• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
drst.jpg

Strange promo art for MoM. It's...a bit better I guess

What are the grounds for a Shang Chi upgrade?
Normally, Wenwu would be Tier 8 via various feats. Probably 8-A from his shaking the mountain feat. By combining the energy of the Great Protector with the Rings, Shang-Chi's final attack would be High 6-C. The scaling comes from Eternals: The 500 Year War #6. In the 16th century, Ming Dynasty, China, a Deviant fought a baby dragon, barely 10 to 20 metres long. The Deviant also injured the Sorcerer Supreme of the era. Ikaris couldn't kill the Deviant with his strongest attack (literally flying through it). The injured baby Dragon was able to hold the Deviant still enough for Ikaris to perform his attack, and ultimately died (rip Baby Dragon you won't be forgotten). The Great Protector and the Dweller-In-Darkness in Shang-Chi were more than 200 metres long.

Has been discussed before but I find interesting that, according to the showrunners of What if, Ultron's not using them to affect the universe around him, but rather enhance himself, since they come from the same universe. Thus he can channel their power to fuel his weaponry and technology, as well as modify himself, but he can't actually use their powers outside his own universe directly. Could be added as a weakness to his profile. Also, the fact that he's a program that can be hacked should also be added

Has been discussed before but I find interesting that, according to the showrunners of What if, Ultron's not using them to affect the universe around him, but rather enhance himself, since they come from the same universe. Thus he can channel their power to fuel his weaponry and technology, as well as modify himself, but he can't actually use their powers outside his own universe directly. Could be added as a weakness to his profile. Also, the fact that he's a program that can be hacked should also be added
Using what exactly? Also source?

That last one is not a weakness. It's like saying a person can die is a weakness

So where is him not being able to use the stones directly outside his universe coming from?

We literally see him using the stones just fine outside his own universe
there's more to it than that. He exclusively used the stone on himself, and when they brought him back to his universe, he instantly tried to stop time, something he didn't try to do before

So where is him not being able to use the stones directly outside his universe coming from?

We literally see him using the stones just fine outside his own universe
The Stones cannot directly affect another universe than their own but they can be used on oneself, wich is exactly why Ultron is able to use their abilities, because he powers himself with them so he gets abilities

no reason to stop time? Really?
What's the point of doing so when he's got other options? Plus, why would him choosing not to use one specific ability mean that some of his abilities are restricted?

The Stones cannot directly affect another universe than their own but they can be used on oneself, wich is exactly why Ultron is able to use their abilities, because he powers himself with them so he gets abilities
Where is that stated again? I'm only seeing a scan of Ultron being powered by the infinity stones themselves, but I don't see sources for the first part.

What's the point of doing so when he's got other options? Plus, why would him choosing not to use one specific ability mean that some of his abilities are restricted?
That I agree
Where is that stated again? I'm only seeing a scan of Ultron being powered by the infinity stones themselves, but I don't see sources for the first part.
Pretty much all articles about the Stones in What if came to that conclusion and same goes for basically anyone else, with nothing coming to contradict that conclusion, and it is canon the MCU is part of the greater Marvel Universe (as Earth/Universe 199999), including the comics, and in the comics, the Stones don't work outside of their own universe (the "same universe being" is a clear call-back to this). Last but least, fridge logic. If Ultron could simply directly affect other universes outside of his own, why would the writer of the series make the effort to precise he's using them by empowering himself because they're from the same universe?

Hum so I was chilling on the MCU wiki and I kind of red the Big Bang page. Explaining it was caused by Arishem.

NOW, before someone says anything, YES, we need more sources than this

So....here's this

To quote: "We begin with а giаnt bаll of energy in Arishem’s hаnd, which explodes. “OK, now whаt?” it wаs like аfter thаt. We hаve аll of this аntimаtter аnd dаrk mаtter, аnd you cаn see thаt the fаbric of spаce isn’t perfectly smooth, with crevices where mаtter cаn collect аnd grаvitаtionаl pull cаn begin to form…"

So what all of you guys do you think about the Big Bang stuff? caused the way it's presented here...it's basically confirmed Arishem alone created the Big Bang

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back