• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to be the first to say that opening was cool as hell and I'm loving that we've got MCU animated works now this is one hell of a time to be invested🙏

Just finished watching What If...? Episode 1. There should be two or three profiles that can come from this episode.

Feats off the top of my head:

Captain Carter should scale to main universe Captain America due to being empowered by the same super soldier serum.

The HYDRA Stomper (Steve Rogers) is powered by the Tesseract, but lacks any notable feats that would clearly indicate an ability to fully use the 6-C power that the Tesseract has on its page, so I'm not entirely sure what the best rating for it would be. The Stomper should at the very least be comparable to Captain Carter, and also easily destroyed, flipped over and took shots from tanks. It also survived an explosion that destroyed a train and part of a cliffside, as well as caused an avalanche, which looks like it could be somewhere in the Tier 8 range.

Hydra's Champion (Hive? Shuma Gorath? Something else?) easily killed Red Skull and destroyed a chunk of the HYDRA facility. Captain Carter and the HYDRA Stomper (powered by a generator instead of the Tessaract) could damage the Champion and sever it's tentacles, and the former was able to push the creature back into the Tessaract's portal.

Overall, not bad in terms of feats.

Last edited:
So to come back to the Marvel matter and put aside the Fate stuff for now, I really hope the Champion wasn't Shuma Gorath. I mean, Shuma is a gigantic threat in the comics, greater than even Dormammu, he should be the same here. It's probably Hive though, I mean with Hydra and so on.

Aside from that, the episode was good. The animation was weird sometimes but still good and it was interesting to see Carter as Captain. Also liked the fact Steve still fights in the war even without the serum, he adapts to the circumstances.

Captain Carter should scale to main universe Captain America due to being empowered by the same super soldier serum.
I'm against scaling Carter to mainline Steve. Plus, that Hydra agent already bombed half the generators for the procedure and by Howards own words, it was just moments before not even being able to work at all. Just scale her to her own feats. Honestly some of them might turn out better than Steve's.

I'm against scaling Carter to mainline Steve. Plus, that Hydra agent already bombed half the generators for the procedure and by Howards own words, it was just moments before not even being able to work at all. Just scale her to her own feats. Honestly some of them might turn out better than Steve's.
Exactly what i thought, her feats were quite impressive and she clearly has faster reflexes.

Actually they seemed to be even when cam to throwing vehicles(atleast to me)
Yeah same remember Steve curled that helicopter's full lift power with an arm, Also that hydra stomper is definitely more impressive than the Mk1 and Mk2 of Tony's suits that explosion plus debris that the suit tanked was insane it could easily probably be city block level

Gotta say that pacing was asbolute garbage though; this wasn't "What If...? Captain Carter Was The First Avenger" it was "What If...? We Made A 2 and A Half Hour-long Movie 30 Minutes"

I mean that was kind of expected. The whole basis of the series is about how the MCU movies would have turned out if small details were changed and it was obvious from the start we wouldn't have a full-blown movie, only episodes. Honestly, I was expected 20 minutes-long episodes instead of 30 minutes.

Also Red Skull was stupid.

Question for the general stuff but do we know if the series will simply be a list of episodes separated from each other with their own plot or if there will be a general story for the whole series?

Question for the general stuff but do we know if the series will simply be a list of episodes separated from each other with their own plot or if there will be a general story for the whole series?
They'll connect in someway at some point since we see Captain Cater Teaming with Dr. Strange later on so In some way these episodes won't all be self contained stories and we'll see these universe's crossover even if it be 1 character appearing in another

You know thinking about it a little more the reason why carter seems a bit better the cap could be because that she is animated we’ll cap is manly in love action. But regardless she is pretty nutty
Yep the ease of animation physics vs working with real people and physics as well as the fact that people can accept animation being more nutty than live action without it being questioned. She can simply have crazier feats on screen that won't be questioned the same

I was kinda disappointed at the length of the episode, as I was expecting it to be at least 45mins long. Also, I'm not the biggest fan of the animation style either, but other than that I enjoyed it.

Damn y'all sat here looking like this🗿 the whole time watching 😅😂😂

I honestly don't know what you guys were hoping for and I gave the length of the first 3 episodes earlier idk how you were expecting a 45 minute feature film with studio ufotable level animation💀

I personally enjoyed it quite a bit as a start to something new and I'm ready to see more out of it

I don't know about you guys I just felt absolutely nothing watching it... maybe it's just me.
Didn't feel nothing but it wasn't exceptional, just...cool. The animation is nice but not great either (and meh sometimes), the plot was fun and interesting but not really developped that much and the characters are sympathic but that's it. It was nice intro but I expected something more exciting. Hope we'll get more later.

they just had to kill off red skull, didnt they? Also Steve himself survived the tesseract explosion. So there should be a skinny Steve key

Well I’m surprised cap hasn’t got a pre serum/skinny key. He would be around 10-C if there was one
Because he doesn't even need it. He has zero feats as skinny Steve, and he was only seen pre-serum for like 5 seconds in the entire MCU.

"Lets make a key for the main character of a series in the first 3 chapters before they developed their powers."

Just finished it, really enjoyed it tbh.

Peggy, Steve and Howard where great, wish Bucky did more.

Excited to see the rest.

The way they killed Skull was… shocking to say the least

Bucky kept doing a really awkward "I'm saying funny thing at every scene" thing

I understand what you mean but at least appreciate they let the man tone down the seriousness this is really the first time he gets to play Bucky like this and he's enjoying every second of it, this isn't a winter soldier traumatized serial killer. This isn't that Bucky he still was at least a little witty in the first avenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back