since that's what changing the colour of stuff is, unless it's purely a symbolic/abstracting visual effect by the movie rather than an in-universe thing.
I honestly have no idea but I think it's pretty cool regardless

It's definitely an in-universe thing, Valkyrie was partially unaffected by the grayscale by wielding Zeus' lightning bolt

MCU: Finally, we've been upgraded to High 6-C!
Zero-One and Saber Riders:
images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back