• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MCU Phase 4 General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So recently im seeing an uptick of people wanting T’Challa recasted (Probably since BP2 fliming got postponed and Letitia Wright got hurt), I dont know if its been discussed here but what are you’re guys’ thoughts on the MCU recasting T’Challa? It wouldnt be the first MCU character to get recasted.
Imo it's not a moral issue as much as it's a quality one. X-men showed that you can't just change the actors like that. Maybe an AU t'challah?

So recently im seeing an uptick of people wanting T’Challa recasted (Probably since BP2 fliming got postponed and Letitia Wright got hurt), I dont know if its been discussed here but what are you’re guys’ thoughts on the MCU recasting T’Challa? It wouldnt be the first MCU character to get recasted.
Apparently, they thought about it, but realized they couldn't do it.

images

I'm hoping that by the time Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Magic comes out, we'll have a better idea of how to scale sorcerers. As it stands currently, their magic seems variable depending on the type used. Sometimes it doesn't seem to be above Tier 9, other times its implied to be far greater. Closing portals can cut off Cull Obsidian's hand, and they don't seem to ignore durability considering that that Joe Russo stated that closing a portal on Thanos to cut off his arm wouldn't work, at least not quickly enough to be a viable method of stopping him, and this is specifically attributed to the durability of Thanos' skin.

Their natural lifting strength should probably be higher than Average Human. Kaecilius can lift and slam Doctor Strange with one arm (1:13), which seems like it should at least be Above Average Human.

Also, pre-Infinity War Strange, Mordo, and Wong withstood getting hit by a shockwave from Kaecilius that shook multiple vehicles, including a bus (3:07). Not sure whether or not that would yield results that could upgrade them above 9-C physically, but it seems worth noting at least.

I'm hoping that by the time Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Magic comes out, we'll have a better idea of how to scale sorcerers. As it stands currently, their magic seems variable depending on the type used. Sometimes it doesn't seem to be above Tier 9, other times its implied to be far greater. Closing portals can cut off Cull Obsidian's hand, and they don't seem to ignore durability considering that that Joe Russo stated that closing a portal on Thanos to cut off his arm wouldn't work, at least not quickly enough to be a viable method of stopping him, and this is specifically attributed to the durability of Thanos' skin.

Their natural lifting strength should probably be higher than Average Human. Kaecilius can lift and slam Doctor Strange with one arm (1:13), which seems like it should at least be Above Average Human.

Also, pre-Infinity War Strange, Mordo, and Wong withstood getting hit by a shockwave from Kaecilius that shook multiple vehicles, including a bus (3:07). Not sure whether or not that would yield results that could upgrade them above 9-C physically, but it seems worth noting at least.
I think it will depends on each character honestly since each sorcerer is pretty unique in their own way

Last edited:
Dura neg would make more since seeing as even fodder wizards have sling rings and them all being 6-c doesn’t sound right, especially since thanos ran there fades
Why would every single sorcerer end up at 6-C from Wong’s feat though…? And it’s clearly not dura neg if Thanos can tank it just because of his skin’s thickness.

Not only that but this crap is also being highly contested in the very CV thread it was posted.

Also, jesus these people in the comments, where are the mods?
Reporting to the RVT for saying I'm a regular user and trying to upgrade the MCU with headcanon/wank

ovo

Why would every single sorcerer end up at 6-C from Wong’s feat though…? And it’s clearly not dura neg if Thanos can tank it just because of his skin’s thickness.
Because his using a basic sling ring and ever fodder sorcer has one, wong wasn’t doing anything particularly special with it that other couldn’t. Not really, just because one character can tank it because of there skin’s toughness dosen’t negate that said attack would be dura neg. For example comic Corvus’s glavie’s spear can cut atoms in half like nothing and was shanking Hyperion and hulk yet comic thanos can tank it just fine. Yet that doesn’t negate the fact that it bypasses conventional dura.

Because his using a basic sling ring and ever fodder sorcer has one, wong wasn’t doing anything particularly special with it that other couldn’t
Having the same tool =/= having the same skill and power with it
For example comic Corvus’s glavie’s spear can cut atoms in half like nothing and was shanking Hyperion and hulk yet comic thanos can tank it just fine. Yet that doesn’t negate the fact that it bypasses conventional dura.
Cool, that’s how it works in the comics (and also would just be Thanos being more durable than Hyperion and Hulk). Is there any evidence of it working like that in the MCU? Actually, is there any evidence of the portals being durability negation to begin with?

Having the same tool =/= having the same skill and power with it

Cool, that’s how it works in the comics (and also would just be Thanos being more durable than Hyperion and Hulk). Is there any evidence of it working like that in the MCU? Actually, is there any evidence of the portals being durability negation to begin with?
There is no difference in power nor skill, the only thing that wong would have over an average sorcerer would him being able to teleport to further places

not really considering cutting atoms is considered “ignoring conventional dura” on this site and in general
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Corvus_Glaive_(Marvel_Comics)

Considering(atleast from how I understand it) portals tear open holes in space time and then mend space time together after being closed I’d assume being cut by space and time isn’t conventional dura

There is no difference in power nor skill, the only thing that wong would have over an average sorcerer would him being able to teleport to further places
Can you provide proof that every other sorcerer is comparable to Wong? Because if not, everyone having a sling ring isn’t a proper counterpoint.
Considering(atleast from how I understand it) portals tear open holes in space time and then mend space time together after being closed I’d assume being cut by space and time isn’t conventional dura
So… you’re just assuming it’s dura neg. Even though it’s stated that the portal wouldn’t work on Thanos because of his durability, which means there must be some AP going on here.

question how many of you are excited

for spiderman no way home?
Quite excited here (though I hope the movie itself will be good and it won't be just about showing the three Spider-Man, otherwise it would basically be "Fan service: The Movie". So I want a good story, good action and good surprises (wich is why I would also want for something like "Someone messed up Strange's spell on purpose", be it Mephisto or Shuma, it would be a nice twist I think)

Can you provide proof that every other sorcerer is comparable to Wong? Because if not, everyone having a sling ring isn’t a proper counterpoint.

So… you’re just assuming it’s dura neg. Even though it’s stated that the portal wouldn’t work on Thanos because of his durability, which means there must be some AP going on here.
I don’t need to its never stated or implied that a sling ring portal is more powerful via the sorcerer

So is getting cut by space time not dura neg. not really considering space time manipulation is a form of dura neg
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Durability_Negation

I don’t need to its never stated or implied that a sling ring portal is more powerful via the sorcerer
Yes, actually, you do need to provide evidence that they’re comparable to Wong, considering that’s your main argument against scaling him to Cull Obsidian. If you can’t prove that, your argument doesn’t have any support.
So is getting cut by space time not dura neg. not really considering space time manipulation is a form of dura neg
Y’know, if you read that page, it mentions distorting space and time around them or sending them back in time, which is not the same thing. Plus space-time manip doesn’t always negate durability. And again, if Thanos can resist it through sheer durability, it’s clearly AP.

Oh, and by the way, your example from the comics doesn’t work either because Corvus’ weapon isn’t accepted as durability negation, it’s accepted as matter manipulation. Thanos has resistance to matter manipulation for tanking it.

Yes, actually, you do need to provide evidence that they’re comparable to Wong, considering that’s your main argument against scaling him to Cull Obsidian. If you can’t prove that, your argument doesn’t have any support.

Y’know, if you read that page, it mentions distorting space and time around them or sending them back in time, which is not the same thing. Plus space-time manip doesn’t always negate durability. And again, if Thanos can resist it through sheer durability, it’s clearly AP.

Oh, and by the way, your example from the comics doesn’t work either because Corvus’ weapon isn’t accepted as durability negation, it’s accepted as matter manipulation. Thanos has resistance to matter manipulation for tanking it.
No actually I don’t, it’s like you asking me to provide evdince for my handgun having the same muzzle velocity as Mcu punshiers handgun despite them being the same model with no modification and the only difference being that he can aim better then me. I’ll look to provide evidence when you can provide eveince that wongs portals are somehow more powerful then a stable portal from an average sorcerer

ya as an example, that’s not the only way to apply space-time manipulation in order to neg dura. That depends on how the user uses the ability. No it doesn’t it just means he can resist space-time manipulation.

Please so me we’re it stats on 616 Corvus’s profile that his spear grants him matter manipulation and not dura neg. seems quite odd considering his glave dosen’t manipulate matter but just damages it on a smaller scale.

question how many of you are excited

for spiderman no way home?
I am very much excited for it. I just hope that the identity crisis plot and the multiverse plot are both fleshed out well enough. Luckily, most reports suggest the movie is long (though it's not quite clear how long), so I am optimistic the story can maintain at least decent pacing and not rush through too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back