• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also seems to have heat properties which i think is another criteria?
Btw i'm gonna calc the missile explosion Tony survived, maybe it would also be useful calcing Tony surviving the bomb at the begining of IM1 and getting thrown through ballistic glass in Avengers
Quick question, if thats the case then why isnt ultrons repulsors accepted as lightspeed? I mean they have been stated to be lightspeed, do move in a straight line (from what i have seen), come from a futuristic source plus ultron has tonys knowledge on lasers (who are lightspeed) and repulsors so i dont really see why it wouldn't be lightspeed.

I mean i guess its because peak/super humans reacted to it? But the thing is, cap scales to tom hollands spiderman who scales to andrews who does have a relativistic speed calc. Plus captain reacting to thor striking him who was the only character moving in quicksilvers (who is comparable to ultrons repulsors) slow motion.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'm used so used to fat Thor, part of me doesn't want to see it go. Maybe we'll get a training montage of him losing the fat and getting them abs back.
Probably but as we apparently like to ignore lol they're literally saying this one will be his strongest so him training up would make sense

Also in terms of the trailer it's moreso take it with a grain of salt that has plenty of sources including this fact

Ehhh... I feel like Tony's lasers are much more clear cut SOL than Superman's heat vision.

Ultron's... I dunno. I'll have to go back and check
Also haven't Ultron's laser been done in a crt a couple of times already literally with this exact thing and it's still be disagreed on

IIRC, the wrist lasers uses palladium cores to project lasers, palladium is a radiactive heavy metal meaning that for it to harness energy it would have to undergo nuclear fission or fusion, which releases nuclear radiation of many frequencies such as α (Helium nucleus), β (high-intensity electrons) and γ (high intensity photons/waves), most of which move near light speed or light speed.

Lasers themselves stand for "Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation" so it makes sense for it to be light speed as it source is already light being powered by radiation.

It also is consistent with its despictions, it generates heat and not force while moving on straight lines.

Quick question, if thats the case then why isnt ultrons repulsors accepted as lightspeed? I mean they have been stated to be lightspeed, do move in a straight line (from what i have seen), come from a futuristic source plus ultron has tonys knowledge on lasers (who are lightspeed) and repulsors so i dont really see why it wouldn't be lightspeed.
Because they generate force, they push objects and people when they impact them.

Again, one of the requirments for lightspeeds is that it cannot generate force, that means it should not propel, blast away, push, shove, or drag matter, it has to cleave, melt, scorch or burn it.

I mean i guess its because peak/super humans reacted to it? But the thing is, cap scales to tom hollands spiderman who scales to andrews who does have a relativistic speed calc. Plus captain reacting to thor striking him who was the only character moving in quicksilvers (who is comparable to ultrons repulsors) slow motion.
And also, it's possible that guide is fake

Because they generate force, they push objects and people when they impact them.
Yeah, usually in fiction characters doing SOL stuff isnt really consistent with the laws of physics tho.

Repulsors could be light attacks like kizarus Pika Pika no Mi for example.
Which obviously is alot more solidly LS then MCU lasers it does also generate force from what i have seen (kizaru vs Z)

Ultrons repulsors are stated to be lightspeed, move in a straight line, come from a futuristic source and is from ultron who knows of tonys tech, Which does have light speed stuff.

Yeah, usually in fiction characters doing SOL stuff isnt really consistent with the laws of physics tho.

Which obviously is alot more solidly LS then MCU lasers it does also generate force from what i have seen (kizaru vs Z)

Ultrons repulsors are stated to be lightspeed, move in a straight line, come from a futuristic source and is from ultron who knows of tonys tech, Which does have light speed stuff.
Like a laser=/= laser

But even then, wouldn't his repulsors create consistency errors?

Just rewatched the first Iron Man movies, we already have calcs for Tony surviving the missile explosion that launched shrapnel into his heart, him falling in the Mark I, and him launching himself into his own ceiling with doing a flight test for the Mark II, right?

They are not stated to be lightspeed, they are stated to be beams of lights, is not the same thing because a beam of light can be slower than actual light really.

Coming from a futuristic source is also irrelevant if the source in question doesn't go in depth of how works, do you really think that Halo's energy' weapons are all lightspeed because they are futuristic guns?

They are not stated to be lightspeed, they are stated to be beams of lights, is not the same thing because a beam of light can be slower than actual light really.
I mean It could be, but it is comparable to stark tech which does have LS stuff.
That is more proof then saying “it could slower then lightspeed"

Coming from a futuristic source is also irrelevant
I was referring the light dodge feats page
It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera.
But yeah the more i think about it, ultron being a realistic source doesnt make his attacks lightspeed.

Because mostly everyone reacted to it
the only case of people that from what i can remember reacted to ultrons repulsors is black widow?

As i said, black widow scales to captain america who scales to toms spiderman who scales to andrews who did this, i propose relativistic is the better end here.
It would be more consistent with light speed ultron.
IF ultrons repulsors get accepted as lightspeed, this would be very consistent with the scaling.
The peak/super humans Would get a solid relativistic rating.

and the mid tiers - god tiers would scale to Relativistic+ via scaling to quicksilver who has been stated to be approaching the speed of light according to the databooks

the only case of people that from what i can remember reacted to ultrons repulsors is black widow?

As i said, black widow scales to captain america who scales to toms spiderman who scales to andrews who did this, i propose relativistic is the better end here.
But the Relativistic part of it wasn't accepted though, only MHS+, but even then there was supposed to be a CRT of the MCU cast scaling to MHS+ due to the events of NWH.
It would be more consistent with light speed ultron.
IF ultrons repulsors get accepted as lightspeed, this would be very consistent with the scaling.
The peak/super humans Would get a solid relativistic rating.

and the mid tiers - god tiers would scale to Relativistic+ via scaling to quicksilver who has been stated to be approaching the speed of light according to the databooks
And I doubt that's going to go well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back