• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo, is he gonna be an alternate Doctor Strange? 👀
Nah, he just likes his April fools jokes, this is his second one for Multiverse of Madness

His first being this picture of a fake script
Ex7FSueVoAAc_fp

"As a result, past Spider-Man heroes and villains who knew Spider-Man’s identity started appearing on Earth-616. And that’s how Eddie and Venom arrived in the MCU."

Clearly an untrustworthy source

Okay this isn't MCU related but I have a question

Must one do a CRT if they're the only person knowledgeable on a verse and are literally creating it's first presence on the wiki?

Like verse page, profiles and all?

Okay this isn't MCU related but I have a question

Must one do a CRT if they're the only person knowledgeable on a verse and are literally creating it's first presence on the wiki?

Like verse page, profiles and all?
I don't think so. I did the verse for Astral Chain aside from Legionis a while back. The only reasons I'd do a CRT is if the tiers reach into tier 1 or if you think the statistics would be controversial. Just make sure you have feats and approved calcs for them, then you should be fine.

But then again, I'm not sure if the rules have changed since then so its prolly best to ask a staff member.

I don't think so. I did the verse for Astral Chain aside from Legionis a while back. The only reasons I'd do a CRT is if the tiers reach into tier 1 or if you think the statistics would be controversial. Just make sure you have feats and approved calcs for them, then you should be fine.

But then again, I'm not sure if the rules have changed since then so its prolly best to ask a staff member.
Yeah all my calc's have been approved and I've got scans for mostly everything I'm just still doing a lot of profile work since I've gotten my verse page complete

The ratings themselves aren't really controversial and don't reach above tier 7

The villains section (and the neutral section tbh) of the verse page needs some rework.

• Why is goose in the villains section?
  • Wenwu belongs in the villains section. That dude spent centuries being a ruthless war monger in search of power, settled down for maybe like 10 years max until his wife died, then continued to be a ruthless war monger while searching for his wife.
  • US Agent, although a ****** up one, is still a hero nonetheless. Outside of that one unhinged moment he had where he fought the duo for the shield, US Agent has always aimed his efforts towards fighting crime.
  • The "Other Villains" section is annoying to look at. Why don't we just call them independent villains?
  • Thanos should be grouped with the Black order.
  • "Dark force" users is too specific and only houses 2 members. Probably better to just make a group for mystical villains and throw Agatha, Dormammu, and whoever else in there too.
  • Alioth should probably just belong in neutral too. Its just a stupid cloud dog that needs to eat spacetime.
  • Dark Elves is also too specific and houses only 2 members. Perhaps an "Enemies of Asgard" group instead with Surtur, Ferris, and Hela joining the dark elves?

• The "Other Villains" section is annoying to look at. Why don't we just call them independent villains?
You see that doesn't work because there are some heroes in there that are not independent and that would require making more categories which is just too much work (Like how Ikaris was there for like a few weeks for some reason even tho i remember an Eternals section already existing)

You see that doesn't work because there are some heroes in there that are not independent and that would require making more categories which is just too much work (Like how Ikaris was there for like a few weeks for some reason even tho i remember an Eternals section already existing)
I don't think we're on the same page here. What "hereos" are in the other villains section? (Unless some of the netflix peeps turn into good guys, I haven't watched any of the netflix stuff) that section is all villains and if they are heros, why the hell aren't they in the villains section?

Besides I'm sure half of the folks in the other villains category can be thrown into criminals anyways.

apologies i thought you meant the heroes section
To be fair I also share gripes with the "other heroes" section too, but the situation is less desperate. They don't have to be completely independent to be considered independent. If they're associated with other heroes that's fine. They'd only not be independent if they're affiliated with an organization, team, or nation, which in that case would only require one or two new sections to be made, which isn't really much of a hassle.

The heroes were honestly the only saving grace, everything else was wasted

The Hand members have lost all their intimidating traits (there's only Murakami who is a bit good), Alexandra is boring, Elektra is wasted to the extreme, the action is quite bad (Jessica looks like she has no superpower despite supposedly possessing super strength) and overall the expectations were higher so the disappointment is much stronger, though of course it's just a personal opinion there

I just finished defenders today and it definitely picks up by the final quarter but until then the show drags it feet for what feels like an excruciating amount of time, honestly if the show was four episodes long it would probably be miles better. It's not even like the show is filled with unnecessary fan service either, it just wastes time.

Last edited:
Speaking of Daredevil, any thoughts regarding his current tiering? I'm mostly referring to the downscaling thing with Black Sky Elektra

Speaking of Daredevil, any thoughts regarding his current tiering? I'm mostly referring to the downscaling thing with Black Sky Elektra
Defenders seem to make it pretty clear that Matt and Danny aren't that much weaker than Jessica and Luke (AP wise since he's a stone wall), and all of them fight the Hand members pretty equally.

Although the reason why I'm hesitant to make them straight up 9-B+ is how they do struggle with regular thugs in their own shows. Wouldn't mind it a lot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back