• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the final episode of ms marvel has kamala using her energy generating bracelets cover her whole body to form a suit of armor made out of energy, obtaining captain marvel levels of strength before shitstomping sinestro
jontron-excuse-me-whaaat.gif

Given that the netflix shows were moved to Disney+, I wonder, will Moon Knight get a TV-MA like those shows?

Nothing MCU related, but just watched Turning Red. It’s a good movie that expresses the pains of growing up really well, even if it takes things to the extreme. Definitely not for kids though, but definitely for those going through puberty and stuff like that
Watched it, didn't like it. It's another "adults are so dumb, they don't understand teenagers, they're control freak who don't like freedom" movie the parents being in the wrong and teenagers always right. For once, I wish there was a movie where it's the adult who is clearly in the right and the teen clearly in the wrong and admitting their mistakes at the end instead of the other way around. Also, they try to make the mother sympathetic and all but she's too unlikeable (the school scene is seriously the worst thing, in real life she would have been arrested), classic case of "we try to make our villain sympathetic but it's the villain so they must be in the wrong and we end up making them too sympathetic/too cruel and not balanced at all like we wanted".
Of course, that's just an opinion, people should get to watch it and make their own opinion.

For once, I wish there was a movie where it's the adult who is clearly in the right and the teen clearly in the wrong and admitting their mistakes at the end instead of the other way around
I mean Inside Out is this, along with the bajillion other "Wise Old Man" stories. Adults don't exactly need a spokesperson when they made the film.

And meh, it's not like these kinda parents don't exist, now more than ever with the weirdass "THINK OF THE CHILDREN" shit you see around, and the context of the moral here is in the perfect one which matters, not career stuff, just shit like friend circles and likings and whatnot parents try to micromanage for their kids.

the school scene is seriously the worst thing, in real life she would have been arrested
Also I kinda feel you overestimate the hassle it is trying to get someone arrested lol, she COULD be arrested, but rarely anyone bothers enough to report a Karen in a "my word vs. yours" sitch, especially in 2002

I mean Inside Out is this, along with the bajillion other "Wise Old Man" stories. Adults don't exactly need a spokesperson when they made the film.

And meh, it's not like these kinda parents don't exist, now more than ever with the weirdass "THINK OF THE CHILDREN" shit you see around, and the context of the moral here is in the perfect one which matters, not career stuff, just shit like friend circles and likings and whatnot parents try to micromanage for their kids.
Maybe it's because I'm not a teenager anymore or because my teenagehood was never like that and I had other problems but I'm getting tired of movies like this honestly, especially since yes parents can be toxic but teenagers are MUCH more toxic and yet we almost only have movie about the good teenagers who simply wnat to live their life and everything they do is justified vs micromanaging parents who are dumb because they don't understand kids and are control freaks cliché
Also I kinda feel you overestimate the hassle it is trying to get someone arrested lol, she COULD be arrested, but rarely anyone bothers enough to report a Karen in a "my word vs. yours" sitch, especially in 2002
It goes far beyond that, she outright kicks him in the chin and says she has the right to do so because her taxes keep him employed, at the very least she'd be arrested and banned from school grounds permanently for assaulting and battering an employee who was doing his job

It goes far beyond that, she outright kicks him in the chin and says she has the right to do so because her taxes keep him employed, at the very least she'd be arrested and banned from school grounds permanently for assaulting and battering an employee who was doing his job
Oh I know it does, again, you underestimate the hassle to report that, not gonna elaborate further than that because it gets kinda in the risky territory in terms of topic, just note the circumstances and era in detail abit

Anyways this is off-topic, so stopping here

once, I wish there was a movie where it's the adult who is clearly in the right and the teen clearly in the wrong and admitting their mistakes at the end instead of the other way around.
Maybe it's because I'm not a teenager anymore or because my teenagehood was never like that and I had other problems but I'm getting tired of movies like this honestly, especially since yes parents can be toxic but teenagers are MUCH more toxic and yet we almost only have movie about the good teenagers who simply wnat to live their life and everything they do is justified vs micromanaging parents who are dumb because they don't understand kids and are control freaks cliché
I mean you both bring up valid point but honestly a story could have more of both and even the group I watched with was partly inclined to Arkham's point that specifically being that TO A DEGREE(not entirely) teenagers aren't like this (that being the way Ming Lee was presented).

Disclaimer as I said even in my brief review my friends and I really enjoyed the movie but for a good 3/5ths of it none of us really liked Ming Lee and found her to be pretty unrealistic and annoying not entirely of course but definitely to some degree as her character did a complete 180 for like 2/5ths of the film from what she herself established her character as in the first 2 minutes of the film and acted pretty unrealistically in quite a few ways and situations.

That said The_Impress is absolutely correct that there are certainly more and more parents especially in this year who fit the bill for Ming Lee's parents which for sure makes some of her mindset and actions believable as those kind of parents can really take a toll on a kid and just do some entirely embarrassing things and be pretty stubborn. They certainly aren't without fault and can really make some a kid feel trapped in thier own home trying to meet their parents expectations to stay out of trouble at least within view of their parents (as evident by the stuff under Ming Lee's bed even as small as the test she got a "B" on)

But yeah I feel a movie that actively shows why both aren't morally correct or that you can say you realistically understand(even if you don't agree with) both sides choices and mental states and what makes them react and act the way they act would be refreshing.

Plenty of kids are actual assholes who do some pretty ****** up stuff and plenty of adults aren't any better and are easily much worse considering their age alone and the choices they make.

That said we should really get back to marvel talk👀

I mean you both bring up valid point but honestly a story could have more of both and even the group I watched with was partly inclined to Arkham's point that specifically being that TO A DEGREE(not entirely) teenagers aren't like this (that being the way Ming Lee was presented).

Disclaimer as I said even in my brief review my friends and I really enjoyed the movie but for a good 3/5ths of it none of us really liked Ming Lee and found her to be pretty unrealistic and annoying not entirely of course but definitely to some degree as her character did a complete 180 for like 2/5ths of the film from what she herself established her character as in the first 2 minutes of the film and acted pretty unrealistically in quite a few ways and situations.

That said The_Impress is absolutely correct that there are certainly more and more parents especially in this year who fit the bill for Ming Lee's parents which for sure makes some of her mindset and actions believable as those kind of parents can really take a toll on a kid and just do some entirely embarrassing things and be pretty stubborn. They certainly aren't without fault and can really make some a kid feel trapped in thier own home trying to meet their parents expectations to stay out of trouble at least within view of their parents (as evident by the stuff under Ming Lee's bed even as small as the test she got a "B" on)

But yeah I feel a movie that actively shows why both aren't morally correct or that you can say you realistically understand(even if you don't agree with) both sides choices and mental states and what makes them react and act the way they act would be refreshing.

Plenty of kids are actual assholes who do some pretty ****** up stuff and plenty of adults aren't any better and are easily much worse considering their age alone and the choices they make.

That said we should really get back to marvel talk👀
Marvel talk, um... stupid question: if they bring back the Punisher to the MCU, could it be as a villain? In reference to... recent events?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back