• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay @The_Impress I haven't really read anything comics since I caught up on the entire jason aaron thor run last year so what exactly is happening in the comics now where Kamala is going cosmic or being amped rather?

Also the TV show looks fine imo, it's a teen-drama tho, so likely gonna be abit too kiddie for my tastes
Okay @The_Impress I haven't really read anything comics since I caught up on the entire jason aaron thor run last year so what exactly is happening in the comics now where Kamala is going cosmic or being amped rather?
Nothing, they're likely gonna try synergizing comics later on to match the TV show.

Probably not though since most comicsfolk I know dislike the power change to be too generic looking/Green Lanterny

Also the TV show looks fine imo, it's a teen-drama tho, so likely gonna be abit too kiddie for my tastes

Nothing, they're likely gonna try synergizing comics later on to match the TV show.

Probably not though since most comicsfolk I know dislike the power change to be too generic looking/Green Lanterny
Ah okay yeah I wouldn't put it past them since that's happened time and time again and yeah I'm still of the same mind that I'd prefer her powers just straight up be the regular embiggening and polymorphing from the comics and I actually enjoyed her original run and her portrayal in the avengers games main story so I did really want them to keep her powers intact even if they had to tweak things a bit to get rid of the terrigen mist since the inhumans flopped

Like a concept of her charm was sorta, she was dorky af even with her powers, and the stretching thing kinda fit with that (Mr. Fantastic parallels don't work imo since Reed uses his powers far weirded than Kamala)

But yeah stretching powers look even weirder in live-action (In a real unappealing way if y'all remember the 2000s FF movies), so likely the energy construct was the only non-wonk way.
Honestly, the trailer seems to give off a lot of Spider-Man Homecoming vibes
Because Homecoming rips from Kamala's comics aesthetics over Parker's lol

Because Homecoming rips from Kamala's aesthetics over Parker's lol
I have a friend who to this day doesn't like that MCU peter parker has just a ton of things and aspects ripped straight from a the new at the time 2014 heroes i.e kamala and Miles
But yeah stretching powers look even weirder in live-action (In a real unappealing way if y'all remember the 2000s FF movies), so likely the energy construct was the only non-wonk way.
True tho I can't help but wonder what it could look like with modern Software, effects and a Disney+ budget

I hope Kamala can at least morph to look like others or do something of the sort in this show

from the looks of it the show looks fun but I'd be lying if I didn't think the power change is kinda off putting, I'm not gonna pretend that I'm a Ms. Marvel enthusiast either but I think even if stretchy body control powers like Mister Fantastics hasn't had a history of working in live action I think they should've at least given it a try to stay true to the character, apart from that if the show ends up being similar in tone to something like Turning Red for example I think it'll be fun

Same. I already don't really like her character that much (even though I think she's okay) but this really doesn't show me anything good enough to get interesting. It really feels like a Netflix romantic highschool movie and the feeling leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The only thing that can interest me a bit is that her powers seem to be based on crystal energy and I'm curious about it because it's not really something you often see in live-action (and I love crystal-based powers)

But yeah I was deadass so confused when like, MCU show for Ms. Marvel was announced, because they literally turned MCU Spider-Man into a weird mix of Miles and Kamala, so it's just redundant lol

Teen Peter was like, miserable as shit with a half-dead Aunt and literally no support to go off of, even AS Spider-Man, he literally only even continued being a "hero" because of Uncle Ben's death. Dude deadass goes through an arc to be nicer and have more fun on the job if you read along his stories. MCU Peter's arc is learning to be more responsible (Miles' starter arc) and getting thrusted into a world of greater heroics (Kamala's arc focus).

So yeah it's weird now, I'll have to guess they're just not adapting the comics' arc, or going for a repeat.

How was this movie btw👀
it's really high energy even from the start and is pretty funny to go along with that, it also has a super nice art style and is distinct in it's own way from what you'd expect from Pixars animation, but I have seen that the tone and humour isn't for some people which I understand, if you've seen the trailer or think it'd be up your alley it's worth a watch

Speaking of Turning Red i didn't watch the movie but i just want to complain about Poland and it's terrible attempt at changing the movies title
so in Poland the movie is called "To Nie Wypanda" which translates to This isn't working out but they changed a few letters to slip a shitty pun in there and i hate it

fbi-open-up-fbi-agent.gif
Those guys actually have decent feats ngl

File’s admittedly lacking, help out with the writeups if you can.

It's a great start though it at least looks good

Should the Civil War era New Avengers (Captain America, Black Widow, War Machine, Falcon, Scarlet Witch and Vision) be up there too? And maybe that too instead of Infinity War in the membership part since there's like four people in Infinity War and they didn't even team up. It's definitely notable enough imo as they were in active duty kicking ass between Age of Ultron and Civil War

Last edited:
Should the Civil War era New Avengers (Captain America, Black Widow, War Machine, Falcon, Scarlet Witch and Vision) be up there too? And maybe that too instead of Infinity War in the membership part since there's like four people in Infinity War and they didn't even team up. It's definitely notable enough imo as they were in active duty kicking ass between Age of Ultron and Civil War
I think that's fine to have since that was the full peak squad before they were split and we do see them operating at the beginning of civil war

Meh I'd actually go reverse and suggest we yeet Infinity War team.

We never see Civil War team in action wholly either

I mean they actually assemble and the story recognises them as a team, they're the founding members at the new base, they've been on active duty for a year, and we at least know they fought in Lagos as well as against a HYDRA robot in the prequel comics.

I'm definitely fine with yeeting the Infinity War team considering that's basically just the Avengers that haven't left the team + Peter. Iron Man admits to Bruce Banner that the Avengers are toast and really only knights Peter to make him feel good.

I think it's good personnally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back